[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much weight should I expect to gain before I start to lose size?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey /fit/,

Around fall of last year I realized I was getting too big for my own good. At around 170 lbs and around 5'6" with little to no stamina or muscle mass, I was really unsatisfied with my body and its future.

I started hitting the gym in the fall and continued on through early spring. I followed the stripped 5x5 to a t. I knew I would gain weight during the process, but I didn't imagine how much.

In a period of maybe five months I went from 170 to nearly 200 lbs. I was on a diet of maybe 1500 calories per day, no soda, junk food, etc. And I felt amazing, don't get me wrong. I felt strong as hell. I hadn't been able to lift as much in my life before and I felt healthy and charismatic. I'd gone from lifting an average of maybe 20 lbs for a few reps to lifting a few sets of 150 lbs. It was a huge confidence booster.

But I'll be damned if I didn't still look chunky. Even chunkier now than I did before. Hell, now none of my clothes fit me quite right. I went from having about three times the clothes that fit me now. Things at home kept me from the gym and I'm ashamed to say I haven't been back since. Thankfully, some of my clothes fit again, but I know that it was a mistake on the whole. Kind of sucks that I can't afford a new wardrobe, otherwise I'd just ride it out.

Do I just need to do more cardio? Should I focus mainly on cardio until I get to a weight that satisfies me? I never imagined that gaining size would be this much of an issue.
>>
>diy: ripped skinny jeans
>step 1: buy skinny jeans
>step 2: rip said jeans
>step 3: ?????????
>step 4: profit

Also I'm not reading that fucking thesis of a post op, sorry
>>
>>42299458
That's fair.

tl;dr

>Want to lose weight
>start hitting gym, adopt 1500 cal diet of healthy stuffs
>Hit gym for about five months, doing stripped 5x5
>Feel amazing, can lift a ton more than ever before.
>imagine mfw I realize I've gained thirty pounds and I'm still growing
>even less of my clothes fit me now
>should I cut out the lifting and just go for cardio?
>>
>>42299427
I simply do not believe you gained 30 pounds in 5 months at 1500 calories
>>
>>42299494
Cut out food, you're eating too much. Also some noob gains to account for but I say keep lifting, scale back food like 250 calories and see how that goes
>>
>>42299522
I have no fucking clue either. That's why I'm asking. I went from zero lifting ever to lifting three times a week at minimum. Could it be muscle?

>>42299527
I'll give it a shot. I intend to get started again here in a month or so when I have access to a gym again. Any good resources for low cal diets like that?
>>
>>42299543
There's 0 chance it's all muscle. My bet is that you're underestimating the calories you're eating. Cut your diet down to basics so it's easier to estimate your calories. Record your weight to see if you're making progress week to week, if you don't lose weight lower the calories but if you lose weight too fast raise your calories.
>>
>>42299543
Stick to eating the same thing everyday. I know it sounds bad but it's really not and it's a way to guarantee as much as you can how many calories you eat
>>
>>42299581
That's fair. I easily could've eaten an extra serving of something here or there at dinner throughout the week, never realized it when I was putting in my calorie counts. Thanks for being straight with me.

I was keeping track of weight daily, but weekly actually makes more sense.
>>
>>42299600
I'll give that a shot. Do you have any good recipes or the like to recommend for that kind of situation?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.