[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out with dinner lads. My parents are gone for a week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1500064059342.jpg (148KB, 934x956px) Image search: [Google]
1500064059342.jpg
148KB, 934x956px
Help me out with dinner lads.
My parents are gone for a week next week and my dad is usually the cook who makes chicken n meat and shit. This is the first time ever having to make dinner for myself in the 22 years I've been alive. I'm trying to keep my daily intake to 1400-1600 cals and low carb. I usually max out at 600-800 before dinner. Assume my budget is like $50. Any meal or food is good I'm not picky. I could eat 6 bland chicken planks and be good if I have to
>>
>>42286496
because im bored
>1 chicken breast
>1 1/2 cup brown rice
>2 strips of bacon (for fat)
>cup of milk
>>
>>42286544
Cheers brah. Have a (You)
>>
>>42286544
the cup of milk can be replaced with a protien shake or blended together for extra protien
>>
>>42286544
holy shit my man that's enough rice for three days.

>>42286496
OP go to the grocery store and pick up some NY strips or filets. Take one out of the package and put the other one in cellophane wrap and in the freezer.

Pat your meat dry with paper towels. Cut the fat off the edge with a knife on a cutting board. Turn the oven on to bake at 275 (make sure it's empty). Take a pan (cast iron if you have it) and pour a couple ounces of oil into it (veggie or olive, whatever) and set it on a burner at 8/10. Season the meat with salt while the pan gets hot. Once it's hot and the oil is rolling around quickly when you tilt it, gently lay the meat down onto the pan surface. Be careful not to splatter.

DO NOT MOVE THE MEAT. Let it sit there for 3-4 minutes at 7/10 heat. It will smoke a little. After the first minute you can tilt the pan to get the oil around the bottom surface. Right now the meat is undergoing the Maillard process, where protein on the meat surface is charred and turned into sugar. It's what makes a great quality steak.

cont
>>
File: nystrip.jpg (162KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
nystrip.jpg
162KB, 1328x747px
>>42287068
Take some tongs and pick up the steak off the pan surface. Gently flip it over and set it down on the opposite side. Watch it for another 3-4 minutes. While this is happening, feel free to belt a couple tabs of butter onto the pan or the meat itself. Also get a stoneware plate ready, and some aluminum foil. Take the foil and lay it flat on the plate. When the 3-4 minutes are up, remove the steak onto the foil, add fresh thyme and rosemary if you have some, and curl up the edges of the foil. Pour in the pan sauce and wrap the steak up completely inside the foil. You don't want vapor to escape. slide it into the oven for another 4 minutes.

After 3-4 minutes remove the plate from the oven (use kitchen towels), unwrap, and let it rest on a cool plate for a bit. Slice with a sharp knife and drizzle your butter herb sauce.

Pic related. I overcooked mine intentionally because the meat was a little suspect. Yours will be a delicious red-pink.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.