[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is up with restaurant portions in America? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 9unfFH5.gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
9unfFH5.gif
2MB, 1280x720px
What the fuck is up with restaurant portions in America? I've lost 17 lbs since April and I've come to the realization that if I am to continue losing at all, I basically need to not eat any restaurant food, period. Every fucking meal is like 2000 calories and it's not so bad to split it up into thirds throughout your day but the meals are never ever balanced and at the end of your day it feels like you haven't eaten shit.

I know, I know, I fucking know that I'm late to this. America is fat yada yada I fucking know. But holy shit. It's still kind of aggravating since my friends always want to go out for dinner and there is literally nothing on the menu less than 1000 fucking calories.
>>
>>42281665
Just don't eat it all at once and save some for later. It's not a social faux pas to get a box for your food.
>>
>>42281665
Do you eat every meal at a cheesecake factory? Plenty of restaurants have actual low calorie options lol

But yes, its generally better to prepare most of your meals at home. You can better control calorie and macro/micro intake if you track those.
>>
>>42281665

Large portions are generally a sign of a bad restaurant. maybe eat out less and go to fancy restaurants when you do.
>>
File: no.jpg (114KB, 811x811px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
114KB, 811x811px
>>42281665
>15 years old
>stop drinking soda for a school project on habit-forming
>barely drink soda so it's easy A

>fastforward to 2016
>late for dinner, go to Carl's Jr. for easy calories
>order medium drink
>it's huge
>"oh no, a medium please"
>"that is the medium"
>mfw
>>
>>42281665
congrats losing 17lb m80. if you know about a restaurant meal in advance then maybe you can budget for it by slightly reducing cals in the days around it
>>
>>42282280
yeah carls jr and jack in the box and a few other chains have like ~30 oz cups as their "medium"

it's fucked up

my entire goddamn life i would get one of those with sugared soda, drink the whole thing with my meal, and then get a refill to drink on the way home and i never thought there was anything wrong with it

i could have just been not fat instead of having to realize it myself and go through the tedious process of cutting for months-years
>>
>>42281665
Of course it depends on what you order. The nice thing about these restaurants is that the portions and ingredients are very tightly controlled, so you know what you're getting. You can't say the same about a non-chain restaurant.

If you're cutting, just look at the menu ahead of time and pick out something that meets your needs. I'll go to Olive Garden with my family, but I'll get a salad with grilled chicken in top. One bowl, with dressing and croutons, a bread stick, and a cup of minestrone soup and I'm around 800 calories.
>>
>>42282356
the fact that you are working on changing your body puts you ahead of most people, so congratulations anon. Nothing we can do about our upbringing now. But yeah, it's ridiculous how big portion sizes have gotten in the past 50 years, at least in America. It's one of those things that are dangerously easy to ignore.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.