[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on full body training Starting a new routine soon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: henry-cavill-steroids.png (251KB, 639x378px) Image search: [Google]
henry-cavill-steroids.png
251KB, 639x378px
Redpill me on full body training

Starting a new routine soon, currently planning to do PPLPPLx. Been watching a lot of AlphaDestiny and while I think he's a complete fucking beta and full-time cringelord, his training makes me curious as fuck.

Thoughts?

Pic unrelated; goal bod
>>
>>42234595
You need to learn each individual benefits of full body, upper lower, and push pull legs.

If your following PPLPPLx just because most people in /fit/ are running them, you are no different than people running brosplits just because most people are running brosplits.
>>
>>42234679
Well I've gotten really solid results from brosplitting, which I used to get back into training following illnesses and holidays. I'm not sure what benefits full body would bring to somebody like me, who has been training consistently for six and a half months.
>>
>>42234713
It'd bring you the same benefits as someone who's just starting out. 6 months isn't really that long, you're still basically a novice.
>>
>>42234758
The way I look at it is that people just starting out should do Stronglifts or full body for three months before moving on to something else. I feel like I've been lifting to long to change to this kind of training though.
>>
>>42234595
I do fullbody EOD, high volume. I really don't see the big deal. It's a training split I enjoy, and is more flexible for me in case I can't make a gym day.

I really don't fucking see why someone can't make hypertrophy gains on a fullbody routine as much as a regular split, unless I'm missing something
>>
>>42234778
>The way I look at it is that people just starting out should do Stronglifts or full body for three months before moving on to something else.
Three months is not long enough to really benefit from a LP, or any routine for that matter. Three resets is the general rule for when to stop, and that takes quite a while for a beginner.

>I feel like I've been lifting to long to change to this kind of training though.
Again, 6 months isn't that long at all. There's a big emphasis on quick results on this board, probably due to the impatience that comes with youth, but if you're a natural lifter, it'll take time. It's supposed to take time, especially if you want results that won't go away easily.

I'm not saying that PPL is a bad idea, I'm saying that you shouldn't discount starter programs because you're in a hurry to lose the beginner tag. If you stick to it and have dedication, you'll look back and wonder why you were in a rush.
>>
>>42234713
Full body allows more frequency. You definitely can't hit 3x a week frequency or more on PPL.

Full body also allows better recovery since you will visit the gym less often to hit the same amount of frequency.

Full body is perfect if you don't need to to lots of assistance work. In your case, you don't need assistance exercises if you are a novice since they will only slow you down.
>>
>>42234931
I've found recently that reducing volume has really benefited my training to be honest. This might be why full body would seem ideal. I only do 15 sets for arms and less than 20 for back and they've both started growing like weeds. I can get a chest pump in just eight sets with dumbbells.
>>
>>42235112
>I only do 15 sets for arms and less than 20 for back and they've both started growing like weeds. I can get a chest pump in just eight sets with dumbbells.
Sets or reps?
>>
>>42235184
Sets. Is that still too high or something? I get a sick arm pump with just those fifteen sets. My back workout used to have forty sets and I started making better gains when I cut that volume in half.
>>
>>42235203
It's all about what you want. If you want to bulk up and put on mass quickly, lower the sets and increase reps. I do full body workouts with maybe 10 sets each workout. And half of those are warmups. 5x5 is not a meme, it works if you want to put on mass quickly.

If you're just looking to stay toned then stick with what you're doing.
>>
Full body allows for frequency and is less time consuming.
Ppl allows for higher volume per bodypart.
I think many people underestimate the amount of progress you cam actually make on a full body program, no matter if you aim for size or strength.
Another benefit with full body is that it's easier to fit in some cardio, developing the most important muscle in your body
>>
>>42234679
PPL is a brosplit though lol
>>
>>42235476
A brosplit is when you split all the muscle groups into their own days, which is what I do. PPL is what people like Athlean-X use. What makes me interested by it is that an absolute twink like Cassady Campbell actually started to look like he lifted as soon as he started doing PPL.
>>
>>42235532
Push-chest/tris/shoulder
Pull-Biceps/back
Legs
Seems like a brosplit to me, just not as roid fueled as if each group was getting it's own days. Most gym goers don't use a split like they anyway, they usually group muscles together like in a PPLesque split, choosing to group together triceps/chest, Biceps/back, and legs/shoulder. It's sub par compared to upper/lower and full body
>>
>>42235586
you're retarded, brosplit is literally once a week on every specific muscle group

even if ppl is split, you still do compounds, and you do it twice every week so you're not sitting for 6 days waiting to do chest again
>>
>>42235532
>>42235586
bro-split means working each muscle group once a week
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.