[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skills to counter the 'dumb meathead' meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 31

File: 1484006924202.jpg (456KB, 1273x1287px) Image search: [Google]
1484006924202.jpg
456KB, 1273x1287px
How do you keep your mind swole, or at the very least socially impressive?
>Be trained classical guitarist
>DYEL wanker just gets done playing 'wonderwall' for the third time on acoustic guitar at party
>Get guitar
>nu-male looking smug like 'this'll be good'
>Noodle around a bit then bust out carcassi study in A minor op.60, no.7
I can't get enough of it, it's so satisfying every single time.
>>
>>42230424
I have a PhD in Chemistry so I don't think I have to prove to anyone that I'm not a dumb meathead
>>
>>42230424
Going to get my msc in applied maths. I don't mind of people think I'm dumb, I hate arguing with people anyway. It's only annoying when someone wants to argue with you about fitness and dieting. But other than that I think I have indeed no other special skills. I can cook and bake.
>>
You don't need to acquire skills to avoid looking like a masthead. literally just don't look like one, it's not difficult. That said, I'm doing a masters in theoretical physics next year
>>
>>42230424
play piano
>>
>>42230424
I typically drop words or phrases from a few languages I know. This usually leads to someone asking if I speak that language, and then I show off my polyglot skills. Most people in my country only speak one language, so to speak more than 2 is especially impressive.
I also know about the New Testament inside-out, so if anyone ever talks about religion or Christianity, I can typically have a decent conversation with them.
>>
>>42230469
What do you do with it? Thinking of doing Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering in uni, something like that
>>
>>42230698
You sound like a bender
>>
>>42230724
rube tbqh
>>
>>42230723
>Chemical engineering
I'm pretty sure that's what Dolph Lundgren has a master's in.
>>
>>42230424
Did you say something cool like
>"Pshhh....Nothing personal kid"
after?
>>
I really enjoy the field of psychology and am going to go for a MSW or Masters in counseling in the next year or so. I am subscribed to a couple of journals and peruse through articles that are of interest to me.
The tricky thing in not looking like a dumb meathead is also not looking like an autist. If there's something you're passionate about it's easy to get carried away in a conversation with someone who isn't nearly as interested in that subject as you are. OP forgot the last part of his greentext:

>people think it's cool for a couple of seconds
>eventually they get bored of watching what is the social equivalent of me ejaculating all over my own face
>disperse to pursue more interesting social interactions than watching me play obscure classical guitar

Honestly OP at a party the guy with the guitar is the guy with the guitar is the guy with the guitar. At least the nu-male had the decency to play something other people could vibe with and sing along to- that makes it a group/social activity. What you do is hold people socially hostage and make them uncomfortable.
>>
>>42230424
>feelling smug playing babby-tier studies
You're even more cancerous than your imaginary rival
>>
>>42230424
Cooking. It will help with your cut/bulk cycles or maintenance too. Also, girls love guys who cook.
>>
>>42230723
I work in corporate now for a big chemical company
My passion is real, wet chemistry. On the bench or in the fume hood working with real chemicals and doing proper research, but theres no money in it.

Honestly if you're smart enough for Chem Eng you're smart enough to do medicine.. just become an MD or a surgeon and make bank brother. I wish I'd gone down that route tbqh.
>>
>>42230424
How steep is the electric guitar learning curve if I have never played any type of music whatsoever?
>>
>>42231019
Depends on what you enjoy playing mate, guitar as an instrument is pretty easy to learn but hard to master
>>
>>42231019
You'll spend the first couple weeks wanting to kill yourself, then learn to play Back in Black (minus the solo) and get cocky, then slowly get better. If you keep practicing you'll get good.
>>
>>42231054
ACDC, Led Zeppelin, early Metallica and Megadeth, normal stuff
>>42231058
How often practice? 1h/day 7 days/week or less?
>>
No, because I don't give a shit.
>>
>>42231099
Ideally an hour a day. I wish I had stuck with it because I'd be way better than I am now, but at least pick it up every day and try it out. Once you learn how to play the songs you like, then you start making up your own stuff.
>>
File: 1474647444398.png (65KB, 220x313px) Image search: [Google]
1474647444398.png
65KB, 220x313px
>>42231099
>early Megadeth
Take it easy buddy, Mustaine is an infinitely better musician than the other bands you listed. Don't get frustrated and practice a lot of other simpler stuff to get your chops right.
Once you get comfortable with your instrument, be sure to practice with a metronome or a backing track.
One hour per day would be pretty damn solid if it's your first instrument, remember that music is not a contest and if you don't have fun playing, you probably will stop practising
>>
>>42231099
>ACDC, Led Zeppelin, early Metallica and Megadeth
>Normal stuff
You mean emo screamo bullshit?
>>
>>42231193
Agree with this guy.

Easy bands to learn

Nirvana (yes, play Smells Like Teen Spirit, the solo is super easy as well)

certain Metallica songs, just for the riffs so you can learn how to play faster (Master of Puppets opening, Enter Sandman)

ACDC (every song of theirs is the same)

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd

Any Neutral Milk Hotel song

I could go on, but you can do pretty much any basic rock group. Once you start going into metal you'll find it hard. Also stay away from LZ, Jimmy Page is way better than he sounds
>>
>>42231019
In the first year you'll see significant progress if you keep at it. By the second year you'll think you know everything and become a show off. Afterwards, if you persist, you'll realize you know nothing, and you can start studying for real.
>>
>>42231174
>then you start making up your own stuff
Woah, I don't want to squat 6 plate just yet. Let me be able to play smoke on the water seamlessly and without a cheat sheet first and we'll see about creativity later
>>42231193
My early teens were full of rust in peace and Gianna Michaels. Those were the days.

Yeah anyway, I don't know what is easy and what is hard, or where to start.
(That is sort of a question which you may answer)
>>42231232
Almost missed that, quote me next time too. Thanks.
>>42231363
That sounds daunting and horrible. Will I need a tutor?
>>
>>42231437
>That sounds daunting and horrible. Will I need a tutor?
It's just growing pains. I can assure you the process is quite satisfying. And the 'know nothing' moment is usually an epiphany that sets you on the specialization you want. Keep in mind that there are many styles of guitar and many types of music, and you won't know which is for you until you try them. Also it's not like your skills from the first two years become useless, you'll just need to refine them for what you like.
As for the tutoring part, I would say you don't need one. there's a wealth of resources online on every minor conceivable detail of the craft. I wish there was a youtube when I started out, honestly. The only way a tutor would help is by making you stick to a schedule, or provide extra motivation or inspiration, with the occasional correction of physical posture and hand positions. That's my opinion at least, your mileage may vary.
>>
>>42230424
Kek. Very nice OP. I used to train in classical guitar when I first started university. Learn a shit ton of technique, pieces by Bach, some nerd stuff like To Zanarkand by Uematsu, some Tárrega pieces as well. Don't really party anymore so never get to show off. But I've been there. I know that feel anon.

But to answer your question, I think having a degree and being financially secure is the first way to counter the dumb meathead meme. Dressing right and being /fa/ and not wearing brotanks everywhere.

It's just good to be a renaissance man. Nu-males are often one trick ponies.
>>
>>42231484
So do I search for "self learning electric guitar for dummies" and click on the first result?
And do I buy used or new? How many european shekels?
>>
File: 1491169512311.jpg (402KB, 1235x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1491169512311.jpg
402KB, 1235x1600px
>>42231528
That being said, I also have a master's in economics.

A-anyone else here study econ? I work for the federal government now so it turned out pretty well for me. Any success on your guys' end?

Another note. Does anyone else feel they "grew up" with other anons here? I swear even just 5 years ago when I was 21 I never saw a PhD or master's on here. I'm sure there were here and there, but now I see them in a shit ton of threads here, /biz/, /pol/, even fucking /x/.
>>
>>42231556
Why the fuck would you browse any of those boards
>>
>>42231573
Always been a horror fan, so I /x/. It's good late night before bed or during October.

Economics obviously fits into /biz/.

/pol/ for the bantz.
>>
>>42230469
Dolf?
>>
>>42231590
>Economics obviously fits into /biz/.
I thought it was pure shitposting, should I start browsing?
>>
>>42231532
"beginner electric guitar lesson" on youtube gives you a lot of options. Just find a bearable one and get into it. I'm sure you could find similar books as well.
As for guitars, it really depends on the budget. Currently, even the cheapo guitars are fairly good quality compared to what it was years ago. Look at Yamaha Pacifica, Squier Affinity, or Jackson. New is fine, but I wouldn't go over 250eur. Honestly, as a beginner, you should choose the guitar that looks and feels good to you. You can't yet judge the sound quality or the resonance or the pickup characteristics, but if the guitar is attractive to you, so if you like it in some way, there is a greater chance you'll pick it up and practice.
For amplification, people use their computers these days, but I would recommend a small digital effects processor to play around with. You'll learn about the different effects, amps and so on, and once you know what you like you can invest in some real gear. Those digital multiprocessors are all quite similar to eachother in the lower price range, so just go with Vox, Zoom or Digitech, whatever catches your eye and fits your budget.
Also, if you're in EU, check out the largest store for what's on the market; they have pretty much everything there: thomann.de
>>
>>42230698
You sound like cool guy

Don't neglect old testament, it's got nothing to do with our covenant but has lots of spicy stuff, song of solomon has a whole section where describes in great detail how he's gon' give his waifu the old testament lickaroo
>>
>>42230424
The secret is not being a dumb meathead

If the gym is all you ever do, you are a fucking meathead
>>
I read the Greeks a lot (not memeing here, that is the foundation for understanding literally everything the West has done) as well as some other writers like Nabokov or Bolano. I also read a lot of history, so right now I am reading a general history of the Ottoman Empire and after that I have a history of the arabs in modernity.
Reading books that aren't YA/Comics or written by shitty authors like Gaiman will help a lot.
I've also tried my hand at whittling, so I've made a few crosses and some other stuff but only having a knife is kind of limiting.
>>
>>42230424
doing my computer science undergrad at a 'top 20' university

usually you can just say you're studying computer science and non STEM normies will eat that shit up and think you're smart as shit because 'I tried programming once and it was hard' but name dropping the school and the top 20 thing (which is bs kek but the program is known to be tough) helps when you;re dealing with other STEM people
>>
>>42231211
he means standard hard rock/heavy metal
>>
>>42231744
>Responding to obvious shitposting
Anon...
>>
>>42231739
It really annoys me that a lot of people ignore even modern philosophy and treat the entire field as this dated thing that has no bearing on the present. It's especially grating when people in the sciences do it, despite the fact that philosophy is the proto-science.
>>
>>42230424
That study is pretty dope, I'mma learn that too. Also a classical guitar fag. Normally I just default to BWV 1000 or the Bouree from the first lute suite.
>>
> Be 6'4", 210 escaping skelly mode
> Manage a deli
> Year away from associates in theater
> Two years away from bachelors in Lit
> Three away from teaching credential, then onto masters
> Have black belts in two martial arts
> Have qt supportive nordic 5'11 wife, squeezed out my 11lb aryan looking brick of a son

Life is good brehs let your gains be but a backdrop for your life
>>
>>42231641
It's become a crypto board for the most part. But, I still think it's good information if you can get past the utter shill threads. Before January this year I enjoyed it a lot more.
>>
>>42231641
It's one of the few boards that I personally think perfectly balances shitposting and actual information, but that's just me. After a bit of browsing it shouldn't be hard to avoid the shitposting threads if you choose to.
>>
>>42231758
People don't read older philosophy because
>lmao metaphysics are retarded bullshit
And people don't read newer philosophy because it's normally too hard for them to understand, if the older stuff wasn't.
I think a lot of people would rather get home and binge watch a meme tv show than read anything that isn't JK Rowling or King
>>
>>42231815
Don't forget Patterson he writes the same book every year just in time for mommy to download it on her Amazon Kindle(TM)
>>
>>42230424

If you are Asian and jacked by /fit/ standards, people won't assume you are dumb even if you are a manlet
>>
>>42231717
D'aww, thanks anon. I've been meaning to get into the OT a lot more, as you know it's a very big collection, so it's a bit of a challenge. I've been really getting into Ecclesiastes and Proverbs lately; I mean to study Job in detail quite soon.
>>
>>42230932

Lets be real, if you think you could just walk into medicine because you did engineering then you wouldn't survive medicine.
>>
>>42230469
mirin

going to grad school for aerospace eng, how soul crushingly difficult was getting your phd
>>
>>42230424

can you play math rock? i didnt think so xD
>>
>>42231058
This is incredibly accurate
>>
>>42231853
i think engineering students could memorize just fine
>>
>>42231827
Kek
>>
>>42231893

Cool skill that anybody with an IQ above room temperature could manage to develop.

Call me back when you actually work out what a JMO does everyday and why the suicide rate is so much higher in MDs than in general population.

:kisses:
>>
>>42231893
>being this cocky because you're STEM
lmao
>>
>>42231851
Good man. Can you answer me this. I know we are all equal in the eyes of God and the only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ. But I heard Chuck missler tell us that we are not all equal in heaven, there are rewards when we get up there.
Also finishing up electrical engineering, we're all going to make it lads
>>
>>42231851
Proverbs is just undiluted, immediately applicable wisdom. Just good stuff.

Take your time and don't burnout it's like overtraining your body
>>
Entering uni to do Finance and continuing playing Euphonium where I can for the school.
Is there anything I should prepare for?
>>
>>42231853
>I have never opened a book about fluid dynamics, FEM analysis or oscillations
>Fuck, I don't even know what combustion is
Kys man
>>
>>42231914
not anyone can be a doctor but anyone can be an engineer. i know this due to being smart.
>>
>>42231958

> You have no idea what medicine is or what a doctor actually does.

> The basis of your entire picture has a foundation of that season of Scrubs you watched 10 years ago.

Good reply, faggot.
>>
>>42230424
I'm an engineering student (like probably 90% of /fit/ but still).

I used to play drums and piano, but I suck now. I also enjoy wood whittling and graffiti painting (only on old abandoned buildings obviously).
>>
>>42231945
God is no respecter of persons. I think heaven as a kingdom puts you where you were designed to be. Wherever that is, it's right.

I'm no expert on heaven and generally skeptical on testimonies by people who have been to heaven, except for Jesse Duplantis' heaven testimony (you can find that on youtube).
>>
>>42231939
>>42231914
looks like i struck a nerve

medicine is hard but let's not pretend it requires the same amount of critical thinking as math or physics
>>
>>42230424
while you were having a good time ,enjoying life, and casually playing guitar i locked myself in my room and played opuses . now you will learn
>>
>>42231945
What is your question? The degrees of perfection in heaven comes from a couple of verses, I think a section from Matthew 6 is one of them
>>
>>42231981
Thanks. I only listen to preachers that take the bible as the Divine inspiration of God, I'm a new Christian and know a lot of math and science, been interested in finding more codes in the Bible.
Dark times are coming we will be persecuted for our beliefs( we are ridiculed even today), I'm willing to die are you?
>>
I've already graduated with a degree in mechnical engineering. I specialized in design of composite materials and structural analysis. I like to build computers and try and keep up with the new parts coming out.

Also, as for that whole medicine vs engineering debate going on right now I know I couldn't have done medicine because I'm awful at memorization, however I could recite to you the equations I was using in freshman physics just because I've used them and deviations of them so much. Practice helps me learn more.
>>
>>42231968
youre not black. dont tell me what racism is.

tfw your superior thinking skills allow you to make faulty arguments
>>
>>42231996

Uh yeah savants might be into math or physics, but literally, anybody can apply and get into those degrees.

The average for medicine is what? 4% acceptance? You need a well rounded, extremely intelligent, and socially aware individual.

If you think GPA or ability to memorise is a predictor of your success in a medical program you must be living on sheltered virginal life my man legit I'm not even trying to bully you.
>>
>>42232016
I died and was born again years ago. My physical body is consigned to death whether or not I'm persecuted. If it is to be destroyed for my faith, at least the inevitable physical death was used for the glory of God in some way.
>>
>>42231968
Exactly, I have no idea what a doctor has to study or do, that's why I don't claim that it's easy. Unlike you.
>>
>>42232033
t. not smart enough for physics
>>
>>42230424
I have an engineering degree and I feel that I'm probably smarter now that I lift than when I was studying in college, simply because my sleep and nutrition are much better and I take fish oil religiously.

People probably still think of me more as a nerd than a meathead because I wear glasses and don't really look that swole in clothes.
>>
>>42232056

Feel free to quote where I said medicine was easy?
>>
>>42232033
40%

seems like you dont have a talent for understanding numbers or whats going on in general.
>>
>>42232086
he's a med student, you can't expect him to do math
>>
>>42231914

This post whiffs of Medfag superiority, stop that.
Minus Biochemistry and Microbiology preclinical is something a person with a decent grasp of high school biology should understand. The only problem is the vast amount of content, if you are coming from a degree where memorisation is key you will have an edge period.

We have high suicide rates because of the toxic atmosphere, hierarchy, ridiculous workloads, unrealistic goals set out by the hospital. Nothing to be proud of at all.

>T. Ex engineer who is currently IM resident
>>
File: 1499627572662.png (203KB, 278x325px) Image search: [Google]
1499627572662.png
203KB, 278x325px
46.7% of med students are women
>>
File: unimpressed pepe.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed pepe.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
> it's another medfags vs physics/math autists episode

can't we just be nice and laugh at the liberal arts cucks together?
>>
>>42232121
How about we just agree you can't brag about anything unless you've graduated?
>>
>>42232116
I'd rather that a woman would give me a prostate exam tbqh
>>
>>42232109

If you're equating the pre clinical shit to being a "doctor" then you've already made a mistake.
>>
>>42232163
the more women there are in something, the easier it is, for example:

early childhood education : 99.9% women, 0.1% pedophiles
>>
>>42232173
if you're equating being a ""doctor"" to undergraduate math/physics, you've already made a mistake
>>
>>42232180
Just throwing out there, those two groups aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
How to not be a dumb meathead:
1. Get degree, at least a BA. This leads to job that requires brain activity.
2. Don't quit lifting ever, fitness has positive effects on mental "sharpness."
3. Have hobbies outside of gym.
4. Become cultured. Travel, cook and eat fine food, drink fine wine, listen to good music, learn to appreciate art.
5. Success.
>>
>>42230424
I got a bachelors in Graphic Communications, which is basically all of the software and hardware involved in the commercial printing industry. I work for a print marketing collateral producer, so, any questions that are more technical than can be answered by press operators come to me. Ive established myself as the go to guy for solving niche problems, R & D type issues, software questions, chemistry problems, etc, in addition to my actual responsibilities which involve workflow management and operations work.
I also make an effort to be well dressed. A nice (not gaudy, but quality) watch, a well pressed and fitted button up, and slacks make you look more professional than most people in a business casual office.
Outside of work I am bilingual, I read a lot, do graphic design freelance, build websites, build furniture, award winning drawing and sculpture, I do a little of everything.
I grew up surrounded by incredibly smart people (brother got his phd in mechanical engineering in 6 years, best friend does R&D for nascar, his brother is studying quantum mechanics at Cal Tech, etc) so I can hold my own in a conversation about damn near anything.
>>
>>42232121
Lib art cuck here.
Ended up in accounting and I hate it. (Long story how)
What is a lucrative quick to get into field from here?
I've been interested in diet / exercise but that doesn't really pay much does it?
>>
>>42232205
6. be 6'0", MINIMUM
>>
>>42232121

the problem is you've got the engineers with the mindset of life = doing exams and regurgitating information. they're like oh fuck man these calculations are suber hard n shit hey.

then you've got the med fags trying to make the point that medicine is the heavy study shit + soul crushing life ending monotony/bullying/loneliness/life deciding exams even when you're an MD/dealing with people 24/7/everybody wants your time/holy fuck I've been at this hospital for 80 hours this week and it's not even teh weekend/holy fuck I'm on call this weekend/jesus fucking christ I keep getting paged and all I wanna do is study for my next exam please make it stop .. I can't find time to date anymore .. I haven't had sex in literally 12 months .. I'm so fucking lonely jesus please make it stop I'm going to take my patients insulin and end my fucking life right now I swear it/fuck me how many years before I become a consultant again?

the point is yeah exams are hard .. a lifestyle is kinda harder.
>>
>>42231556
holy milf motherfucking christ
>>
>>42232081
>I don't know how analogies work
You haven't studied engineering but you claimed it's easier than medicine
>>
>>42232225
how did this turn into undergraduate engineering vs. being an actual doctor?

i think the argument was that the material by itself is more difficult in STEM than it is in pre-clinical, not that being an undergrad engineer is harder than being a doctor (that's retarded)
>>
>>42232241

Feel free to quote where I said any of that.
>>
>>42232173

Oh so you meaning History & Examination, differential diagnosis, communicating well and the sort. All of these come only with practice not because of some inherent quality only medical student possess.
Observe an MS3 on the wards at the beginning of the year, I guarantee you'll think some of them were just pulled off the street.
>>
>>42232225
>an engineer's challenges end once he finishes school
>>
>>42232254
>>42231853
>>
>>42231771
please don't be some liberal faggot who teaches our youth degenerate values, and cuckolds everyone into fucking niggers.

Anon, pls.
>>
>>42231771
>210
>skelly mode

It's ok to call yourself skinny fat
>>
>>42232253

because medicine doesn't end once you get the paper, it doesn't end for like 15 years dude, that's the entire point.

you guys must be confused as fuck if you think you just get the MD and then you're like a hot nigga.

word to the wise: a junior doc earns less than a nurse and works twice as long per day and covers more patients per day.

you want to be an actual big boy doctor? you owe your fucking tight shithole for a decade bro .. do you not understand that? I got engineers in here talkin about a fucking diploma and they don't realise MD doesn't end at the diploma the ass fucking starts at the diploma.

i got engineers tryin to tell me they can walk into an MD because they do calculations or someshit .. you don't get it .. the MD is the contract you sign with the devil and your anus is what you're paying.

THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS DISAGREEMENT BRO HOLY SHIiiAUu
>>
>>42232220
Certainly helps but unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>42232262

> Quote where I said something

> Quotes an at best tangentially related sentence.

Good one. Try again? 50 tokens
>>
>>42232281

>I got engineers tryin to tell me they can walk into an MD

The key thing here and what stemmed this discussion was they can. No one is arguing life as a doctor is easy.
>>
>>42232281
>they don't realise MD doesn't end at the diploma the ass fucking starts at the diploma.
Spoken like someone who has never met an actual engineer in his life
Do you think we get our master's and proceed to immediately become CEOs?
>>
>>42232281
>because medicine doesn't end once you get the paper
Gee fucking wizz I forgot engineering ended once I got my paper. Man what have I been doing all this time? I guess according to you it isn't engineering because it ended when I graduated.
>>
>>42232281
glad I didn't go into medicine then
>>
>>42232310

thats the entire point bro you couldn't just walk into an MD program. you got faggots who strategically plan out their entire life to maybe get accepted to an MD program.

here's the catch: nearly every faggot applying is one of these people.

you may not believe it but md programs usually take the uh how do you put it kinda fucking 10/10 applicants? and thats the 10/10 applicants from people who are already above average.

every faggot has some story about his grandma bein sick and that inspiring him to be a doctor or someshit

but can you actually hang? legit dude I could start an engineering degree next time a semester starts .. could I reapply for med? naw I'd get my booty blasted most likely.

people prepare for years just for a shot to actually get accepted and the majority wont get in.

and say you do get in? what's the phrase associated with med school? drinking from a fucking fire hydrant. cos they want you to die in the process dude. i get it, you do calculations, you memorise formulas, you're hot as fuck holy shit dude .. but these programs are designed to bombard your booty with 1 years worth of material per semester and examine you on the content incessantly .. can you actually hang?

like be honest .. could you really hang?

you get to clinicals .. can you hang with opiate abusers? can you hang with MD egos? can you hang with 14 hour days? can you hang with the fucking monotomy of an MD life .. because you might have an MD but you sure as fuck aren't a doctor.

that's the entire point .. you're focused on the diploma but you're neglecting the fact the diploma is valueless unless you suffer the decade+.

it's hard to make somebody who hasn't experienced it appreciate what doctors do everyday in a hospital setting.

like it was said: there is a reason why doctor suicide rates are so high, that's not a joke.
>>
I'm a fucking brainlet so I want to compensate by being a big fucking ogre and becoming some sort of body guard idk

Also I sing quite well
>>
>>42232334
do you work an internship for 4 years after graduating from an 8 year degree, all the while making peanuts ?
>>
Holy shit the engineering undergrads ITT are complete faggots. Just admit that becoming a doctor is harder and more time consuming than becoming an engineer, and yes, that includes the undergrad. I say this as an engineering student. You faggots who say that an average engineering job is more stressful than the average "doctor's" (I'm even talking about the ones who haven't completed residency so they're not even doctors yet) are legit retarded.
>>
>>42232041
What do you mean you died? I've heard of being born again but do born again Christians believe that their old selves die? That what they've done in the past wasn't them?
t. Catholic
>>
>>42232702
Yeah man, the whole point of engineering is making good money while not working like a madman all your life.
>>
>>42230424
>all the stem and medicine faggots arguing over whose better and whose smarter
after dropping out of chem eng i realised how boring this shit is lmao
>>
>>42231750
sorry
>>
>>42230424
>Skills to counter the 'dumb meathead' meme
I don't have any.
Why should I?
I let them think what they want and use that to my advantage when I deem it necessary. Most times I simply behave in a way that I want regardless of what people think or want to think of me.
>>
I graduated with an average of 92/100 definitely not a meathead.
>>
>>42230932
>Honestly if you're smart enough for Chem Eng you're smart enough to do medicine

chemeng is 4 years, medschool is 8 at least
>>
File: pinecone.jpg (110KB, 950x607px) Image search: [Google]
pinecone.jpg
110KB, 950x607px
>>42232827
I think he meant he was born again, or died by being in a very dark place or w/e and then born again.
If he's talking about reincarnation, it's heresy.
I was Catholic growing up, put look at the history of the church and it's doctrines, a lot is heresy anon. I'm non-denominational, just read the Bible and read theology. Not trying to pick a fight, just lead you in the right way. God Bless.
http://www.eaec.org/cults/romancatholic.htm
>>
>>42232702
Medschool is all about brute-forcing. You usually study 8 hours a day besides going to classes. How many people have the dedication and attention span to do that?
Outside a few classes, it's about memorizing shit.
It's fucking hard because a very few people are willing to do it, not because a very few people are capable of it in theory
>>
>>42231556
That MILF, breh
>>
>>42230817
>the guy with the guitar is the guy with the guitar is the guy with the guitar
truely anon, you are a modern day poet
>>
>>42233497
I'm going to stay an Irish Catholic until the day I die
>>
>>42231870
If your uni offers a 1 year postgrad course doing a masters in research, do that.
If you can do an MRes, you can do a PhD.
>>
File: Saturn Worship.jpg (4MB, 4049x5558px) Image search: [Google]
Saturn Worship.jpg
4MB, 4049x5558px
>>42233589
More power to you. As long as you believe in the Divinity of Jesus Christ and that by believing in him your are saved, that's all I care about. I look to further my understanding of God in any way, and stay away from the Gnostic traps.
Protip: the Pope is a Jesuit, look at the history of them.
>>
>>42231853
>if you think you could just walk into medicine

Nobody can "just walk into medicine". It's a diffuclt subject that requires a lot of study and dedication which is why I never said that at all. But if you have the intelligence and the will to study your ass off for a decent Chem Eng degree, you could most certainly put that intelligence and effort into med.
>>
>>42232281
are you ok anon? you sound stressed as hell... did your asian parents push you a lil too hard?
>>
>>42233648
Jesus is the man. Why is that mural in bank of America? Idlike to know more and if you have any more pictures like this
>>
>>42232281
lmao. you should get into medschool because youre actually passionate about this shit. you forgot the fact that its incredibly rewarding and can be a good experience. if you only see the negative side of it, its not for you.
also, you shound like a first year student or something, it will get better m8 just hang on
>>
>>42231363
>In the first year you'll see significant progress if you keep at it. By the second year you'll think you know everything and become a show off. Afterwards, if you persist, you'll realize you know nothing, and you can start studying for real.
accurate.

For piano playing all the notes correctly is just the very basic, once you do that then you really start learning how to play the song. How you strike the keys for a different tone/inflection matter.
>>
File: bankofamerica_illumanti.jpg (533KB, 1752x4064px) Image search: [Google]
bankofamerica_illumanti.jpg
533KB, 1752x4064px
>>42233793
Ask and you Shall recieve. I usually post on /x/, a quick rundown on things would take hours and hours to explain everything. If you believe in Jesus, that is the final red pill but not the whole story of how our society is corrupt.
This video is a very quick rundown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blSdoxCff1s
>>
>>42230424
I'm a doctor, and I hang out pretty exclusively with other doctors. Pretty much none of them lift. I have a 1,300+ total. It's not a crazy total, but I can comfortably be certain that whatever room I'm in while I'm at the hospital, I'm the strongest person in that room. Also, nurses love young doctors that are in shape.
>>
>>42233812
>tfw really want to get into med school
Trying to improve my score on the sweSAT (general aptitude test in Sweden) because you couldn't trust 17 year old me to think of the future. I'm close enough to the required score for an improvement to be perfectly possible.

Been reading Camus' The Plague lately and it inspired me even more to go for the career. Bernard Rieux is number one.
>>
Literally all you have to do is open your mouth and people will know you're not a dumb meathead.
>>
>>42233837
Where can I learn more and how far does this go down?
>>
I study math in my free time, idk if it's socially acceptable but that shit is surprisingly interesting.
>>
>>42233663
As somebody that just finished an MD program, this is true. I have friends from undergrad that are in PhD programs for biology and chemistry. You need to be smart to do medicine, but not fucking John Nash smart. It's more about willpower to study and learn something every day, and keep doing it despite having to put in lots of hours. If you are smart enough do well in advanced STEM degrees, you could probably do medicine, if you have the fortitude for it.

>>42233517
>8 hours a day besides going to classes
Most med students are not doing this, despite what they tell you. Most programs will have class from like 8 to 4, then most people will study 3-5 hours a day after that. Some people will be lazy and only do 1-2 hours, but then they have to cram before exams or on weekends, and they don't do as well. It's different when prepping for Step 1 or Step 2 though. Typically that's 8-12 hours of dedicated study each day.

Memorization is a large component of stuff, but understanding the underlying physiology is what matters most. You can memorize what to do with a kid presenting with DKA, but understanding the ins and outs of why they are hyperkalemic yet potassium depleted, dehydrated, etc, is how you do well in school and clinically. It's like any other science or engineering discipline. You have to understand why the shit works the way it does in order to master that subject.
>>
>>42233860
Same. My hatred for society evolved into narcissism so its time to use it
>>
File: saturncult.jpg (494KB, 1556x1002px) Image search: [Google]
saturncult.jpg
494KB, 1556x1002px
>>42233898
>How far does this go down?
All the way anon, back 6000 years. Here is a quick rundown:
>Elites or Illumanti or Freemasons whatever you want to call them, at thier central core doctrine is Luciferian.
>Luciferain is they worship Lucifer, at least the people that believe in him. Lucifer means light bearer, so those that are illumined or enlgingtend are terms for having knowledge
>All stems back to Genesis. In the garden of Eden, they beleive that the Christian God was the evil God and Lucifer brought knowledge to man to free them from thier mortal bodies and become God's themeselves
>God themselves is the core principle, man can decide what is right and wrong, this is what it has always come down to, to go away from God's will
>They see those that are not enlightended as cattle, or goyim. The means justify the end.
>All pantheist religions that find "enlightment" are offshoots of this line of thinking, by finding secert knowledge you too can become gods
>They decieve people and that's how they gain power
>Tower of Babel was defy God again by Nimrod as the Rule
>Rothschilds can trace lineage back to Nimrod
I can go on for hours, but here's a good starting point as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5aq_I_3RQ
>>
File: Saturn.jpg (4MB, 1576x2672px)
Saturn.jpg
4MB, 1576x2672px
>>42234020
>>42233898
Does this all sound crazy, yes of course. You are conditioned to believe anything with conspiracy theory is crazy.
If you saw the wikileaks emails of John Podesta, it leads to many questions. Why so much hidden code, and why pedophilia. And especially the question, why the mention of Moloch.
Moloch is a term not many know, in the Bible, it warns us not sacrifcing children to Moloch. Are things starting to add up?
I was an atheist before this, but I wondered if the people at the top beleive in this and worship Moloch, the devil Lucifer, God had to be real?
Spent a lot of time looking into this, and know I try to spread the word of God to anyone that will listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogSa9xNKrpg
Child sex rings, satanic panic, are all covered up or ignored. This is very real, and they mock us. If you don't care, they already won we truely are goyim
>>
>>42232199
>tfw when ywn be molested by qt teach
>>
>>42232827
That's exactly it. That old sinner was the old me before I became a new spiritual creation in Christ
>>
>2017
>not being an orchardist
>>
>>42231717
Is it possible to learn the language of birds natty?
>>
>>42230424

Have you ever argued with people whose views are tied to their ego rather than beliefs? The meathead meme exists for compensation purposes and works the same. It's ego warfare. If you have to be with that person for an extended period of time then you'll have to win them over. If you just want to hurt them you need to ridicule them or just show off to the other people and get mired instead.
>>
>>42232033
lol everyone gets accepted but who survives the degree
>>
>>42231556
>42231556
I want to be that bike seat very badly
>>
>>42230424
I read some classic shit, when i am bored and in public.
Right now, i am going through Frankenstein. I got through my eternal book backlog with that strategy and it works.
>>
>>42230469
>MS Electrical Engineering with an electronics/comp sci focus
>Minor in philosophy with a focus on logic and critical thought

>tfw every time I work in a new lab people treat me like a lost child because I look like a meathead

Best case scenario, people assume I'm with management or security.
Worst case scenario, people assume I'm a delivery guy.
>>
>>42234020
my friend's dad is a mason and he says all they do is get wasted and give each other discounts on their respective businesses.
>>
>>42235050

I've heard the same. I guess they aren't as relevant anymore.

>>42234020

Oi preacher man, two things. First, while this sounds interesting and all you also come off a little "newly enlightened". You know, like when people are newly introduced in a philosophy and act like they're the only ones who know the Truth. And while they'll try to share it, they'll do so with a self-satisfied air.
Second, I have a theory that you might find interesting but right now I'm tired and later I'll be various kinds of autistic (probably either paranoid or agoraphobic). Where can I find you if I get over my autism?
>>
Im doing a major in criminology and have a high gpa at a good uni it's not too hard

Should i go to law school or join the army
>>
>>42230424
Gotta keep your mind swole, but don't try to show off how smart you are to impress people. You'll come across as a try-hard autist and embarrass yourself.

People can tell if your'e smart or not by talking to you. Being a halfway decent conversationalist is probably enough to counter any assumptions that you're a 'dumb meathead.'
>>
File: 1464118435191.jpg (151KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1464118435191.jpg
151KB, 612x612px
>>42231914
breh im final year med school. Stop lying, other fields deserve their hard earned respect for the level of required knowledge.
For those looking to pursue med, grab your balls and go thru with it all the way and accept that it takes a lot of sacrifice from your life in every aspect from gains, socializing, friends, family, and finances
>>
>>42235693
nearing end of dedicated step 1 prep desu, about to kms myself. How did you get through it? how many hours a day did you actually study during?
>>
>>42231556
I have a bachelors. I just graduated. Any advice on what jobs to apply to?
>>
I'm a physics grad student, so TAing a new group is always fun, since I'm not a social autist like the previous TAs the students might have had.

Really all being moderately muscular has helped with is that it makes me more authoritative off the bat, but even then you still get it purely from standing at the front of the room anyways.
>>
I hate being seen as the mean guy just because I'm serious.
>>
>>42230469
You think you're smart because you have a PhD, so you probably are an idiot in reality.
>>
>>42231853
Lets be real here.
Medicine is just memorization.
Engineering is just problem solving.

There are medical jobs that require more creativity and medical jobs that require more memorization.

There are engineering jobs that require more creative problem solving and engineering jobs that require more memorization.

For anyone who is capable of putting in the work to get an engineering degree or make it to med school, they are likely capable of functioning in the other field.

If you can pass the FE exam for chemical engineering, you can 100% make it into med school with similar work.
If you can make it into med school then you can 100% get an engineering degree and pass the FE exam.

Getting your Doc in medicine, I would say, takes more time than getting your PE in engineering, but the work is not any harder.

Both processes are designed to put you under stress and either train you to function under it, or weed you out if you can't.
Both the doctor and the engineer with a PE license have lives depending on them.

When the PE engineer signs their name on a set of plans they are legally promising that their designs are safe and sound and that they will take responsibility for any damage, injury, or death that results from design failure.

The same thing happens when a doctor signs their name on a care order or a prescription. They're promising that, to the best of their knowledge and ability, the course of action they've signed off on is a benefit to their patient.

[cont]
>>
Pleasure reading cures brainletism but it's not really commonly done anymore
>>
I'm a programmer with a fixation over clean architecture. I change my job often, usually when I get bored with project. I can always see those surprised dyel faces when I perform well on a technical interview.
>>
>>42236138
The key difference is in where the stress arises in each career.

The doctor typically faces long-term, low-level stress from dealing with sick or injured people every day.
They also deal with acute problems in patients that cause spikes of stress.

Trauma doctors in particular have to learn to handle massive spikes in pressure and tension that come over and over and over again. Some days they may deal with a multi-car pileup and have 8 patients to try to save. Other times they'll go a week with no significant problems and then have to endure a period of two weeks of daily emergencies.

So medical school and residency reflects this. It's designed to train doctors to perform without sleep, without food, under both long-term pressure and acute pressure. But creativity is not often a focus here. Rather, you're trained to autopilot a series of "best practices" for a given emergency.

Engineering is very different. You face deadline stress, cost stress, business stress, long design, testing, and production timelines, etc. You don't generally face as many emergencies, but instead must sustain a long-term project for perhaps YEARS without giving up on it and without caving under the pressure and while keeping the project's entire history in mind.

Doctors see new patients frequently. Most engineers don't get to work on a different project every day. So engineering classes train you to put 12 hours a day into studying the topic of your focus, day in and day out, semester after semester.

You start out studying calculus and physics and fundamental engineering like statics, dynamics, fluids, electricity, etc. But as you progress in your area of focus, you begin spending less time on supporting topics and more time on JUST, for example, photovoltaics or electric cars or nuclear generator designs or whatever.
>>
I do a lot of martial arts and it requires a lot of brain power but is still mostly considered a physical hobby. If you read enough bigger words eventually find their way into your day to day speech
>>
>>42236230
You see the similarities between docs and engineers here.
If you can sit down for 12 hours and take notes on the hydraulic properties of various gases and their viability in industrial machinery, you can absolutely sit down for 12 hours and take notes on the documented effectiveness of various types of chemotherapy on specific pancreatic cancers.

Most of the skills are the same.

And beyond that, humans are systems themselves. We're organic machines. Medicine is virtually a very specialized form of engineering, which is why biomedical engineering is exploding in popularity. We're engineering more and more synthetic organic tissues and prosthetic limbs and organs all the time. The two fields are slowly blending.

There aren't many differences.

Some engineers face the same life-or-death pressure doctors do. Petroleum engineers working on oil platforms are going without sleep, living in cramped quarters, doing dirty, dangerous work that, if they fuck up, can easily kill everyone on the rig and trigger an environmental disaster.

Inversely, many doctors do not become ER docs or trauma surgeons and choose instead to work in laid back family clinics where the main topic is how to communicate to Agnes how important her insulin shots are, or how to keep little Justin from flipping the supply cart when it's time for him to get his booster shots so he can start kindergarten next month.

So it becomes clear that discipline is the primary common factor between the two jobs. And if you can become disciplined enough to succeed at one, you can likely succeed at the other.
>>
>>42232225
Engineers solve group problems. We don't even have to memorize formulas, they give them to us. The point is using them to solve problems that involve critical thinking.

Medfags are the ones that regurgitate bone names and muscle groups. They run them ragged in medschool, but let's not kid ourselves about which one actually requires more critical thinking.
>>
>>42230424
>some faggot singing while strumming a few chords on acoustic
>all girls are wet
>ask if I can play something
>start noodling rings of saturn - faces imploding
>everyone drys up
>give the guitar back
>never get called back
>>
>>42230759
*personnel
>>
>>42232199
>>42232180
>>100% women
>>100% pedos
>>
>>42232016
I'd like to state that

3.1416 × 10^17 = π × 10^17 =/= π
>>
I read, a lot. Talking books with people makes you seem like a real cultured cunt, and might also make them perceive you as a homosexual.
I also love to talk about Italian food and wine, shooting, hunting, ballistics and handloading, diving, beer brewing, carpentry and home improvement, farming fruit and vegetables, sailing, fishing, electronic music, radio, seafood and I also like to listen to other people talk about things they're passionate about. If you ask questions to show that you're following, it helps.
I also speak some Italian and German in addition to my native languages and English.
Most of all, I don't dress like a typical "dumb meathead".
>>
>>42236656
you also like to talk about how much you like to talk about things, because you're a dumb ass.
>>
File: sects.gif (10KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
sects.gif
10KB, 400x350px
>>42235384
Ask away, I spent a lot of time researching this. Most Masons won't know this as well, only the highest degrees know the truth, most won't know the Jesuits own the freemasons. Not everyone is in on the big plan of New World Order, the father is probably a good person with best intentions.
And yea, your criticism is very valid, good on you, always ask questions. Follow the money, I'm not trying to sell anything, what do I have to gain from willfully deceiving you?
>>
I've been reading some basic philosophy and literature to try to be more cultured. I know a lot about cartoons, video games and manga. I sing well and play guitar a bit and speak 3 languages.

I'm nothing special, but I like to stare at pic related when I'm feeling insecure about manletism (tfw found out yesterday I was an inch shorter than I thought)
>>
I'm quite eloquent and am very knowledgeable in a few subjects so people don't tend to assume I'm a dumb meathead
>>
>>42230424
Apparently I talk very intelligently, so that helps.

So does dressing well and not wearing gym gear or something like that everywhere.

In fact, social intelligence makes up for most of your perceived intelligence, so social gains are something you should be cultivating.

If you want people to think you're not a meathead then stop trying and be honest about yourself if you're actually a smart dude. Don't try to be a tryhard either.
>>
>>42230424

I know how to solve a rubik's cube.
It takes like a week to learning the algorthms and impresses the shit out of normies.
>>
Op, look at this thread. You do realize everyone on fit is a genius right?

Everyone on thsi board is an engineer, computer scientist, doctor, etc making a shit ton of money, smart as fuck, ripped, social gods too
>>
>/fit/ - Engineer or Doctor
>>
>>42230424
>trained classical guitarist
>plays an easy as fuck study in an attempt to impress people

Yeah you really owned him!!!!!!
>>
>>42236690
?
>>
>>42237537
It's not like medicine, technology, and engineering are obscure fields for young men that browse dank memes on Bosnian seltzer water enthusiast boards.
>>
>>42231556
How does it feel knowing you have a master's in what is basically modern astrology?
>>
>>42236124
t. high school dropout
>>
>>42230424
>tfw earning my phd in mathematics
>do the same shit as OP but with jazz guitar
>>
File: 1488747363331.jpg (88KB, 846x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488747363331.jpg
88KB, 846x960px
>>42236762
I believe you
>>
>>42236777
I've been told I sing well too. What's the best way to get chicks to dig it, you tracking?
>>
File: 1358822699504.jpg (2KB, 120x117px) Image search: [Google]
1358822699504.jpg
2KB, 120x117px
>>42231232
>tfw you've played guitar for nearly ten years like it's a video game so all you want to do is learn harder and harder stuff with no intention of ever writing music

I can't jam or improvise anything but fuck can I ever play the hell out of some Jeff Loomis & Animals As Leaders.
>>
>>42236124
Player Hating Degree
>>
>>42231739

If you enjoy you don't have to give a fuck

I enjoy reading autistic information about rome history and ancient history

I also play Go which honestly is full of autistic people (like me), but i don't give a fuck, I just enjoy it.

People have never took me for a meathead though, because my body language is too autistic so they usually think i'm some sort of hipster meathead wannabe
>>
>>42231853

I have a friend who aced 5 years in medicine, dropped because of vocational issues and now has done 3 years in engineering and is having issues with some courses
>>
>>42232302
Not him but honestly if you can survive engineering you can survive med, unless you're grossed out by blood or something.

Both degrees require an absolutely ridiculous amount of mental fortitude for just how much of your life you need to sacrifice during the degree.

Then there's Elec & BioMedical Eng which look down on both med and eng students for how easy their programs are in comparison.
>>
>>42231853
Yeah from firsthand experience Chem E is way more challenging than medicine.
>>
>>42236324
>>42236230
>>42236138
This was the longest post I have ever read on 4chan and I enjoyed it. Thanks for breaking it down anon.
>>
>>42231939
But medicine legitimately is a lot less difficult than really quantitative physical sciences or engineering...
>>
>>42232225

>if i choose a more stressful lifestyle it means it's a more mentally challenging one

medfags can't into thinking, they just trust the big pharma about everything
>>
why is the fitness board spending this much time and effort discussing doctors vs engineers?
>>
>tfw translation brainlet

languages are the only thing I can do...
>>
>>42232702

I fucking keked, you are so assblasted about someone thinking you are a lazy underachiever motherfucker holy shit grow up

you are great anon, you are a success, stop feeling shitty about yourself
>>
>>42238387

dick inspection day
>>
>>42236124
Lmao holy shit the delusion. You're making it pitifully obvious you've never set foot in masters program or higher.
>>
>>42238366
Idk about that man, engineering is very formulaic, you learn the methodology and apply it over at over again. Medicine students have to learn a whole bunch of shit by rote. Neither are easy but they're difficult in different ways.

>t. Mech Eng grad
>>
>>42238724
as someone who went from engineering to medicine
engineering requires you to think. its good for some people but i was always panicking whether im gonna understand this or drop out.
medicine is a safer way in a sense that you just have to memorize 90% of the time. understanding it isnt much harder than understanding high school biology (compared to hs math vs uni math where the difference is huge), its just simply more.
>>
File: 1497841815301.jpg (26KB, 506x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497841815301.jpg
26KB, 506x960px
>>42238350
>tfw Electrical Eng thinking of going back to school for Biomedical because prostheses are cool as fuck
>>
>>42239073
>i was always panicking whether im gonna understand this or drop out.

I know this feel, worse thing out there, you could be at your last year in university but if you don't get something you are absolutely fucked (since once you get more into advanced stuff you have less explanations and less books to research things from)
>>
File: 1495903174925.png (417KB, 491x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495903174925.png
417KB, 491x500px
>>42239073
>>42238724
>yfw mathematically modeling induction via electromagnetic flux from three different coils to determine the torque on each coil's support and predict a functional lifetime

"formulaic"
>>
>>42239990
You already have the piece of paper proving "I'm at least a pretty smart guy," you can work on literally anything you want
If you think prostheses are cool, then get a job somewhere along the supply chain of prosthetic manufacturing; of course they need electrical engineers. At this point, you build expertise on-site, nobody would care if you got another degree. You have enough tangential knowledge that you'll make yourself useful.

Quote me on this, degrees are just a way for twenty-somethings to prove that they aren't as much of a liability to hire as some of the other twenty-somethings. They are by and large meaningless after your first job.
>>
>>42240047
I'm a math major and the shit you fuckers do in application makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out. I haven't taken a physics course since freshman year after acing AP physics earlier in life. You guys are fucking bananas.
>>
>>42240072
Truth. As was implied in:
>>42236138
>>42236230
>>42236324
Much of the value of a degree is in proving you can get the job done under stress and stick out a multi-year process of continual effort.
>>
File: 457e69eeb6991f7bf16f7aef37b82e17.png (270KB, 923x1135px) Image search: [Google]
457e69eeb6991f7bf16f7aef37b82e17.png
270KB, 923x1135px
>>42240098
plz stop inventing new math
We're full.
>>
File: hannibal[1].jpg (59KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
hannibal[1].jpg
59KB, 500x561px
>>42240167
I said major not doctorate
I found out very quickly I wasn't smart enough to make the new shit

>tfw you weren't born soon enough to have all the new shit ripe for the inventing like Cantor did
>tfw even if you had been you wouldn't have discovered shit because you're literally just not smart enough
>>
>>42240190
Preach.

You spend 90% of physics classes learning about how some guy, mostly on his own, discovered something like the laws of motion, or calculus, or the speed of sound, or that white light could be split into the spectrum of colors we normally see.

That was all Newton.

Centuries of Newtons and Einsteins and Faradays and Galileos inspire us to discover something new, but it seems like everything accessible to a single person or even a typical lab has been figured out. Now you need multinational teams running a billion dollar supercollider to make a new discovery, and it takes years to build the thing, years of running the thing, and then years of analyzing data from the thing to publish something alongside a dozen other people.
>>
>>42240250
the amazing part is that even as far as we've come there's probably still room for more singular savants capable of furthering the field to points previously inconceivable
intuitive understanding on that level is once-per-generation, but it will come and we will all bear witness
it's the brain version of being born with perfect insertions
>>
>>42230565
>theoretical
pleb
>>
>>42231532
https://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php
If you are still here
>>
>>42230424
I'm an engineer.
Though most importantly, I also wear glasses.
>>
>>42236406
you played rings of saturn on an acoustic?
>>
where do you fall?
>>
>>42237715
>muh econ is fake meme
Nigger, you know econometrics is extremely highly respected right?
>>
>>42230424
degree in physics w/ honours and working on my PhD

just don't look like a meathead, the more you look like jim wendler the worse

>>42231556
god almighty
>>
Is this the return of /fitlit/? I started learning guitar a week ago. We need /fitmu/ for the cross traffic.
>>
>>42230469
nice man, I dig holes and fix pipes for a living
>>
File: 1457499818727.png (532KB, 396x748px) Image search: [Google]
1457499818727.png
532KB, 396x748px
>Maintain vegetable garden
>Volunteer at animal shelter
>Got straight A's from ages 16- end of college
>Gave up and straight up refuse casual sex in hopes of someday maintaining relationship with a qtgf
>Read or whatever

Everyone still thinks I'm a dumb meathead, and tobh I kind of am. I try not to mention any of this shit unless it comes up, as to not seem like a tryhard. Seems like everyone is trying to put on an image/"give me attention" like in OP's pic these days, which I absolutely despise.

Plus its fun interacting with nerds and numales who's entire personality and self-worth is based on surface-level nerd bs and/or cookie-cutter political/social opinions respectively, as well as "intelligence," and have them slowly realize I'm not only more athletic, but also more knowledgeable than them. It also makes me wonder what they actually do with their time, but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>42232426
Security is fun if not boring work. Most of your time is spent sitting, checking things, or opening doors.
>>
>>42231893
this, its no better that bio(fake science lets be honest) its just memorisation and recall with loads and loads of content, training, hours and practice. not easy but dunnae need much processing power in those lobes
>>
>>42233648
>worshipping the jewish god YHWH and his messenger Yeshua bar yosif ibn-Bethlehem and his bff rabbi Saul al-Tarsensis
that's a good goy
>>
>>42232121
poli sci here, please don't laugh
>I genuinely enjoy my major
>one step ahead of all my other friends
>>
>>42243370
Modern Jews don't regard the TOrah as literal at all, they follow the Babylonian Talmud. Thier God is literally the Devil.
>>
>>42239073
When you say you went into medicine, what do you mean? Like an MD program?
>>
>>42243764
I dont believe in middle eastern fairy tales my dude.
>>
>>42240482
I'm not so sure.
I'd love to see such a genius, and in a field like Math, I'm sure it's possible. But even Terrence Tao, who I've read was a math genius from childhood and was personally tutored by the world's best mathematicians as a result of his prodigious intuitive understanding of the topic, doesn't seem like he's going to revolutionize anything any time soon.

I'm not a mathematician, though. All I know is that I've taken basically every math class they would let an engineering undergrad take, plus some complex analysis because i is a big deal in electricity, and I'm not seeing a great deal of remaining math to learn. I could certain spend years taking classes on new things, but there's nothing beyond calculus that seems to open up a whole new world the way the infinitesimal did.

And I mention this because Newton and Leibniz lived in the 1600s.
Over 300 years ago. A third of a millennia ago, Calculus was discovered/invented and dynamic, changing systems became calculable rather than simply estimable via averages.

Plenty of isolated discoveries have occurred, but none revolutionary. Few opening up new fields of study.

The closest I can think of lately is Shinichi Mochizuki claiming he's proven the ABC conjecture in a 500 page volume that's apparently "epic" in scale and scope and requires world class mathematicians collect in summits to discuss his work in order to understand it. I've been told that if his work holds up, and we should know if it does within the next 10 years, it could revolutionize math just because his work is downright alien in comparison to mainstream mathematics.

He has some of the hallmarks. For example, he's relatively obscure, or was, and worked for 2 decades to produce 4 papers of massive size and fine detail, and was somewhat dismissed originally, but is now getting a serious look.

Perhaps he could be this generations math genius and our grandchildren will end up studying his techniques.
>>
Work in IT as a Systems Architect. Two years into the current gig and people are just starting to find out I lift iron. I won't bring it up unless they do.

>>42231573
>>42233584
>>42234950
>>42242272

Julie Boonen

You're welcome.
>>
>>42236762

I'm having a little trouble wording this. Before I start I'd like to say I'm an agnostic raised by atheists in an orthodox society.

I used to be fat and it sucked. I was miserable, depressed and an anxious wreck. I was living under constant fear of panic attacks and couldn't sleep at night because I'd wake up consumed by terror. Being fat was a living hell.
Getting fit was painful too but in different ways. I had to change my habits, endure cravings and worked myself sore, all while being in a constant state of internal screaming (on account of what motivated me). It was certainly worth it though. Eventually I realized that what I was going through was purgatory. Purgatory is said to be the only way out of hell but just as painful.

When I was a kid I read a story about a guardian angel trying to pull a damned woman out of the lake of fire only for the other damned to pull her back inside. If you lurk /fph/ you'll see many stories about fats tearing down or outright sabotaging people trying to lose weight. The crab mentality. The similarity with the damned is creepy, especially if you take into consideration that fatness is almost always the result of sloth and gluttony who happen to be two of the seven deadly sins.
HAES is an evil thing and I hate it with a passion. Many fat people are just like how I was and fat acceptance is lying to them about the root of their problem, keeping them perpetually miserable and away from the way out.
>>
>>42244507
continued

One thing that has fascinated me since I was a kid is medieval depictions of hell with the ruined landscapes, daemons, weird mutants and stuff. I always took them as symbolical about the vices of man and where they lead. However as time passes they're becoming increasingly literal. The mutants in the paintings are sinners who have been twisted by their torment and now aid hell even as they suffer by it themselves.
The freakshow in this video are just that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP3mSamRbYA

Some of them are vain and want to feel the high of uniqueness and intellectual superiority. Others are mentally ill and need help. They all fell prey to the ideology of snowflakism and now look at them. They live in a state of misery, they make a joke of themselves, they have alienated friends and family who disagree and they are literal mutants in the case of those taking hormones. They are unhappy and they try to force the very thing that torments them.

Fats, transformers and more are promoted as virtues by the same people. I can't help but wonder if they are trying to shape our society into some sort of earthly hell, especially since they might be satanists.
>>
File: SImple_catholicSpinoffs.png (687KB, 1275x908px) Image search: [Google]
SImple_catholicSpinoffs.png
687KB, 1275x908px
>>42244559
People that are miserable tend to be nihilistic and try to drag everyone down to thier own hell, your right about that.
Looking at any "ancient" drawings makes sense from a meta-symbolic point of view at first, but then realize people were the same as you and me back then. If you see things with your own eyes, and they didn't rely on smarthones to take pictures, thier memory of visual and oral were probably much more defined. It seems unlikely that every single drawing of demons, dragons and things that seem "paranormal" are just foolish things drawn up by simpletons.
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say, is it that people are miserable because they lie to themselves beliving in false premises to make them feel better. Fat people (I was really fat at one point and now decently fit) say it's muh genetics or something around those lies to not take responsibility of thier own actions. I think it's probably the case, the truth no matter how anyone feels about it, must always be told and preserved.
The truth fears no investigation, be wary of those that try to hide things.
> For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
>But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. (John 3:20-21 KJV)
>>
This thread is too civilized for me
>>
>>42242182
> mfw I "get" every reference in this image

I need to log off the internet
>>
>>42230817
Man you really went the distance to try and make this guy feel bad about having a moment at a party.
>>
File: savedpill.png (467KB, 1576x1209px) Image search: [Google]
savedpill.png
467KB, 1576x1209px
>>42242182
Saved Pill brother.
>tfw I know what everything in the image means
>>
>>42245206
> anon gets a masters degree in counseling
> uses his knowledge to bully strangers

honestly he sounds like a monster
>>
File: pepe.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
I will begin my last year for my Masters in corporate law and tax law, litteraly have to do my internship with jew lawyers

Yeah nobody wants to hear about it... don't know if I'll get a good career out of it.

>tfw your passion is history
>>
>>42240876
>most importantly, I also wear glasses.

kek
>>
I love that feeling too. It's almost as if /fitlit/ was the way god wished us to be.
However it also made me disillusioned with females which some here might consider "not making it". I merely like spending more time on honing my skills
>get into the best med school in entire country on scholarship, where around 300k students applied for admission
>drop out in a year because realised medical is a huge scam and grew to hate doctors
>smug shits thought this was a bad move and I've ruined my life
>get into a mediocre state college in CS
>second year I receive a scholarship from the prime minister of the country
>by final semester I have a job at a huge IT company because they conducted interviews at college campus and I decided to try for lulz
>one of the three guys in entire uni to get a job there
>now spending my holidays composing music
>and drawing because i want to be good at it
>also learning farsi(my mother speaks it), and japanese(cause weeb)
>hopefully gonna get a position at AI research wing in the company soon
>parents are proud
Proving haters wrong is the best feeling ever. Don't let anyone tell you any different. you are supposed to be the best version of yourself, be it academic , or physical. I also play the piano, guitar and harmonica, sometimes try my hand at woodworking and electronics. Not to mention I'm getting good at cooking thanks to mother and I hope to buy a gun soon so that I can practice my aim. My social skills definitely have suffered, as they are non existent, but you can't have it all,. We're all gonna make it. Someday I hope to find a female who loves me for me despite my obvious flaws and never leaves me and bears my children, Vladimir and Victoria.
>>
>>42242182
Friendly reminder that your heart is a muscle and that avoiding cardiovascular exercise on the foolish grounds that it somehow makes you weaker is fucking retarded.
>>
>>42238376
come on now. I'm a chemist and fully aware my degree takes more intelligence (if not knowledge which i admit i do not have, nor does anyone need, much of) but any decent doctor fucking hates big pharma. I know this is bait but it still makes me REEEEEE read "bad science" it is fucking great for anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together and a dictionary/theinterwebs
>>
>>42245347
>masters in law
??????? you mean a JD ????? What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>42247977
LLM is a thing lad
>>
Metal is for complex and advanced minds, especially djent and technical death metal.

Only inferior subhumans will hate on our music.
>>
>>42232281
nothing ends at the paper dude, a doctor just has a large responsibility cos 1. people may die and 2. they chose to stop people from dying. you are in an honourable profession but don't get me wrong you missed the whole point so for the sake of the sick and weary: learn how to critically appraise an argument( after the intro, method, experimental and maybe results of course)
>>
>>42230698
Which languages do you speak?
>>
>>42232392
so u want sum fuk or not? pls be in england
>>
>>42232702
name someone who said ti is more stressful pleb
>>
>>42247948

It's actually a pretty funny position to take as historically medical doctors have always hated chemists.

This is kind of like saying Germans really like Jews because nobody told you about 1940.
>>
Youi faggot are trying too hard.. Just fake an evil British accent.
Chicks love it
>>
>>42232827
heretic
>>
>>42230932
>>42231853
>>42233492
I have a friend who's a surgeon (plastics) and a couple friends who are civ engineers. The doctor works a shit ton at crazy times, is on call for 48-72 hour periods when she's not working, and has only just finished her last exams at 32, even after taking the fastest route to being a proper doctor straight out of high school. That said, she makes great money, has a nice house, nice clothes, new car every year or two, eats out at fancy restaurants a lot etc etc.

The engineers I know are all younger and more chill, work normal hours in an office and have enough money to live comfortably. Civ is probably the easiest discipline of engineering though, maybe software/computing is easier if you have the knack for it. You don't need to do masters to work as an engineer, in most fields you can just get your bachelor and get out there and start making money - most MEng courses in my country are 1-2 years too, so it won't take much longer to do. There's CPD after you graduate of course, but it doesn't come close to the workload that junior MDs do to finish their education.

In terms of study, I would say that medicine is 'harder' and engineering is 'smarter,' in that in medicine you need clock more study hours and memorise tons of stuff, whereas engineering is a bit more about intuition, visualisation and problem solving. Both require both of course. Law is probably somewhere between the two; lots of memorisation and critical thinking, with the added difficulty of being able to express abstract concepts clearly and concisely. In my country you can work as a lawyer after a 4-5 year undergrad; I think in the states there's no undergrad law, so not sure about timeframe really.

tl;dr they're both hard in slightly different ways, if you can do one you can probably do the other
>>
>>42230469
Hell yeah. Biggest dude I know has a master's in physics. Got a CS degree, basically brogrammer.
>>
>>42248030
engineers have the exact same responsibility my dude. build a bridge? if it fails people will die. synthesise some pharmaceuticals? if you fuck up you will poison thousands. design a car? guess what cars are powered by explosions, now millions of people are driving around at 100 mph in your continuously exploding death machine, and while you were so focused on making the explosions the right size the wheel slid off the axle and they fell into the grand canyon.
>>
>>42248297

I think the mistake is people are assuming medicine functions like a traditional bachelor degree. To apply to a medical degree requires generally a high GPA, a high score on a standardised test that encompasses science, humanities, and writing. Then you'll attend interviews in which you'll be given 2-3 minutes to examine a topic and formulate a reply, or you'll be thrown into a role-play situation in which you'll need to handle specific situations.

I know a guy who attained a flawless GPAs and entry exam score only to be rejected at the 5-yard line because he lacks social ability. He has been rejected 3 times. He has since given up on being a doctor and went on to become an engineer.

Once your small cohort is assembled, usually of about 100 chairs out of several thousand applicants per school, you'll then be bombarded by information relentlessly for years. The rate is generally described as 1 years worth of information per block. On top of this you'll start clinical and expect to maintain similar hours to the MDs to which you are assigned & simultaneously be studying for your next exam.

There's something to be said about waking up at 4 am every day so you can do pre-rounds for the actual rounds and then working for another 12-14 hours so you can go home, study, and then wake up at 4 am again.

You will do this for years.

Then you will graduate and begin the next phase of your education, you may have the title MD but you are not a doctor, and you will not be a doctor until you pass your boards and begin working as registrar .. and once you complete your time as registrar and become a consultant you will then be a 'doctor'. This time period is generally 10ish years depending on speciality. Surgery takes longer.
>>
>>42240250
>>42240482
>>42244335
>muh inter universal teichmuller fuckery
>tfw brainlet
at this stage I don't think there's much groundbreaking work that can be understood at a low level like newton and galileo. also due to science becoming a normie meme people like bill nye, feynman and black science dude are the 'einsteins' of our time
>>
>>42248423
after reading this thread I'm even more glad that I never wanted to be a doctor except for a brief period after finishing all eight seasons of House

something I've always wondered though, who does medical research & technology? do regular MDs do it or are their buttholes too wide after training to do anything but work? maybe biochem phds?
>>
>>42230424
It's simple: stop being a dumbass meathead, pumpy.
>>
>>42233837

This is beyond retarded.
>>
>>42232702
I study engineering and I admit it, was that so hard? I'm not a complete faggot about it, but you seem to have a problem with it.
>>
>>42231211
>Led Zeppelin
>emo screamo

...literally what?
>>
>>42248045
English, German, and French. Pretty basic, I know. Most people in my country can only speak English.
>>
File: Ryan-Gosling-TGJ.01.jpg (85KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
Ryan-Gosling-TGJ.01.jpg
85KB, 660x440px
>Skills to counter the 'dumb meathead' meme

Dressing well.
>>
>>42230723
In my second year of Chem eng right now. Really enjoying it. Almost everybody is awkward af and male:female ratio is about 8:1. Got a gf anyway but it still makes me sad. University of Hull if you're from the UK.
>>
>>42232702
Yeah I dont get what these guys are smoking. My cousin graduated a year ago after 14 years of school, and has incredible drive/work ethic.

Im in engineering specifically so I dont have to live like that. Not to mention that the lives an engineer has the potential to save or lose are through indirect means, whereas a doctor will sometimes literally have their hands inside the patient under their care.
>>
>>42230932
>if youre smart enough to do chemeng, youre smart enough to not go to medschool
>>
>>42232205
Fuck off you idealistic nonce.

God I hate subjective, virgin tier lists like this.
>>
>>42233853
Yes, however the same can't be said for those people who get your leg up in that environment. They don't care if you lift 1300+
>>
>>42232033
I know a guy who got into medschool after applying for 6 years with a 3.0 GPA who finally got in simply because he's mormon and his church finally got him in. Please tell me more about how hard it is
>>
i can make fart-sounds with my armpit
>>
>>42251491

ALL FEAR THE NEW HERALD OF GALACTUS!
>>
>>42251491
with great power comes responsibility
>>
>>42230424
People don't see me as a meathead because I'm also a huge weaboo :^)
>>
>>42230424

Begin to stop using the term "nu-male", you only lose credibility in anything
then stop going to 4chan
then stop being retarded
The fact that you can't consider yourself of anything else than two memes is fucking catastrophic
>>
>>42230424
>Lobos jr in OP's pic
It's not fair goddammit, he did nothing to deserve this
>>
>>42245205
https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024
>>
>>42250617
Tu parles couramment le français ou t'as juste les bases ?
>>
>>42231556
I've been thinking of picking up Economics as a second major. How difficult was it?
>>
>>42230424
Did you ever notice how nu males are almost always mega DYEL? Is it because they're highly sedentary or because they suscribe to liberal beliefs like nonreligious veganism and have no cholesterol in their diets?
>>
>>42231099
>not going directly for buckethead
Not gonna make it
>>
>>42253512
Seulement les bases, je parle mieux l'allemand que le français.
>>
>>42230424
How's life going wil? Haven't seen you around here in a while lol
>>
>>42247948

Yeah those same doctors who give cipro for a fucking "suspected" UTI
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.