[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: ChickenBones.jpg (39KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
ChickenBones.jpg
39KB, 620x350px
What should I do with these? Is bone broth a meme? Should I crack them open and suck out the marrow? Grind them up and snort them as a preworkout? Waste not, want not /fit/
>>
>>42252201
bump because this is fascinating
>>
>>42252201
I know nothing about this but joe rogan has said he eats bone broth every morning so I imagine both bone broth or eating the marrow are good options. I'd be interested to know the nutritional information for it
>>
File: gypaète.jpg (169KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
gypaète.jpg
169KB, 750x500px
>>42252201
why, yes
>>
you fucking idiots bone broth is made from beef or pork bones. Chicken is fucking disgusting.
>>
File: dontfeeltardy.jpg (80KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
dontfeeltardy.jpg
80KB, 600x400px
>>42252201

some dude at my gym showed me a tub of "bone broth" protein. company is called Ancient Nutrition... seems kind of bogus to me.

>we're not cavemen anymore
>>
Make a stock out of the bones, OP.
All you need are:
onions
carrots
celery
garlic
salt
>>
>>42252201
Bone broth is an amazing thing.

It's loaded with collagen and all sorts of minerals.

Personally I save every bone in the freezer until I have enough worth the effort to make a large batch. I spread them out on a baking sheet at 350f for 30 minutes and them dump them in the stock pot with sliced carrots, chopped celery, onion, minced garlic, chives, and a sprinkle of thyme, and some apple cider vinegar

I mostly have chicken and beef bones. Chicken bones you simmer for around 18 hours and beef bones I do for 36.

When it's done I portion it out into servings in the freezer as well as in ice cube trays. I put a couple of these in the dog's water bowl every day and ever since I started doing that her arthritic hip has improved significantly and her coat is the smoothest and silkiest it's ever been.
>>
>>42252201
No need to make broth, just put them in the freezer and dump them in the water next time you make a soup or rice or something for extra taste
>>
>>42253656
How do you think chicken soup used to be made before that hydrolized soy protein bouillon crap?
>>
>>42253956
You really need to simmer the bones for a long time to get all the good stuff out of them. you'll get some of the fat and surface material in your soup, bt you don't cook the soup long enough to leach out all the good stuff.

Your bones should come out of the broth feeling gummy and tender.
>>
File: 1495721595569.jpg (102KB, 971x576px) Image search: [Google]
1495721595569.jpg
102KB, 971x576px
>>42253878
>making meat glaze
>for your dog
>>
>>42254038
Why wouldn't I?

I love my dog. My dog has always been there for me and never turned her back on me. When I'm said she brings me her squeeky toys and tries to make me feel better. She's always happy to see me and wants to do whatever I want to do. She doesn't bitch about spending too much time at the lake or hiking. And we can sit and veg out for a few hours while I read a book without her trying to pick a fight.

In terms of my priorities It's my dog first, then me, and in a very distant third is everything else. When I fell on hard times and had $40 in the bank to last me a month I spent it on her premium dog food and didn't eat for three weeks.
>>
File: 1x12_Marta_Complex_(08).png (1MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1x12_Marta_Complex_(08).png
1MB, 1440x810px
>>42252201
throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you’ve got a stew going
>>
>>42254124
:3
>>
>>42254124
Dear diary
>>
>>42254124
You're a retard if you think starving yourself for premium dog food is anything more than an unhealthy obsession with your dog
>>
If you don't make the stock right away, do you clean all the meat off or do you guys just freeze it and keep it on?
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 350x203px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 350x203px
>>42254135
I think I want my money back
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.