[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does yoga improve flexibility/mobility? Should I pursue it? If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: yoga-saves-mans-life.jpg (50KB, 1000x636px) Image search: [Google]
yoga-saves-mans-life.jpg
50KB, 1000x636px
Does yoga improve flexibility/mobility? Should I pursue it? If so, is there anything I need to be aware of before going in, such as scams etc?
>>
will doing specific movements directly targeted at flexibility and mobility improve my flexibility/mobility?

of course not, what are you? retarded?
>>
>>42300721
Does it improve anything for that matter?
>>
>>42300721

Moving into patterns that stretch and facilitate webs of fascia to move over through and all around your body sounds good to me as long as it's done safely within your limit. Like, if an instructor is telling you to deepen this or that and it's beyond the "little bit of hurt but turns to nice" feeling, don't follow that instruction.
>>
>>42300692

Generally speaking, if it's in a gym, that's a class you gotta pay for or maybe it comes with your membership. If it's in a separate studio, it may have one time passes or packs of multiple sessions for a discount.

There are many types of yoga, so ask for slower, mobility and beginer stuff and they will point you in the right direction.

Although heat may sound like a great way to soften the area you want to mobilize (just say it's your shoulder already) when applied all over your body, like in hot yoga classes, your body shifts from repairing sore tissue to maintaining your vital systems while you work out. It sucks, trust me. Maybe after you actually like doing yoga, throw one in to see if you like it.

As for how often, that's up to you. You're moving your body's connective tissues in ways that it hasn't been before, so you will gain a new sense for your body as your proprioceptive network in your connective tissue lets you know where things are sticky, or don't glide well within your body as you move.
>>
>>42301262
>(just say it's your shoulder already)

It's actually my lower back. My lower back is tight as fuck, possibly tighter now that I have started an exercise routine.
>>
>>42302340
Look up scoobys vid on hamstring stretching
Hammy stretching is like magic with lower back pain
>>
>>42302369
Will do. Ive also noticed that after running for a short amount of time the muscles behind my lower legs are also very tight. I just feel like I need some supplement to my exercises. I do some very basic stretches after each exercise but I dont think it's enough.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.