[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creating a brace for scoliosis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Heyya /fit/

So I have scoliosis, which isn't a bending of the spine but rather is a twist, like a spring, of the spine from the hips up to the skull. Because x-rays are 2d, it looks bent in an s-curve.

In order to counteract a muscular imbalance in the ability of the upper torso and lower torso to twist in one direction, I created this sling brace that attaches from the right shoulder to the right glute. You take a band, wrap it around the shoulder across the upper back, diagonally across the stomach back around to the right glute.

I took this guy's exercise idea, pic related, and made it into a brace. It's definitely doing something, but my attachment point is my belt I have a buckle that I slide onto my belt by my hip. But being attached to my belt it doesn't activate my right glute much, the tension gets caught on my lower left ribs and that's not ideal.

Thoughts on how to better engage my right glute? Aside from stitching the buckle into my asscheek?

So far it's done a lot to transfer the stress from my right shoulder a lot, which used to slump forward hard. I feel more tension put into my left glute after a long day out, which isn't ideal, and possibly it's loading the right side of my neck a bit, which is also not great. I'm just feeling it out at this point and seeing where I can make tweaks, but it's a good start to the path to developing a cure. There's no biological reason other than nobody has developed a reliable, scientifically based fix yet, as to why we can't cure something Hippocrates wrote about thousands of years ago. No reason.
>>
I can't offer help anon, but I can say that this is honestly amazing and I have a lot of respect for you for doing this. You're amazing anon.
>>
>>42228180
Thanks anon it honestly means a lot. Been thinking about killing myself lately and this project is becoming a big what if for me in that scenario. I just wish I could piece the problem together better. My working model is always wrong.
>>
>>42228213
Maybe attach it around the leg just under the glute?
>>
>>42228633
There's this which does that. I wonder if there's a better way though. I think my adductors in my right thing are over powered from my abductors, which I think is the cause of the pelvic misalignment. Don't really have any pain to prove it though. Could be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4L0vlgXszk

These guys have this big felt contraption that does the same thing but they recommend not wearing it at leisure, oddly enough. Maybe just because it looks weird.
>>
there already is the schroth method, find the book and check up on it.

This stuff is meant to be done with a partner and mirrors so you have a complete picture of what is going on at all times.

Your end goal should be teaching a sense for good posture, all the work goes to waste if the patient keeps going back to developed habits.
>>
>>42228785
I did Schroth, the problem with Schroth is that it's based around holding poses and less about activities of daily living. Schroth is based around producing good pictures for advertising and good x-rays, it doesn't teach you anything about moving in a more correct manner.
>>
>>42228809
There's poses, exercises and even sitting and lying down positions.

If you've only dealt with the book, either find the patience to decrypt that clusterfuck or get an expert to help.

Schroth takes time because it retrains the brain first, and then the body.
>>
if you have 3D scoliosis you are lucky, you won't get big problems
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.