[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back Problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ME.png (7KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ME.png
7KB, 512x512px
Hey /fit/ I've gotten myself into a shitty situation. I recently suffered a compression fracture from a bad fall I had mountain biking, and the doctor said I can take anywhere from 1-3 months just to start feeling good, and even longer to start lifting again.

Now my gains are going to shit, and all the weight I loss is coming back on from fucking laying here all day doped up and eating and feeling sorry for myself.

I was just hoping someone here went through something similar or had any advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Will I ever be able to lift my normal weight again without injuring myself more?

Even worse I heard it makes you shorter and I was already only 6'0, so this is gonna drop me into official 5'10 range of manlet status..
Should I just end it all now? The only thing that made me happy was working out and now I cant do shit for what feels like forever.
>>
Had stress fractures in my lower spine when I was younger, some days felt like my spine was being separated with a shovel.

Take time coming back to lifting. Ask for a recc for a physical therapist and at what point you should start going. They'll have some sort of light exercise if anything, to help.

Lifting normally again depends on how well you treat your body and if you take the appropriate a mount of time to let it heal.

As for weight, stop.eating like a retard. Weight loss is 90%diet.

Accept the consequences of dangerous life choices. Active sports are fun but have a high percent of injuries.

For reference, did therapy for the spine at 17, didnt really train squat or deads around that age, because I was always told I'd never be able to deadlift or squat but I can do 405 for 2 and 335 for 1 after a few years training at 22.
>>
>>42250268
And I forgot to take my fucking name off from k because I'm half asleep. Fan fucking tactic.
>>
Ever since I bulged my disc I've lost 35 lbs in the past year. Trust me when I say it will get better but it takes time. And don't research stuff about It and worry stress really does make it worse.
>>
Had the same thing happen to me a couple years ago. Took around 3 months to start lifting again, and I probably went back into it too heavy too fast. Doesn't take long to get back up to your normal lifts tho, and I lift more now than I did before my accident. Follow the previous advice and go to a physical therapist and take your time getting back into it.
>>
I had 18 compression fractures due to osteoporosis. The pain never fully goes away - it just becomes dull and depressing like the rest of my life.
>>
>>42251497

Thank god I have a home gym. I was doing my daily squats with a comfortable weight.
I started a light warmup set of 20kg plates then moved onto my working weight. I came down to the bottom and felt something go, it wasn't muscle pain at all and I had to let the weight hit the safety’s.
I was stressing out after I let the weight drop as I couldn't fucking move properly. Think I've pulled a muscle or tendon.

FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCC
I hope It’s muscle related, this happened about 30 minutes ago
>>
>>42250268
Thanks for the input, I'm going to go back to my usual diet today so hopefully the weight will come back off, just sucks having to regain all the lifting weight I worked up to.

I wasn't going to try physical therapy but your post made me say fuck it so i'm scheduling an appointment today, at the very least it will hopefully help me tie my shoes again or something without looking like an autist.

Glad you're doing well on you deads, keep at it man!
>>
>>42251497
Fuck man that is shitty, sorry you have to deal with some bullshit like that.

And fuck at least ill have something to easily compare my life to so people will leave me alone when I tell them I feel like shit
>>
>>42253515
Holy shit m8 thankfully you were smart enough to not only set the safety's but use them properly.

If you have good insurance a check up for an X-ray and possibly an MRI if the pain worsens or persist wouldn't hurt just to make sure everything is good to go.

More than likely your fine and your body just tried to fuck you over.
>>
File: 1416601376125.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1416601376125.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
>>42254651

I'm 80% sure it's muscle related but If it persists for a couple of days I'll definatly take your advice.
The pain is mostly on one side of the body so I doubt I've fucked by back up. It is fucking scary when you can't walk thou, that initial panic isn't fun.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.