[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Losing the dad bod

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 980x-133.jpg (130KB, 776x646px) Image search: [Google]
980x-133.jpg
130KB, 776x646px
I used to be in very good shape. Then I went to college, started drinking beer.. then started drinking more beer... and I managed to go from a 140lb freshman to 200lbs when I graduated. In high school I was a water polo player and also went to the gym every day, and I'm getting back into it now.

I begin my workout with a mile on the treadmill (which I hope to increase to 3 miles over the next month), followed by weight training. How many reps should I be doing? I remember hearing that high reps are good for weight loss, so I've been doing sets of 20, but now I'm wondering if that's too much. Bearing in mind I am happy with how strong I am (somehow, all that beer and I have still retained all of my strength, so much for use it or lose it) and really just want to tone myself up and lose the dad bod. Any advice?
>>
The most important thing is to concentrate on form. Make sure you have good posture still before working out, otherwise you will destroy your shoulders and will only hit your muscles sub-optimally.

Weights for muscle and cardio for fat loss. Dont attempt to use weights for removing fat. It is not near to being optimal.

Instead of running do HIIT with a jump rope. 1 minues as fast as you can with a 1 minute break. Repeat 10x. And modify as necessary.

Do not neglect your core.
>>
>>42228466

Why do half of frat dudes in the south have dadbods
>>
>>42228466
Use light weight and focus on contractions.
This focus all your muscle to grow.
>>
>>42228466

Read the stickyickyicky
>>
>>42228466
Keto, intermittent fasting, 3 days lifting, 1 day cardio, rest, repeat
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.