[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions about current routines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: sad pepe.png (309KB, 603x600px) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.png
309KB, 603x600px
Yo /fit/.

This is the first time I'm visiting, and I'm visiting because I'm currently trying to turn my life around.

I'm currently 6ft2, 21 years of age and weigh around 120kg's, and really want to aim towards losing weight, getting fit, and then bulking up.

At the moment, my diet consists of: Toast w/ margarine and Vegemite in the morning (yes I'm an Ausfag), and a coffee with 1 teaspoon of raw sugar and some milk every day for breakfast,

lunch is either half a chicken wrap from the cafeteria at the college I go to, oats with some protein powder mixed in, or I just skip it all together.

Dinner is a tin of tuna with a cup of brown rice and some soy sauce and lemon juice atleast half the time, the other half being assorted foods such as stir fry and sometimes pasta.

I have recently gotten a gym membership and have been going daily for 4 days, today being the 5th, and have been trying to fit cardio in the mix daily being the cycle machine at the gym, as well as some machines and such.

When I have had pasta or something carb heavy I have made sure to work out atleast 45mins afterwards and not sleep on it, as I know that is pretty bad.

My questions are:

1. I'm new to the gym and am not sure what the best routines are, although I think 30min on the bike plus assorted other stuff is good for my current goal of weight loss.

2. Is there anything I should add/ take away/ watch out for in my current diet?

3. What is the best way to stay motivated to go to the gym daily? I'm finding it difficult ATM and anxiety makes it hard to deal with working out in front of much fitter people.

That's about all, any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>>
File: 044.jpg (94KB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
044.jpg
94KB, 400x394px
>>42229608
1. basically just do 5x5 bench, squat, OHP, and deadlifts (although i stopped doing deads bc i fucked my shit up). then tack on 3x8-12 accessories such as dips, pull ups, curls, rows, etc. I tend to mix and match what feels good for recovery and what muscles i really want to grow. I currently do
A:bench, squat, accessories
B:bench, OHP, accessories
in the schedule of AxBxAxxBxAxBxx etc mainly because I find ohp and bench hard to do on the same day. I also bench more than any other exercise because I want a large chest. For accessories I really want my lats to grow so i tend to do pullups every session. I want my biceps to grow so I do curls every sesh. toss in more accessories as you see fit. I try to get some rows and dips for back and triceps in there every other day.

2. if you're trying to lose weight like me (5'9 110kg lel) I stay away from simple carbs as much as possible because I can't trust myself around them. My meals consist almost entirely of yogurt, fruit, veggies, and chicken. just a suggestion. always try to hit at least 100g protein per day imo.

3. i try to make my main sources of entertainment fitness related. If I'm on 4chan I'm on /fit/. I check topics and posts on r/fitness (inb4 hurr durr reddit) every day. Just try to stay in that fitness state of mind. This is a lifestyle. When it comes to being worried about people at the gym, just saying get over it really doesn't help because I know how anxiety works, but honestly there's nothing to do but get over it however you can. You will always have people that think you're a fat fuck although you probs won't ever have someone outright bully you in a gym. just get in and do ur shit senpai. We all started there.
>>
File: 39876598734256.png (277KB, 361x480px) Image search: [Google]
39876598734256.png
277KB, 361x480px
>>42229671
cheers for the reply anon, appreciate it.

I'm really not familiar with most of those exercises unfortunately. Elaborate?

Secondly, where do you get your 100g of protein from?
>>
>>42229792
you'll have to youtube search each exercise. Buff dudes has good vids for each exercise and form and stuff. this is basic info you gotta learn asap.

protein; I usually get it all from meat. I only like chicken so I'll buy frozen chicken breasts (which are a pain to thaw and cook) or if im lazy i just buy cans of cooked chunk chicken breast in broth. tasty and has 40g protein. I'll have about 12-16oz chicken per day which is about 60-80g protein. I get the rest here and there from yogurt and other random stuff. High quality yogurt can have 15g protein per 100cal cup
>>
Ditch the sugar completely
Download an app that calculates your macros (myfitnesspal is what I use). Even if you're unfamiliar with calculating macros, try to do it so you get an idea of how much you're eating.
Calculate your TDEE. Eat around 500 calories below maintenance. Adjust this depending on how you feel. Also whenever you lose weight calculate your new TDEE (measure your weight every Saturday or something)
Make sure you hit enough protein. It's satiating. Fats should be about 0.3-0.4 g per bodyweight. The rest carbs.
As for gym anxiety, it's something you have to deal with. You're out of comfort zone. Just don't give a fuck. If it bothers you this much, go early in the morning or late at night. I used to weight like 210 lbs at 6'1 so I understand how you feel. Now I'm like 175 ans 12% body fat. Gonna lean bulk soon.
Don't spend hours doing boring cardio. Just 20-30 minutes HIIT. It's better than walking on the treadmill for hours. Also you lose weight by calories out>calories in. Period. Don't listen to memes. And fucking lift. You're going to make sweet noob gains if you keep protein intake medium/high
>>
>>42229608
Do starting strength or stronglifts with cardio
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.