[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOTT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 49

New one since there is none in the catalog.
My chest looks small compared to my back, legs, traps and shoulders. Is it ok to do one more set of bench than I do rows and squats?
Also, what's the best pre workout priced per serving? I thought Myprotein's Impact Pump Blend was good at £13 for 50 servings but it all clumped up and was unusable, so I had to throw it out.
Thinking of another tub of The Curse or C4. Not interested in something with a load of caffeine.
>>
What is a good way to get into PPLPPLx?
>>
File: barbell-front-squat.jpg (125KB, 1109x614px) Image search: [Google]
barbell-front-squat.jpg
125KB, 1109x614px
How do I get my arms to do pic related? My shoulders are too tight to get my elbows up and my front squat is light as fuck because the bar always wants to roll forward.
>>
What's a good chinup rep scheme?
What's a good dip rep scheme?
Are dips enough for v-taper lats?
>>
How much weight should I expect to gain a week on a clean bulk?

I hope to be around 12% at 170, will I be able to bulk to over 200 while staying under 18%?
>>
>>42223273
>dips
>lats
lol

IMO chinups are inferior as pullups even out forearms/ceps/lats unlike chin ups which neglect forearms/lats.
>>
I got this mild pain in my left shoulder which only occurs at a specific rotator cuff angle.
Lower back started to hurt as well.
And for some reason tailbone too, actually i think i sat too much on the tailbone and now it BLEEDS a little to the left of it.

What's happening to me, am i going to die?
>>
>>42223519
i'm not an old man btw, i'm 20.
>>
>>42223519
go to the doctor you sad, crippled fuck
>>
>>42223544
the bleeding isn't that bad, there's barely any blood but i know it's there so i wipe it multiple times a day.
>>
>>42223496
>>42223273
I messed up I meant to write chinups
>>
>>42222640
I take nitraflex at half the serving since one serving is 325 mg's of caffeine. The whole thing at half a serving gives me 60 uses instead of 30 for 26 bucks. Do any of you people take L glutamine as a supplement? I usually just use Whey, BCAA, and Creatine but im considering putting glutamine in the works. Read some nice things about also heard it was useless to take.
>>
On recommendation of the anon in a prior thread, I bought a 2kg bag of Protein Powder off of MyProtein, the Chocolate Smooth variant. How does it taste?
>>
Will I make better gains if I flush while still sitting on the toilet?
>>
>>42223273
I personally do dips in the 8-12 rep range, because I use it as a bench accessory and avoid using heavier loads (it stresses my shoulders quite a bit when I go really heavy)
For Chins I like moderate reps like 4-6, because I generally fatigue very quickly doing higher reps and heavy pulls are goat for back and bis.
>>
Only started doing power cleans.
Any tips?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_sMOaklI-E
>>
I'm struggling with OHP at just 60lbs.

On my last set I tried to just push them out really fast and it actually worked. The set before I was going a lot slower, waiting about 1 second between reps, and it was way harder.

What's going on with that? Is it ok to do OHP reps really fast?
>>
>>42223519
yo guys it's a serious problem and i don't wanna go to the doctor.
>>
>>42223959
Yeah I do 3x10 and I feel like it's too much on chinups ,how many sets do you do?
>>
>>42224229
typically 3-4 sets
>>
File: images-mf-209726-14553.jpg (9KB, 315x323px) Image search: [Google]
images-mf-209726-14553.jpg
9KB, 315x323px
Which muscles are used to rotate the torso, like in a punching motion?

What exercises train them?
>>
Is Kratom good for workout supplement. .
>>
Would the insulin response from whey+milk be enough for creatine absorption(and other supps that are advised to take with food)?
>>
>>42223995
What do you mean really fast? You should do them all at the same pace unless it's the last set. If you're struggling start your reps normal and start push pressing when you start to struggle.
>>
File: 1499207206490.jpg (60KB, 824x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499207206490.jpg
60KB, 824x600px
If I wanted to post my progress, would it be better to make my own thread or post it in another thread(like CBT)?
>>
I've been working with a laptop more in the last two or three months than any other time in my life and my wrists are starting to get sharp pains... what do /fit/? How do I strengthen wrists anyway?
>>
>>42224527
give other guys handjobs and also steal their protein
>>
I've been cutting at a 1,000 cal deficit for a month now and I can barely see my abs (can see the outline of them in the right light, but not the individual abs). Are they just too small and I need to work them more? Should I go back to bulking and lifting heavy? What are some good exercises to work the core? I've been doing SL, so I haven't been directly working them
>>
>>42224557
Planks, side-planks, hanging leg raises, L-Sit
>>
>>42224527
Get a better wrist position
>>
>>42224459
In the CBT, unless you have some muscle imbalance or deformity problem that warrants an entire thread.
>>
File: 1488569218737.jpg (72KB, 621x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488569218737.jpg
72KB, 621x1200px
I'm a gym rookie and currently doing PHUL (sun/mon, wed/thurs). I'm trying to cut to get rid of my beer gut - What should I be doing on my rest days?
>>
>>42224829

cardio? lol you didn't come up with that?
>>
>>42224829
Long walks and keep busy so you don't fill your time with eating/drinking
>>
File: ratios.png (14KB, 191x249px) Image search: [Google]
ratios.png
14KB, 191x249px
What's a good method / site to calculate optimal macronutrient ratios? They must be important but I don't have a good sense of what to shoot for.
>>
>>42224316
abs and obliques.
>>
>>42223211
Wider grip

>>42223985
Dude that looks like a sldl into upright row. Completely forget your technique, read Starting Strength power clean chapter, watch Rip's vids and learn to do it again.
>>
>>42223519
guys i really need something to go on here.
>>
>>42225145
Fix form and see a doctor, don't expect to hear a proper diagnosis from some random gymbros on the internet
>>
File: le.jpg (37KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
le.jpg
37KB, 400x533px
To Raise a Child with Broad Face and Naturally Straight Teeth, Increase Masticatory Efforts.

All babies begin with broad short faces with cute little noses. What happens thereafter seems more so a consequence of the individual’s lifestyle not genetics. Remember that early settler commented how physically perfect the indigenous tribes were, in Modern Times we have lost the way to great extent.

Crooked Teeth is merely a symptom of a face that didn’t growing properly. The key factor: Our jaws are not getting a proper work out now with our processed, soft diets.

Individuals with horizontal jaws seem to display higher status, beauty, and confidence. Not to mention, it is also the design that is most healthy and optimal for perfect occlusion.

Mike Mew is able to tell the muscle tone of individual by looking at how much horizontal section of the lower jaw they exhibit.

Along with the fact that muscle thickness is linked to horizontal jaws, there is strong hard evidence that suggest that great jaws are due to great jaw usage. When looking at an adult face, we are possibly looking at the history of their muscle usage and posture.

To raise beautiful children with naturally straight teeth, get creative at increasing their masticatory efforts daily & promote good posture.

1. Increase appetite

2. Introduce tougher foods from young

3. Omit effortless calories

4. Promote gum chewing

6. Tell them to stand up tall, sit up straight, keep mouth closed

It is possible but not always easy because there is no getting away from modern culture.
>>
I just want to do some form of cardio 3-4 times a week for general health. need it to be efficient but also not so tiring that it gets in the way of strength training

was thinking pic related might work, any other better suggestions?
>>
>>42225463
you look like Clark Kent
>>
Any reason I couldn't get an amazing body with just:

weighted pull ups, weighted dips, muscle ups.

For legs I was thinking cycling on a single speed bike, doing hill climbs and shit, maybe some rucking, maybe wear the rucksack while cycling as to increase weight, I wanna explore where I live a lot more too at the same time, out in the fresh air and sunshine
>>
>>42225620
I know squats blow your legs the fuck up but I can't see why this wouldn't have as good an effect for athletic and functional legs
>>
File: _20170721_110946.jpg (129KB, 720x1075px) Image search: [Google]
_20170721_110946.jpg
129KB, 720x1075px
Can somebody tell me if my diet looks okay? I plan on eating the same thing each day. I'm bulking and 5'8 143 pounds
>>
>>42225620
You would look better than 99% of people by doing this.

Only thing I would recommend is get a mini band and do 4x25 band pull aparts everytime you work out so you don't mess your shoulders up
>>
>>42222640
Anthony your gay as fuck
>>
>>42225665
Thanks man I appreciate it, seems like a unique way to train.

I bought a squat rack and oly weights and barbell recently but I'm falling out with my parents and stuff, it's looking like I'm gonna have to move out and I can't see a landlord letting me move all the equipment into a flat. I'm gonna sell it and just join a gym or do my weighted body weight and biking shit
>>
File: 1500647367216.png (1MB, 850x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1500647367216.png
1MB, 850x1143px
My posture is really bad, and it's getting worse and even harder to fix. I try sitting with proper posture but it just hurts after 20 min or so, I don't know what to do to fix it. Any tips?

Bonus question; I've got freakishly long legs due to being freakishly tall, when I'm out running should I be abusing that? I feel likr my stride could be a lot longer, much longer than my natural one.
>>
>>42222889
Start working out.
>>
>>42223995
You're probably bouncing and using momentum.
Stop that. You'll hurt yourself.
>>
File: Anterior_Hip_Muscles_2.png (98KB, 408x612px) Image search: [Google]
Anterior_Hip_Muscles_2.png
98KB, 408x612px
Been lifting for about a month and I get this strange discomfort that turns into pain in the upper thigh region when I squat. I feel it during my ascension. Earlier today, I had to stop after doing just 3 sets of 5 reps, with the first set being just the bar, and the last set 40 pounds on each side. This was even less than what I was able to do on Monday, when I managed to get 4 sets of 5 reps up to a plate before stopping due to discomfort. Anybody else ever deal with this? It's really pissing me off to no end, as it messes up my progress and I now bench more than I squat.
>>
My gym opens only 5 days a week, how do i make a PPL routine on it? Is it PPLPPxxL good enough?
>>
>>42222640
what game is this
>>
Are low carb diets a meme?
>>
Is foot flare during a squat dangerous? I've read 15-30 degrees can be an acceptable amount but I know for a fact I go past that. However, I've had compliments on my squat form and how low I go so I'm not sure what to do. Every video I see on squat form their feet are much closer in than mine which leads me to believe I am doing something wrong.
>>
>>42226498
Nah bro it's good.
>>
File: 1497805626591.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497805626591.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
I'm seeing recommendations to eat 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight for ideal muscular development.

For a 220lb person that works out to ~.5 lbs per day. Is it that easy? Buy two 3-lb packs of chicken breast per week and make sure to eat like one breast over the course of a day?

And would this still support muscle growth if you were otherwise on a caloric deficit?

Can you eat like scrambled eggs and salsa for breakfast, then half a chicken breast and stir-fried peppers and onions for lunch and dinner, totaling like 1500 calories, and lose fat while building muscle?
>>
>>42226498
Great tool to use for not cheating. Most cheat meals are high carb.
>>
>>42226630
It's 1g of protein per pound of LEAN bodyweight. Big difference.
>>
>>42226630
Lean bodyweight not full bodyweight.
>>
>>42226650
>>42226652

That's even more absurd to me.
So I can probably get away with like .30-.35g per day?
I think I incidentally manage to eat that much without trying.

I'm guessing workout shakes are probably just waste for someone like me that probably has a lean mass of 160lbs?
>>
>>42226704
>So I can probably get away with like .30-.35g per day?
What are you talking about? 160lbs of lean bodyweight means you shoot for 160g of protein a day.
>>
File: ergehadfhha.png (3KB, 459x141px) Image search: [Google]
ergehadfhha.png
3KB, 459x141px
>>42226722
I meant .3-.35lb.
>>
>>42226741
If you think you get that in a day already then good for you. But I would warn there are plenty of people who also think they are eating a certain amount of calories without counting and are nowhere near that amount. Counting can't hurt. And yes, if you are already hitting your target protein and caloric intake you probably don't need to use a protein shake.
>>
>>42223995
keep your body in control
if you aren't already squeeze your glutes and keep your body tight
>>
What exercises can I do to achieve a thicker neck?
>>
>>42226776
I count calories and reliably hit 1800 calories per day. Not much weight loss, even though I jog a mile in the morning and lift in the evenings. Rather, it just makes me tired. It's why I started in the first place. I had insomnia and read exercise would fix it, and it did. And the more I exercise or the more calories I cut, the more tired I get and the easier I sleep.

Through all of this, I barely lose weight. I tried eating 1400 calories for a week while still doing my mile jog and lifts and instead of accelerating my weight loss, it made me sleep for 12 hours per day. Frustrating. But ~1lb every week or two is better than nothing.
>>
I'm seeing from multiple sources that meal prepping is probably the best way to ensure proper nutritional goals. That being said, what are some essentials if I'm just beginning to do that? It's a dumb question I know but assuming I don't have any kitchenware, what is my shopping list looking like?
>>
I fucked up.

I'm at work for another 7 hours and haven't had any food. I also didn't bring any food.

All I have that isn't mcdonalds/fast food is a sushi place and a supermarket.

I have at my disposal one cup, a spoon, a kettle and a sink.

How do I hit 1200 calories?

Hard mode: no canned fish
>>
>>42225993
Bamp
>>
How many calories can you cut before you crash your metabolism?
>>
>>42226430
A visual novel about crippled girls that makes some men cry. It's pretty good.

http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/
>>
>>42227337
Would give serious thought before going lower than 1500cal a day.
>>
>>42227397
I was going to do 1200 plus working out. How bad would that be?
>>
>>42227412
Unless you're really short or fat you'll stall hard with your lifts, get fatigued and your metabolism will probably not co-operate after a couple weeks.
>>
Does it matter if I run 3 miles, rest, then 1 vs. 4 at once? The past few days I've been really burned out and it's affecting my running and I don't know if it's better to stop and then do the last mile or just let it go.
>>
Hey guys. When I do bicycles while I'm on my back. I always feel a pop in my lower back. This doesn't happen if I do them while hanging. It also happens when extend my legs out fully. Any idea why?
>>
>>42227483
I'm pretty fat at 240. Should I start at that and slowly ramp up my calories as I loose more weight?
>>
I have a free "fitness center" at my condo that doesn't have a squat rack, but does have hack press, leg extension, and seated leg press. I know leg extensions tend to be crap, but is there any real difference in hack press vs leg press in terms of actual strength gains?
>>
I live in leafland, how is this for a power cage? it's $700 bucks.

https://www.flamanfitness.com/strength/cages-racks/xplode-230-power-rack-with-upgrade.html
>>
I woke up at ~5:30am and stretched and suddenly I had the worst pain in the back of my right shin, I could barely move my leg. I managed to touch the painful spot and it was much harder than the other one. The pain went away in about a minute. What the fuck was that, should I be afraid?
>>
>>42227736
pulled something maybe?
>>
>>42227349
HANAKO A BEST

FIGHT ME FAGGOTS
>>
>>42226650
>>42226652
>mfw eating 1g per pound of full bodyweight for several months now
Wew lads, maybe with this info I'll be able to save some money when buying protein.
>>
>>42222640

Can anyone tell me what am I actually doing with this sort of diet according to this calculator?

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

Basically it says to eat more on lifting days, and lesser on resting days, with the whole thing being targeted at recomp or 'lean gaining'.

So is this an actual thing and how does it defer from traditional bulk or cut? Should I even follow this?
>>
>>42224316
shoulder and back
>>
ive been standing with my knees locked for 22 years
I cant stand normally for more than a few seconds
wat do?
>>
I've switched to low-bar squats and they feel a low better, but my wrists get destroyed from having that much weight on them (I know the weight isn't supposed to be resting on your wrists but that's how it always seems to end up). If I try to keep my wrists from bending back when getting under the bar, I'm not able to get it as low on my back, and the whole lift feels off.
What can I do? It hasn't led to any injuries but it usually makes holding the bar for bench/OHP painful (even with the proper hands-inward grip) and is probably leading to poorer performance there.
>>
>>42226650
>>42226652
How do you know your learn body weight?
>>
1) Is upper back rounding in DLs okay?

2) I keep going below parallel with low bar squats, how fix?

3) and scientific papers on sleep and strength training?

4) how transferable bis incline bench to OHP?

5) how to stop.from leaning too much forward in front squats?

6) how much protein per lean body mass? I remember there being a formula?

7) Squat everyday?

8) any over the counter drugs I can buy to reverse gyno?

9) is there a magazine that regularly publishes scientific studies about weightlifting?

10) when I do barbell rows, I basically do a good morning starting position, double underhand grip right on the outside of my knees, and pull the bar on my knees to my guts. Bar travels from knee to guts about 16". Good or bad? Is it even right? Does it work lats at all? Or should I do dumbbell rows for maximum lat growth?
Thanks to any who have the patience to answer
>>
>>42228162
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-formula.php

not 100% accurate, but it'll give you an idea.
>>
>>42228162
Measure your bodyfat percentage (some scales can do it, or take an educated guess) and subtract it from your total body weight.
>>
>>42222640
>/fit/ unrelated questions
What are rave chicks like.
Are they any fun.
What's your experience with them.

>/fit/ questions
How can u make sure I have good form with out a spotter.
Also my mirrors at a weird angle.
>>
>>42223853
try it and let us know

chocolate brownie is good, I just bought some strawberry cream
>>
Are the health risks from rapid weight loss lessened if you only do it for a month or two before going back to a slower weight loss?
>>
>>42227577
If you want to go 1200, at least spend a week or two working down to it. If you just start there your metabolism might decide to try hang onto your fat.
>>
>>42228367
Already, been slowly lowering my intake. Tomorrow will be my first day at 1200.
>>
>>42228273
>How can u make sure I have good form with out a spotter.
home gym? cos if not just ask gym staff
>>
>>42222889
start with low intensity and work up to moderate after a week or two, depending on how well your body has adapted to physical demands in the past.
>>
>>42223775
tried glutamine in tablet form for a couple weeks, saw no effect, will try again with different brand, probably upping it to double the dosage since I was taking the lower end effective range.
>>
>>42224557
cut down that deficit a bit and get some HIIT in your routine.
>>
>>42224829
ride a bike, my dude. keep them leg muscles stimulated.
>>
>>42227135
find runners who look like you and emulate them.
>>
I got back from my workout, went to wipe my ass, and realized my middle finger was bleeding. Apparently, sometime during stationary holds the skin attached to the side of my fingernail detached. It doesn't hurt and I doubt it bled all that much.
Two question: First, what exactly happened? Secondly, should I care about it? You know, care about it more than the average papercut,
>>
>>42228612
Make sure you clean out the wound if you only found out it existed after using your hand to clean up shit.
>>
>>42228612
>should I be worried about a cut so insignificant, I didn't notice it until I was wiping my ass?
I mean, if you had gotten shit in the cut, it might be an issue, but if you don't even notice the cut for like half an hour, there is nothing to worry about.
>>
>>42228118
There'll always be a fair amount of pressure on them if you have inflexible wrists, but it should subside after a couple of minutes. Try stretching a bit, do a "prayer" hand position and push them hard, I find that this loosens me up a bit and negates the worst of it.
Additionally, double check that your form is good and that you're bent over enough. When I switched to low bar I tended to stand up too straight, which put more of the weight on my wrists.
>>
>>42224836
>>42224840
>>42228468
I thought cardio kills gains?
>>
>>42228646
I did clean it off, but thank you anyways for the reminder. I mean considering the scenario (wiping shit) I'd like to be reminded at least three times.
>>42228657
Stationary holds from the top of a deadlift. My main obstacle with deadlifting is bitch forearms, you see.
>>
>>42228703
whoops, somehow thought this post
>>42228657
was
>>42228652
so disregard
Anyways, yeah, it feels fine and looks fine enough after cleaning. thanks.
>>
>>42227848

Any insight into this?
>>
>>42223211
Look up oly lifting mobility stuff. It shouldn't take too long to get it
>>
>>42228693
It's a meme. Cardio only affects gains if you do them on the same days you lift.
>>
When I squat, my butt keeps swaying to one side, usually the right. Is this a sign that my hips are weaker? Because I ALWAYS feel like my thighs could lift more but my butt is like the bottleneck to the lift.

I have deloaded from 70kg to 60kg squats but it's still happening.

Should I train my hips? How do I train them?
>>
>>42228806
Train your core with planks, side planks, ab rollers
>>
>>42228806
Could be a mobility restriction in one ankle. That should be easy to check.
Or it could be anatomical asymmetry of your hips, in which case you may be able to solve it by taking an asymmetric stance i.e. turning one foot out more than the other. Dean Somerset has some material on this, including good video material on how to assess it, if you know where to look.

You could also just be going too heavy too fast, but I don't think so given that it keeps happening after you've deloaded.
>>
>>42228831

I could hold a plank for 2 minutes, but right now I'm guessing it's an issue with 'hip drive'? Am I suppose to squeeze my glutes/ass/butt when I'm doing the squat? Like as if I'm trying to prevent shit from falling out my ass?

>>42228837
>mobility restriction in one

How do I check that?
>>
>>42228844
>How do I check that?
Google assess ankle mobility.
>>
>>42228831
Side question,

am I doing planks right? After a minute my shoulders start and feet start hurting
>>
>>42228917
Are you doing them on your elbows and tips of your feet?

Your body should almost form a straight line.
>>
For theory, how high do you elevate your feet for elevated pushups, considering yuo want a bodyweight chest exercise? Wouldn't it eventually become a handstand pushup and be using your shoulders and not your chest?
>>
>>42228781
What sort of Cardio is for me if I hate running?
>>
>>42224316
Your legs.
>>
>>42228989
Eventually it would, yes. The anterior deltoid and the clavicular part of your pectorals do pretty much the same thing though.
I know this is kind of a dumb answer, but it's best to simply go by feel.
>>
>>42229016
Nah man thanks for the answer, it was a stupid question that for some reason I couldn't get out of my head this week.
>>
>>42224316
forearms and neck
>>
>>42225993
It hurts after 20 minutes because it's not normal for you.
Shitty posture is normal for you because you chose shitty posture.

Grow a pair and hold yourself to good posture to become a Goliath, or forever be a slouchy lanklet.
>>
>>42228998
Stationary bike or elliptical. If you're a beginner like you said, then the bike is the more intuitive machine to start with. Just bear in mind that it's easier to phone it in on a bike than on an elliptical. You get what you put in so put in a lot.

>captcha: select all the bikes
Spooky.
>>
>>42228693
don't ride the bike specifically for cardio. just ride a bike casually with the occasional hill climb in a high gear. obviously, don't go hard doing uphill sprints and shit if you're also trying to build a good squat, but get outside and ride a bike. or roller blade. or ride a skateboard. something active. shit, go hiking. but I shill for biking because I fuckin love riding a bike.
>>
>>42228998
bicycling, swimming, boxing, or wrestling.
>>
>>42224316
sternocleinomastoids and trapizius

vertical barbell-in-hand arm and shoulder extensions
>>
>>42228414
Home gym
>>
I think my shoulders are fucked up but I can't even hold a bar on my shoulders to do a squat. I can't get my hands behind it to hold it. And when I do the pain of the bar bearing down on my shoulders is really uncomfortable and painful on my spine.

I guess my nerdneck and rolled shoulders are too severe. What can I do instead to work my glutes,hamstrings and quads?
>>
File: 1449161417240.jpg (225KB, 759x508px) Image search: [Google]
1449161417240.jpg
225KB, 759x508px
Is losing 45lbs in 6 months a reasonable goal?

t.5'9 210lbs fatty
>>
other than just doing the lifts, are there some things I can do to strengthen my mental fortitude on legday? I get dizzy as fuck, my stomach feels alittle nautious and I get out of breath doing legday, especially lunges or squats.
>>
>>42229310

Same thing. Everytime I squat, I have to breathe like 3 or 4 times before I can continue with the next rep. Because it's so fucking exhausting. It's like doing cardio for me, and I can run without problem..
>>
File: ComfyDykes.png (386KB, 875x750px) Image search: [Google]
ComfyDykes.png
386KB, 875x750px
Newfag here, is there a difference in, say, lifting 10kg dumbbells 10 times and lifting 20kg dumbbells 5 times?
Do the results differ? Which it better?
>>
>>42229351
sticky dude. it's in there.
>>
>>42229306
Depends on your willpower honestly but it's slightly aggressive more comfortable is 25 lbs in 6 months but yes it's achievable hell I did rfl 2.0 and lost 30lbs in 6 weeks however that's not a diet I would recommend for a non fit fattie.
>>
My goal is ottermode

My question : can I get there by doing instinctive lifting rather than following a set routine?

As in, just following key principles like

-hit muscles at least 2x a week
-progressive overload
>>
>>42229941
>instinctive lifting
lol

>rather than following a set routine
As long as you train all muscle groups, sure.
>>
How can you make pic related edible? Scoops of vanilla/chocolate protein?
>>
>>42222640
Upon waking, what would be more beneficial?
Bcaas or a whey shake? i usually have aminos like 30 min b4 my breakfast but would a whey shake be better?
>>
>>42229941
not having a routine and tracking lifts is a good way to waste 6 months of your life
i know i did
>>
>>42230276
Their flavored ones are pretty good. They have a mixed berry one that's pretty delicious.
>>
>>42229282
diddy for glutes and hams, front squats for quads
>>
>>42230276
>>42230336
The flavored ones often contain more sugar than what's necessary. What I use for my greek yogurt:
>honey honey honey, makes it a million times better
>mixed berries
>coconut shavings and pineapple
>almond slices
>brown sugar

Just play around with it! But if it's really that gross to you, either don't eat it or add it to a smoothie or something.
>>
File: 14825726.jpg (742KB, 3088x2056px) Image search: [Google]
14825726.jpg
742KB, 3088x2056px
Brehs, help ya boy out:

> Went out to dinner with my parents
> After we paid, waitress asks me if I go to the same uni as her (turns out I do)
> She said I looked familiar and recognized me once I put my glasses on
> She studies in a place I often frequent
> I haven't seen/noticed her, but then again my eyesight isn't what it once was

Should I have gotten her number, or was she just being friendly?

This happened after we paid so I don't think it was a ploy to get a better tip.
>>
File: 1480961189238.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480961189238.webm
2MB, 640x640px
If I can pull 3pl8 5x5, what would be a good 1RM estimate?
I also haven't done any intensity work at all, so should I spend a few sessions approaching a max?
>>
>>42230845
>Should I have gotten her number

do you have autism
>>
>>42230845
just say hi and ask next time you see her you nerd
>>
>>42230869
possibly

>>42230874
shit. I'm about to graduate
>>
>>42226414
Do ULPPLxx
>>
File: 2C0B7526.jpg (366KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
2C0B7526.jpg
366KB, 1200x1800px
>>42223317
gain a lb a week. dont bulk too hard, you dont want to get fat.
>>42223995
dont worry ohp is hardest to progress on. keep at it and use the microplates.
>>42224316
everyone gave you false answers. its obliques and mostly serratus. hence why the serratus is called the boxers muscle because its used in punching motions.
>>42224557
abs arent just low body fat. train them.
>>42225554
that looks like a basic hiit regime. cardio can be done at the end of your lifting if you want. that way you get both in.
>>42225642
you need some dark leafy greens like kale for vitamin a and k. otherwise its a strong diet.
>>42225993
practice tight posture when you can. also train rhomboids as its the primary muscle in upper back posture.
>>42226131
might be tight hip flexors. warm up body then stretch a bit then try squatting.
>>42226414
just keep alternating your pattern and u are fine. which is what u have i believe.
>>42226704
>>42228162
lean bodyweight is all tissue weight remvoed, all water removed which is like 100lbs for most humans.
>>
File: 1478634511026.jpg (483KB, 1202x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1478634511026.jpg
483KB, 1202x1600px
>>42226893
deadlifts/rack pulls.
>>42227086
chicken, rice broccoli is a good start.
>>42227133
look up mcdonalds calories online and count up to 1200.
>>42227491
if you get fatique rest is better in long run.
>>42227661
hack press is better, but you can also do some goblet squats with dumbbells for some time.
>>42227753
emi is /fit/ approved waifu.
>>42227848
its minimizing how much you eat so it doesnt all go to fat. its good follow it.
>>42228064
see physical therapist or doctor.
>>42228178
1. thorasic cavity rounding wont break your shit but its not advisable anyway.
2. do high bar instead maybe.
4. very transferable. its upward pushing. bench usually helps ohp a decent amount.
5. train rhomboids, its fatique is whats causes rounding forward.
6. .8-1g per lean. so about 100g of protein.
7. you can.
8. dont believe so.
10. u are doing yates rows which hits lats. doubel overhand grip is reg barbell row which hits rear delts and mid back. lats can be hit with dumbbell rows as well. look into t-bar row as well. easier to load up and hits the lats better than yates imo.
>>42228273
for form video tape yourself if possible. ask the biggest squatter in your gym to help otherwise.
>>42228341
with very fast weight loss you can lose muscle. doubt you will have that much loss. even fasting for 30 days wont have it happen. but you can still lose msucle if you want to, just accept you need to retrain to get it back.
>>
File: 1490971904237.jpg (102KB, 640x799px) Image search: [Google]
1490971904237.jpg
102KB, 640x799px
>>42228806
your obliques might be weak and you are compensating by rolling to stronger side.
>>42228998
ellipitecal is lowest impact. check out rowing as well.
>>42229282
deadlifts and front squats but also do rack pulls to strength upper back. in few months of rack pulls you will be able to go back and try back squats with better success.
>>42229306
bit high.
>>42229310
>>42229323
legs are one of largest muscles so it uses a lot of oxygen. practice breathing in between reps.
>>42229941
get thin then do a few compund lifts at no more htan 135lbs. then train biceps a lot and you wil be ottermode.
>>42230276
find a better brand or strain yogurt yourself.
>>42230291
isnt whey a bcaa anyway.
>>42230862
dont worry about 1rm until you start to stall on progressive overload. it can be anywhere from 10 lbs + to 25 lbs one each side for 1rm.
>>
I have a decent physique, except for my triceps. My insertions are really high and they look really small.

Should I care? Should I just keep doing benchto hit them? I'm on a noob routine, so I don't do much isolation.
>>
File: arnie.jpg (460KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
arnie.jpg
460KB, 1024x575px
I have been on a cut for 5 weeks. Lifting is very tiring and my lifts have obviously stalled.

Is there any particular point to trying to sustain a max effort weight each workout when I'm not making gains anyway? For example at the start of the process I squatted 100 kg 3x5, in my most recent workout owing to fatigue I made that 95kg instead.

It doesn't help that I'm also rowing crew pretty much every day so I'm not fully recovering between lifting sessions anyway.
>>
I got a pretty bad charlie horse/cramp in my calf that woke me up.
This was a couple of hours ago and it still feels pretty tight, can't walk too well.

I was supposed to do legs today, is there anyway I can get rid of this pain/tightness?
>>
>>42231583
If the cramp is over, then just walk around carefully and slowly to loosen up the muscle. Don't train your legs until it feels normal again.

Eat a piece of dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao) and a banana to prevent further cramps.
>>
A while back my knee started clicking whenever I bent my legs slightly. Now it makes a sound like velcroe ripping apart when I go all the way down in a squat. It doesn't hurt so I've ignored it but is there a chance ignoring it will fuck me over?
>>
File: 1491665899458.png (397KB, 422x504px) Image search: [Google]
1491665899458.png
397KB, 422x504px
So I've been doing SL for about 3 months now and I'm stalling on the same weights.
Last time I went to the gym(a week ago) I exhausted my heart to the point of it nearly stopping.
Now I know the reason for this is the fact my body can't keep up with the weights due to me not eating as much as I'd like to.
My question is what's a good bulk food I can make quick and eat plenty off?

Also, when I go back to the gym is it best to go easy and stay on the same weight til I can lift heavier or do I push myself further and see what happens?
>>
>>42225620
This would keep you very healthy and in good shape. Cycling will develop you good legs but not too thick and will also be good cardio which will be good for overall health and long life
>>
I'm completely new to getting /fit/, currently on a cut (1000kcal below TDEE) with 15 bf% and something along the lines of C3 as a goal.

5'10, 160lbs, Male

I'm doing the routine posted below very other day (3/4 times a week) and cardio twice a week. Will I gain muscles with this routine on a cut, do I have to be off the cut to make gains or is this routine completely useless in and of itself ?

==Warmup==

Plank
Side Plank
Reverse Plank
Hollow Hold
Arch Hold

==Strength==

A

4-6x5-10 Overhead Press
4-6x5-10 Bench Press
4-5x8-15 Skullcrusher
3-5x8-15 Crossover Fly
3-5x8-15 Kickback
3x8-15 Wrist Flexion
2x8-15 Wrist Extension
3-5xF Lateral Raise

B

4-6xF PushUp
4-6x5-10 Renegade Row
3-5x8-15 Hammer Curls
3-5x8-15 Standing Curls
3-5xF Reverse Fly
3-5x8-15 Facepull
3-5x8-15 Shrugs

C

3-5x10 Russian Twist
3-4x5-8 Weighed Squad
3-4x5-8 Split Squad
3x8-15 Calf Raises
3-4xF Ab Wheel Rollout
3-4xF Levitation Crunch
3-5xF Leg Raises

ABCABCx

I do all exercises with dumbbells.

How long does it usually take to notice development and is feeling muscle ache the next day a good sign ?

Should I add in some weighted dips for good measure ?
>>
what do you guys use to log your workouts?

iOS please
>>
>>42232120
Read the sticky faggot.

If you're completely new to getting /fit/ then don't start making up your own loopy routine and do something that's proven like 5/3/1 or SS or Sl or whatever.
>>
When I do a chin up, am I meant to go all the way down each time? I've been told you arent and it fucks your joints if you do but idk.
>>
>>42232221
Yes, to a 'dead hang'. It doesn't 'fuck with your joints.'
>>
I've been doing candy toe's strength/hypertrophy routine for a while now and it seems pretty good overall. What do you guys think of it? should I go back to SS? I did that for about 3 months and made decent gains but idk
>>
I dont know what to do. Im skinnyfat im doing 5x5 for 3 months. I want to gain muscle but at the same time lose fat. What do I eat???
>>
>>42232344
the sticky
>>
Can someone redpill me on this? Just picked this up at walmart, is there something better I could be using? I still have the reciept so no big deal if I have to return it. I'm 5'11 at around 68kg so I thought it might help as a supplement
>>
I just past 2pl8 deadlift. Will I need a belt as I go higher in weight?
>>
File: theraband-flexbar.jpg (327KB, 1200x1050px) Image search: [Google]
theraband-flexbar.jpg
327KB, 1200x1050px
does this help with recovering from tennis/golfer elbow or is it just snake oil?
>>
>>42232616

don't go cheap on supps faggot
>>
>>42232916
>don't go cheap on supps faggot
The fact that you think muh supps are doing any measurable difference is hilarious. The fact that you think the non-cheap ones are better is even more hilarious. Tell me how you know creatine gets you one extra rep next.
>>
>>42232616
>ass gainer
Just put peanut butter, oats, whole milk, and bananas into a blender then eat some fried chicken or something. Cmon man
>>
>>42232616
it will help but so does real food.
get mfp or a similar app and track your food and you will gain mass
>>
>>42232965
>>42232966

Fair enough, picked it up on a whim so no big deal. Thanks guy
>>
How long does it typically take for one to reach 1/2/3/4?
>>
Does a high fat/low carb diet work?

My friend was doing on and the dude lost a shit ton of weight and has been looking lean too
>>
I have access to 2 "gyms" for free - one is the apartment complex's fitness room, other is a fitness room at work.

Between these two there isn't any way to use a bar, and they are mostly machines. I can make due for all upper body exercises, but there is no way for me to do any squats/deadlifts.

The best I could do is use the "bar" on the cable machine at the apartment room (pic related) but I doubt I could really develop a good form or a ROM. How far can I get doing bodyweight leg exercises?
>>
File: dual1[1].jpg (184KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dual1[1].jpg
184KB, 1600x1600px
>>42233346

Fuck forgot pic
>>
File: chinup_1.jpg (16KB, 483x300px) Image search: [Google]
chinup_1.jpg
16KB, 483x300px
My chin-up bar is too low to the ground to do hanging leg raises with my arms extended. Is doing them from position B in this image going to fuck me up in any way?
>>
I'm a fatty that gets tired way too easily. 110 kg's at 185cm. Even climbing the stairs to my apartment gets me tired and heavily breathing. Will just dieting and workout do the trick? I have a really, really shitty endurance.
>>
>>42231173
until you hit plateau keep lifting according to program. No need for isolations when you can work your whole arm the same.

>>42231206
if you're exercising every day then yeah no shit you're going to fuck up your lifts. Either cut down on the rowing, eat more, or stop lifting. You're going to start failing in every aspect if you don't let your body recover.

>>42231896
see a doctor if you're concerned. /fit/ is not a good board for medical advice.

>>42231955
when was the last time you deloaded? what are your lifts? stats? how much are you eating?

>>42232681
until it feels like your insides are being squished you don't need a belt. I'm just over 2pl8 as well, i think you'll be find for a while longer.

>>42233207
Eating less works. Keto doesn't lose that much more weight than just plan old calorie restriction.

>>42233346
Those things are rarely worth it. It's just there to fool employees into thinking they're getting an extra value or whatever. Just join a regular gym.

>>42233639
dieting will help massively, but low-intensity cardio such as walking or swimming will also help immensely.
>>
>>42233573
no, just careful not to be swinging
>>
>>42233157
Depends on your starting point.
>>
What does PPLPPLx mean?
>>
File: 1487714145915.jpg (19KB, 480x488px) Image search: [Google]
1487714145915.jpg
19KB, 480x488px
>>42233693
don't remember the last time I deloaded.
my lifts are 77.5kg squat, 32kg ohp, 95kg deadlift, 45kg bench, 50kg rows.

I'm eating 2 small 1 normal meals a day and drinking protein shake but I don't think it's enough, I am gaining a bit of weight now(started on 58kg now I'm 64kg) but i still lag on lifts a lot and feel like I'm getting no where.
>>
File: Routine-1.png (85KB, 578x516px) Image search: [Google]
Routine-1.png
85KB, 578x516px
>>42222640
Added accessories to phrak's greyskull variation.

I don't like how he has you row and deadlift on the same day once every two weeks. How can I avoid this? Should I just row lighter those weeks?
>>
This girl I've been on a few dates with is coming over to my place tomorrow to watch a movie. I'm pretty confident that she wants the D (she was the one to suggest this), so my question is, how long through the movie do I wait until I start going to make out with her and get it started?
>>
>>42233157
<1 year
>>
>>42234057
When it's done of course. Wouldn't want to leave the movie unfinished!
>>
>>42233922
so you haven't been counting calories? Because yeah those lift numbers aren't great, particularly on a bulk.
>>
>>42233946
>I don't like how he has you row and deadlift on the same day once every two weeks.
...why? Those exercises have almost nothing to do with each other. Rows are for upper back, deadlift for lower.
>>
>>42233946
Friday
2x5, 1x5+ Bench/OHP
2x10-12 Curls/2x6-8 Chin Ups
2x5, 1x5+ Squat
2xF Leg Raises

Sunday
2x5, 1x5+ OHP/Bench
2x6-8 Chin Ups/2x10-12 Curls
1x5+ Deadlift
2x10-12 Reverse Flys

Tuesday
2x5, 1x5+ Bench/OHP
2x10-12 Curls/2x6-8 Chin Ups
2x5, 1x5+ Squat
2x10-12 LTE

don't know about your question but this ia my variant
>>
>>42233824
Push Pull Legs Push Pull Legs Rest
6 day a week routine
>>
42 hours into my first ever fast. 26 hours to go.

Any pro-tips?

Gonna switch over to intermittent fasting after I'm done. 6'2 220lbs. Lost absolutely all my gains after I went to law school. Started lifting again a few weeks ago after the summer started and it's going to take a while to get back to where I was. My god damn pants don't fit anymore and I'm just all sorts of soft. I don't want to bulk until I get my bf% down, otherwise I'll just be big AND fat.
>>
>>42227736
It was a charlie horse dummy.
>>
File: 1484948879254.jpg (67KB, 999x990px) Image search: [Google]
1484948879254.jpg
67KB, 999x990px
If you just train regularly and eat within +-500 of your maintenance each day, will you lose mostly fat when you go below and gain mostly muscle when you go above your daily maintenance?
Or do you need to be consistently above/below maintenance for a few weeks to get any effect?
Asked in a seperate thread but got no answers
>>
>>42234195
>Any pro-tips?
don't fast regularly. It's good every once in a while but there really aren't any benefits to doing it besides the mental aspect of it.

IF is safer and a lot more beneficial in the longrun.

otherwise just eat at a deficit and let the gains come back.

>>42234234
an inconsistent diet leads to inconsistent results. A dedicated bulk/cut will lead to faster results and generally faster overall progression.
>>
>>42234234
https://youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
>>42234259
How long would you suggest this current fast be? Should I just call it at 48 hours and start IF? Is this just mental torture for training to be a stoic?
>>
>>42234305
imo 48 is totally unnecessary. One day would be more than enough.
>>
good jump roping routine?
>>
>>42234360
But as soon as I eat my body gets out of ketosis and this extreme mental clarity will be gone! The only thing breaking my fast will do is make me fall asleep!
>>
>>42234387
So? Ketosis is a meme made up by fatties who don't want to stop eating cheese. It will not lose you weight any faster than a regular deficit.
>>
How fit would a rings workout make me?

Does it even make a difference from regular pullups/chinups and dips?
>>
Is it ok to deadlift barefoot?
>>
>>42234498
Yeah, usually lifting shoes have padding on the heel area which helps squatting, but it gives you trouble while deadlifting. I take my shoes off when I do didlies.
>>
sugar vs flour, which is worse? how they affect insulin levels? will they lead to betus?
>>
File: 1499886490464.jpg (75KB, 720x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1499886490464.jpg
75KB, 720x1081px
If I focus purely on cardio and diet when losing weight and not lift will I end up skinny fat?

I'm new. Starting from fat. Jump rope is what I had in mind. Or swimming
>>
I can either do 4 chin ups unassisted or 8 add15kg. Which do I go for?

Can I train my biceps in an SS-esque manner with progressive overload, like doing 2 sets of 5kg and going up by 2.5 every week or so? my biceps are so fucking weak senpai
>>
Hello /fit/, I'm having an issue with my Deadlift form. As I lift up, I have trouble keeping my hips from straightening out the moment I begin the lift. If I don't straighten them, I can't get the bar past my legs as my shins keep the bar from going straight up.

Am I over thinking this?
>>
File: 1500436669997.jpg (106KB, 383x424px) Image search: [Google]
1500436669997.jpg
106KB, 383x424px
My grip strength is starting to fail at 235lb deadlifts.

Should I switch to mixed/hook grip, or should I just keep going until my grip strength improves?
>>
>>42222640
are there any meals recipes or stuff that have ALL/close to your daily recommended doses of minerals, nutrients and all that? can be one whole meal or like 3 meals
>>
>>42234680
no

biceps dont need progressive overload with heavy weight low reps, you risk the injury that way and that just isnt worth it. After your pull workout just do some bicep work, ~ 12 rep range is safer and works well for muscle growth.
>>
>>42234780

And how often should I increase the weight? Let's say I can do 15kg x 5. What's a decent amount of sets and weight taking that into consideration?
>>
>>42234826
You often cant progress with isolation exercises like you could with big lifts. You simply place the isolation at the end of the workout and at that time your fatigue is already a limiting factor. Just use a weight you can do for 10-15 reps for a set at that time.

You really do not need to worry about progression on any isolation exercises, they are the ones you want to switch around and try new stuff with differing variables like rest time and bar/db etc. Dont get stuck on doing the same thing with isolation.
>>
>>42234864

fuark senpai my pull is so shit though. Mi bis, rotator cuff, lats and posterior delts suck hard. Idk how to improve those areas. I'm doing Candito's hypertrophy/strength but my lifts just aren't going up that much. Maybe I should just go back on SS.
>>
>>42234864
diff anon, i added dumbbell curls to the end of my squat day, which include chin ups. Is that overworking the muscle? I haven't progressed and am stuck on 30 lb dumbbells for like a week now.
>>
>>42234958
If it limits your pull day the next time you train, it is too much. If not, then it isnt. Biceps are a small muscle group and dont need that much time resting.
>>
>>42234988
so far i haven't noticed any issue.
>>
outside a low bf%, is there anything you should be doing to have the most out of your adonis belt?
>>
>>42223635
sounds like you might have a pilonidal cyst
>>
>>42226131
check your form. if I try to squat too wide I get pain high up in my hip. you may need to try playing with foot width, toe direction, knee tracking, etc etc to find a movement pattern that works for you
>>
Is it normal for my lower back to be sore after deadlifts? I have good form, I've check with video and had people check it, but my lower back is still always sore directly afterwards. Is that just the muscle being worked, or am I fucking myself up somehow?
>>
>>42233346
Bodyweight leg exercises won't get you far. I was doing pistol squats with 30 lbs and the most challenging thing then was the balance aspect. It did give me a nice strength base on my legs. I was able to do a lmao3pl8 squat within 5 months of lifting weights. If that's your only option do it but joining a good gym would benefit you more.
>>
Lads is it normal to enter ketosis in 3 days? I got those pee strips and it says im in. I also feel great and my apetite for bread and shit is gone.
>>
File: 2433124.jpg (181KB, 720x1278px) Image search: [Google]
2433124.jpg
181KB, 720x1278px
>>42235267
>>42235267
>>42235267
>>42235267
anyone? i'm achieving auschwitz levels and still not popping up unless I pose sideways a bit. I don't believe it's a bf% percentage
frontally it's almost non-existant
it's the only reason I haven't started bulking

pic related is me
>>
How does ohp differ from military press?

Also, how do I go out of my comfort zone on squats without them turning into squatmornings
>>
>>42235570
Some people just dont have the build for it.
Like how some people at low bf still dobt have visible abs.

You seem to be lacking a thick core tho, maybe work on that
>>
>>42235665
I fell for the dirty bulk and compounds are enough for abs meme
had to cut for like 2 years(fucked up a lot of times hence the long time) but dropped almost 30kg

guess it's time to bulk, or should I get leaner?
>>
>>42235697
You are clearly lean enough, work on obliques

Don't cut, but if you want to bulk is up to you
>>
>>42235753
I was thinking of doing 3x week hanging leg raises(could do like 2x regular ones and 2x swinging to the sides), ab wheel and some sort of direct oblique work like side planks or that one with cables.

would this be overkill?
>>
>>42235771
Track your results and go from there,

But id say direct oblique work will be best.
side planks are pretty good.
There are plenty of 20ish minute core workouts you can do anywhere, do those on your off days or add it to your stretching at the end of your workout
>>
Am I correct in saying that they won't make you shorter because they don't "remove" any bone, and just compress you, and given some recovery time you should get back to your normal height? And if you start lifting around 16 -18 that you would benefit from those compound movements as they release lots of test and shit that is crucial for growth?
>>
i just got a new routine, the trainer said i couldnt do chest and shoulders in the same day
is he right?
>>
>>42236136
they: Squats/Deadlifts, my bad
>>
File: 1500440202448.jpg (66KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1500440202448.jpg
66KB, 437x437px
I hadn't been able to go to the gym for a few months and I started back again this week. It's supposed to be leg day today but after pull day my lower back and hamstrings are really sore and they don't work at 100%. Should I still be good to squat today?
>>
File: 1499680578528.jpg (228KB, 844x513px) Image search: [Google]
1499680578528.jpg
228KB, 844x513px
Going to make an appointment for gyno surgery, have to talk with the plastic surgeon first obviously.
Sent an email to make an appointment so I was wondering

anyone here done it? I'm lean and looking shredded BUT I have that pesky lump underneath the nipples, completely ruins my physique and self-esteem when my nips aren't hard
since i'm lean and have basically no chest fat I dont think I'll need lipo

1.how long should I be expecting to be off the gym before going back to heavy ass benching?

2. how was the whole experience of the surgery(local or not anesthesia, did it hurt/freak out during it, recovery, results etc...)

3. how did you keep your gains? thats if you did. thinking of eating at maintenance while I cant lift

much appreciated if you guys could answer
>>
Ex-beginner/middle beginner here. Have been out off the regular gym schedule for over half a year now, I have been going on average once or twice a month doing my regular routine. I sit at a desk over half the day every day so my squat is down 100lbs, I also almost never squat in my few gym sessions and my back is always tight from lack of movement, but the rest of my strength is only slightly declined (5%-15%). I don't really look like I've lost much muscle besides in legs, but overall I look skinny fat as fuck. Once class starts again I can hit the gym on the regular again, so at that point I'll need to make a decision my diet. Right now I just try not to eat bad more than a few times a week, so it's no wonder I got skinny fat.
tldr;
7 month major decrease in gym frequency only slight to moderate loss in strength but major gain in stomach fat area about to get back to my routine
Need tips for routine/diet--I'm almost desperate to get rid of my gut
>>
File: 1500672438559.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500672438559.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Where's the Boogie2988 thread at?
>>
I've been using mixed grip on deadlifts and have made nice improvement to it (+40lbs)

Wll my back be more developed on one side?
Should I use normal grip even though my deadlift will drastically decrease?
>>
>>42234136
You still need a lot of support from your lower back when doing barbell rows to keep your body stabilized
>>
File: Mumrik.png (91KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
Mumrik.png
91KB, 184x184px
When doing a PPL routine, is it best to do it so that deadlifts (pull) are done the day before or the day after squats (legs)?
>>
Where does /fit/ get their high protein recipes?
>>
why do my wrists kill me when setting up for regular pushup when I can do 50 in a row on my fists? how do i make them more flexible? stretching hasn't worked
>>
>>42236693
not nearly enough to actually matter when it comes to lifting.
>>
Is whey protein the one I should go for? Optimum brand?
Also, I use StrongLifts 5x5 app and it's pretty cute. If I were to switch to PPL, which app would you recommend?
>>
Any recommendations for a good smelling antiperspirants? I just tried to find a new brand to use but as I was smelling them I realized they all smelled like cheap bar soap.
>>
>>42237758
i stopped using antiperspirants after they kept staining my shirts. old spice deodorants smell great but they only last like 2 hours max.
>>
>>42237758
Hard to say since it's all subjective, but you've gotta test them out because they'll smell different on you after a while. Bought one I thought smelled good but I can't stand it when I catch a whiff after a workout.
>>
I see a ton of bad shit on SS here. Not sure if it is because of the meme or it really isn't optimal for gains. My goal is to slowly build a good physique. Do not really like bulking to fatland then cutting and feeling shitty. Just want a steady, but speedy trip to zyzz physique.

As a lvl 1 noob who's going to the gym tommorow, what routine should i do?

I need to get my z's soon btw
>>
What's a good starting point for supplements? I've tried pre-workouts and haven't found them all that useful, and I've tried creatine but don't know if it's had any effect. Would I be good with just whey protein shakes?
>>
File: 46d.jpg (35KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
46d.jpg
35KB, 800x450px
is hops actually estrogenous?
Do I have to give up 40s to make it?
>>
>>42238076
here's the rundown on what SS is and is not for:

SS is for
>beginners and those who haven't lifted in a while, also teenagers
> learning how to do compound lifts
>building a solid foundation to transfer to a more intensive program
>ideally bulking, though could be used on a cut with less ideal end results

SS is NOT for
>getting shredded
>changing the program
>isolation movements
>doing it for more than 6-7 months
>fatasses
>GOMAD
>>
>>42238079
you don't need any supplements. That's why they're called supplements. They supplement your diet if you're lacking.

Most people don't need them, and pre-workout is just sugared-up caffeine. Coffee will do just fine. Whey protein is great to have on hand but not a necessity
>>
>>42234057
You're going to fuck yourself monumentally if you think about it. Just work on impulse. Who knows, maybe you'll start making out and fucking as soon as you open the door. People on here forget that sex is supposed to be fun, and it isn't some metric to figure out how "alpha" you are.
>>
>>42238196
So what would you say about a noob doing Greyskull?

My goal is to consistently look better as i lift more each month. Do not care for strength or powerlifts?
>>
File: Cv5X6WTVYAAq_Qr.jpg (21KB, 415x479px) Image search: [Google]
Cv5X6WTVYAAq_Qr.jpg
21KB, 415x479px
I'm 5'6 154lbs

Should I be cutting or bulking? I was planning to do keto for cut but if I need to bulk I will need to figure out a better diet for a bulk
>>
>>42222640
Is there any way to decompress the spine without a pull-up bar? I read that squats and deadlifts compress the spine and you need to decompress it afterwards otherwise you get injuries. There's nothing in my surroundings to hang from. Flat is rented, so I can't install a bar myself either. So, are there any ground level ways to decompress? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>42238270
In order to reach joocy FUARK-mode you need to have a solid base of strength to start with. I recommend SS to begin to get the lifts right and then move to GSLP
>>
Brehs I think I fucked my shoulder last week. I was doing chest accessory on the incline bench machine and on my last rep I think I brought it back too fast. Now when I move my arm in a motion that is upwards and back it hurts. Like if I rub my head, or dry my hair after showering with towel. Anyone else had anything like this? Something I should go to doctor for? It doesn't hurt much but it's enough to be noticeable and uncomfortable. Same if I just extend my arm and then flex my chest and delts then it hurts too. FUARK
>>
>>42238527
Could be fucked up rotator cuff. Seek help from doc.
>>
Got hospitalised last Wednesday for a stomach bug and severe dehydration. I used to be able to do 5 to 8k three to four times a week but since then I've barely been able to do 2.5k

How do I fix this?
>>
>>42238945
rest and recover. Then train to get back to where you were.
>>
File: o-TUNA-facebook.jpg (315KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-TUNA-facebook.jpg
315KB, 2000x1000px
Bought some tuna to have for breakfast, because it tastes delicious, full of protein, and I can wolf it down at my desk at work.

Now I'm reading shit about how it has mercury and I shouldn't eat more than a can every few days. Whats the deal?
>>
>>42239048
tuna is pretty mercury-rich out of all the fish readily available. Having more than one can a day can fuck you up, and even then it's recommended to stick to less than 4 cans a week.

Mercury poisoning fucks with your head, it's very subtle and basically just makes you act...off. Not quite yourself. Definitely not good to make a regular part of the diet. Most people seem to suggest salmon as an alternative, though it's not as cheap.
>>
>>42239109
Can I eat slamon out of the can like I can tuna?
>>
File: IMG_1382.png (214KB, 251x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1382.png
214KB, 251x599px
Question for you /fit/izens regarding bf% and bodytype. I am 5'6 who used to be overweight but eventually decided to cut.
So I get down to around 129lbs which is almost underweight, yet despite having visible abs and running every day, my lower stomach always slightly protrudes by about half an inch than my waist.
It's in line with my chest, flat, and even visible obliques with an estimated bf% of around 12% but no matter what I could never get rid of it.
So instead I started bulking and actually lifting and I've gained about 20lbs but everything looks the same in the mirror.

My question is, is this just my body type? Or is it possible to get that fully flat stomach?
>>
>>42239118
i'm p sure
>>
>>42239119
129 pounds is thin, but not "underweight". You could easily get down to 120 if you just want to see if it'll go away. Very possible it's belly fat, also possible that's just the way your body's built.
>>
>>42223496
You're retarded. Chins don't belong m train the lats any less than pull ups. Try performing shoulder extension with your forearm supinated vs pronated.
>protip: it's exactly the fucking same
>>
>>42239133
Guess I'll see how things look the next time I cut. I think it may just be belly fat but I was nearly starving myself for months only eating 500 calories and doing HIIT everyday. Figured I was wasting daylight on personal image when I could be getting stronger.
>>
>>42224373
You don't need an insulin response to move creatine intracellularly.
>>
>>42239166
>but I was nearly starving myself for months only eating 500 calories and doing HIIT everyday.
you don't have to eat that low just to have a deficit. As a matter of fact, when you're that low already you shouldn't be doing any more than a 500 deficit, maybe less.
>>
>>42226741
Half a pound of chicken breast isn't half a pound of protein. Read nutrition labels you retarded faggot.
>>
>>42239229
>half a pound of protein
>224g of protein
jesus christ
>>
>>42228806
Trendelenburg test.
>>
File: neat.png (63KB, 463x875px) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
63KB, 463x875px
>>42239229
Huh. TIL.
I figured meat, especially low-fat meat, must be straight protein.

Thank you for correcting me, anon.

So it looks like 1 lb of chicken breast would probably be enough?

Seems like between that and an average of 6g of protein per chicken egg it should still be trivial to meet those protein requirements.

Given an average price per lb of $3.24 in my area, that's ~$100 per month on chicken. Spend the rest on veggies and I feel like a healthy, whole-food diet that's tasty and meets all the macro requirements should be easy, right?

Or will I run into micronutrient issues if I try to live on chicken, onions, and bell peppers?
>>
>>42224316
lifting won't make you punch harder if that's what you think. also the most important muscle for punching is your glutes and quads
>>
Does /fit/ have any wisdom teeth advice? I'll be having a wisdom teeth extraction soon, which will prevent any strenuous activity.

Any recommendations on:
> how many teeth to pull (just lower or all four teeth)
> local anesthesia or schleeep
> how I should lift before surgery
> recovery after surgery
> getting back innagym without destroying myself

For reference, I weigh 190lb, and my current 5RM are
> 130 ohp
> 205 bench
> 350 squat
> 335 dl
>>
>>42239119
Everybody in the Western part of the world go around sucking in the stomach. Nobody has ever taken a picture of their abs without tensing them first. The fact of the matter is that your abs aren't actually supposed to be 100% flat when relaxed.
If the lower part is protruding a lot, it probably has more to do with posture (pelvis, lumbar spine) than with bodyfat percentage.
>>
>>42239327
True.
Fun fact: Did you know that the hardstyle kettlebell swing exercise was designed specifically to augment the hand-to-hand combat of the Russian special forces?
>>
Are low cut Vaans ok to use when lifting?
>>
>>42239399
They're fine.
>>
Smelly shaker, should I just buy a new one?
>>
>>42239363
I can only speak from my own experience

>all four
>local anesthesia (they also give you some benzos, so you're pretty fucking loopy and won't remember it anyway, but you're "awake")
>doesn't matter
>2-4 days until wound heals
>wait 4 days.
>>
>>42239405
I's concerned that the sole isn't as hard as my other sneakers. Though the other are a tighter fit.
>>
>>42239412
wash that shit out with hot water, white vinegar, and soap. Do it like 4 times over. Let dry. If it still stinks buy a new one.
>>
>>42239428
I've done 200kg rackpulls in fat soft soled running shoes with no problems. Look, a harder sole is better, but it's REALLY not nearly as big of an issue as people like to make it.
Here's a pearl of wisdom for you: the shit people argue over the most, is the shit that matters the least.
>>
>>42239376
Hah. If I sick my stomach in. My hand will be protruding yet featue
>>42239179
Sorry. Was an exaggeration but I was on a deficit for months.
>>
File: 1480612672772.jpg (193KB, 540x516px) Image search: [Google]
1480612672772.jpg
193KB, 540x516px
Are the MyProtein whey flavors any good? Been sticking to unflavored ever since trying some of the Walmart brand that all tasted awful except the vanilla. Getting tempted by the brownie batter one.
>>
>>42239575
no. just buy ON if you can afford it. Myprotein is dogshit in every way except price/performance.
>>
>>42239575
Myprotein smooth chocolate mixed with whole milk tastes like liquid cake. In a good way. But it absolutely has to be whole milk, everything else tastes like garbage.
>>
File: 14874477.png (648KB, 986x516px) Image search: [Google]
14874477.png
648KB, 986x516px
>>42230845
only on the 'ch0n
>>
If 8-12 reps are supposed to help in making me 'ripped', then isn't adding those accessories to a strength program like GSLP at the end gonna make me both strong and lean?

Or am I missing something out here?
>>
My lower back feels tight a day after performing deadlifts.. what gives?

It's not very painful but it kinda feels like my whole lower back is really tight.

Am I just weak, I was just deadlifting 65kg.
>>
what's the best way to reduce lip swelling from a fight?
>>
is p90x a meme?
>>
Can I get big athletic legs from doing hill climbs on a single speed bike? And sprinting as well?

Also what about Bulgarian split squats?

I plan on doing weighed pull ups, dips, muscle ups and rock climbing for upper body and one of 2 options above for legs
>>
Is it a bad idea to do HIIT on rest days if I'm starting out with SS?
>>
>>42240771
btw I'm a bit underweight but my legs are pretty fit
>>
>>42239915
>being this retarded

>>42240476
you may deadlift with a rounded lower back

>>42240514
rest ice compression elevation (r.i.c.e.)

>>42240564
yes

>>42240706
your methods are less effective than ordinary weight lifting but they'll nget you somewere. no need for muscleups if you have pullups and dips

>>42240771
just don't overdo it
>>
>>42240817

>being this retarded

Then explain to me why I'm wrong
>>
Can I train front squats exclusively without missing out on anything? I like them way more than back squats and don't plan to compete... I also deadlift conventionally and snatch grip DL once a week.
>>
About 24 to 48 hours after pinning, I get pip that lasts a few days and leaves a little sorry knot in the area.

Is my gear bad?
>>
The anabolic effects from squats and deadlifts, how big are they? I have a bad injury that's going to take my knee about a year to recover from. I haven't done a single legday in the 3 months I started lifting. How much is my upper body growth affected and held back?
>>
>>42238482
Fair critique.

Last question, should i bulk during this phase?
>>
I need help with my diet, I'm trying to eat healthier and lose weight. Background is I'm 6'3" and ~350lbs of mostly fat. This is two days worth of food I've planned as an example:

Breakfast: Yogurt, granola, pumpkin seeds, raspberries, blueberries
Lunch: Two slices wholemeal bread, hummous, various vegetables, cheese, walnuts, almonds
Dinner: chicken, brown rice, broccoli, spinach, peas, cashew nuts, sauce
Snacks: banana, orange, carrots
>2261 calories, 211 carb, 86 fat, 145 protein

Breakfast: Milk, oats, peanut butter, raspberries, blueberries
Lunch: Two slices wholemeal bread, can of tuna, mayo, walnuts, almonds
Dinner: quinao, wild salmon, peas, kale, broccoli, nuts, sauce
Snacks: various fruit and veg
>2270 calories, 217 carb, 93 fat, 131 protein

Is there anything i'm badly missing or does it look ok? Also, is there anything bad about eating tuna for lunch then salmon for dinner every tuesday and thursday? I read on here too much fish can be bad
>>
>>42241031
You may want to look up how much mercury you are getting from the tuna, and what is too much fish in a time period. That is the only reason fish can be bad, but we are talking particles per million. That meal set up is intetesting and covers more bases than most that I have seen, pretty damn nice!
>>
>>42240988
Halp please
>>
>>42241093
Thanks, I've been reading the threads here where people argue about the best diets. The longest living people all seem to have one thing in common, and that's <10% total calories from meat and <20% from dairy (ish). So I tried to aim for something like that where I get most my calories from fruit, veg, grains, nuts etc. I guess I'll cut the tuna out
>>
retarded question: when you squeeze your glutes, is it normal for your knees to push outward? my knees do and they feel sore afterwards even doing it with overhead presses
>>
File: 1484666089219.jpg (111KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484666089219.jpg
111KB, 720x960px
If sterons give you super recovery benefit shouldn't you train same bodypart 5 days a week instead of doing split and hitting it once a week? Muscle protein synthesis is increased while on gear but is it better than hitting muscles more frequent?
>>
I can do db curls with like 12-13kg if I'm going for 6 or so reps. If I'm trying for 12, I barely do 8-9kg, is this normal?
How is it possible I'm able to do 12+ chinups and curl so little? My wingspan is huge (it's like 200cm, while my height is 184, weight 82kg), I guess I could be using mostly back to offset the bad leverages?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.