[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone beat depression with excersize?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: ree.jpg (153KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
153KB, 600x900px
Anyone beat depression with excersize?
>>
>>42298624
It helps with it, but it's not the main reason why I do it.
>>
>>42298624
yes, I was a depressed 340+ lb piece of shit and i got tired of being miserable so i forced myself to start going to the gym. That was a couple years ago. I've lost 90-100 lbs and the depression only comes back maybe one day every few months, as opposed to almost every day
>>
going vegan cured my depression
>>
>>42298624
i beat mental illness using a crash diet and illegal stimulants from an indian pharmacy
>>
File: 1339564811756.png (99KB, 277x337px) Image search: [Google]
1339564811756.png
99KB, 277x337px
>>42298624
Extreme sports are the best cure, people who are depressed usually lack excitement and thrills in their life.
>>
>>42298676
it helped me too, and cardio every day
>>
>>42298624
>depression
>real
Sack up big boi
>>
>>42298624
It indirectly did for me. By working out and getting in better shape it helped me learn 3 important lessons that basically changed my life for the better.
1. I was much stronger mentally than i thought which has helped me in real life situations as you become an adult.
2. I learned the importance of true self awareness. Once you can achieve a good sense of self awareness i feel like it becomes easier to accomplish things in life, like setting realistic goals rather than dreams. As well as understanding where you are and where you can be in the social hierarchy.
3. Lastly i learned I create my sense of self worth that cant be diminished or tarnished by others. I think most depression is self inflicted nowadays and if you learn to see yourself for your good you will generally live a more joyed life and it will reciprocate into all other facets of your life.
>>
Not yet, but I'm hoping. I'm surprised I've been able to keep a disciplined routine up for just over a year without slipping up more than a handful skipped days

Pretty proud over myself for once in my life, even if I've got NO GAINS and NO STRENGTH to show for it
>>
File: IMG_0485.jpg (240KB, 967x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0485.jpg
240KB, 967x1500px
>>42298692
Are you me? Modafinal from India here. Doesn't do anything for my depression. But that's what the lexapro is for. And what do you mean by crash diet?

OP, exercise helped mask my depression. Not after long, I was lifting almost everyday. Those 2 hours each day my depression didn't exist. I've been lifting about 10 years now. Lifting still helps quite a bit. It's mostly towards the end of the workout when the endorphins are highest you forget the pain.
>>
>>42298746
All of these. Better, even after I broke hard (unrelated to lifting) and was told it'll be at least a year to feel normal. I ended up exceeding all my PRs for lifting and cardio eight months later.
>>
You don't "beat" depression.
>>
>>42298676
Cutting out dairy was huge in helping my depression, along with cardio.
>>
>>42298624
Lifting + anime cured my depression
>>
>>42298746
Honestly this. Getting to the gym regularly and lifting around a group of guys I can tolerate for a few hours out of the week taught me supremely important things about life.
1. Self-ownership is the key to peace of mind. When you accept all your failures and shortcomings as no one's fault but your own, you quickly learn the self-control to succeed and love yourself unconditionally.

2 (and this is probably going to be a controversial opinion on 4chan) community is key. We're social animals and pack hunters by nature. Finding some like-minded people to spend time with and shoot the shit with, even if it's only for a few hours a week, is good for the mind and soul. Those on the spectrum may disagree.
>>
File: IMG_0590.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0590.gif
4MB, 204x204px
Didn't beat it, but it helps. Having goals and committing to daily routine helped. Also, found clarity in other areas in my life, and how to succeed in accomplishing other tasks.
>>
Yeah, but then losing my then gf who looking back was my dream girl and a huge fuck up on my part losing her, losing my gains, and losing my confidence thanks to law school brought me back. Just when I was finally getting the depression against the ropes after doing really well in school my second year my mom passed away and I've spent over the past two months staying late at work, wandering aimlessly around, and generally being more depressed than I thought possible despite having a period of years where I'd frequently fantasize about suicide.
>>
>>42298624
Do yourself a favor and look up magic mushrooms and how they help with depression long term.
>>
>>42299077
I have Asperger's, so I'm technically on the spectrum, but even I start regressing to bad habits if I don't at least text people and talk to them about deep stuff.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.