[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PPL routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (34KB, 748x570px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
34KB, 748x570px
Good PPL routine for muscle growth?
>>
This is a bs routine. Only 3 sets of bench wtf. Won't get good progression like that. Change the set and rep schemes and this routine will be decent
>>
what do i change them to?
>>
dude, you need more reps and more volume.

for instance my chest and arm day looks like this

Flat Bench 4x10 last 3 reps are pause reps, increasing weight each set

Db incline bench 3x10 pause reps

wide hammer press 3x12

curls 4x8

close grip bench 4x8

chest flys 3x12

hammer curls 3x12

tricep pushdowns 3x12

preacher curls 3x12

single arm cable pushdown 3 x12
>>
5x5 for bench.
4x8 for ohp but this is gonna be with a lighter weight of course
4x8 Dip (but this will fuck up your shoulders so incline dumbells would be better)
No need for dumbell shoulder press if ohp done. But can do front raises.
And then arms should be fairly simple.

Reddit ppl is a good template to follow
>>
>>42237895
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MbOWpTBcNNQuqHd8q9jUUR2V-ZERWNDKYPd5kzVjCJQ/template/preview?usp=drive_web

how is this routine?
>>
>>42237982
its better. but i wouldnt mess with the sets of 5 until youve built some size, otherwise you're going to burn yourself out trying to move weight when really you need to focus on form and quality of reps. And i see how you're alternating OHP and Bench as the first lift. i like to move shoulders with back day and arms with chest day so you dont have to alternate and can go 100% each time you hit it instead of having the lift weakend by the previous one.

if you cant do pullups for sets of 12 just stick to the cable lat pulldown, underhand preferably and work up with that. you will get strong as fuck just with the cables, then once you get strong enough throw some pullups into the routine. if you're just beginning you wont be able to do pullups with good form and have it be worth anything. build up.
>>
shud I instead just go to the routine I posted? I did 5x5 but really shitty consistency for a year made some decent gains 2pl8 squat, but then moved onto a shitty brosplit for a year and now PPL, so shud i just do the routine I posted? or the one in the link
>>
>>42238116
depends on what the fuck you want. Strength or Muscle. Go strength you'll still look dyel in a year but be pretty strong. Go muscle you'll look good in a year but not that strong. But then you can get strong later.
>>
>>42238132
Can u recommend me a good muscle building routine
>>
>>42237895
>OP posts a beginner routine
>You immediately recommend an intermediate routine

Are you actually this stupid?
>>
>>42238183
no im giving an example. Hes fucked regardless. but doing 3 sets of 5 isnt goin to do shit for you.
>>
>>42238166
ffs just do the spreadsheet you posted and instead of those sets of 5 make them sets of 8.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.