[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning to box online?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ippo.jpg (62KB, 750x1148px) Image search: [Google]
ippo.jpg
62KB, 750x1148px
Is it possible to learn to competently move and throw punches from just practicing what online tutorials tell you? I'd like to get a little better at fighting, and shadowboxing would be fun to add to the types of cardio shit I do.
>>
>>42257184
go to a gym, without sparring you will never learn to fight
>>
itd be like trying to get good at an online video game by playing the story mode

boxing is more about playing the opponent, learning how to react to his punches, and attacking back. you cant learn any of this from tutorials. the best you could do is get some good technique.
>>
>>42257184
There's no replacement for in person instruction when it comes to fighting.
>>
U can practice at home all you want, but without sparring ull be clueless on whaf to do if a situation actually happens
>>
Damn, sounds like I'll need to find gym money. Thanks for the help, brothers
>>
>>42257184
It can't hurt but it's just a supplement to the real thing.
>>
it's better than nothing. do it consistently and make sure to film yourself so you can adjust and improve your form.
>>
>>42257184
Nope. Shit idea. You won't learn to move your feet and body properly to throw punches until you get someone to spar/train with you and point out your mistakes. It could be something small like not lifting your elbow up properly when throwing a hook, overcompensating with your arm strength and not using your body for force, etc. Or it could be something more significant, like not developing the instinct to throw a punch/avoid shelling up when you get punches thrown to yor face.

Just join a good boxing gym or if youre in high school/college train with the boxing team. A competent gym won't go hard on newbies.
>>
>>42257184

you can learn the basic combinations online
just buy a sandbag and a pair of gloves
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.