[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I lift and do cardio while on a 500 calorie deficit, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: AJ_Love.png (849KB, 476x599px) Image search: [Google]
AJ_Love.png
849KB, 476x599px
If I lift and do cardio while on a 500 calorie deficit, what will happen? I'm skinny fat, 5"10 and 145 pounds, want to reduce about bodyfat before I start bulking
>>
>>42286427
prolly you will just end up auschwitz mode
really, what are you trying to cut down to? 145 lbs means you cant be more than ~16-18% body fat, which is not that high. reason you look like shit is that there's no muscle underneath that fat.
So dont start off with cutting unless youre looking to go full skelly mode. just start lifting while maintaining food intake.
>>
>>42286427
145 isn't skinnyfat, it's just skinny. Eat more, not less.
>>
>what will happen?

>ARISE MY SKELETON ARMY
>>
>>42286427
You will not make any gains, you'll lose fat, and your lifts will probably go up to an extent. When you start, you have no idea how to use your muscles to move the weight around, so a lot of it is training your body to do the lift correctly which means you'll be able to lift more without building more muscle simply because your technique is better. You'll probably dread going to the gym though, as you won't have any excess energy to burn what with the calorie deficit and cardio on top of that.
>>
>>42286465
I've been told it's ideal to cut to 10% bodyfat
>>
>>42286485
>>42286486
I want to reduce bodyfat tho
>>
>>42286427
Extended period of this will lower your metabolism by 500 calories a day, and when you stop you'll get fat or work harder in the gym. Cutting calories is a meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
>>
>>42286427
if you are 5'10 and 145 there is no way you are skinny fat
You should just bulk up and get ripped
>>
>>42286639
Eh, just go put on some muscle, you skinny fuck.
>>
Post pics to solidify our opinion
>>
>>42286679
You could have just said that you're too retarded to count calories
>>
>>42287357
>average

obv youre not from america
>>
I'll be honest, I was skinnyfat and bulked for a year.

Being built and also fat looks better than being skinnyfat or auschwitz, but that's hard to realize when you're skinnyfat because the idea of putting on more fat sounds awful.

What you have to realize is that it doesn't look like you do but worse when there's also muscle; everything starts to take shape because of the underlying muscle you're developing.
>>
>>42286536
It's 15%, which you probably already are.
>>
>>42287357
Every single thread
>>
>5'10
>145

you're skinny not skinnyfat retard. skinnyfat is like me who started off at 165 lbs at 5'9. do a lean bulk instead.
>>
>>42287783
Took the bait.
>>
>>42286427
u want to reduce bodyfat not lose weight.

so think about it like this. you're 145 pounds 20% bf .. that means you have say 80% muscle 20% fat (even though its total bullshit because theres bones and organs and what not, clearly your brain doesnt weigh too much but for simplicity sake lets call it muscle and fat).. so you want to reduce that BF percentage and you think losing weight is your best solution.. but.. instead of losing weight and probably maintaining that 20/80 proportion that u have which is stupid. you can just gain weight.. and make that muscle u gain muscle. like go on a lean bulk and do a proper program.

right now you have 116 pounds of muscle and 29 pounds of fat (lets pretend thats what u have anyway) .. if u gain 10 pounds 8 of them muscle and 2 fat (cause noob gainz) u will be at 124 muscle and 31 fat.. reducing ur body fat percentage to 124 .. ok I guess the math is saying youd still be at 20% .. but in reality it works..

my point is.. or was.. that u should.. lean bulk and gain muscle in order to reduce body fat by increasing ur muscle mass to fat ratio but the math example I did was horrible cause having 124 muscle to begin with and only gaining 8 isnt doing much but realistically speaking u probably have 20 pounds of fat and 20 pounds of muscle so when u increase by 2/8 u are losing bf. whatever u get my point . I did u a favor this is not reddit I am not redoing my post. fuck u go lean bulk good bye
>>
>>42288381
OK, I think I get it, I should lean bulk and gain enough muscle to raise my weight but lower the percentage of bodyfat. I'll look into some lean bulk regimens
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.