[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 43

File: qtddtot.jpg (100KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
qtddtot.jpg
100KB, 999x624px
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread - Thread

I'm currently doing a program similar to SS, I'm going to switch to 531 some time in mid to late september.
For 531, I need to know my 1RM, so I need to test that before then.
How do I best prepare for that?
Do I just keep doing 3x5 until the week I test?
Or should I rather do some triples/doubles/singles for a few weeks to get used to the heavier loads/lower reps?
Maybe a light week before testing to recover?
>>
File: IMG_4618.jpg (64KB, 439x728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4618.jpg
64KB, 439x728px
I'm wondering if I should start 5x5 because I've been on a brosplit for a year now. What I don't like about 5x5 is the fact that the program doesn't isolate bis, tris, calves, etc. I'll miss the preacher curls and the tricep pushdowns... What do you think? Will I be able to develop these muscles on 5x5?
>>
>>42241935
http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

>>42242555
>>42242538
>>
>>42242581
I know I can calculate my theoretical 1RM, but that's not what I want.
>>
>>42241935
if you plan on doing 531 for a year, your 1rm doesn't have to be exact. 531 is all about auto-regulation

ever heard of gslp btw? it's also for intermediate

>>42242555
I'd add 2x10-12 curls on deadlift days and 2x10-12 pushdowns on fridays if I wanted to do sl
>>
>>42242732
Hm. I guess. I think I'll still do some 5x3 or 3x3 for a few weeks, lower rep-maxes=higher accuracy.
>531
>auto-regulation
not really. The progression doesn't change, no matter how I perform.
>>
>>42242838
>The progression doesn't change, no matter how I perform.
yes it does
>>
I plan on training legs with cycling on a single speed bike, gonna master hills and then progressively add weights into a rucksack, how much distance should I be doing? Should I just find a big ass hill and go up it a couple times? I wanna try to replicate 5x5 squats. Or is this idea completely retarded? The gyms around me are complete shit (south east london)
>>
>>42242991
You´ll get big leags, yeah, but if you want stong legs then you should be doing your squats
>>
>>42243023
>leags
legs* obviously
>>
>>42242901
It's been a while since I read the books, but I can't remember anything about auto-regulation.
I know AMRAPs are a good tool for that, but in 531 they're just used to measure progress, not to regulate it.
I guess you could say the PR sets themselves and the Joker sets from Beyond are "auto-regulation" as you do as much as you can that day, but they don't change they way the progression works.
The Training Max increases by 5/10 pounds every cycle, that's it.
>>
>>42243023
Will strength not come with big legs?
I plan on doing weighted dips and pull ups for upper body aswell, wanna start rock climbing too
>>
>>42243090
and you're gonna deload every X months 10%
and X depends on the exercise, your motivation, lifestyle, strength level,...
>>
>>42243137
Not necessarily
https://youtu.be/JFZWM-_JNhQ?t=360
Strength and size don't necessarily corelate
>>
>>42243194
Jump to 6:00 or so BTW
>>
>>42241935
so what exactly causes you to lose muscle? i just canceled my PT, but im still going to go to the gym.
I just dont remember all the exercises, weight numbers and machines he usually makes me do, if i keep working out and use lower weights/miss a few workouts on my own am i going to lose all my gains?
>>
>>42243160
"deload when you stall" is auto-regulation now?

Also, the latest progression system is "5 forward/3 back", increasing TM for 5 cycles, then reducing it back to where it was 3 cycles earlier.
(eg. 100>110>120>130>140>150>120>130>140>150>160>170>140 etc)
>>
>>42243211
read the sticky and cry about the money you wasted on a PT
>>
I've been thinking about adding some heavy bag boxing on cardio days. Would this over-train my arms and not give them enough time to recover if I do them in between days of lifting?
>>
>>42241935
How do you all cook your eggs?
>>
>>42243246
scrambled
>heat pan
>add oil/butter
>set to medium heat
>crack eggs into pan
>scramble
>add salt&pepper
>cook until yolk still slightly liquid
>serve

hard-boiled
>poke hole into bottom
>put in warm water
>bring to boil
>set timer for 12 minutes
>set to medium-low heat
>turn off stove after time's up
>let them sit for random period of time
>rinse off with cold water
>mark with "H" for hard-boiled
>put in fridge
>eat whenever

fried
>heat pan
>add oil/butter
>set to medium heat
>crack egg into pan
>add salt&pepper
>cook until yolk still slightly liquid
>serve

rarely do soft-boiled, basically same as hard-boiled just for less time. Would have to look up for how long.
>>
>>42243236
No, and it wasn't a waste it got me going to the gym.
>>
I'm 5'6 154lbs

Should I be cutting or bulking? I was planning to do keto for cut but if I need to bulk I will need to figure out a better diet for a bulk
>>
What can I do to stop my knee from bothering me?

My left knee doesnt hurt but its still a feeling that bothers me and I dont have the same feeling in my right knee.
Even when im walking I can sometimes feel it. I also feel it when squatting, deadlifting and even when standing up from a bench to rerack dumbbells.

Are there some exercises I can do to strengthen my knee?
>>
>>42243367
Depends on how fat/weak you are.
If you're fat, cut.
If you're weak, bulk.
If you're both, don't worry too much about the bulking vs. cutting question and just lift.
>>
>>42243367
Are you new to lifting? If so, just stay at maintanance calories

>>42243401
See a doctor or physical therapist. If you want to train legs still then exercises like Bulgarian split squats and reverse lunges might help, since the ankle of your knee doesn't go below 90 degrees
>>
File: IMG_1516.png (586KB, 471x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1516.png
586KB, 471x470px
This might be a very far fetch, but can any anon be kindly enough to share the actual GSLP book?

Thank you.
>>
What's a good way to train to a muscle up? I can currently do about 8 pull ups and 10 chin ups.

Am I still too weak to even bother progressing towards a muscle up?
>>
>>42243601
Practice doing muscle ups
>>
Where is a good place to start if I want to look into TRT?
>>
Why is everyone her so fucking dumb. Why is every skinny kid here doing SS to build muscle. Why do you guys ask so many questions. Just fucking lift.
>>
>>42243448
Yes I am new to lifting and wasn't sure what would be necessary
>>42243427
I feel fat but look like I might to bulk. Kinda new to this
>>
File: JUST.png (128KB, 342x128px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
128KB, 342x128px
>>42243236
>>42243359
ok fuck you, i checked all the sticky links, i see it says you need to maintain a lifting routine, and eat sufficient protein and all that bullshit, but nothing about lower weights potentially making you weaker, it doesnt touch on that at all.
So does lifting lower weights then usual still make you lose muscle?
You stupid faggots need to get that dick out of your ass and actually start answering questions, doubt you even knew anything was in there at all.
>>
>>42243716
If you're new then not much is necessary aside from just lifting a eathing somewhat healthy. I'd suggest you find out your TDEE and eat accordingly based on your maintanance calorie needs
>>
>>42243734
no. lifting lighter weights doesn't make you lose muscle. If it's low enough below your threshhold your muscle will start to go away simply due to not being used enough.
>>
>>42243761
Thank you.
>>
>>42243716
Just eat like you normally would. Well, unless your diet is just fast food and soda.
But as a novice, your body is going to change a lot pretty fast, you'll build muscle and lose fat no matter how you eat, worrying about bulk/cut is just another factor that would complicate things.

>>42243734
No, lower weights don't make you lose muscle. You lose muscle when you lose weight.
You'd have to lift very very very little weight for very very very few reps to be doing "not enough" to maintain your muscle.
>>
>>42243773
>>42243775
>>
How to stop myself from going below parallel with lowbar squats?
Is upper back rounding ok with heavy DLs?
>>
>>42243815

Go slower
Not excessive rounding no
>>
Would boxing (punching a bag) for 10 minutes after my workout benefit me at all cardio wise?
>>
>>42243622

How to when I cant even do one
>>
>>42243775
>>42243743
My tdee comes to 2056 for maintenance and 1556 for loss
>>
Should I count calories in the coffee I drink
>>
Should I get a multivitamin? Will it possibly help my recovery or make sure that I'm not deficient in anything? Or are they a meme?
>>
File: 1498139653031.jpg (56KB, 564x902px) Image search: [Google]
1498139653031.jpg
56KB, 564x902px
Why does my gooch hurt when I get a boner?
>>
>>42243975
>500 deficit for loss
That's too much unless you're a real fatass.
Maintenance is fine for now. Start lifting and come back in a few months and reassess your situation then.

>>42244050
If you drink coffee that has calories, you should rethink your life decisions. Drink black coffee, no milk no sugar and you can safely ignore it. If you absolutely need to have your starbucks vanilla cinnamon cream latte, yeah, you should count those calories.

>>42244182
Unless you eat no fruits and vegetables at all, they're not really worth it.
>>
>>42244446
>500 too much
Okay. I just figured since I'm not as active besides work I would need that deficit.
>>
If I'm doing intermittent fasting and I take Casein right at the end of my consumption period, should I add on more hours of fasting?

I read that it takes longer to digest so I'm wondering if it will eat into my fasting time long after I consume it.
>>
>>42244611
Nope, a deficit should be small, no matter your activity.
The more active you are, the more you can eat while still keeping the same deficit.
>>
Dips fuck up my right shoulder. OHP doesn't . Bench doesn't. Just fucking dips man. Left shoulder is fine. I've not touched any shoulder intensive lifts for about two weeks.
First, dip form advice?
Second, should I stop doing any excersises with my arms altogether?
>>
I'm a fatty who finally wants to lose weight.

Can I get a good body using a rowing machine exclusively? No lifting. Only diet and rowing.

My definition of a good body: Slim but not skinny fat. So firm and slim. I don't expect to be shredded just with rowing.
>>
Should I put chocolate protein powder into my cocoa puffs milk?
>>
My legs comprise like 65% of my length. Should I be aiming to get thicc legs, or keep them relatively small in order to get some symmetry?
Also there was a trip who also had longer legs than his torso and he looked great. Does anyone remember his name/have pictures?
>>
>>42244722
>Can I get a good body using a rowing machine exclusively?
no.
>>
sore in lower back after low bar squats, poor form or is it normal
>>
>>42244758
So i'll end up skinny fat?
Did u see my definition of a 'good' body?
>>
>>42244687
no need for dips
>>
Anyone on here have a cat? I think I want a cat
>>
File: IMG_0518.png (490KB, 3256x1154px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0518.png
490KB, 3256x1154px
I'm 18 and doing a lean bulk atm.

I've eaten 2700 calories already and 19:30 here and I'm hungry.

Would it be bad to eat 3k cals?

I'm 76kg and a former fatty.

Do I just have super fast metabolism or what?
>>
Is it possible to get rid of or fade stretch marks? If so, how?
>>
>>42244677
I guess 1700 or 1800 would be better than 1500 aside from maintenance I guess?
>>
>>42244894
There are some creams meant for scars in the pharmacy, those are used for stretch marks as well. Most of them might have a mention of preggo wimyn as they have the problem every time.
>>
>>42244929
yes.
>>
>>42244816
Mine's 19 yo and shes great. I love cats. Only get one if youre a good person.
>>
>>42241935
5'2 male, 152 lb down from 167, goal weight is around 120. my tdee is around 1900 and i'm eating about 1400 a day.

will lifting weights while i'm losing weight benefit me? will i get any gains while eating at this deficit?
>>
>>42244992
My girlfriend in college had 2 cats and I loved them. Female cats are good with dudes, right? I just want a friend desu, all my people friends suck ass.
>>
>>42244984
Alright I appreciate it man. I've been doing the 1500 for awhile and it's been working but I noticed I would have eating binges on occasions
>>
Yekwjt
>>
>>42244793
i did. Using one machine is going to help one part of your body. You will end up skinny fat.

Besides, why not lift? You have 0 reason not to.
>>
Is cutting required a 500 Cal deficit?
>>
>>42245386
cutting is literally just less calories than you eat. You shouldn't go above an 1000 deficit if you're a fatty, should be under 750 if you're not fat.
>>
>>42245469
Cause I was at 1400 to 1500 but I figured that it might be way too much since I'm not a fatty just skinny fat
>>
Finally got on a routine and not giving up after a couple of days. Downloaded myfitnesspal to track my eating. Is it really that important to get enough shit like potassium etc.
>>
>>42245621
Unless your diet is extremely simplistic like only eating potatoes you're probably gonna get enough variety of micronutrients that you can ignore them, especially if you're nowhere near advanced/elite level.

Only really worth bothering with if you're suffering from a deficiency
>>
>>42244722
you can get a skinny body just eating less, you cant get a good body only doing rowing, youd have good shoulders that make the rest of your body look like shit.
>>
>>42245568
A 1000+ deficit will put you in Survival Mode, which will make your body retain as much fat as possible. You're basically starving at this point, which will be bad for your health and will go against the purpose of losing fat tissue.
>>
>>42245654
Im eating some boiled eggs, cereal with a banana in the morning then a salad of random veggies in the afternoon, snacking on raisins and peanuts throughout the day, 1 yoghurt protein drink and a protein bar and in the evening chicken with rice
>>
>day shift
>have to go up at 4am, go to bed at 7/8
>even with blinds my sleep quality is shit for some reason
>wake up repeatedly through the night, roll around way too much
>feel like shit and the sleep affects my workouts

>night shift
>have to lift before work
>walking around all day doing mild physical work after lifting fucks with my recovery
>feel sore as shit all week
>my workouts and recovery suffer

>only once get to eat during 8h shift

I fucking hate working. Every summer has been like this since I started lifting. I can't make any progress when I've got a job because I can't sleep the way I want, can't relax after workouts when I want, can't fucking eat when I want. How the shit am I supposed to make gains after graduating if I'm struggling this much now?

How do you guys do it?
>>
>>42245568
>>42245668
can confirm 21 M here, ate 800 cals a day and lost 90 pounds in 6 months (245 to 155). it didnt slow my weight loss but i got a dick ton of loose skin and i wasnt even THAT fat. a good bit under 12% bodyfat and no sign of abs because of it.
>>
>>42241935
I started working out again and got some pretty bad doms on my triceps. It's chest/tris day again and i can't even do a pushup even though i dont have the doms as bad i just feel weak as fuck.
>>
If I have as much time in the world as a beginner would a 6 day PPL be better than a 3 day Full Body (i.e. most 'beginner' programs) to build muscle/size faster?

Also I'm skinnyfat 145lbs @ 5'6. Should I maintain until the fat is gone or should I bulk/cut?
>>
Is it a good idea to go running on rest days?
>>
>>42246041
I've heard that light running / walking on rest days will improve recovery because it increases blood flow throughout the body without exerting it.

You should definitely read up on this and not take my advice by itself. I think it's called 'Active Recovery'.
>>
Am I supposed to add the barbell weight to my numbers?
>>
>>42246418
Yes. The barbell generally weighs 20kg/45lbs. So if you put a 20kg plate on each side you're lifting 60kg.
>>
Are there any exercises that help 'refresh' the mental connection with the muscles used for keeping your chest up in squats? Similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrpbWWKWKIU for lat activation in DL? Collapsing my chest/thoracic spine has been a postural habit my whole life and I have a hard time mentally singling out the actual physical action for keeping your chest up when I'm at the bottom of the squat. I had no idea I was collapsing so much until I filmed myself after losing balance forward a couple times
>>
>>42245754
>I fucking hate working.
>How do you guys do it?

By not having a vagina.
>>
>>42244878
Same here, I'm eating at 17X my weight in pounds as calories and compensating for any extra cardio, but I still feel like I'm starving throughout the day.
Is this a sign I need to eat more or should I fight it?
>>
File: 1484948879254.jpg (67KB, 999x990px) Image search: [Google]
1484948879254.jpg
67KB, 999x990px
http://www.gymgrossisten.com/off-the-hook-525-g
Does this look like a good PWO based on its contents? (The contents are listed on INNEHĂ…LL)
>>
trainig traps 3x a week, shrugs and perhaps facepull, ay or nay?
>>
Do I still need to take Creatine if it's in my pre-workout? 3g of creatine gluconate
>>
Where do you guys get your drinking water from? I've been using big gallons for years.
>>
>>42246769
I have no idea anon
>>
I've been autistically tracking macros for 11 months now, I'm a skele still at 6' and 150.5lbs the last time I weighed myself(which was last monday) should I stop tracking macros completely, guesstimate, continue tracking or try out not tracking for a week and see?
>>
>>42247244
I've always been drinking tap water
>>
Does working obliques actually help with hourglass shape? Im 5'10 190 lbs so I know it's mostly due to fat on my hips at this point, but I want to do my best at losing this look when I drop 20 lbs or so
>>
Is there a way to tell if you would have abs after a cut? May seem like a dumb question
>>
>>42245754
get a better job. Not even being sarcastic, I was the same way. I'm assuming you are at a grocery or some sort of department store? Those are dead-end minimum wage jobs and you're going to be doing the exact same shit 10 years from now without a raise. get the fuck out of there, go to a profession you're good at.
>>
So I picked up some grenade thermo detonators on Amazon. I heard somethings about them etc.

But silly question how do you take it?
Like swallow the capsule or open it and eat it?
>>
I can't understand the abreviations used in this board. stuff like 1pl208, 2pl2017, 1/2/3/4/5, 5x5, BD, SS, among many others. That stuff isn't the sticky. Can someone please explain that? Thanks.
>>
>>42247895
>1pl208, 2pl2017
no idea really, sounds like mashed memes
>1/2/3/4/5
usually it's just 1/2/3/4 dunno what that /5 means. it means OHP/Bench/Squat/Deadlift and the number refers to the number of plates (the 45lbs or 20kg ones) they have on the barbell (which is 45lbs/20kg itself). they are measures of strength, kind of like a bench mark for once you have made it.
DB is dumb bell, as opposed to BB which is barbell.
SS is a meme, that is all you need to know. unless you aren't stupid and realize SS is a meme is a meme. which may also be a meme. Mark works in mysterious ways.

generally, just lurk and you will realize what things are simply out of context. reading memes and shorthand is the same as reading anything else. if you know the surrounding words and topic at hand, you should be able to figure out what those letters mean.
>>
>>42247893
hahaha you stupid faggot

>>42247847
you'll see them.

>>42247727
Grill? Or guy? No matter what, losing weight will slowly chip away at love handles.

>>42247334
Whats your end goal? Just to track macros?

>>42247934
>unless you aren't stupid and realize SS is a meme is a meme. which may also be a meme.

don't listen to this memer
>>
File: 1498378202794.jpg (4MB, 6824x5496px) Image search: [Google]
1498378202794.jpg
4MB, 6824x5496px
Is Lotus really natty?
>>
What's a good texas method app on android. They all seem fucked.
>>
Should I be feeling a sort of sore/pain when I do deadlifts on my spinal erectors? I figured out that was what I was feeling specifically after my deadlifts. It's similar pain/sore to when I do rows and I straighten up after them. I don't think I'm rounding my back but plan on recording myself next time. I'm not doing heavy deadlifts because I feel like I'm doing something wrong at relatively low weight and not sure if this pain is normal, feels like I'm lifting with my spinal erectors mainly/only most of the time
>>
>>42247895
>>42248043
>SQ, BP, DL
I can't understand. Also, how do I start doing push ups? I can't do a single one. 80Kg, 1,80cm.
>>
>>42248043
>tfw live in the same city as lotus
>still havent seen him biking around down by the river
o-one day
>>
Is eating whey with hot oats okay? I cook my oats on the stove, then dumb a scoop of whey over it when it's done and mix it with a spoon, is that okay? or would it be better to drink the whey?
>>
I only have dumbells at my disposition and have been doing this program for a week now: http://www.building-muscle101.com/dumbbell-workout-routine.html is it legit? is it normal that the soreness only gets worse and doesn't go away? should I stop doing it until I no longer feel sore? is it maybe bad form? any tips at all?
>>
i was planning to do
Monday: Chest & Shoulders
Tuesday: Back, biceps, triceps
Wednesday: legs
and repeat the same routine for the rest of the week
but the trainer told me that routine is not going to work, is he right?
>>
>>42248364
just do SS. Ignore idiot PT's at the gym 99% of them don't have any certification.

>>42248218
Attempt to join a gym. what you describe is DOMS, it'll go away after 2 weeks or so of working out.
>>
>>42248383
i already have big hips so i dont want to unlock t-rex mode, but is my routine ok?
>>
How many calories is coffee with heavy cream?
>>
>>42248396
You're not going to "unlock t-rex mode" unless you actually try to. SS exists for a reason and it's for idiots like you who attempt a split despite not knowing the basics. Doing SS is faster, leads to more strength quicker, and will get you to an intermediate program.

just read the sticky and start a beginner program, and don't alter it.
>>
>>42248408
All i can tell you is everything in here has a story and a price. One thing I’ve learned after 21 years – you never know WHAT is gonna come through that door.
>>
How stupid is it to first try out crossfit and just be yelled at by a bunch of people six days a week instead of rereading the sticky in hopes that this time you'll remember what the acronyms and workouts are?
>>
File: body jul17.jpg (3MB, 6060x2900px) Image search: [Google]
body jul17.jpg
3MB, 6060x2900px
Hello /fit/
I've started going to the gym about 3 months ago, not having done any exercise in my life before. I've been there every week, but without following routines, diet or even a schedule, but I'm trying to get my shit together and change that to have more visible results.

Pic related is my current body and stats, and I only have about 1:30 hours of active time at the gym each day I go due to my work.

The instructors at my local gym have so many people to attend, they are barely helpful, so I was wondering if you anons could help me pick or set up a routine that can fix my shit posture and, as time goes by, gain a more aesthethic physique.

I would feel extremely thankful for you guy's help!
>>
File: 1468912130264.jpg (89KB, 498x693px) Image search: [Google]
1468912130264.jpg
89KB, 498x693px
How do I get a jooicy man booty?
>>
PHAT or PHUL. Which is the better routine?
>>
>>42248197
literally does not matter how you get protons into you as long as you get it into you
>>
File: tower_climbin_ted.jpg (94KB, 961x604px) Image search: [Google]
tower_climbin_ted.jpg
94KB, 961x604px
Does eating carbs around 1 hour before bed have any detrimental effects?

I'm finding conflicting sources and often carbs are the macro I need to fill at the end of the day
>>
Can you completely drop barbell bench and replace them with dumbell bench and incline press?
>>
>>42248633
read the sticky

>>42248709
no. Your body doesn't care what you eat before bed as long as it's not caffeinated.
>>
>>42241935
I have a grade I AC shoulder sprain

How long until recovery? Anything I should look out for? Help me anons, you're my only hope. I've been out of the gym for a week and I feel like dying
>>
>>42248649
starting strength
>>
How do I get better at pull ups?

My lifts have improved from 7 months at 105/185/245/315 (I could barely squat the bar when I started) but I still can't do a fucking pull up. Are there any good accessories that I can add?
>>
File: pulling-motion-small-banner.jpg (22KB, 593x301px) Image search: [Google]
pulling-motion-small-banner.jpg
22KB, 593x301px
How to improve grip strength?
I deadlift 2plates, and while my back and legs can easily pull more I feel fire in my hands and forearms. Should I buy wraps, or they hamper grip strength development?
>>
>>42248815
I kinda followed Scooby's video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

Basically try to do one, but assisted, and do a little bit more of the movement by yourself each time. I couldn't do one either and a short while later I could do 5-8.
>>
How many eggs are too many? Is there a difference between eating them boiled or fried?
There's no way I can get 240g of protein without eating at least 10 eggs a day and eating too many of these increases heart diseases.
>>
>>42248043
how long has it been since hes been around? at least likr 4 years right?
>>
File: The journey - Copy (2)-min.jpg (963KB, 7952x7048px) Image search: [Google]
The journey - Copy (2)-min.jpg
963KB, 7952x7048px
Please help me
Do i bulk
Do I cut
Do i hang myself
Please. I want to die
>>
>>42249025
Why would you cut at 128lbs and without looking fat?
>>
>>42249137
i do look fat.
Don't I ?
I can grab my fat rolls and stuff.

Do i have body dysmorphia or something I really cannot tell anymore.
>>
>>42249149
You're fine m8, you don't have abs yet but that doesn't mean you're fat. Bulk and develop that muscle bro, you know you want.
>>
going to start working out every weekday
so far I have
>Mday: bench + tripull down/dips
>Tday: squat + ????
>Wday: OHP + lateral raises/????
>Thday: DL + pullups/lat pulldowns
>Fday: isolations, at least 6 movements I have not already done that week

where the ???? are, are where I do not know what to do. what is a good accessory to pair with squatting and OHP? would farmer walks up stairs be good on squat day or will that affect my OHP the next day? on OHP day, could I do chinups or will that affect my DL day?
>>
>>42249170
Thank you, man. It's just been hard, ya know? I started working out just because my friends in HS did it, now they're grown and graduated and both of my buddies don't show up anymore. I keep going and I've only gotten (pic related) stats. It's been almost 2 years and I don't see any progress.
The constant put downs from my parents, chicks in high school, and all the youtube videos I see of people making crazy amazing progress in short amounts of time really mess up my head. I don't know what to do, how to get there, or even if any of this matters. I just want to look good and be strong because I enjoy weight lifting. Even if I remained a DYEL all my life I would still do it because it makes me feel good. I just want something to show for it.

If that makes any sense.
>>
Hi, I'm a skinnyfat 22 year old who can't lift much and doesn't workout much. Where do I start?
167 lb, 5'9
>>
What chest exercises can you do wih a pullup bar/ door gym??
>>
>>42248686
thank you
>>
How do I stop the temptations of eating out of boredom
>>
File: IMG_20170713_070328.jpg (72KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_070328.jpg
72KB, 960x720px
is there a reason to do incline or decline benching?
>>
>>42248852
Anyone?
>>
Can you burn calories by rocking a chair not by extending your leg but by lifting your leg up like a crunch instead?
>>
>>42249527
>Not incline benching
Lmao have fun with your droopy lower chest
You should both incline and decline bench, because there is both an upper and lower portion of the pectoral muscle: the pectoralis major and minor
>>
>>42248935
you don't need 240g of protein a day. At the very most you need 1g per pound of LBM, and most people don't need that. 0.8g per pound of LBM should be plenty.

>>42248888
those aren't pull ups, those are chin ups

>>42249523
Live a more interesting life. Watch a good movie. Drink coffee. Drink fucktons of water.

>>42249839
Maybe enough for 10 total burned.

>>42248852
Negative pull ups and hangs.

>>42249234
the sticky
>>
>>42249200
Jfc what gains do you think you'll make with such a low amount of volume
>>
how is this jump rope routine for a CARDIO workout (not weight loss)

>set timer to 3:10 min/sec
>extra 10 sec is to get in place and such
>finish and reset timer and take 15 sec break
>reset timer start again
>x5 for about 15 min jumping total

i dont jump terribly fast, maybe mid speed and increase the time per round or add another round very slowly over months

also how do you count fuck ups with jump rope? does it not matter if its really quick? i tend to mess up a lot on my last couple sets
>>
Whats the dumbbell equivalent to starting strength?
>>
>>42249908
>>those aren't pull ups, those are chin ups
Yeah but it's the same principle to get making more.

>Negative pull ups and hangs.
I'll try that, thanks.
>>
I'm back on the train after not lifting for a year and I'd like to get back to the weight I was at doing 5x5.

My question though is this time I'd like to add some assistance exercises so that I don don't look like a t-Rex.

The new gym I've been going to has a pull up assist machine. I have been trying a few things. First I was doing as many pull ups as I could at the heaviest weight then doing chin ups at the same weight before dropping the weight down and drop setting by 30lbs 4 times. I weigh 210lb. Then I tried doing just chin ups or just pull ups with the same drop set range. I've increased and now only use 100lb of assistance for the first set instead of 130 and that's for about 3-5 reps. My question is should I be doing a super set instead with dips on the machine and then drop set those two exercises? Is bench and OHP enough of a push in my normal 5x5 or am I going to end up with wonky ratios by only doing chin/pull ups? What should I do. There's too much variability. I just want to not look like a fucking t-Rex.
>>
>>42244996
You will make gains if you eat 1700 calories a day. Also consider the couple of hundred calories that you use weightlifting. You will especially make gains if you're a beginner. If you are, I would suggest you eat at maintenance.
>>
File: IMG_1333.jpg (153KB, 960x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1333.jpg
153KB, 960x710px
So I'm going back to the gym after being a lazy fuck and working this summer, but I want to try a better routine since my last one was a meme. So far I've got:

A - chest/tris
B - leg
C - shoulder/traps
D - back/bis

My first and foremost concern is that I don't know what exercises to do for each. I'm not retarded in the fact that I know what exercise works what muscle, but for example, if I was given the choice between 4 bicep exercises, how would I tell which would be most effective? Ideally I wanna do 4 exercises for each group at 4 sets each, but not sure on rep count.

tl:dr
What exercises should I do for the format I posted? Should I also throw in some stuff for quads too?
>>
>>42250099
read the sticky
>>
>>42249993
>dumbbell squat
>dumbbell over head press
>dumbbell deadlift
>dumbbell bench press
>dumbbell row
>>
>>42250099
bump, I'm interested in this too.
>>
File: Not Related.jpg (50KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
Not Related.jpg
50KB, 604x403px
Anybody try eating straight garlic for skin improvement?

How much do I have to eat? How often? Can I have other food after it?
>>
>>42250122
Specific section I should revisit?
>>
>>42248218
soreness is worst when you first start because you're doing movements with weight your body is totally unaccustomed to. the first time I squatted, with just the bar, I couldn't even walk without pain for four days. been lifting a month now adding 5lbs each time and have never been anywhere near that bad since. keep it up anon
>>
>>42250135
>not doing dumbbell powercleans
>>
>>42250246
all of it, apparently. You don't even understand what you're doing, so don't try and make a routine.

>>42250231
the only thing that will help with skin is exfoliation and washing frequently.
>>
I'm looking for some recommendations on work out routines because the sticky has some outdated links. Aside from being a bitch and not keeping up with a routine I was wondering if you guys had any tips. I'm currently doing this routine:
Push ups
Squats
Sit ups
Calf raises
Running plank
Pelvis lifts

2 sets
30 seconds each exercise
10 seconds rest.

I want to add lifting 24 pound dumbbells (lifting 2 gallons of sand in each hand because I'm poor) how many reps/sets would you anons recommend for someone whose tired out from the full body posted above? I was thinking of doing the full body 3 days a week and cardio and the lifting 2 days a week.
>>
File: 1500275730894.jpg (426KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1500275730894.jpg
426KB, 700x1050px
Does 1/2/3/4 consist of 1RM's or otherwise?
>>
Best way to progress in squats? I neglected doing them often when I first started lifting and its a huge regret. Just above 2 plates for 5x3. Im wanting to cut since I'm in the 20-25% bodyfat range bur I'm not sure how it would effect progress
>>
>>42250421
the sticky also has links to 5x5 and SS. Follow the routines. Don't be a retard.
>>
>>42250469
if you're cutting do 3x5. No purpose in more volume.

Start squats the same way you would with any exercise: With the bar. Increase 5 lbs every session you succeed. Repeat ad nauseam.
>>
>>42250439
whatever you're referring to
>"I hit 1/2/3/4 for reps"
>"Today I got my maxes past 1/2/3/4"
>>
so im 6'2-6'3 and i bulked from 140 to 190ish very easy in about 3 months but 200 is my goal however it feels like someone has installed a hardcap on my metabolism i cant gain anything any reccomendations?

Ive recalculated and adjusted my TDEE and mapped out the kcals but the scale refuses to go upward, what is the densest food i could eat to gain mass
>>
>>42250601
As a 6'3 210lb dude without much lean mass it can be hard to hit those numbers.

>jimmy dean sausage 1000 calories
>cook along side diced onion
>high protein pasta 1000 calories
>cans of crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste 500 calories
>shit load of spices, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, organic non-salt seasoning, oregano
>olive oil 120cals

That makes about two big bowls you can down before your body catches up with you and starts being angry with how much you ate.
>>
How much tuna can I eat before I have to worry about lead poisoning.
I'm 20, 110 kilos, 6'1
>>
i recall seeing a graph about skinnyfatness, and it is really helpful in explaining it to unknowers.
it had 4 regions, 2 pointing out skinnyfatness and 2 not. it covered men and women

could someone help me out?
>>
File: 1499907038472.png (65KB, 1058x848px) Image search: [Google]
1499907038472.png
65KB, 1058x848px
Fat fuck here, as I progress in my diet and my manboobs shrink, will my nipples as well? They are without a doubt my worst feature and the main reason I began my diet.
>>
What am I supposed to do about the line of hair between my belly button and my pubes?
>>
>>42250843
nothing if it doesn't bother you

i wear belts frequently so those motherfuckers rip that hair out, i trim it pretty frequently
>>
>>42250773
no more than 1 can a day.

>>42250601
that's probably a lot of fat anon. Are you sure you don't want to cut?
>>
If you are a 120 skelly that needs to bulk hard at what weight should you stop and do a normal bulk? 150?160?
>>
>>42250925
1 can, What, ok honestly that feels a bit extreme
>>
>>42250054
Anyone?
>>
i feel like i don't bench right at all

3 months in and 150lbs, can barely do 20lbs on the bar. i'm doing something wrong or i'm just considerably weaker than i thought. i feel like after 3 months, i'd make some sort of progress.

probably just going to eat more
>>
>>42251050
It's mercury poisoning you're worried about right? Well, according to studies you shouldn't even have one a day. May places say only 3-4 cans per week to avoid mercury poisoning.

I'd say only eat tuna 2-3 times a week as a crutch.
>>
Is a 500 cal deficit necessary?
>>
>>42250993
It's not the weight, it's the BF%. And most would say you should bulk until 18% and stop.

>>42251064
check stronglifts and adjust your form. very possible your grip is wrong and you may not be lifting it correctly. If you are failing sets for more than 2 sessions, deload.

>>42251077
is losing weight necessary?
>>
>>42251089
no failure, but i'm shaking a fair amount on my 3rd set onward. if my form is bad, they're all pretty much failures

i'll check it out.
>>
File: bodyfat bmi graph.png (393KB, 840x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bodyfat bmi graph.png
393KB, 840x1024px
>>42250804
i found what i was looking for
>>
Im thinking about doing a cycle of sarms for about 6 weeks.

Could i just take a natty test booster throughout and afterwards and be good for the pct? Just looking to make some good strength gains maybe a bit of size, nothing crazy
>>
>>42250919
I mean how exactly should I cut it
It looks weird if I just shave off the stripe
>>
>>42251159
trim it doofus.
>>
>>42251170
With what? I've literally never trimmed my pubic hair
>>
>>42247944
I want to bulk, i can be in a surplus 100% but I think I'll be in too much of a surplus if I don't track macros/calories
>>
>>42251171
the fuck do you mean "with what"? A fucking shaver dumbass. Get an electric shaver and go to town. Use the attachments, fucking use scissors, do fucking something.

>>42251175
so count macros then. you have nothing to lose by doing it.
>>
How many pl8 for barbell curls is roughly on par with 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>42241935
2 questions

First: If I'm doing HIIT how many times per week should I aim for?

Second: I'm not lifting. My HIIT is swimming. Will I be skinny fat once I lose the weight or simply slim?

Diet: Calorie deficit and high protein
>>
>>42251191
I used an electric shaver, but it looks weird with a stripe of hairless skin surrounded by normal stomach hair.
>>
>>42251191
Thanks man, will do, but I'll try guesstimating a bit more so I can eventually stop.
>>
>>42251208
Bump
>>
>>42250925
i can see my abs now at 190 and i couldnt at 140 so im pretty sure its not fat, i just wanna reach 200 so badly it seems like the perfect point
>>
>>42251205
There's no real answer to that question, but around 40 kg or 85 lbs I reckon. Could be more, could be less, depending on the individual. Assuming we're talking about a strict barbell curl, of course.

>>42251208
>I'm not lifting
Then you're making everything unnecessarily difficult for yourself. Resistance training has been shown time and time again to the better choice if you want to change what's looking back at you in the mirror.

Anyway, if all you want to do is swim, here's some advice:
#1 Do as much as you like. More will be better (up until a point).
#2 Don't do HIIT exclusively. Include some LISS as well. There will be a synergistic effect.
#3 To avoid nagging pains/injuries, tretch your lats and pecs daily, and make sure to train your rotator cuff. You can use a elastic band or a water bottle or something for this.
>>
When does muscle atrophy start to occour?
My lower back hurts and i want to take a break from all excising for a week but i am terrified of losing progress because every nanometer worth of results was INCREDIBLY hard for me to get
>>
>>42251752
a week is nothing
>>
So I'm eating 15 egg whites a day, what would you do with the yolks?

I'm considering jsut switching to eating 5 whites and 5 wholes if I can't find a solution to reuce waste.

>cook them up into other stuff
Yeah I could, but I can't eat it because I'm ona a specific diet
>hair/skin moisturiser
Only once a month

Any other ideas?
>>
>>42251760
Use them to cook pies and deserts and shit and give them to coworkers to up your social status
Lots of recipes specially require only yolks and no whites
>>
>>42251760
just eat them all whole.
Nothing wrong with yolks.
Maybe eat a few less to make up for the higher calories, but that's about it.
Eating egg whites only is fucking autistic unless you're a bodybuilder in contest prep.
>>
>>42251781
>Nothing wrong with yolks.
Yeah, if you have open heart surgery fetish then sure
>>
>>42242991
Go fixed gear. Learning to brake with your legs means that you'll train your muscle groups more evenly all over. And fixies are sick as shit.

>>42243401
go to physio
as for exercises
Use the bosu and do lunges ionto it from all directions.
Do various kinds of floor ladder jumps that involve twisting (single and double leg)
Jumprope (single and double leg)
>>
>>42243601
Do pressups with your hands far down your body, i.e look up how to do a planch, and you'll be well on your way to do muscle up. Atht eh moment you;re pretty far away from a muscle up unless you do rock climbing already.

>>42244328
Go to your doctor.
>>
>>42251790
the rest of my diet is solid so I ain't worried about that
>>42251781
So a 5/5 split should be fine?

>>42251779
Yeah, this sounds like a plan.
>>
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/sayless1

can someone look through the past 3 weeks and tell me why the fuck i'm not gaining any weight. I'm 60kg 5'9 (rounding up).
>>
Anyone got tips for someone who has never done barbell squats?

I'm not completely knew to the gym, but I have been working exclusively on a curlbro-tier split on and off for a few years now. I have literally never tried barbell squats before.
>>
>>42241935
What can you do to prevent your butt from getting sore on a bike, or what helps make it feel better/heal it?
>>
Last week I went up to 5x5 28.5kg OHP, this week I can't even finish my third set. What's wrong with me?
>>
If you're on a diet and your stomach feels warm, is that a sign you're burning calories? I've been limiting my calories and my stomach has been warm lately, but it's also pretty warm outside too.
>>
When you take vacations and are unable to train for several weeks, how should I get back to the level I were before?
Start lower or keep the same workout as before?
>>
>Worked my ass off last semester
>Got straight As

Feel the same as I did when I was getting straight Cs - empty and like shit.

After my workouts I'm irritable almost to the point where I feel worse than prior to lifting.

I'm afraid that no matter what I do or how hard I work, I'll still hate myself.

Can anyone relate?
>>
>>42252891
Watch a bunch of "how to squat" videos on jewtube

>>42252942
you're a faggot. eat more, sleep more.

>>42252978
you're retarded

>>42253024
>several weeks
come back lighter, and do a fullbody workout the first week you're back, don't immediately do the same volume and frequency as before.
>>
>>42253035
But I could do it last week.. I'm on a cut though. Bulking while skinny fat is a meme.
>>
>>42253061
So is cutting while skinnyfat.
Eat at maintenance for a few months and then reassess your situation.
>>
>>42252891
If you can't maintain balance and position during an unweighted squat, putting a loaded barbell on your back is stupid as shit, although way too many people do it. If you fail the test, do goblet squats 2-3 times a week for at least 3 weeks and see if that doesn't magically change things. Holding a weight out in front of you helps activate reflex stabilization of your anterior core and prevents everything from fucking up.

>>42252905
Bike more.

>>42252942
Are you using significantly more weight this week? The overhead press progresses slowly, so if you want to use a linear progression model, you kind of need micro plates. The alternative is to choose another progression model e.g. Double progression or linear periodization.

>>42252978
You're retarded.
>>
>>42253083
I did that for past few months and my lifts didn't go up and my physio therapist is telling me to layoff the squats and diddlys so all I have now are presses and it's deteriorating and infuriating. I'm not even asking for it to go up but it's kinda retarded I can't even maintain the weight man.

I'm not trying to be bear mode and I'm sick of my gut sticking out. What's wrong with cutting then, even /CBT/ told me to cut more.
>>
>>42253108
>months
>28.5kg OHP
Get your testosterone checked m8
>>
File: 1499900327413.jpg (63KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499900327413.jpg
63KB, 1024x1024px
Should i be doing hex deadlifts or regular ones

im kind of a sperg so ive been doing the hex ones should i reconsider?
>>
Whats the general consensus on stronglift 5x5?
Ive heard good and bad things
>>
>>42253104
I was doing 28.5 last week and this week. Last week I managed to finish 5x5 but I stalled on 3rd rep of 3rd set this week. I can understand if I fail my last set but 3rd set is kinda retarded especially since I could complete it last week man.
>>
>>42253128
not him but you completed 5x5 28.5 kg and you didn't move up the weight next workout?
>>
>>42253114
Even if they're low I'm not gonna start frauding, I'm mid 30s and I'm not expecting to fly like most kids here. Just keeping at it slow and steady.
>>
>>42253145
I was struggling on the last set and had to jerk up the last two reps so I figured I try it again this week and finish it with proper form. And I know my limits, I only increase weight after 2 successful days especially with OHP. In a total of 6 months I've deloaded so many times while trying to increase it weekly and it's just not working for me.
>>
>>42253119
A hex bar/trapbar deadlift is a little more quad dominant than a conventional deadlift. This can be a good or a bad thing, depending on what you want. It's still a deadlift though, and if you focus on progressing the lift good things will happen.
A nice thing about the trapbar deadlift is that it requires less hip mobility than the conventional, meaning that more people can do it without compromising their low back.

>>42253121
>Whats the general consensus on stronglift 5x5?
There is none. You will hear good and bad things on here as well.
I think it gets more things right than it fucks up, although if you like that kind of program, I'd pick GSLP instead. Maybe Starting Strength for the first month or so.

>>42253128
Could be you just had a shitty day for whatever reason. If it keeps happening you're either training too hard or not hard enough. You don't provide a lot of details about your training, so it's hard for me to say more.
Why can't you do deadlifts and squats, and what does the rest of your program look like?
>>
>>42253146
What is your lifestyle like otherwise?
Because struggling with 28.5kg OHP as an adult male is fucking shameful. especially after supposedly already lifting for months.
How long are you resting between sets?
>>
I can never figure out how to progress on cardio, lets say I did hill sprints, how much should I do, just until I can't anymore? Or should I be hitting some heart bpm?
>>
>>42252773
>http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/sayless1
Are you allergic to eating?
>>
>>42253179
Full time wage slave, father of 3, 1 toddler and 1 infant interrupting my sleep every night so I get like maybe 2x3 hours of sleep everyday. 5'8 manlet weighing 75kg. Skinny fat as fuck, like bones and skin everywhere except a huge 33 inches gut. Eating about 2000 kcals a day mostly made up of whatever I can find outside.

>>42253178
I had a lower back injury earlier in December cause I bent my back when trying to diddly 50, physiotherapist wants me to lay off them. I'm doing SL thrice a week with alternate curls and triceps extension accessories every workout. I don't think I'm working too hard. I take a lot of rest between sets and it takes me like 2 hours per workout while most people are doing SL in less than an hour.
>>
>>42253230
What's that supposed to mean?
>>
>>42253179
Oh yeah trust me I am perfectly aware and ashamed of myself which makes it more infuriating that I can't even lift what I managed to last week. You have no idea how much I hate myself now. If I fail on the last set it's still more or less acceptable but on my fucking this set. If only I could kill myself right now.
>>
>>42253178
hex deadlift guy here
my back is pretty sore after my deadlifting with the hex bar. I think I did it wrong, i shall improve upon my posture for next time

my final question is
[spoiler]i don't like squatting can i /make it/ without doing any of them? [/spoiler]
>>
>>42253249
idk why i thought /fit/ would have spoilers enabled
how embarrassing
>>
File: caseĂ­na.jpg (82KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
caseĂ­na.jpg
82KB, 1000x1000px
Is casein before going to sleep, a meme? What are some foods with good amounts of casein?
>>
>>42253249
Do your damn squats, quit bitching and learn to love them.
>>
Is it possible to get good gains without supplements? I eat mostly fish, chicken & vegetables, eggs etc.

Should I bother trying protein powder? I'm in good shape atm and don't really need to gain or lose weight , just want to get ripped.
>>
>>42253281
You don't need to use any supplements if you're getting enough protons from real food.
>>
File: 1492193155163.jpg (207KB, 500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1492193155163.jpg
207KB, 500x1125px
Guys how do i get more mass on my calves been lifting about a year and my calves have made some progress and are far denser but im not seeing much in the way of size what are the best excersizes for calf hypertrophy?
>>
>>42253236
SL pretty much revolves around those big lower body lifts. If you can't do those, I'd change up the whole routine or at least do something instead.

Given that it takes you two hours to complete, it sounds like you're killing yourself even though you're using very little weight. I suggest you change your routine to have more easy sets and less hard sets. You only train twice a week so you do need to perform some serious work though.
For the overhead press, instead of 5x5, you can try this:
5x bar
5x 25 kg.
?x 28.5 kg (go all out here, and try to do more reps or more weight on THIS set next week)
Then strip 10 kg off the bar (or just round up to the empty barbell) and do 25 total reps in as few sets as possible and as little time as possible. So that might be 8 reps, 7 reps, 5 reps, 3 reps, 2 reps. I recommend not going to failure on these sets. Stop 2-3 reps before failure so you'll be ready for the next set sooner. The goal is just to build some volume. Next week do 27 total reps, then 30 total reps, then back down to 25 total reps by week 4, but with increased weight this time.

Also make an effort to learn more about good form in the lift. If you can't stay tight, or you lack shoulder mobility, your lift will suffer.

>>42253249
If your low back is sore after deadlifting, you must likely have no clue how to "hip hinge". Google that. Basically you need to think of the deadlift more as a back-and-forth movement (of your hips) than an up-and-down movement (of the bar).
>>
To all you fags that have actually body recomped, how long did it take?

I'm 6 ft and started at 220 pounds, around 25%ish body fat. I'm down to 205 now and my goal weight was always around 200. I was just gonna eat maintenance there and do a real slow body recomp.

Is that worth? Or should I cut down to 185 first or even lower for ottermode, than lean bulk until 200 pounds before i start body recomp?
>>
>>42253236
>made up of whatever I can find outside
What is that supposed to mean.
I guess your lifestyle really sucks to make gains, but still, you should be able to make progress, just slower than usual.
Has your bodyweight changed at all during this time?

When you don't progress, you need to ask yourself a couple of questions:
>how big a jump are you making in weight
Nothing, so that's not the issue
>how long are you resting between sets
Taking 2 hours for an SL workout - not the problem
>how much are you eating and sleeping
probably a big factor in your case
>how are your testosterone level
I'm serious about getting your testosterone checked. Look up low test symptoms, see if they apply to you.
Read up on how to increase T naturally and try to do as many of those things as you can.
If it's really low, you should seriously consider TRT (getting just as much test to get your levels back to "normal/healthy").

Regarding deadlifts - they're the best way to strengthen your back to prevent it from getting injured. Provided you perform them correctly. Look up the 5 step set-up from Starting Strength.
That's your decision of course, if you want to listen to your physio or some anonymous guy on the internet.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170724-200418.png (185KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170724-200418.png
185KB, 720x1280px
>>42253317
Yeah in the meantime I'm doing 3x20 body weight squats and lunges to replace squats and diddlys. Thanks for the guide man. I'll try that on my next workout.

And if I'm already not ashamed of myself to the max, my empty bar is only 10kg... So I'm actually stalking on a total of 33.5kg OHP.

I really appreciate your advice though. Screenshot for easy reference.
>>
>>42253364
>my empty bar is only 10kg... So I'm actually stalking on a total of 33.5kg OHP.
what
>>
>>42253364
Wait, now I'm confused, you didn't apply the weight of the bar into your lift?
Because you're supposed to do that.
>>
File: kettlebell_swing.jpg (150KB, 633x500px) Image search: [Google]
kettlebell_swing.jpg
150KB, 633x500px
Are kettlebell swings a meme exercise or is it legit?
>>
>>42253342
I'm gonna cue the 'I don't have time to make my own meals' and whatever I can find outside usually means like rice with some meat and vegetables, although I do not know how much sugar/salt/oil when they stirfry those so I usually guesstimate the calories. I have lost some weight these few months and co-workers and family are noticing it so it's not too bad but it's just really slow.

I'm pretty sure my deadlift form is fine but my PT is a fag and it's true that my lower back still aches like fuck every now and then, and my daughter loves to bury her feet underneath my back when sleeping so that makes it even worse everytime. I just don't wanna get it worse and this guy ain't exactly cheap. He was kinda pissed when I told him I'm squatting with weights, I told him 30 when I was actually doing 60. Imagine if I told him I'm doing 60 instead.

>>42253381
I meant it's only 5, sorry my bad. I'm really tired right now.

>>42253394
No I thought generally when talking about weights we don't include the bar since >e-stats
>>
>>42253411
You include the bar as it adds weight.
Everybody does this.
>>
>>42253364
All right. A couple of details:
Take ample rest before the topset of ~5 reps. Once you've reduced the weight and are going for 25 total reps, keep the rest period to 60 seconds. Your performance may suffer, but it doesn't matter. The important thing is to get some volume in and there's really no reason for it to take all day. Progression will come automatically since you're doing more total reps next time.

Don't be ashamed, man. You're trying to improve yourself and people are dicks.
Being a father myself I can tell you that if you're going through some serious life stress for whatever reason, it becomes EXTREMELY hard to make progress. If that's the case, the best thing to do is actually to start focusing on what you can improve outside your training.

Don't get your testosterone levels checked. Contrary to popular belief it's only a tiny piece of the puzzle, and if the test comes back looking shitty, it'll just mess with your head.

A final note on the deadlift, physiotherapists know nothing about that unless they have a personal interest. I should know, since I am one. But I can't give you concrete advice on that without seeing you. But as a rule; do less of what hurts and more of what doesn't.
>>
>>42253421
Well still doesn't change the fact I'm stalling on lmao0.5pl8 OHP. So for the 5xbar in >>42253317 do I just do it with empty 5kg bar or assume default 20kg bar?
>>
>>42253439
Default 20kg
>>
>>42253408
The guy in the picture is doing the swing very wrong.

There are different ways to train with kettlebells, just like there are with barbells (powerlifting vs. weightlifting). I don't know much about GS sport, but I know that the so-called hardstyle KB swing was created to augment the hand-to-hand combat of the Russian special forces. It is unique in how you alternate being relaxed and being 100% tensed (when done right). This is similar to a strike when fighting. At the same time you generate force from the hips and into the ground, which is also a useful skill not only for fighting but for athletics in general.

That's the theory anyway. And again, the guy in the pic is fucking up greatly.

So it's not a bodybuilding exercise, but it can be tremendously useful. Many people use it for conditioning as well, as you can build up to very large volumes without destroying your body. I recommend StrongFirst's material if you want to learn to swing properly.

>>42253439
>assume default 20kg bar
This. The point is just to do a couple of increasingly heavier sets of 5 and one all-out set.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718153747.jpg (402KB, 1377x1111px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718153747.jpg
402KB, 1377x1111px
How do you guys typically transfer from cutting to bulking? I'm slowly inching my calories up by a few hundred every few days until I'm about 300 over maintenance, sound alright?
>>
>>42253436
Alright man thanks for your advice. I wish the wife would stop getting upset over every tiny thing and wanting to fight over every tiny detail. Like, we're doing a birthday party for my son next month and gonna cater food for 50, and that's already an overestimation as most of my relatives are old as fuck and probably eat like 3.5 person's share amongst 6 people. Then she gets into a fit like 'you didn't include my parents and my brother?' I'm like what the fuck woman caterers usually give like 10% more food and the 3 of them don't even eat 2 person's share, I can go without food and they can have mine and she insisted on increasing the count to 53.

Sorry for blogging but it happened right before I started lifting like 90 mins ago so it could be what's irritating me and making me stall like a bitch today.

And yeah I'm not gonna get my test checked don't worry. Thanks man. You're a real bro.
>>
File: images.jpg (26KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
26KB, 288x415px
>>42249905
Pec minor is an inferior muscle that connects the ribs to the scapula, it's not 'upper' or 'lower' chest.
>>
>>42243211
Holy fuck pt's are sharks
>>
Is there any point to foam rolling my shins?
>>
>>42253237
eat more
>>
How tf do I flavour my pwo mix? I remember myprotein had some powder but not anymore. And ye im living in EU
>>
>>42253550
You'll keep them nice for your boyf
>>
>>42247893
Nice troll
>>
>>42248085
Youre probably rounding your back, erector DOMs are usually felt when using them while injury to the disks hurts when sitting/laying down
>>
>>42253333
checked
>>
File: smug.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
If guys really liked big muscles why aren't bodybuilding competitions full of shrieking girls and women jumping around willing to see semi-naked guys full of muscle?
the audiences are msotly male
>>
>>42253577
I don't understand though, why do I have to eat so much when my TDEE is so low?
>>
>shitty choice of veg at chow hall, either cauliflower or carrots
>can't go get any from grocery, stuck in middle of a desert
>chow hall serves v8, only other way of getting veg

Is v8 a /fit/ approved way of getting dem veggies where the carrots and cauliflower fall short? Sticky doesn't say shit about it, except to stay under the recommended sodium intake
>>
File: 1481206373384.png (25KB, 399x222px) Image search: [Google]
1481206373384.png
25KB, 399x222px
>feel dull semi sharp pain coming from lower back after doing squats today

Is this it, have I entered snap city..? What the fuck do I do now? Avoid deadlifts and squats for one week?
>>
>>42253719
The important thing is to figure out why you have low back pain all of a sudden.
#1 Check your training volume. Have you increased the amount of lifting involving the low back by a lot over a short amount of time?
#2 Check your form. Are you maintaining a neutral spine and are you staying tight throughout the whole movement?
>>
>>42253757

I think it came from deadlifting. I'm still a noob so my form probably sucked on it but I did a 1x5+ 65kg and got 7 reps and it made my lower back sore.

Today I did 6 reps of 67.5kg squat and after this for some reason my back started feeling "ticklish", which kinda means pinched nerve or some shit.. it usually gets sore but ticklish is a new one.

Anyway help me I think I have fucked this up..

I'm sure my form today for squats was bad because I increased from 65kg.. but usually what I do is keep my chest up, squeeze my glutes and try to use my hips to drive myself up.

Anyway my lower body is weak af, my bench is 55kg and my ohp 42.5kg
>>
File: fit pic.png (31KB, 1717x867px) Image search: [Google]
fit pic.png
31KB, 1717x867px
I started out doing 5x5 in the gym last year and made some okay strength gains but terrible hypertrophy and then this year I did this shitty routine for a year and made some very slight hypetrophy gains and now I need to know whats a good hypertrophy routine purely hypertrophy and nothing else idc about strength
>>
>>42253672
What are stats?
That's a pretty normal looking TDEE
I can also see you're not consistently good at hitting it.

Need to eat more all the time, one pack of crisps for breakfast? not enough brah
I do a good 1000-1200 kcals at breakfast and i'm former skellybro
>>
Ok just seen stats 5'9 60kg
Calculate TDEE using top three google sites and average them out.
I found MFP was jewing me a few hundred calories

Do that and report back
>>
>>42253862
Do a PPL program.
>>
File: back.jpg (58KB, 726x375px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
58KB, 726x375px
how do i train this paravertebral muscles all from the neck to the butt? i train at home and i have a bar for pullups, no weights but an elastic of 50kg
>>
File: erectorss.jpg (141KB, 670x722px) Image search: [Google]
erectorss.jpg
141KB, 670x722px
>>42254123

Do you mean the erectors muscles? Deadlift and lateral back raises, or whatever it's called.
>>
>>42253944
I've being consistent for 3 weeks except 2 days, thursday, friday where I went out of the city. Yeah I struggle to eat in the morning, I always wake up anxious which makes me feel sick so sadly my breakfast suffers which is why I have to fit in calories later on in the day. I've just recently starting having crisps in the morning it's better than nothing, I'll try adding some milk if i'm struggling but mornings are bad for me and if I eat a lot I will just throw it up anyway. I would think after 3 weeks, even with 2 days off I would see some sort of weight change but nothing which is why i'm posting here.

TDEE's seem to be 1950 - 2300, I've been on 2800 for a while and 2 days ago I upped it to 3100 calories which is what I will be doing for a few weeks now. I used to be 50kg and manged to get upto 60kg, back then I was bulking on around 2400-2600 calories a day so I thought I wouldn't have any problems with 2800. I've got myself a food measuring scale and have being extremely precise and accurate this time around yet no progress.
>>
File: exerciseone.jpg (45KB, 335x549px) Image search: [Google]
exerciseone.jpg
45KB, 335x549px
>>42254136
i dont have the stuff for it tho, since i train at home and i have no real weights
is there any other exercise i could try? i usually do pic related, it kinda works but im not sure (not even trolling)
>>
I always do the valsalva maneuvre when lifting heavy but yesterday I popped a blood vessel during heavx squats and now I have a red eye.
Is this normal? Did I fuck up something?
>>
I just got a job at a real estate company and most of the time I'll be running out getting materials and being in a office doing paperwork

What kinda diet would work best?
>>
>>42254220
you shouldnt generally do valsalva, plays too much with your vessels pressure
just unload a little, you are overdoing yourself if you need to valsalva
or you could listen to those who say "man up" until you die
up to you
>>
>>42254138
The anxiety won't be helping.
I have mental problems and on 30mg of Citalopramt to help.
Being anxious means you usually have high levels of cortisol and also develop coping behaviours which can diminish returns.
Mine often manifested as twitches and fidgeting which was also wasting several hundred calories per day.

Your mental fitness is just as important as your physical so get that sorted.

Breakfast - Squeeze some more liquid in there, milk is easy, you already enjoy it and it has more calories than crisps
Is there anything you really like eating? Bulking can be largely psychological and eating plates of rice and chicken can be demotivating so if you like krispy kremes, hey fuck it, have a couple for breakfast.

Something that worked for me as well is telling myself "god i'm starving" , im so hungry etc even if I wasnt, managed to semi convince myself and usually put away more food.

Now up at 196lbs and it does get easier anon
>>
I'm looking for workout log app that has warmup with plate to use displayed, reset timer, and progress data

pretty much looking for the starting strength app that lets me choose exercises

help please
>>
>>42254250
work best for what?
>>
how can i look if im doing proper form during deadlifts if i train alone?
>>
>>42254295
a mirror
or record self with phone
>>
>>42254312
>tfw no space to fit a mirror
im doing deadlifts with an elastic in a really small and full place (im a skelly so for now it's enough)
i have a good anatomy and movement knowledge so i know im doing more or less the right movement but i dont wanna fuck up my back
will try with the phone, somehow
thx
>>
>>42253264
Cottage cheese
>>
>>42254352
Just prop it up against something, it will give you a general idea of how you are doing
>>
One scoop is 30g or 50g?
>>
File: IMG_4172.jpg (119KB, 1242x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4172.jpg
119KB, 1242x773px
I'm making excellent gains even though my routine(pictured) is often not approved by most people. What gives?
>>
>>42254418
What is excellent? How are you determining that?
>>
>>42254273
I was prescribed 10mg Citalopram a year ago when I went to the doctors, I took them for a few days and gave up since they didn't do anything, I wasn't depressed I just had the anxiety symptoms so I wasn't comfortable taking antidepressants. Did Citalopram change anything for you? I read some stuff online about how it can mess up your brain so I was scared to take it. I always wonder how life would have turned out if I decided to take them.

I just thought the anxiety in the morning was normal and couldn't be cured so I didn't bother taking anything for it. I'll try bigger breakfasts from now on and if I can't do it maybe I have to go to the doctors for my anxiety, idk.
>>
>>42254486
(these are 1 rep maxes)
bench 125 to 235
squat 145 to 305
diddly (didnt max out in begining due to bad form) to 395

in about 4 months
>>
I've been smoking for just about two years and decided to quit a few months ago. I have no trouble resisting cravings but have one major issue...I am constipated as fuck! I've tried regular running and working out every damn day, metamucil/fiber boosts to my diet, coffee...but I will stay constipated and nauseous for weeks until I smoke (at which point I immediately have to shit myself inside out).

Has anyone dealt with this? How do I get out of this?
>>
>>42254555
do you drink enough? if your shit is dry as sand it will slow down your shit-producer
>>
>>42254508
They start you on 10mg and gauge your reaction.
I started on 10 too.
You have to stick with them longer anon, i didn't start to feel a change until a few months in, infact it got worse first.
Mine is for anxiety and depression.
Yes its helpful, it allows me to be more stable in general, I can get on with daily life now and only have worries when it comes unexpected occurences.
My brain was already messed up, I couldnt see how it could get worse lol.

I never used to eat in the morning as well but once the anxiety calmed down my appetite returned

See your doc anon and be honest with them and yourself, discuss your goals and stick with the meds for several months.
Also enquire about therapy/CBT, I found it very useful
>>
>>42254517
If no E-statting then that is excellent
>>
>>42254585
personally i think i got great genetics. in my family (some distant) there are two bodybuilders and one oldschool strongman. but I think my routine is pretty good as well and its not all genetics
>>
>>42254079
can you recommend me one for purely hypertrophy purposes
>>
>>42254625
Body pic senpai?
>>
>>42254650
im at 28% boddyfat right now, kinda ashamed of that
>>
File: IMG_0536.png (96KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0536.png
96KB, 640x1136px
Can someone guesstimate my tdee on a day when I workout pic related?

I also walk 3 miles a day

77kg
5'10
18 y/o

Lifts are 97.5kgx6 front squat
Db chest press 30kg (each hand)x10
Barbell lunges 65kgx8
One arm db row 45kgx6

I'm just looking for a guesstimate, I know it may be tricky

Cheers
>>
Is there a solution to feeling sore and "loose" / weak (vs feeling sore but still tight and strong)? I failed a set of squats in a previous workout and planned to de-load by 10%, but today I couldn't even complete that de-loaded set. My groin and lower back felt weak and awful. I don't think I'm injured or overtrained, and I've been getting plenty of food and rest.
>>
>>42254569
Ok i'll consider seeing them, thanks for the advice and information.

>My brain was already messed up, I couldnt see how it could get worse lol.
This resonates well with me, there isn't anything to lose at this point.
>>
>>42254696
sounds like a pulled muscle, just not very severe
>>
>>42254696
Eat more
Sleep more

And then Wait

Lots of protein too
>>
>>42254696
Have a rest week with 50% set weights and basically very light exercise only. One week may sound like a long time but say, if you'd train for 5 years for example, then it's only a drop in the ocean. Let your muscles and CNS rest.
>>
>>42253791

I think I might have pinched my nerves.. So I guess no squatting and deadliftings for a week?

I can still do leg presses right..
>>
File: kk.jpg (8KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
8KB, 209x241px
My fat distribution is bad and gives me a bit of that hour glass wide hips look. I know one solution would be a cut, but Id rather maintain my weight for now. What accessories can I implement in my powerlifting style training that will give me that blocky waist look? Im thinking the best way would be to develop my obliques more but I dont know efficient excericises for them. Maybe bent presses, bending to one side with a weight in my hand?
>>
>>42251572
a little late, but post a pic? I highly, highly doubt you could gain 50 pounds in 12 weeks without putting on hella excess fat. That's almost 5 pounds a week, the body can barely do 3-4 a month on steroids, let alone natty.
>>
As a newbie lifter, do you make any gains eating at maintenance? My weight has stayed nearly the exact same, but I know I've gained some slight muscle already. I've only been working out seriously for about a month now, I'm just hoping I haven't been wasting my time. Like are the only options bulk or cut to start?
>>
>>42255003
Objectively no, empirically, yes.
Although I probably could have made more knowing what i know now.

What are your goals?
>>
>>42255003
You only need to eat exactly what your body needs, but you cant estimate too accurately how much you eat per day and thus it is better to simply eat around 200 kcal a day on a surplus if you want to gain muscle. That way you ensure you get enough calories for optimal muscle growth and gain as little as fat possible at the same time. Eating at maintenance is always somewhat guessing, so preferably just eat slighly more and thats close to being optimal. Your body is basically always either cutting or gaining.
>>
>>42254291
So I don't feel sluggish
>>
>>42255071
High carb
Lots of slow acting, oats, rice, grains etc
>>
>>42254566
I drink more than usual with the fiber mix..can probably stand to drink more though
>>
>>42255108
considering you workout daily and also do running you should probably drink 3L of water everyday to be sure
if your piss is very yellow you are most likely too dry
try add more vegetables and fruits if it doesnt work
if this doesnt too you should see a doctor, it's not something life threatening but it's pretty damaging about life quality
>>
am i gay if i get the most happiness from doing female workouts? my muscles are just thanking me after that
im dyel and normal man workout put me in a pathetic energyless state for days-weeks, sad af
>>
why am i far more horny when ive had a lack of sleep im running on 4 hours sleep desperate to go to bed yet "find woman" is on my mind, if i get a good night sleep its not even remotely close
>>
>>42255308
your "primary needs" brain area control your needs for food intake, sleep and sex. if you need one of those you will get a little brain shortcut that makes you crave for the others
results are different in different individuals
>>
I just moved to San Jose and need a gym that's close to the SAP Center.
Any ideas?
>>
How much protein per pound of lean body mass is enough?
>>
>>42241935
does anyone have a template to print out to track your lifts
>>
>>42255150
read the sticky you queer

>>42254695
Short answer: No, we can't.

Long Answer: It's extremely difficult to accurately predict calories burned based on exercise alone. Just adjust your calorie intake based on your weight loss/gain every week
>>
>>42255915
jefit is a good app to track your lifts

or any note taking app really.

>>42255714
0.8g
>>
Is there anyway to calculate calories burned by lifting or is it just heart rate and however much your muscles have to repair?
>>
failed my bench press today. Last week I managed 3x5 115lbs and this week i decided to try 120. Got through one set, failed the last rep on the second, couldn't get past 3 on the third. Do i deload or just try again on friday?

i fucking hate the bench, why is it so much worse than my other lifts

>>42256080
without medical equipment and supervision, no.
>>
How much fat and carbs per pound is enough?
Assume protein is at 0.8g/lean body pound.
>>
>>42256099
I'd just try again, you don't have to deload immediately.
>>
if im already doing fullbody workout x3 week, how many times can i do cardio
>>
>>42256285
based on sticky: 2 days of cardio a week. 2 days off.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.