[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is warrior diet a meme? Is intermittent fasting in general a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: war.jpg (115KB, 830x467px) Image search: [Google]
war.jpg
115KB, 830x467px
Is warrior diet a meme?
Is intermittent fasting in general a meme?
Mostly interested in losing weight.
>>
yes. the reason men use to be stornger had nothing to do with there diet, its because they worked all fucking day. even modern construction workers look better than most people who go to the gym and they are doing all the work in fucking machines, imagine 1000 years ago when they did everything by hand. they were fucking animals
>>
Warrior diet sounds like it's something used by fuckwits.

I do intermittent fasting, not because it ramps up your metabolism, but because it's easier to eat within caloric constraints if you only allow yourself to eat within a ten-hour window.

Keto is pretty sweet if you can go without carbs (once again, you will lose the same amount of weight if you have a 1000cal/day deficit on keto or eating normally), but I lost almost all of my weight through roughly tracking + overestimating calories and using just plain CICO.

Just calculate your TDEE and shoot for 1000 below that with cardio and the fat will melt off if you're disciplined.
>>
>>42250696
Might be a meme but it's a good way to stay in a deficit. I do one meal a day and am down from 195 to 190 in about 10 days.
>>
>>42250720
My problem is discipline, and I've been wanting to try it out. I run a few times a week but I'm gonna ramp it up to hopefully every day eventually. And like you say it's easier to hold to your planned caloric intake if you have a window of time you allow yourself to eat. The warrior diet is just that, only with a four hour window a day.
>>
>>42250746
>
Keep in mind I haven't look it up, I just don't like the name.

Discipline is a skill you can learn, and a little of it goes a long way... as each month goes on you will have more and more discipline, and your new routine and hunger will be just your new normal. You have to work for it, but it will get a lot easier and your life will flourish because of it, and not just in lifting.
>>
>>42250850
Thanks, that actually helps. I've been working, but also been failing a few days. But I've been losing weight overall. I'm already pretty muscular from military+some lifting, just tired of being a fat fuck.
>>
>>42250696
I tried warrior for approximately six weeks in 2014.

It does work, however did note that anything beyond cardio as exercise was a shit experience.

One positive aspect was the omission of sugar really did reset my tastebuds, shit will taste ultra sweet after about three weeks of this caper.

In summary, I think there's more sensible ways to cut. Also the founder of said diet is an utter moron and it's not backed by any science except for, "this is what the roman soldiers did."
>>
>>42250929
Yeah I'm taking this whole thing with a grain of salt, I don't think I'll be following it to a T, aka I might give myself a 6 hour eating period or something and some leeway in the types of foods he suggests. The main thing that intrigues me is the fasting aspect of it.

At the moment I do mostly cardio, but I try to go to the gym once a week for strength. I'm gonna try to time my gym workouts so I eat right after but I can see how lifting on this can be shitty.
>>
How to organize it for a wageslave who does 4 1.5 hour workouts a week after 8 hours of sedentary work? I don't wanna sacrifice breakfasts. Break fasts, lol.
>>
>>42252166
You don't eat breakfast. You basically just eat your food within the span of 4 hours, preferably in the evening. You can still drink coffee (black, no sugar), have some fruit or natural, unsweetened yoghurt outside of your eating period.
>>
>>42252263
so it's intermittent fasting yeah it works
>>
>>42252263

How are the energy levels during the day?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.