[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Groceries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I started living on my own this year and my diet is really shite. Basically just eat microwaveable 'food'.
What do you usually buy at the grocery store?
>>
Read the sticky, fucking idiot
>>
>>42241294
i have, i'm interested in what other people eat, i'm pretty sure diet isn't exactly static
>>
File: 1499902007227.jpg (655KB, 960x853px) Image search: [Google]
1499902007227.jpg
655KB, 960x853px
>>42241284
>>
>>42241284
i buy whatever vegetables are in season or fresh when i go shopping. i'll either mix them into a salad and eat them raw or toss them into a wok for a stir fry. beans are good (lentils, too) and can be added to salads or eaten alongside a meat entree. as far as meat goes i eat a lot of chicken, but i try to mix it up between white meat and dark meat. sometimes grilled, sometimes baked or roasted.

if you've got a stove top you can get some pans and cook almost anything. all you need to learn is proper temperature and to be patient since it'll take longer to cook. too many people burn the shit out of their food because they're fucking impatient.
>>
>>42241284
This desu, I recently got my own place and money is tight since I no longer split rent etc with another person so retarded ne decided to go for the easy but long term expensive microwaveable shit.

Saving up money to do a full restock of the pantry and freezer/refrigerator.
>>
>>42243377

Bingo
Some adds

Have at least one thing that keeps well in the fridge for a few days and is good either hot or cold. You're going to have "fuck it" days. Bonus if it can pass for breakfast as well.

Figure out a beef/fish/pork dish that you can toss together and leaves no leftovers. This assumes your prepped meals tend to rely on chicken

If money is tight, invest in a crockpot. It's probably the best bang for your buck and you can get away with cheaper cuts of meat

Shop around for veggies. I'm lucky to have two different farmer's markets in my city, plus two local "hippie" markets, three chain "organic/local" places, and the regular supermarkets. Organic isn't always more expensive, but quality and price can vary where I am and something is always on sale
>>
>>42244357
>invest in a crockpot

THIS THIS THIS!

I can't recommend this enough!
>>
>>42241284
I pan-fry steak most nights. Quick and satisfying.
>>
File: C7fZzslVUAA_m6t.jpg (104KB, 1177x867px) Image search: [Google]
C7fZzslVUAA_m6t.jpg
104KB, 1177x867px
>>42241284
Stop buying microwave food now (besides those microwave steam bags of veggies). Look up cooking videos for ideas and start experimenting. It can be daunting if you've never cooked for yourself but it is worth going in and trying different things.

Me personally, I am going to go to the grocery store and pick up:
>Chicken Breast (big value pack)
>Hummus
>steambag veggies
>greek yogurt
>carton of eggs
>diet peach snapple
I broil my chicken and eat it with hummus and some veggies. I'll eat the yogurt in the morning or between meals as a snack. Make hard-boiled eggs and eat a couple as another snack. Snapple is tasty and low cal (diet peach at least, 5 cal per 12 fl oz.) and helps if I start to get tired of water or want something sweet.
Hope this helps OP
>>
>>42241284
Throw your microwave in the garbage. There, I just improved your diet significantly
>>
>>42241284
>What do you usually buy at the grocery store?
Groceries
>>
>>42244371
>>42244357
>crockpot

Is this a new meme? Pressure cookers are better in every way.
>>
>>42243423
If money is tight, practice intermittent fasting. You can survive on one meal a day, and afford to make it a great meal.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.