[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PPLPPL vs 3x Full boby?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 4ZEAB.jpg (48KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
4ZEAB.jpg
48KB, 640x400px
The two best routines in my opinion. Which one do you suggest for a natural and why? PPLPPL is more fun with less exercises per session, higher volume per bodypart BUT lower frequency and less rest days. 3x Full body workouts are exhausting, low volume per bodypart BUT higher frequency and more rest days? Which is one is better for strength, muscle gain or cutting?
>>
i think you confused PPL with UL
>>
>>42270510
You can get the same volume with full body, over the course of a week, and it has a higher fequency. You will also learn lifts faster.
>>
i do PPLPPL but skip the legs lol
>>
>>42270510
>Which one do you suggest for a natural and why?
What are your goals?
>PPLPPL is more fun with less exercises per session, higher volume per bodypart BUT lower frequency and less rest days
Some nitpicking here, but in order to have more volume in PPL compared to FB, you have to spend more time in the gym, not less. For example:
In FB, an example day is 5x5 squat, 5x5 bench and 3xf chin-ups. As far as pressing goes, you did 5x5 bench, maybe some cable pushdowns and that's it. You'd do something similar in the other 2 days so you have a picture of the weekly volume.
On PPL you'd do 5x5 bench, then 3x8 OHP, then 4x10 dips, then 3x12 Incline DB press superset with 3xf facepulls, then 3xf cable pushdown/chest flye/lat raise superset, and something similar the second day. That's a LOT more volume, but it's feasible because you didn't do 5x5 squats before so you don't want to kill yourself.
Of course doing twice the volume doesn't mean twice the gains, PPL is only marginally better due to diminishing returns.
>Which is one is better for strength, muscle gain or cutting?
>strength
FB hands down, no questions asked, if we (arbitrarily) define strength as "increasing 1rm in the powerlifts". To do so, you need frequent exposure to "learn" the moves better. 3/week is 1 more time than 2/week. Assuming a high specificity FB routine of course.
>Muscle gain
Eating right>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PPL(marginally)>FB
>cutting
Eating right>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PPL(marginally)>FB
>So what do?
If you want pure strength, FB
If you want efficiency, as in best return for least time spent in the gym, FB
If you want max aesthetic gains no matter the time cost, PPL
Additional input:
If you want a high frequency (3/week exposure to lifts) routine that disperses the volume over 6 days like PPL, google "N-suns 6 day 531"
It's basically ULULULx, with one UL pair low intensity, like recovery day in TM.
I HIGHLY recommend it
>>
I really appreciate the replies guys. Have a strong one.
>>
>>42271671
>It's basically ULULULx, with one UL pair low intensity, like recovery day in TM
no it's not, really good routine but if you don't keep on top of knowing when to deload you burn out so hard
>>
Can someone explain what all this PPLPPL stands for?
>>
Do people actually go 5-6x a week to the gym?

Wtf lmfao

Do you have any lives at all?
>>
File: 1495754422295.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495754422295.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
>>42272864
Gym is life nigger. Disguisting summerfags on this board REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>42272864
Dyel detected
>>
>>42272747
Well it still is a 531 so you should deload every 3-6 weeks. And it IS an ULULULx with two heavy UL pairs and a lighter one, I don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>42272831
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PPLPPL
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.