[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /fit/, do you deadlift mixed grip, or correctly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Deadlift.jpg (135KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Deadlift.jpg
135KB, 620x349px
So /fit/, do you deadlift mixed grip, or correctly?
>>
>he uses chalk, straps, hex bar, and/or mixed grip on Dead Lift
lmao
you might as well have someone else lift it for you
>>
File: serveimage(84).jpg (16KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(84).jpg
16KB, 236x353px
Mixed grip has only one role, setting PRs or competing. I'm not sure why Rippletits recommends it for beginners that should be working on their grip.
>>
>>42238310

People should always be using regular grip. I agree with using mixed grip to finish a set, but one should be trying to finish their whole workout with regular grip for as many reps as possible.
>>
trap bar

maybe i will start doing jeffersons
and suitcase
>>
I do mixed grip, but alternate so I get the same number of reps on each.

My thumbs are too stubby to do hook grip.
>>
As long as you alternate grips, who cares? It's not like most people here lift enough weight to worry about tearing a bicep. If you train for strength, alternate and work on grip. If you train for asthetics, alternate and work on building up a balanced physique or just avoid deadlifting.
>>
>>42238310
He doesn't recommend it to beginners, have you even read the book? Double overhand until your grip fails, then chalk+double overhand, then mixed if that stops working.
>>
hook master race
>>
>>42238417
It's usually just the purists who deadlift three plates getting mad at the guys deadlifting four plates because they use mixed grip.
>>
I do mixed for my workset. I got to the point where my grip was going on the 2nd or 3rd rep and it fucked my form. I figured it was better to go mixed and keep progressing on the deadlift.
>>
>>42238310
You use overhand grip until the weight is too heavy to hold with an overhand grip, then you switch to mixed grip to continue.

You should consider doing deadlifts as a back and overall full body exercise rather than doing it as a forearm exercise.
>>
Just spend an extra 5 minutes to work on your grip and do mixed grip deadlifts
Forcing double overhand will inhibit your deadlift growth and might even cause injuries if you are lifting heavy enough
>>
>>42238310
rip hates mixed grip. he shills hook grip for days
>>
>>42238310
>Mixed grip has only one role, setting PRs

Enjoy that bicep tear on your new PR.
>>
If I can't pull something conventional grip then I'm too week to pull it
>>
double OH as high as i can, then i switch to hook grip or use straps
>>
>>42240444
Enjoy never making it
>>
File: 1492000375048.png (187KB, 346x406px) Image search: [Google]
1492000375048.png
187KB, 346x406px
>>42240542
ok griplet, whatever you say
>>
>>42238228
I don't use wraps but I can only do like 2 reps at anything above 405 or I have to do singles. At my working set (right now 505) I do 2x5 and I have to use mixed grip or my second rep will slip out my fingies
>>
>>42240444
guarantee you pull sub-3pl8
>>
>>42238228
Mixed grip is only dangerous if you halfway curl the weight, let your arms straight and you are pretty muck ok.
>>
>>42242066
currently @ 3.35 plates
lmao at your pathetic grip strength, are you even a man?
>>
>>42243351
>3.35

I bet you count the bar as weight on your didly, dyel. How you try to lecture people on grip strength with numbers that girls can do is beyond me.
>>
File: 1446505624259.jpg (7KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
1446505624259.jpg
7KB, 250x224px
>>42243351
>>42240444
>>42240552

>calls other people a griplet
>can't even pull 180kg DOH

You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>42238436
Yeah but beginners probably have shit grip strenght so they're gonna start mixed gripping from 200 pounds and get imbalances and keep their shite grip

>>42238228
Fuck all y'all's shitposting.
today I finally broke through my deadlift pr.
it is shit but I'm happy, I love diddies.
I finally realized that if I kept failing reps due to the bar falling out of my hands and me losing all my tightness, I should work on my grip
>>
>>42238310
that girl is beautiful
>>
>>42238228
DAILY REMINDER THAT THE WORLD RECORD DEADLIFT WAS DONE USING DOUBLE OVERHAND GRIP
>>
I strap above 400. Regular grip otherwise
>>
>still not doing the obviously Superior hook grip
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.