[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Water Fasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Water-Fast-Week.jpg (31KB, 678x350px) Image search: [Google]
Water-Fast-Week.jpg
31KB, 678x350px
Is it a meme? I wanna get to 130lbs, currently at 145, and it seems like a fast (heh) way to get to where I wanna be. The experiences of people who have done it suggest that the 'u put it back on right after' thing is nonsense.

Also, how do you stick to a fast?
>>
You only put back on glycogen and water weight after, 5-10 pounds, you are primed for muscle growth after a fast.

I'm 10 days into a fast now, ezpz. Just have a pinch of salt a couple times a day, potassium salt and magnesium are good too.
>>
Goodbye to your muscles
>>
>>42279714
Educate yourself on fasting.
>>
>>42279714
Waaah a half ounce a day, oh no I might lose a precious pound of muscle after a month. Completely worth the 20-25 lbs of fat lost and time saved doing bullshit traditional cutting.
>>
>>42279750
Someone posted a study on a 2 week fasting. They lost 5% of their muscle mass. And that number could more than double if you double the time with fasting.

People who fast are lazy fucks. They dont realise losing weight and maintaining it takes change in habits and attitude. This is the exact reason why so many fad diets fail. Fasting is just another fad diet.

Everyone knows that a bigger caloric deficit means more muscle loss, which is why 500kcal deficit is the golden standard.
>>
>>42279750
And that "half an ounce a day" argument is based off of urine measurements.

The protein can be coming from anywhere. Autophagy which happens during periods of fasting is when cells break down dysfunctional and inefficient organelles. It's suspected that this is where most of the urea comes from in urine during fasting.

The latest body composition tests studying people fasting for extended periods of time shows no appreciable differentiation between starting lean mass and ending lean mass.
>>
>>42279563
You're supposed to cut everything except water, after a day or two take supps if you weren't already, most importantly iodised salt, mag and potassium so your heart doesn't go nuts, and vitamins for safety.

When you get truly hungry and want to end the fast you're supposed to ease yourself back into food, start with vegetables for a day or two, then vegetables with milk, then ease yourself back into meats and proteins, after a couple of days carbs.

Also some say that fasting for long periods of time fucks up your gut flora and your digestion will go haywire, if someone has any input on that pls contriboot.
>>
>>42279806
The idea that you need to "ease back into eating" is bullshit fear propaganda from people who read about re-feeding syndrome but don't understand it.

Re-feeding syndrome is where your body, after a re-feeding meal, goes into shock because of an electrolyte imbalance. something like 80% of cases were related to magnesium deficiency.

Imagine you're a cave man. It's cold. You're tucked away in your cave with your woman and two kids and the rest of the small tribe you live with. You're not aware that this is an ice age and there's only less than a thousand humans left on the planet. You've only just begun to leave permanent markings on the wall of your cave which will leave scientists in the far future scratching their heads trying to figure out what you did that for.

Suddenly after weeks of not having anything to eat a mammoth goes walking by and the tribe mobilizes with their spears and takes chase. You successfully take down the beast and the chief tears open the gut and rips out the liver handing it to you for landing the spear that brought it down.

You then hold up your hand and grunt a refusal to accept. You continue to grunt and explain that you haven't eaten in weeks and that you need to forage for vegetables to eat a few days, then find a nursing cow to suckle at for another day before you can accept the chief's gift and eat of the beast.

FUCK THAT.

You practically rip the liver fro his hands and ravenously bite into it and rip off a chunk to start chewing before handing it back to him as the rest of your tribe gathers around and starts eating furiously.
>>
>>42279935
You ease back so you don't go ham and binge anon, re expanding your stomach and regaining back what you're worked so hard to shed.

You ease back to teach your body that it's eating for sustenance not to fill itself up.
>>
>>42280150
>You ease back so you don't go ham and binge anon
Ok lets, have some math. You fast for 2 weeks. Let's asssume you're burning 2,000 calories a day. That's 28,000 calories. Let's assume you just absolutely SMASH the fuck out of a large pizza hut meat lovers pizza for 3,800 calories. You still have a net loss of 24,200 calories.
>regaining back what you're worked so hard to shed. it's going to be quite hard to binge 28000 calories.

>You ease back to teach your body that it's eating for sustenance not to fill itself up.
How about you actually study the metabolic effects of what the fast accomplishes.

Such as decreased hepatic load, the reduction of visceral fat leading to increased insulin sensitivity. The increased insulin sensitivity means decreased 24hour total insulin load. The decreased insulin load means the brain becomes re-sensitized to leptin. resensitization to leptin means a downreglation of the vagus nerve, the vagus nerve being down regulated means less hunger. Increased leptin response also means hightened CNS activity leading to increased metabolism and spontaneous energy expenditure through physical activity.

Every single one of the fat fucks I've put through the fasting regimen has binged on their re-feeding day. every single one of them falls into a food coma. Every single one of them wakes up. Every single one of them voluntarily fasts for a few more days and when asked why says they "just didn't feel like eating again because they weren't hungry.

And THAT is what fasting is about. Rediscovering your body's natural eating habits. To eat when hungry, eating to satiety, and then going through a period of fasting until hungry again.

I have found that a single two week fast for most fatties is more than enough to find that natural eating cycle. And as long as they don't go and start eating a bunch of carbs 7 times a day when they re-feed they generally keep to this natural rhythm. But once they carb it up that hourly hunger returns
>>
>>42279563
Lost like 7 kg by fasting for 24 hours three times per week over the course of 2 months without losing any strength or eating any differently on the non-fasting days. I always feel great on the fasting days as well.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.