[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be a "big guy"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: original-19466-1463562112-2.jpg (24KB, 625x372px) Image search: [Google]
original-19466-1463562112-2.jpg
24KB, 625x372px
How can I be a "big guy" like pic related? I don't mean being a complete fatass, and I don't mean being very muscely (Zyzz--esque). I want to be "big" and "beefy". Right now I am

>20 years old
>5'11"
>~240 pounds
>~30.3 BMI (gained a lot of weight since I last checked so probably higher)
>never exercised a day in my life

I assume the key is some combination of fat and muscle. The thing is (obviously I know nothing about fitness) pic related looks very different to a fit muscled person like Zyzz, and obviously possesses strength that the average fatass doesn't have.

>Inb4 put on a mask and crash a plane
>>
>>42251257
5000 kcal daily
Either N-suns 6 day program or building the monolith
Enjoy
>>
>>42251257
>be 6' 2" or above
>lift really heavy stuff and put it down for at least 4 years, use steroids to speed up the process
>eat everything
>>
>>42251257
well first of all if you want to look like hafthor you're gonna need steroids. however, if you want to remain natural and still look juicy, hop on starting strength or stronglifts and eat 3000-3500 calories/day, making sure to eat 1g protein per pound of bodyweight. once strength gains have stopped there, move on to some variation of 5/3/1. triumvirate and BBB are good options. once that's done you should look pretty juicy. don't forget to throw in some sprints so you're not too fat. jonnie candito has a good video on sprints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llcRZT7nlBM
>>
>>42251257
People are gonna tell you different shit but the primary factors are time and consistency by far
As in at least 4 years of discipline for a sikk physique
>>
File: 1493261109001.jpg (28KB, 375x282px) Image search: [Google]
1493261109001.jpg
28KB, 375x282px
>>42251257
>How can I be a "big guy"
>5'11
anon, I...
>>
>>42251316
Obviously growing height-wise is not an option, so I meant more in terms of growing sideways.
>>
>>42251287
op is already a fat fuck. if you want to get big do heavy compounds and high volume isolation and accessory work.
you should eat at a slight caloric deficit till 190lbs at that point your body comp should be around 15-17% bf
>>
>>42251257
You have to lift for like 4-5 years and you may start to look like a big guy
>>
>>42251257
Don't listen to the fucks saying cut. Eat at maintenance at just start lifting really heavy shit. Since you've never exercised a day in your life start off with something like SS or SL. Once you don't make gains on that anymore swap to an intermediate program that focuses on heavy ass compound lifts. 5/3/1 is great, but even something like Sheiko is amazing.

However, if you really want to get big like that you need to train like a strongman. You can't really train like that in a normal gym and it's something you do 5 days a week. But that's something you start doing after you know your shit and you don't just jump into it.

If you aren't going to do steroids like Halfthor did it will probably take you a decade to be "big" and you will have to eat a shitload. Will probably be 3-4 years before you even start to look big. People who suggest you cut first though are giving up long-term gains for short term aesthetics.
>>
>>42251418
What does cutting mean?
>>
>>42251431
This screams "I HAVEN'T READ THE STICKY"
Read it then come back
Cutting means losing fat
>>
>>42251418
>Don't listen to the fucks saying cut
hes 240lbs at 5'11 and does no physical activity. he needs to cut to a healthy bodyfat. if you are natty your bodyfat should never exceed 18%, op is probably around +35%. you also dont need to do strongman lifting to get big like Halfthor
>>
>>42251459
Cutting to a healthy body fat will happen naturally as he progresses on the lifts and he recomps. Not only that but cutting will actively reduce the amount he can lift and slow his progress on the goal of getting big. If his goal is to look good then yes, he should probably cut first but if his goal is to just get big it's way more efficient to just convert what he already has rather than cut and bulk.

I guarantee if he lifts at maintenance rather cutting he could be 4/3/2/1 within 1 year and if he cuts he will add at least another 6 months maybe even a whole year to that.

He should either do maintenance or a tiny cut (like 200 calories a day).
>>
>>42251459
>you also dont need to do strongman lifting to get big like Halfthor

Disagree entirely. There is a very specific strongman look that is very different from a powerlifter or an oly lifter or a body builder. Strongman training produces a very specific look of huge traps, huge forearms compared to biceps, wide trunk, smaller lats, thicker neck.
>>
>>42251508
Forgive my ignorance, but why would cutting (getting rid of fat) inhibit the amount I can lift? Wouldn't it take some of the load off without otherwise affecting my muscle mass?
>>
>>42251508
hes never going to be 240lbs below 20%bf even after 4 years of training so eating at maintenance is dumb
>4/3/2/1 within 1 year
if you mean DL/SQ/BP/OHP that should be easy for anyone over 180lbs, being 240lbs is ridiculous and unnecessary. OPs first year of training should be focused on getting down to under 17% (at least) and then slowly increasing weight staying between 12% to 18%bf.
>>
>>42251257
Drink all your Capri-Suns.
>>
>>42251528
>There is a very specific strongman look
Yes
>that is very different from a powerlifter or an oly lifter
Not high weight class ones
> or a body builder
Yes
>Strongman training produces a very specific look of huge traps, huge forearms
Yes
>compared to biceps
No, you have body dysmorphia
>wide trunk
No, that's either an illusion due to high fat or simply a case of the sport selecting wide hip individuals because it requires a lot of hip dominant movements rather than the sport altering your pelvic structure, which is literally impossible
>smaller lats
Same as above, it looks like they have small lats because they have no V taper. Carry a heavy keg for distance and tell me you didn't feel it in your lats
>thicker neck.
Yes

Conclusion: you are new, have no idea what you are talking about and should probably stop posting for a year or two.
All the appearance requirements to "look" like a strongman can be obtained by even a minimal program like PTTP
>>
>arguing over how to be a big guy for a fat OP who hasn't even read the sticky or lifted a day in his life
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.