[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

barbell to dumbbell equivalents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1500261880613.jpg (76KB, 640x799px) Image search: [Google]
1500261880613.jpg
76KB, 640x799px
How much do you
>barbell flat bench vs dumbbell flat bench
>barbell ohp vs dumbbell ohp
>barbell row vs dumbbell row
>barbell curl vs dumbbell curl
>barbell overhead extension vs dumbbell skullcrusher
>>
>db: 65lbx12 bb: 135lbx8
>db: 40lbx12 bb: 125lbx1
>dont do dumbbell rows
>db: 35lbx8 bb: 70lbx8
>dont do either of those

Dumbbell weights are per dumbbell, also I have a shoulder issue that only hurts when I barbell bench press.
>>
>Bench: BB 225x5 vs DB 190x5
>Incline: BB 205x5 vs DB 170x5

I do standing OHP with the bar but seated with DBs so I don't think those are comparable.
>>
What would be the dumbell equivalent of 1/2/3/4? I have up to 120lb dumbbells.
>>
STOP MAKING THIS THREAD
>>
>>42221971
I'm guessing you've seen a similar thread to this before?

I checked the catalog, and there's no similar thread to this. Why not just post stats?
>>
>>42221877
Are you combining the 2 dbs into one total? Like you use a 95 pound db in each hand so you call that 190?
>>
>>42221958
You can definitely get to (and beyond) 1pl8 OHP and 2pl8 bench with two 120lb dumbbells, as for squats and deadlifts, well you can do lunges, and if you can lunge with two 120lb dumbbells. you probably can squat 3pl8.
>>
Barbell flat 190lbs x 10 vs DB 85lbs x 10
Barbell Ohp 110lbs x 10 vs DB 63lbs x 10
Barbell row 155lbs x 10 vs DB 85lbs x 10 *single arm DB*
Barbell curl 100lbs x 10 vs DB 35-40lbs x 10
>>
Can I ask in here about a dumbbell curlbro program? I only really have access to dumbbells/freeweights, and as a fatass my legs are already thick enough.
>>
>>42221732
weight of each db in a db exercise = (barbell equivalent - weight of the bar)/2
you're welcome
>>
>>42222294
not always the case
>>
>>42221732
>implying there aren't several different ways of performing all these exercises
In my opinion the dumbbell variations due to their higher degree of instability will never be suited for maximal strength work. Use the barbell variations for that. On the other hand DBs are great for assistance work because they are easier on the joints (allowing more volume to be done) and because you can often achieve a greater range of motion.
The point is, if you're comparing how much you lift with a BB to how much you lift with DBs, you're using one of the exercises wrong. They're not supposed to be one and the same - They each have their pros and cons and you better be using that to your advantage.
>>
>>42222294
Not quite. The more stability you have, the more force you will be able to display. You will ALWAYS be able to move more weight with a barbell than with dumbbells, if you're doing the exercises similarly and not cheating with the DBs. Provided you're skilled in both exercises of course. These are facts.
>>
>>42222448
>You will ALWAYS be able to move more weight with a barbell than with dumbbells
Re-read the post you're quoting.
If you bench 80 kg with a barbell, you'll bench 30+30 with dumbbells. And so on and so forth.
>>42222352
Pretty much always. Unless you're using a 10 kg barbell. If you subtract ~45 lbs/~20 kg from the barbell equivalent you'll find almost invariably the correct dumbbell equivalent.
>>
>flat bench
185x5 vs 65x8
>Ohp
105x5 vs 40x10
>Row
155x5 vs 50x8
>Curl
? vs 30x12
>?
? Vs ?
>>
>>42221732
I'm 100 sure I shouldn't post this shit, but I'm getting tired of seeing these thots at the gym every day.

We all know they dress like this just for a ttention.

Today's the 8th time I saw a few guys try to talk and flirt with some random bitch at the gym, all of them actually got rejected.

I swear gym babes are the worst, no joke.
>>
>>42222847
>100%
>>
>>42222847
They do it to attract *high value* males, not some generic gym rats.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.