[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /fit/, I got sober and lost about 90 lbs over the past year.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: charlie day man.jpg (25KB, 463x454px) Image search: [Google]
charlie day man.jpg
25KB, 463x454px
So /fit/, I got sober and lost about 90 lbs over the past year. I feel great, and honestly, genuinely, want to thank this lame ass board for helping me get a great start on a healthy lifestyle. I wanted to ask if any of you think alcoholism is really a disease? Can I go back to drinking since I have proved to myself I haven't needed it for over a year?
>>
>Drinking the alcoholic jew

For real congrats bro. Don't go back to drinking
>>
great, another fucking slide thread
give it a rest Hillary + sharia blue
>>
>>42237470

>going back to alcohol after seeing an awesome transformation

Why would you need to? The consequences of falling are not worth getting back on that horse.
>>
two options

1) safe path: no of course not. enjoyment of life aside, there's much more to be lost from alcohol than gained. even if you're not in some kind of genetic risk group for alcoholism, why risk it?
2) introduce it back into your life in an extremely controlled manner. conservatively decide on an (acceptable amount of booze/time span) ratio and stick with it for a long time. if you find yourself being regularly tempted to go over that, it's defcon 5, shut everything down, back the fuck off. pray to jesus your will power remains as strong as before.
>>
>>42237470
Do you think a heroin addict should go back to shooting because he proved himself he didn't need it for a few months, do you hear how stupid that sounds ?
>>
>>42237584
have you successfully done option 2? you sound like you might have
>>42237657
well, heroin is felonious, so hard to compare. unless you are observing addiction as disease?
>>
>>42237470
I used to drink a fifth of vodka every single night for about two years. Managed to stay moderately fit, but felt like shit every waking moment.

I ended up quitting basically cold turkey and it's totally turned my life around. Within six months of quitting drinking I:
>quit smoking (used to smoke a pack a day)
>started saving money every month
>got a higher paying job
>picked up a cool new hobby that I'm passionate about
>saw drastic increases at the gym
>a bunch of other positive self-improvements

Can't say if alcoholism is a disease or not. But sobriety is only going to make your life better. Stay sober man, you got this shit.
>>
>>42237689
kind of but not really, made an effort to 'cut back' (vodka everyday to couple beers couple times a week). few months later got into weed and realized i just have no self control regardless of the substance. i believe the attachment to altered states of mind is a problem in itself regardless of how much you actually give into it. you might be able to coexist with it if you work hard enough, but i imagine there are more satisfying ways to live your life. hopefully we'll find those one day
>>
>>42237689
alcohol is a hard drug and probably damages your body worse than heroin does, you can even die from alcohol withdrawals
>>
>>42237739
i like sobriety a ton desu.
>>42237752
cant disagree with that fact. heroin is still very illegal though right
>>
>>42237739
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZWXJbFeyYE
>>
>>42237789
i believe that an addiction is always a symptom of mind that is not truly working properly, and that merely controlling it or redirecting it is living a half life
>>
>>42237470

Recovering heroin addict here,

Don't do it anon. 1 is too many and 1000 is not enough. Before you know it you'll be bloated, drunk, and back at square one.

Stay solid. Stay clean.
You got this.

I'm 14 months clean from H. I've lost 20 pounds and counting and my stamina is way up.
>>
>>42237873
I agree with this anon, I'm sober from drugs and alcohol as well.

Think of it on a linear scale, when you stop drinking and using you plateau you don't descend at all. You start right back where you left off, the same place you quit drinking at is where you're going to be almost immediately when you start back.

Don't believe me go for it champ.
>>
File: Voldemort's_mutilated_soul.jpg (312KB, 1570x657px) Image search: [Google]
Voldemort's_mutilated_soul.jpg
312KB, 1570x657px
>>42237470
>Can I go back to drinking since... ?
No.

Tell that petty booze seeking persona inside to fucking die already and you stick to your sober life. Alcohol is lame.
>>
>>42237470
Normal people don't need to ask this question. If have to ask you should already know the answer.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.