[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegetarianism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Why do I only see vegan shit nowadays? Vegetarianism has a shit ton of health/environmental benefits too, with the added benefit of being able to easily take in b vitamins, and it is also cheaper than veganism for most.
>>
It's like any group in society: the radical idiots on the extremity of the group's ideology get the most exposure.
>>
>>42230492
WILL YOU PEOPLE FUCK OFF WITH THE TOFU SHIT ALREADY. VEGANISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER.
>>
>>42230492

Vegetarianism still contributes negatively towards animal welfare, because it makes use of milk, cheese, eggs, etc. The animals involved in the production of those products are still often subjected to mistreatment and poor living conditions, which is why vegans believe it's ultimately better to cut out animal products altogether.
>>
File: lolniggers.jpg (215KB, 472x1636px) Image search: [Google]
lolniggers.jpg
215KB, 472x1636px
>>42230492
You guys know that I am on and that I am going to post this chart, so why do you bother even? Should I add the carbon footprint to this thing from 2 billion niggers more? Now thats an environmental disaster.
>>
>>42230560
But I don't really care about animal welfare. I do it for the environment and my own health(heart disease runs in my family).
>>
>>42230560
I don't eat dairy and I have my own chickens, from which I get my eggs. I treat my chickens like my pets and I ensure that they're happy and comfortable. Eggs from happy chickens taste better.
>>
>>42230622
Only the most extreme retards would have a problem with that imo
>>
>>42230492
IMHO the best diet is a "flexitarian" which reduces meat and animal product consumption while not eliminating important sources of nutrition. This is the best for both health and the environment. Personally, I avoid mammal meat (beef, pork, lamb, etc.) and milk, and cheese while I continue to eat chicken, fish, yogurt, and eggs - albeit in smaller quantities. I make up for this reduced meat consumption with increased consumption of sources of plant protein (quinoa, lentils, beans, nuts), omega 3s (walnuts, flax), and micro nutrients (fortified foods, supplements).

As for your question, it is because animal products remain an ethical issue, and most vegetarians were motivated by ethics anyway. Also, "vegan" nutritionists are taking advantage of our growing health awareness by making claims that meat products are inherently unhealthy for you in any amount, which is not supported by the evidence.
>>
File: laughing lions.png (216KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
laughing lions.png
216KB, 393x391px
>>42230560
>tfw vegetarian and don't give a shit about '''''animal welfare'''''
>>
>>42230560
>muh animal rights

Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>42230492
in reality vegans are a small few. nobody cares about them irl
so they shill online
>>
Vegetarianism just became too mainstream and the special snowflakes had to seek refuge in the next step.

I don't know where they intend to go when veganism is popular. All-soil and rock diet, or something.
>>
>>42231547
probably something to do with water

anti-tap water gotta buy evian only
>>
Pollo-pescetarianism is the way to go.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.