[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ballet Actually Seems Really Fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: mcb-school-summer17-lgstory-1.jpg (275KB, 1170x630px) Image search: [Google]
mcb-school-summer17-lgstory-1.jpg
275KB, 1170x630px
OK so I'm not really sure this is a common topic here, but it's something that related to fitness.

Ballet actually seems rather enjoyable. It has various benefits of sports, artistic endeavors and classical music, all rolled into one.

If I were in high school and there were no stigma/stereotype against male dancers, I'd probably pick it as my sport. For one, it seems to provide a better physique; I like that 'thin yet muscular' thing, it's more real-world aesthetic than a bodybuilding roid physique. For another, you'd get to be around a lot of women all the time, as contrasted with team sports where it's sex segregated. For another, you perform to music, which is not the case in team sports.

But I never did sign up for ballet in high school and I probably wouldn't if I could go back now. The reason being despite its INHERENT virtues as a technical discipline (it encourages strength, speed and flexibility all at once in a way that few things do), its aesthetic really is just that fucking faggoty. The reason male dancers are stereotyped as gay is because a huge percentage of them are, and the reason so many are is because ballet's performance aesthetic really looks like it was created to appeal primarily to gay men.

The men are dressed to look as close to naked as possible and are wearing barely anything, while the women are dressed up so frilly and girly that it's almost comical. In short, both the male and female attire of the typical ballet looks like it was created by gays.

There's also just the general flamboyance of the stage area at some ballets. Not all of them, but a good few. All the different colored costumes, decorations, lights, etc, it reminds me of something from a queen album cover.

I guess what I'm saying is that ballet has some insane benefits as a physical discipline, but I can't explore it because the discipline was created for an artistic project obviously dominated by gays and meant to appeal to them.
>>
Or, consider, you could just get over your gay panic and actually enjoy yourself and feel strong as fuck. You don't have to perform on stage per se and dress up, just take some classes like the picture provided with plain color clothing.

I've seen ballets before and I've just honestly been in awe- not only do they have to use their full strength to carry and swing around girls gracefully- you look at their arms, their muscles and they're not shaking. They have to look like they aren't even struggling. Appeals to me much more than being sweaty, shaky and out of breath during sports.
>>
>>42279101
>calling the Western cultural heritage gay
fuck off you closet faggot. ballet is cool.
>>
>>42280685
>>42280708
This. You were something like a movie star if you were a famous ballet dancer in the past. It's fucking awesome.
>>
Who the fuck cares Jesus Christ. If you do it only for the exercise, no one else will see you in your skin-tight leotard except people who are already familiar with the medium, and they won't give a fuck.
>>
>>42279101
You'd be surrounded by gorgeous, fit women 100% of the time, and you might be in the minority as a hetero. I'm almost positive Hershlag's husband is a dancer seen briefly in Black Swan.
>>
>>42280685

Oh the physical rigor is unquestionably real, it's more demanding in terms of raw strength than any team sport I can think of. The girls themselves have a vicious skillset to master with that whole whole tiptoe ('pointe') thing, which the guys don't do.
>>
>>42281722
The chicks end up with really great legs and the guys end up strong, I guess its like being a male cheerleader, you are either really gay or really smart.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.