[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those 25+ when did your metabolism start to slow down? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 7qos9HR_d.jpg (44KB, 500x500px)
7qos9HR_d.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
For those 25+ when did your metabolism start to slow down? I've always skated by mostly on my natural metabolism, I exercise 3 hours a week and eat decently but know I'm not super active. I used to eat like a pig when I was a kid and was underweight until 13, though I was much more active then. I'm 22 now and at 5'6 I just broke 140 for the first time in my life. Worried this is the beginning of my downhill slide.
>>
I managed to be a 120 lbs dyel until 19 despite consistently eating more than my 300 lbs mother and her husband combined while also chugging 1 liter of soda per day. This was also in spite of a sedentary lifestyle.

Sometime around 19-20 my metabolism went through the floor and I started gaining fat. At 23 I was a 220 lbs fatass at 5'10 when I decided to change my lifestyle.

Dropped soda, cut fast food, started running, hit the gym. Sitting at a cool 170 lbs right now at 25 yrs old. Always getting remarks from old family and friends about how much better I look with some muscle. Wife wants me to go into bearmode, but Im not sure how I feel about putting fat back on. Overall, feelsgoodman.

Just put some willpower in and change up your lifestyle. Take this as your body's warning now, because the more you slide, the harder it'll get.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 500x230px)
giphy.gif
1MB, 500x230px
>>42252078
>I managed to be a 120 lbs dyel until 19 despite consistently eating more than my 300 lbs mother and her husband combined while also chugging 1 liter of soda per day.
>>
>>42252078
Think trying to manage it with just diet would be OK? I'm pretty lean like I've got muscle but it's starting to go under a layer of fat especially in my stomach and pecs. I don't drink much soda, 3 cans a week pretty consistently and maybe 5-10 beers a week. My biggest thing is honestly milk. I fucking love milk, I drink 2 or 3 gallons a week. If I cut out the soda and cut down to maybe a gallon of milk a week that'd be like 3k calories less. I don't really have much time to exercise more at the moment or in the conceivable future as I'm working 40 hours a week on top of being a full time student.
>>
> Be 32 - 33 next month

I'm sure mine has slowed down somewhat. I have somewhat "fast" metabolism. My weight has been practically stable for years and years nearly imprevious to whatever I might be eating and such.

I've noticed that I peaked at around 165 as a Sprinter Athlete back in HS (2003). Afterwards, I went to RIT and I didn't stay too long in the athletics after my father died in an accident. My weight went down to 140-145 on pretty much a rountine basis.

It got up to 150-160ish when I was married and am recently divorced as of recent (last summer) and I've noticed that my weight would drop to 140ish.

Started SL little over two months ago and my weight has stabilized and climbed back up to 150.

In the end - it basically comes down to two things...

Diet
Level of Physical Activity

Nothing else is an excuse - period.
>>
>>42252015
Just hit 30, had a short spell (3-6 months of travelling and gorging, no training, then injuries due to immediately cutting and jumping into competition after travels etc) wherein I gained lots of weight and had a slightly harder time getting my weight back to its normal range. However it's back to what it used to be now, absolutely no signs of it slowing down at the moment. Once again I now drop weight like a brick if I don't pay attention.
>>
>>42252228
As long as you expend more than you consume, you will lose weight. That's the beauty of thermodynamics.

Honestly tho, I'd recommend at least trying to fit in something. Even if it's just going for a 30 min run, doing push ups, swinging through the uni gym for some quick squats or bench... every little bit helps. You'll drop the weight faster and look better for it.
>>
>>42252015
>5'6
>beginning of my downhill slide

kek me ousside
>>
>>42252363
I already do 3 hours a week? Or are you saying /fit/ in another 30 minute run?
>>42252410
My sides. A short joke... on 4chan? Who'da thunk.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.