[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fish oil, does it actually make a difference? I hear a lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: fish-oil-bottle.jpg (98KB, 450x767px) Image search: [Google]
fish-oil-bottle.jpg
98KB, 450x767px
Fish oil, does it actually make a difference? I hear a lot of people saying they take fish oil on this board, but what for? I understand omega 3s are healthy, but all the benefits ice heard of are to do with general health not getting swole. Are there any /fit/ specific benefits to fish oil, or is it just something my dad takes because he's old and falling apart?
>>
>>42230799
Some studies say it improves heart health, some studies that say it does absolutey jack shit.
>>
Naw bro it's just for general health. Supposed to help a little with sore joints, but just take glutamine.
>>
>>42230799
I don't crave fish anymore, it's about the only thing I noticed.
>>
For me it helps with the joints, I also noticed I rarely get sick since I started taking it last year
>>
>>42230976
Do people actually crave fish?
>>
Helps with all the cholesterol from eating all those whole eggs.
>>
File: seal lol.jpg (61KB, 465x369px) Image search: [Google]
seal lol.jpg
61KB, 465x369px
>>42230976
(you)
>>
>>42230992
I'm a person and yes, A couple times a week I'd be nuts for a simple McDonalds Fish sandwich, I ended up buying salmon, Tilapia and scallops until I stared taking fish oil. I rarely feel the cravings I once did as a kid, though once in a blue moon I go ham on olives.
>>
>>42231126
You weren't craving fish, you were craving disgusting fast food.
>>
>>42231143
As a child, probably, when I got older no.
>>
>>42230799
Likely causes more harm than good, same with 99% of all supplements. Eating your nutrients will always be superior to taking something that Xion Chang from china cooked up in his bathtub. Fish oil supplementation specifically has been linked to agressive prostate cancer.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fish-oil-friend-or-foe-201307126467
>>
I get depressed if I go more than a day without fish oil

All studies confirm it as the god supplement
>>
I've always heard on /fit/ that serious lifters take it for joint pain.
>>
>>42231199
Fish oil is 100% safe when daily intake does not exceed 3000mg.
>>
>>42231199
Can you even read, It was vitamin E that was linked to increased risk in prostate cancer. They found elevated levels of Omega 3s in those that did develop prostate cancers.

Correlation != Causation
>>
>>42230992
kek.
>>
>>42231199
>agressive prostate cancer.
>Some research suggests diets high in fatty fish or fish oil supplements might reduce the risk of certain cancers, including prostate cancer.

u wot
>>
Fish oil helps with burning fat.
>>
>>42230799

I take one capsule of 1360mg a day and its disgusting, the smell permeates the capsule so it stinks to high heaven and tastes like im actually drinking a fish. Its my least favourite supplement to actually take but its got good health benefits.
>>
Dr. David Perlmutter goes on about some recent and less recent science that says that the main thing about fish oil intake is to get a gram of DHA a day, with the intake of EPA being slightly less important.

This is during a discussion about remaining healthy while in a Ketogenic state, so I don't know if the increased lipid metabolism modulates that. It's important, he says, even when considering things like preventing depression.
>>
>>42231276
Careful, a good product does not smell awful. Yours is probably contamined or old, and a health risk. Get rid of those.

>>42230799
It lowers cholesterol and lowers your chances of getting a cardiovascular complication.
>>
>>42231350

It's not awful by normal standards, it's only got a vaguely fishy smell but I had a bad experience with fish and cant stand it.
>>
>>42231236
>>42231245
>>42231258

Butthurt supplement shills detected. Isolated nutritional compounds rarely, if ever, cause preferable patient outcomes.

Whats wrong with eating some natural fatty acids?
>>
>>42230799
fish oil supplements will make zero difference to your health and cost you a lot of money

eating oiley fish will make a hugely positive difference to your health and cost you a lot more of money

that's what the current best science says. /thread
>>
>>42231433

Hey, you're the one posting articles that basically say "i dunno lol".
>>
>>42231275
How?
>>
>>42231433
>Isolated nutritional compounds rarely, if ever, cause preferable patient outcomes.

Source.
>>
>>42231568
t. ur mum
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.