[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

posture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: tips-for-good-posture.png (87KB, 1200x1034px) Image search: [Google]
tips-for-good-posture.png
87KB, 1200x1034px
I know that good posture comes with regular exercise and that it's an indicator of good health, but is there anything inherently better about sitting up straight and not slouching and all that dumb shit? My friend told me it's "good for you" but he couldn't explain why. I know it's more attractive, but is it actually healthier for your spine and whatever? because that all sounds like BS to me.

In other words should I be doing any of the stuff in the pic or is that all gay
>>
File: 018.png (180KB, 540x448px) Image search: [Google]
018.png
180KB, 540x448px
>>42241311
If you spend most of your time on a chair, then your body will adapt to sitting on a chair.
So when you slouch forward, you will get rolled shoulders and forward head posture because by slouching forward, you are weakening and strengthening the wrong muscles and you lose a proper upright posture as a result.
>>
Yeah, you'll get back and neck problem you fucking moron.
What did you expect?

Not to mention forward head posture promotes mouth breathing, which'll land you a weak chin and a dumpy look.
>>
Hey Anon.
I spend a lot of time in front of the screen and I've set up my desk about the same as on the pic, you could say "optimally".
It may be a bit uncomfortable at first but you just have to get used to it.
Also, i got a sitting-standing desk and an "ErgoRest" for the forearms. So i can stand up and continue working/playing and stay fresh and focused for much longer. ;)
>>
>>42241698
It bothers me that this contradicts the whole 90 degree sitting up straight thing. Do you know anywhere I can read some docs on this stuff that isn't trying to sell me a chair or desk or anything? Seems like there's some mixed opinions on this stuff
>>
File: why not this.jpg (203KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
why not this.jpg
203KB, 1000x1000px
Why don't you use a standing desk?
>>
>>42242451
The problem isn't so much sitting itself, it's not changing your position for hours.
Sitting is fine, as long as you get up regularly, walk around, stretch a bit, wiggle your joints, etc.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.