[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything in meat, dairy and eggs that you cant get from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 26

File: Truth.png (280KB, 750x629px) Image search: [Google]
Truth.png
280KB, 750x629px
Is there anything in meat, dairy and eggs that you cant get from plants and a b12 shot? Other than heart disease and cancer of course.
>>
>>42218304
Flavor and the smile that comes with it
>>
>>42218304
Yeah you get the ability to make more creative shitposts.
>>
>>42218317
Which is why you have to slather meat in sugar and drench eggs in hot sauce, yeah?
>>
>>42218304
>watercress and qiinoa cure cancer

Lmao fucking vegans.
>>
>>42218304
>"I cured my cancer and my heart disease" -said no one ever
FIFY
>>
Meat tastes good. Doing things in life that feel good or are needed to succeed, but might not be ideal for max longevity, such as drugs, alcohol, stress, or somewhat risky activities are generally worth it. Life expectancy of a male where I live is 80. Considering only ~1 of the population are vegans, I'd say that it's pretty fair to say that the life expectancy of a meat eating male is also roughly 80. That's more than long enough, and the argument for "animal products might kill you, stop eating them" is pretty weak because of it.

The fact that it's cheaper, contributes to climate change way less, and doesn't fund animal abuse is a lot more compelling.
>>
>>42218304
that would be a funny picture if there was actually a cure for either of those you stupid fucking faggot.
>>
"I never got cancer and heart disease by eating meat, diary, and eggs" - me
>>
>>42218324
>slather meat in sugar
why do vegans always make the most fucktarded arguments. Practically unseasoned, uncooked meat are considered a delicacy and taste good, fucking steaks and sashimi. Hell just plain baked chicken tastes fucking good.
>>
Put vegan in the OP so I can filter it you faglord
>>
>>42218362
You know that a plant based whole foods diet can reverse heart disease right?
>>
>>42218470
You know not eating a carrot isn't the cause of heart disease to begin with?
>>
>>42218490
You know eating saturated fat and cholesterol which meat is high in cayses high serun cholesterol which is the cause of heart disease
>>
mind showing me the claims that diet can cure cancer?
>>
>>42218304
there are actually some forms of cancer that derive its energy via fermentation and that can only be done in a sugar rich environment so keto diets and/or fasting proved beneficial in at least reducing them
>>
File: 1500625738967.png (73KB, 750x271px) Image search: [Google]
1500625738967.png
73KB, 750x271px
>>
>>42218814
Yes eating meat and fatty food long term and in excess will give you atherosclerosis.

That's why should limit it. Why are you guys all or nothing.
>>
>>42219074
No human cell can do fermentation... What pop science have you been reading.

Keto shill inforgrafics perhaps?
>>
>>42219074
Are you lying or are you just ignorant?
>>
File: 1499958484773.png (29KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
1499958484773.png
29KB, 354x286px
>>42219275
kek
>>
>>42219310
>No human cell can do fermentation
Stop embarrassing yourself please.
>>
>>42218304
>Cancer cures
The sign of quackery
Cancer has no cure
>>
>>42218324
Fucking lol. Have you ever tried a stake? Of course not. But you can't be this retarded... can you? Sigh. Of course you can. Here, let me help you out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4
>slather meat in sugar
>three flavouring agents
>non are sugar

Your argument is simply about how much you DON'T know about cooking, and how, therefore, meat eaters wouldn't know, either.
And this comes from a dude who goes around recommending veganism to plenty of people. Do not pretend like your idiocy is everyone else's fault.
>>
>>42218814
>implying people who eat meat only eat meat
You should seriously consider offing yourself.
>>
>>42219310
>what is a microbiome
The reason lactose intolerance exists is literally fermentation. If lactose didn't get fermented, nor absorbed, it would be excreted along the rest of the shit.
>>
File: consuming-chaga.jpg (50KB, 950x624px) Image search: [Google]
consuming-chaga.jpg
50KB, 950x624px
This shit might actually help to cure your cancer tho
>>
>>42218304
>plants and a b12 shot?
Wow, such amazing intellect, much smarts.

You litrially had to add 'b12 shot' to your DEFICIENT diet in order for it to sound like a BALANCED diet that totally provides everything a human needs.

Protip: if your diet needs 'supplements' in order to keep you healthy... Then the diet youre on isn't fucking healthy to start with.

Inb4 the usual semantic bullshit you kids come up with, with your impaired logic and other diet cuased impairments.
>>
>>42218304
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4215472/
>>
Cancer cells grow exponentially faster in the presence of glucose, so I mean it'd probably be in your best interest to go on keto if you had cancer
>>
>>42218378
You are a few months late and are on the wrong site
>>>reddit
>>>ifunny
>>>9gag
>>
>>42218349
/thread
>>
>>42218304
Op look at

>>42220050
^

I was getting ready to post a similar article.
>>
high quality protein
>>
>>42218349
Solid points

Even if you're alive past 80, what kind of life will you really have?
>>
>>42218304
I cured cancer with Kale
said nobody sane
>>
I know this is bait, but for the few fucks who might get influenced by this:

The health benefits of vegetarian/vegan diets are either negligible or wholly accounted for by just having a healthier diet/lifestyle all around.

The meat=cancer thing refers to processed meat (sausage, bacon, etc), consumed literally every day (I think it was something like 200g). This results in about +2% higher risk of a specific kind of cancer (I believe it was pancreatic) over THE ENTIRE LIFETIME. So instead of 2% risk, you got 4%. Big whoop. Don't eat like a fat fuck.

Dairy has no negative effects, so long as you don't over-consume (duh) and have no allergies/intolerance (duh).

The eggs=cholesterol=heart disease is a meme from the 60s, where they correlated the three. Guess what? If you eat like shit, both cholesterol goes up and heart disease risk goes up. And people who eat like shit, tend to eat a shit ton of scrambled eggs with their morning bacon, practically deep fried in butter. There is no direct correlation tho. (I swear, this meme will never die. It's worse than the low-fat meme.)

The better studies (aka, everything that isn't the China-study) confirm that you need these things in your diet for longevity:
Vegetables, a little fruit, some kind of grain, legumes, nuts and seeds.
If these are a given, literally everything else is optional. (Tho fatty fish tends to be healthier than salami. Shocking, I know.)

This isn't rocket science, people. Basically just eat a bunch of different plant stuff, go easy on carbs and don't eat shit-meat all of the time.
>>
Slaughtet all vegans -- they are like cattle anyway.
>>
File: IMG_4221.jpg (145KB, 883x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4221.jpg
145KB, 883x662px
>>
>>42220486

Isn't summer vacation nice?
>>
>>42220207

Exactly. Vegans tend be healthier not because they are vegans. They are vegans because they are health conscious and think that it is good for them. Their veganism is correlated to the fact that they care about their health, which is the cause of healthy habits, not the veganism itself.

I am extremely healthy and have a great diet, which included 180g of protein, half to two thirds of which come from meat. I eat as little sat fats as possible, and my carb intake is almost exclusively from legumes, veggies, and fruit (sometimes whole grains or quinoa)

So BTFO vegan shills.

Also, before you start talking about cow farts and global warming, how much carbon is being released by importing your chia seeds and soy bullshit from wherever it is grown and manufactured?

As far as the ethical argument: If you think that animal rights are more important than the right to eat what you want, then you win. But I don't.
>>
File: Dio+you+bastard_03f98c_6267788.jpg (110KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Dio+you+bastard_03f98c_6267788.jpg
110KB, 750x750px
I know plenty of people who cured their heart disease by eating a keto a diet which included plenty of meat, dairy and eggs.

Nothing cures cancer except chemo.
>>
>>42218304
>implying you can cure heart disease and cancer by eating quinoa, 5lbs of lettuce per day, and tofu

stick to the moral route, vegans.
>>
>>42219275
there we go
>>
>>42221441
>I am extremely healthy and have a great diet
>180g of protein, half to two thirds of which come from meat.

LOL are you meat cucks serious?
>>
>>42218304
>I cured my cancer by eating black bean burgers, fried seitan, and avocado toast.
-Said no one ever
>>
File: 1499641153427.jpg (68KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499641153427.jpg
68KB, 530x600px
>>42219275
>>
>be self-proclaimed vegan
>diet makes you incredibly b12 deficient
>being b12 deficient means your memory stops working right
>have to take b12 supplements
>b12 is from animal meat
>either you aren't a vegan or you don't remember if you were one or not
>>
>>42218304
>Meat is bad and causes heart disease
>Nuts are good and help prevent heart disease
>The reason for both of these is because they both are rich in unsaturated fats.
Please, tell me more about how you've been brainwashed.
>>
>>42221798
>b12 is from animal meat
this must be b8ing
there's no possibility someone could be this stupid
>>
>>42221824
its an animal product
>>
>>42218814
>Eating cholesterol
>which is the cause of heart disease
Your body does not magically add eaten cholesterol to your own.
Cholesterol being bad, the lipid hypothesis, is a disproven hypothesis that was created by cherry picking data.
The moved goalposts, that LDL is the cause for heart disease, has also never been proven. Cherry picked studies and studies with low sample sizes have linked it, but correlation does not imply causation.
If you look at a large amount of studies, especially those with large sample sizes, you'll find that LDL is actually not linked with heart disease. Funnily enough, no correlation actually does prove there is no causation.
And if that's not enough for you, every study out there, even your cherry picked ones, say that HDL is good for you and linked with reducing heart disease. The only way to increase your HDL is to eat foods that will, relative to the other options, also increase your LDL.
>>
>>42218304
>Having cancer and heart disease at the same time.
W E W
>how to tell you lost the gene pool race.
>>
What do veggie people think is going to happen to billions of animals kept alive exclusively to be eaten and/or to produce stuff to be eaten if no one wants to keep eating them?
>>
>>42221824
Ye, its like nobody knows you can also get it from excrements
>>
>>42218304
waiting for septs
>>
>>42221775
Eating good quality meat is healthy, the best protein source (eg. amino profile)

Also ironic calling normal people "cucks" when you, as a member of the species that is on the top of the world's food chain is so "cucked" that you only eat plants like prey animals :p
>>
File: muh 8 gorillion leucine.png (134KB, 770x1536px) Image search: [Google]
muh 8 gorillion leucine.png
134KB, 770x1536px
>>42222093
>muh aminu ashids
>>
File: go-vegan.jpg (288KB, 1800x735px) Image search: [Google]
go-vegan.jpg
288KB, 1800x735px
>>42222222
Go vegan
>>
>>42222119
"muh gazillion vagtabels"
I got it, if you eat the whole veggie stand from whole foods, you get a nice excell sheet!
your winner
>>
>>42222119
Either correct your calculator or starting sprinkling some iodized salt onto your food.
>>
>>42222267
>half a pack of pasta and a can of chickpeas is a lot of food for a sitting
>a cup of oats and a spoonful of chia seeds is too much for breakfast
>a cup of lentils and a block of tofu is too much for dinner
kys you're self
>>
>>42222119
>Noodles boiled in unsalted water
>Canned tomatoes
>Chia seeds
>Seitan
How cum all ur food is disgusting anon? I'm not vegan but I could cook better vegan dishes than that.
>>
>>42222005
Vegetablers please respond
>>
>>42218304
Yes? Literally tons of nutrients that are not in vegetables and are necessary for health.
>>
>>42222271
>being this pedantic
I've saved it as a knee jerk response for retards who meme about AA profiles and B12, obviously I use salt too irl
>>
>>42218349

>climate change

found the retard
>>
>>42222337
If you ignore that meme the rest of the post was decent.
>>
File: ew mommy tofu is yucky.png (139KB, 770x1680px) Image search: [Google]
ew mommy tofu is yucky.png
139KB, 770x1680px
>>42222326
Name one thing missing >>42222119

>>42222315
It's retarded. Demand will slowly drop and supply will follow, and in 100 years the few cows that are left will be living in sanctuaries like pandas do
>>42222313
it was random foods, have a tastier one
>pic
A shake for breakfast, tortillas for lunch, a salad on the side and spaghetti with minced mock beef for dinner
>>
>>42222332
Still doesn't change the fact that if we're talking about a single (and not a selection) source, meat is superior.
>>
>>42218304
yes. proper proportions of amino acids. don't be one of the cucks that follow the vegan train. just avoid red meats
>>
>>42222367
if you are getting EVERYTHING you need from plants then why developing children get so FUCKED UP on a strict vegtard diet?
>Smaller frames
>less bone density
>rotten theeth
>lower IQ
>prone to bullshit sickness like the common flu
>fucked up eyesight

And i know your retard kelp brain is going to jump and scream
>MUH MUH OBESITY RATE IN CHILDREN WELCOME TO MEATVILLE CARNIST TARD HURR DURR

What if...
Just hear me out...
What IF...
We rely on a balanced and omnivorous diet?
You know, like its meant to be?
>>
>>42218304
happiness
>>
>>42222464
You know all the vegans are going to ignore your post, right?
>>
>>42222484
OR, they are going to throw around the magic word "ethic" and/or "humane"
>>
>>42218304
No one has cured their cancer by eating plants.

Not once.
>>
>>42222536
Can't wait. That's the best logical pitfall for them to fall into. So easy to make them look dumb with simple philosophy from that point.
>>
>>42222371
>if we're talking about a single source, meat is superior
strawman, you're not supposed to eat a single food item.
But I'll humor you.
>pic
inb4 "wew 3 kg food" yeah, like I said, it's stupid to just eat one thing. And anyway 2.5 kg of it is literally water you you won't even have to drink any
Go on, post A SINGLE meat that covers more nutrients than peas in 2500 kcal
>>42222484
>being smug when you're wrong
>>42222464
>if you are getting EVERYTHING you need from plants then why developing children get so FUCKED UP on a strict vegtard diet?
You can* get everything from plants. That's what the previous picture proves, that veganism isn't INHERENTLY unhealthy (the contrary!)
There are parents who are stupid and feed their kids apple juice instead of soy formula. There are also omnis who starve their kids, but those don't make the news because the parent is seen partly as the killer and partly as the victim (they did lose a kid). There is no sensationalism to be had to get clicks on the tabloid if there is no scapegoat (eg. veganism) so it's shushed
Vegans are vegans and idiots are idiots. The two are neither mutually exclusive nor mutually prerequisite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFcqeJ9vUz0
>pic and vid relevant
>>
File: it sicc it piss.png (116KB, 756x1302px) Image search: [Google]
it sicc it piss.png
116KB, 756x1302px
>>42222617
>>42222371
Whoops, second pic deleted the first. I'm an idiot, must be the B12 amirite xD
Again:
>if we're talking about a single source, meat is superior
strawman, you're not supposed to eat a single food item.
But I'll humor you.
>pic
inb4 "wew 3 kg food" yeah, like I said, it's stupid to just eat one thing. And anyway 2.5 kg of it is literally water you you won't even have to drink any
Go on, post A SINGLE meat that covers more nutrients than peas in 2500 kcal
>>42222567
>>42222536
lol you guys are a joke

Okay, I'll make you follow logic. Name the trait absent in animals and present in humans that justifies killing them for food, that if absent in a human would justify killing the human for food
>>
>>42221441

Vegans aren't healthier when you actually look at them en masse.

The health benefits from the diet are pretty much entirely the result of detoxification and the same exact results could be had with a simple water faster for a couple of weeks.

What happens is someone who eats like shit adopts a vegan diet, feels amazing after a few weeks because, for the first time, they've avoided processed shite and their bodies have had time to right themselves.
But then from that point forward the reliance on plant foods causes deficiency after deficiency, auto immune disorders, neurological disorders, muscle wasting and rapid aging (from all those carbs and sugars).

Long terms vegans, unless they adopt a very strict and personally tailored and heavily supplemented diet, are always fucking sickly, weak, pasty, mentally deranged, fog eyed zombies.

You don't absorb good amounts of protein from plant foods. You get minerals and vitamins and pretty much that is fucking all. Plant matter travels the entire length of your digestive tract intact because we do not have the necessary equipment to fully digest it. We do not have the microbes in our stomachs, we have HCl acid LIKE EVERY OTHER CARNIVORE.

The only place plants are any good is in the bowels where we actually have gut flora, right at the end of the digestive tract where almost nothing can be absorbed worth anything.

Vegans literally fuck up their digestive systems with their insane diets.
Vegetarian... Okay, if you're eating animal products and getting saturated fats and protein, you can be perfectly healthy.

If you're changing your diet because you're a fat fuck who eats processed shit all day long the very worst thing you can do is go vegan for anything longer than a month.
The proof is in the pudding. All vegans have the crack addict appearance and demeanor with all their missing teeth and lack of muscle tone.
>>
>>42219966
>stake
>can't even spell the food he eats
>>
>>42222657
There are too many mistakes in your post but everyone can tell you have no idea what you're talking about by the second line, where you imply that water fasting "detoxifies" (whatever you think that means) the body
>>
>>42222617
>Oh boy he took the bait
Prove to me that eating meat and consuming dairy and eggs is immoral.
>/Spoiler/
>Cookie cutter answers incoming
>Killing is wrong anon /spoiler/ it isn't
>THEY ARE SUFFERING ANON /spoiler/ they aren't
>Round it off with misinformation about antibiotics being present /spoiler/ they aren't.
>>
>>42222639
>Name the trait absent in animals and present in humans that justifies killing them for food, that if absent in a human would justify killing the human for food
Cannibalism <> eating animals

Stop making a false analogy

Oh and you have the burden of proof, not me. Eating meat is the human default position. I don't have to do anything. You need to name a trait that absent in plants but present in animals, that if absent in animals still would not justify eating them (because you don't believe in eating any animals regardless). Also that trait also needs to be present in dairy as you do not think it is justifiable to eat milk or eggs.

Good luck fuckstick.

>HURRR I'll make you follow logic, while committing 2 fallacies
More b12 moron.
>>
>>42222686

Come on now, what is specifically bullshit?

That's exactly how the digestive system works in carnivores (any animal that obtains 20% of it's nutrients from animal sources). We have the same system as all mammalian predators. We have a stomach full of HCl at the beginning, perfect for rapidly digesting animal products and we have gut flora right at the end, for stripping minerals and nutrients from plant foods before we excrete them.

That's how it works. Literally everything else I've said is how it works. I get that you've put a lot of time into you wonder vegan diet and it hurts to learn that it's fucking retarded but too bad... Start eating meating and enjoy a decent quality of life.
>>
>>42222639
anon whats that website
>>
>>42218304
a nice tasting meal
>>
>>42222742
Cron-o-meter
>>
>>42222617
>29 minutes of hurrr
>but but you can be healthy and vegan
>you only this do this and this, this, this, and dont forget this, and the suplement for that, and then this and this and occasionaly another suplement.
> BUT IT IS TOTALLY HEALTY AND NATURAL.
>>
>>42222697
>debate me on this flimsy, small section of the argument for veganism
>but please don't mention environmentalism and health
>I'll just say that I do what I want because I'm a snowflake
>entirely contradicts the premise of his attack
>>
>>42222639
You are a fucking idiot.
1) morals dont play a part here because animals dont/cant choose to play with that set of rules
2) taking out morals if you were to eat humans you would develop the shakes for the simple fact that it is some sort of fail safe to prevent unsuitable humans to grow and spread their fucked up genes.
>>
>>42222639
The trait absent
>Self determination
>Self identitification
Livestock animals act only in accordance to their urges and instincts. They are neither good nor evil. Innocent or guilty because they lack the facilities to ever reflect upon their actions or themselves and their place in the larger universe.
>>
>>42222742
cronometer
>>42222728
>Cannibalism <> eating animals
Yes, and?
>Stop making a false analogy
How is it false you didn't name the trait
>Oh and you have the burden of proof, not me.
I can't make you do anything anon, all I can do is show you a way of thinking and if you want you look into it
>Eating meat is the human default position.
Slavery was the default human position
>I don't have to do anything. You need to name a trait that absent in plants but present in animals, that if absent in animals still would not justify eating them (because you don't believe in eating any animals regardless).
But I can, plants have no brain or CNS => no sentience, capacity to experience subjective reality, etc. Animals, including insects, have all these.
Clearly there are exceptions, animals who have none of these things (sponges, mussels etc) which are ok to treat as things.
>Also that trait also needs to be present in dairy as you do not think it is justifiable to eat milk or eggs.
Dairy comes from a cow, cows are sentient, blablabla
>Good luck
your turn
>fuckstick.
don't get angry because a stranger is beating you in an internet argument
>>while committing 2 fallacies
Zero, I made zero fallacies in my post.
>>
>>42222796
>1) morals dont play a part here because animals dont/cant choose to play with that set of rules
So is it ok to eat retarded humans and psychopaths?
>2) taking out morals if you were to eat humans you would develop the shakes for the simple fact that it is some sort of fail safe to prevent unsuitable humans to grow and spread their fucked up genes.
reword this, I'm not a native speaker and I can't understand you
>>42222813
>Self determination
>Self identitification
1) you can't prove animals lack either of these things
2) again, is it ok by that logic to east autists, retards, humans in a coma etc?
>hurr it's not the same
You said "If X lacks self determination it's ok to eat"
I said "even if X is human?"
If you say yes you're a psychopath and need to be locked up ASAP, if you say no you're admitting defeat
>>
>>42218304
Fuck off
>>
>>42222773
Environment argument is wonderful place to start
>Most of the global cattle industry is based on permanent pasture for adolescent development stage
>Permanent pasture is a permanent carbon sequestration type land
>A vegan global infrastructure would require transfer of pasture into fields of grains or soy or vegetables
>Soil is tore up releasing carbon
>Tearing up and sowing and harvesting millions of acres of plants requires extra hundreds of thousands of hours of diesel engine tractors and diesel engine irrigation pumps to run
>Millions of acres will have to lay fallow every year due to soil exhaustion
>Millions of tons more of pesticides and herbicides will be used along with gmo-round up ready seeds.
>>
>>42222639
What you mean fagot?
Are you trying to say i need to sit and rumiate through 3 kg of pasture everyfucking day?
>>
>>42218304
>I cured cancer and heart disease by diet alone
>said no one ever
>>
>>42222910
yes, duh
>>
>>42222878
Man you are just trolling at this point.
Or your vegtard brain can fucking understand the 2nd point.
I'll play along you spastic retard lettuce brian.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)
YOU FUCKING RETARD PIECE OF SHIT.

Thats why it is not "ok" to eat retards and psychos (like yourself).

I cant fucking believe how much of a tard you are, im angry and baffled, flabbergasted if i may say.
>>
My dignity as a homo sapien.
>>
>>42222878
>Is ok to eat people in coma, autists, retards
Well people in comas once had these facilities and have people that love them so when they die loved ones have a right to those remains. An instance like the dinner party where they ate the remains of people who died naturally so they could survive is a terrible situation to be in but it was necessary.
>Autists and retards
Just because these people have a lessened degree of these faculties doesn't make them absent of them or on the same level as animals anon. Vegan """"compassion"""" everyone.
>>
>>42222878
>>29 minutes of hurrr
>>but but you can be healthy and vegan
>>you only this do this and this, this, this, and dont forget this, and the suplement for that, and then this and this and occasionaly another suplement.
>> BUT IT IS TOTALLY HEALTY AND NATURAL.
>>
>>42222977
checked and kekked
>>
>>42218304
ONe argument that you hear a lot is that everybody who eats meat or dairy supports the bad treatment of animals. It's technically not false but it's such a pretentious thing to say.
It's like saying everybody who drives a car supports the destruction of the environment. Everybody who buys an Iphone or cheap clothing made in China supports the terrible working conditions of these workers.
>>
>>42218349
I agree that people making a longevity argument are wrong. What we should be talking about if quality of life. I wouldn't mind dying in my 70s as long as I'm healthy and mobile till the last day. The three biggest diseases that reduce quality of life are CVD, cancer and diabetes. You should do all you can to avoid these for as long as possible.

Now, the exact mechanisms by which diet effects the probability of these diseases isn't perfectly understood. But high animal product consumption is correlated to it according to most studies.

I don't think it's practical or reasonable to expect people who have grown up with meat to give it up for health or ethical reasons but I do think that most people should look to reduce their consumption of animal products to some extent. Dying while parasailing at 75 is better than living through your 60s and 70s with multiple lifestyle diseases on top of the effects of aging.
>>
>>42222980
>>42222878

No niggers, stop it.
Remember the mad cow disease?
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_spongiform_encephalopathy
It was because they ground up old cattle turn it into protein pellets and feed them to the rest of the cattle, canibalism again and it will fuck you up like
>>42222967
the kuru or the shakes.
>>
>>42218814
>implying i eat 1kg of fat meat everyday
bitch my diet is basically a regular vegan diet full of shit and with two pieces of chicken or steak on top of it
>>
>>42218304
>"I just finished watching What the Health in my dorm and now I'm telling meateaters how bad their food is mkay"
>>
>>42222967
You are too stupid but I'll give you the venegit of the doubt.
If human meat was 2x as tasty as veal, had 2x the protein and nutrients of the best steak and did not cause some sort of neuropathy or whatever, would it be ok to eat it then? "Ok" being ethical.
Is this easy enough, can you understand this?
>>42222980
>An instance like the dinner party where they ate the remains of people who died naturally so they could survive is a terrible situation to be in but it was necessary.
You have a grocery store roght across the street where there is both peas and meat. Choosing meat is not a necessity, don't use that pretense to dodge the ethical question, it makes you look dishonest
>>42222988
See this >>42222639 this >>42222367 and this >>42222119
No supplements, what "you need to do x and y and z" are you talking about?
>>
>>42219966
>assloads of salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, olive oil, butter and it's own rendered fat coating the steak
The pure taste of meat everybody.
>>
>>42222639
The trait?
That they are not humans thus in the great scheme of the natural game (natural slection) anything else is fair game.
Im just picturing your frail bitch frame and smug face of a sheltered fagy kid who has never ever felt hunger and pass judgment on everybody else.
I wish i could punch you right in the mouth and knock out some of those ugly decaying teeth out.
>>
>>42222337
Climate change is real, no arguing that. The question is its effect in the longterm and whether or not humans are actually all that detrimental to it
>>
>>42223061
why do youpeople keep assuming that everybody shares your belief that eating animals is unethical? it's really quite annoying.
>>
>>42222657
Jesus, there's too much hyperbole and bullshit in your post to tackle but are you really preaching against rapid aging on /fit/? You know what causes rapid aging? High calorie intake, even if you spend it all. Most people here consume 50%+ more calories than the average non-obese man. This is a trade-off made for gains. Vegan diets are usually calorie restrictive and I'll be surprised if you can even find a single study that backs up your claim that they cause rapid aging.
>>
>>42223007

There is correlation but no actual dietary link.

The mechanism given for how cholesterol and fat cause heart disease literally does not even work like that. It's a total misunderstanding that the powers that be took for fact and ran with BIG TIME and essentially fucked up everyone in the process.
>>
>>42222822
>Yes, and?
You are using cannibalism to prove eating meat is bad. ie you are making a false analogy. Fallacy 1.

>all I can do is show you a way of thinking and if you want you look into it
You aren't showing anything. You are asking fallacious questions. Fallacy 2.

>Slavery was the default human position
Yes, and people made correct arguments to stop it. Are you trying to help your case or hurt it?

>plants have no brain or CNS
Neither do eggs. Additionally I would say the mere possession of neural cells, doesn't mean an animal experiences a subjective reality. A fly for example has technically has a brain. But that it gives it any type of meaningful capacity is pure postulation on your part.

Your definition of CNS being important because of sentience or ability to experience subjective reality, actually just makes the brain an arbitrary factor. As above insects have brains but there is no indication they can experience anything subjectively. Hell AFAIK no invertebrate even has the neural sensors to experience pain. Neither do fish for that matter. Eggs or diary certainly do not.

>Dairy comes from a cow
yes and? It has no brain, no cns.

>Zero, I made zero fallacies in my post.
No, you made 2. You committed a false analogy and shifted the burden of proof.
>>
>>42223061
>did not cause some sort of neuropathy or whatever
But they do.
There is no reason to argue about things that doesnt exist.
It like saying WHAT IF COWS COULD SPEAK, would it be ethical?
They DONT you idiot.
What if the sun didnt exist? It does you asswipe.
So, like i said, there are no morals involved in this, if you are a cannibal you WILL get fucked up plain and simple.
Then youre just going to TARD away again saying stupid shit like you always do.
>bu but what if the plants make a musical and sing about the beneffits of a vegtard diet!??!¿
>>
>>42223113

I don't need a study I just take one look at a long term vegan and it's obvious. Tooth loss is rife, the loss of skin elasticity is rife...

How can you effectively rejuvenate and regenerate cells when you don't take in the necessary building materials because your retard vegan diet does not meet your nutrition needs?

No, instead you have a diet high in carbohydrates which completely fucks your insulin and causes inflammation which in turn actually causes heart disease, dementia, alzheimers etc. etc. etc.

Fat and cholesterol have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>42223073
>The trait? That they are not humans
I know that you mongoloid, I'm asking you what the difference is. You can't arbitrarily set the line to species because that is a slippery slope for anyone to eat anyone. Eg. Are Labradors ok to eat? Are gorillas and chimps ok to eat? Are humans from other races ok to eat? Slippery slope. What makes animals ok to eat?
>natural game (natural slection)
Bitch you aren't hunting your meat, you're buying it killed, bled, cut and prepackaged, and it spent its whole life restrained, confined and marked. Nothing """natural""" there, drop the pretense
>>
>>42223159
>You can't arbitrarily set the line to species
>but I can set an arbitrary difference between animals and plants that makes plants okay to eat.

Vegans say the darnedest things.
>>
>>42223061
What kind or argument is this?
WHAT IF?! Really? you are so desperate defending your loosing arguement that you are resorting to WHAT IF?
Bitch what if cattle dream about being eaten by humans?
What if all animals just want to get devoured by humans?
Veg the tard, just stop it you are making a fool out of you.
Its fun to look at, ill give you that but it is getting a tad sad...
>>
>>42223112
Is it ethical FOR YOU to eat humans?
I'll assume no.
Name the trait absent in animals and present in humans that justifies killing animals for food, that if absent in a human would justify killing the human for food as well
>>42223139
Mate you're retarded. Have you been in a university ever?
>>
>>42221934

You have much to learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bSdnQ1MKGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGt97ojn5zs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD48EGuP0QY
>>
>>42223061
>If human meat was 2x as tasty as veal, had 2x the protein and nutrients of the best steak and did not cause some sort of neuropathy or whatever, would it be ok to eat it then?

No. It is ok however to eat animals because humans and animals are not the same. It's not even plausible to feed all humans on earth on a vegan diet. The vast majority of people still depend on meat or dairy to survive. Most people don't have the priviledge here to pop in your nearest whole foods and buy some vegan tofu turkey burger.
>>
>>42223061
Bud, don't go back to the implication that steaks in the grocery store carry the same gravity as human flesh, it makes you look dishonest because I've already told you why humans and animals aren't the same and shown how your first silly hypothetical didn't disprove the simple fact that animals are inferior beings to humans.
>>
>>42223191
>Name the trait absent in animals and present in humans that justifies killing animals for food, that if absent in a human would justify killing the human for food as well

humanity
>>
>>42223073
>That they are not humans thus in the great scheme of the natural game (natural slection) anything else is fair game.
Yeah, human morality serves for one purpose - prosperity of humans. I don't mind killing animals or farming them for food. Morality is purely functional. Thats ultimately the bottom line. In fact, there is absolutely nothing inherently morally wrong with exterminating entire species of animals. Of course it fucks up ecosystems on which we rely to survive, so its impractical and stupid to do so.
>>
>>42223159
>You can't arbitrarily set the line to species because that is a slippery slope for anyone to eat anyone. Eg. Are Labradors ok to eat? Are gorillas and chimps ok to eat? Are humans from other races ok to eat?
A slippery slope? You think if we allows cats to be eaten, next year we'll be hunting for human meat? Every animal in the world that humans can hunt and eat is fair game. Nature has allowed for it
>Bitch you aren't hunting your meat, you're buying it killed, bled, cut and prepackaged, and it spent its whole life restrained, confined and marked. Nothing """natural""" there, drop the pretense
Everything humans do is natural. You cannot separate man from nature or nature from man. We use the tools given to us by nature, and the resources she hosts, to dominate the all other species. When you buy meat from the local store, that is exactly natural selection.
>>
>>42223179
Sentience does not cause a slippery slope. If it can feel, don't harm it. Very simple, no mental gymnastics required
>>42223188
Mate answer it, would it be ethical to eat human?
>What if all animals just want to get devoured by humans?
Then YES, it would be perfectly ok to eat them, but this isn't the case. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c7b2Yp6JU4&feature=youtu.be
Now your turn. If meat was healthy, delicious and nutritious, would it be ok to eat?

DONT WEASEL OUT AGAIN PUSSY
>>
>>42223191
Sure lets just ignore the facts and go into a tangent of "what if's" that suit your retard vegan rethoric.

Whats that college?
The green tards college of fagotville?
>>
>>42223242
>If it can feel, don't harm it.
No invertebrate has pain receptors.
Nor do any fish.

Also based on what? Do plants not desire to live even though they cannot feel you eating them? I mean if they didn't want to live they wouldn't reproduce or grow every year. What gives you the right to kill them?
>>
>>42223223

Different guy but

>Nature has allowed for it
>Everything humans do is natural

I don't see how you can hold these beliefs and not be in favor or at least be okay with humans killing and eating each other. In fact that used to be fairly common.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150416-our-ancestors-were-cannibals

Shouldn't EVERYTHING be fair game and justifiable, including eating other people?
>>
>>42223219
Ah finally!!

You dont kown what morality is.
You could've just ask and we would have avoided all that circle jerk you just did you fucking asshole.
>>
File: 1313613920045.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1313613920045.png
10KB, 400x400px
>>42223277
>it's another variation on the 'vegans have a monopoly on morality' theme
>>
>>42223207
>humans and animals are not the same
You still haven't named the difference
>It's not even plausible to feed all humans on earth on a vegan diet
The poorest countries eat almost exclusively vegan and eat whatever animal products they get their hands on. They need to eat whatever to survive. You don't, you have everything at the grocery store. Why choose death?.
>depend on meat or dairy
again, just no. They depend on rice and eat animal products sparingly. Just look it up, cbf
>Most people don't have the priviledge here to pop in your nearest whole foods
You do have the privilege though
And btw, you don't need tofu burgers. Legumes are perfectly fine and cheap af
>>42223213
>humanity
epic
define humanity
>>42223223
You are not presenting any arguments, you are just repeating that meat is ok with different words. Like a reigion. You are ignoring name the trait so I'll stop replying to you
>>
>>42223271
>Shouldn't EVERYTHING be fair game and justifiable, including eating other people?
If that's your sentiment, sure. There are no inherent rules. But deciding to eat people and eating pigs are different things. Pigs are not your family, your friends. Pigs do not hold ambition and dreams. Pigs do not build lives and make futures. Pigs do not ponder the tragic existence of life. A pig is not afforded the same rights as a human.

That said, I like pigs, and could do without their meat. They are quite intelligent creatures, even more so than dogs
>>
>>42223271
We don't have to eat each other to survive anymore tough. Now we have farms for animals and plants for that.
>>
>>42223298
>you are just repeating that meat is ok with different words
Because this is an opinion based argument. There is no inherent right or wrong answer.
I think meat is okay, you do not. And what is it you do, if not just repeating that meat is wrong, like a religion?
>>
>>42223266
Too smart of a post. Vegan ignored it.
>>
>>42223298
>define humanity

ok i'll try my hardest...

being a human

get it?
>>
>>42223266
>No invertebrate has pain receptors.
So I assume you only eat invertebrate animals? If not, why did you bring that up?
>Nor do any fish.
lol
source
>Also based on what? Do plants not desire to live even though they cannot feel you eating them? I mean if they didn't want to live they wouldn't reproduce or grow every year. What gives you the right to kill them?
"Vegans draw the line at hurting sentient individuals. Plants lack nerves, let alone a central nervous system, and cannot feel pain or respond to circumstances in any deliberate way (not to be confused with the non-conscious reactions they do have). Unlike animals, plants lack the ability or potential to experience pain or have sentient thoughts, so there isn't an ethical issue with eating them.
The words 'live', 'living' and 'alive' have completely different meanings when used to describe plants and animals. A live plant is not conscious and cannot feel pain. A live animal is conscious and can feel pain. Therefore, it's problematic to assert that plants have evolved an as-yet undetectable ability to think and feel but not the ability to do anything with that evolutionary strategy (e.g. running away, etc.). Regardless, each pound of animal flesh requires between four and thirteen pounds of plant matter to produce, depending upon species and conditions. Given that amount of plant death, a belief in the sentience of plants makes a strong pro-vegan argument."
>>
>>42223242
What an absolute fagot you are.
I truly feel sorry for your parents, having to deal with such a bitch child.
Yes it would be "justified" to eat humans in a dire situation.
Like for example:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Air_Force_Flight_571#Cannibalism
Cant use the word ethical because it depends on the situation and i wouldnt even call it healthy but they had to do it in order to survive.
And again you just can go around throwing tangets that only work for your stupid agenda.
Like for example:
What if you werent a deluded fagot who has the need to preach about his delusional ways?
>>
>>42223358
You better check your sentient privilege.
#alllifeforms
>>
>>42223298
>Vegan gets btfo.
>Resorts to lies, cherry picked arguments, moved goal posts, and logical fallacies
Why is every thread like this?
>>
>>42223298
>You still haven't named the difference

>Humans bury their dead out of respect.
When a human dies, we all feel sad emotions if we felt a strong bond with that person. We often have elaborate burial ceremonies to show respect for our dead. However, animals rarely do such a thing. Only a few animals have been observed to throw a few leaves on their dead. But animals do not routinely bury their dead like us humans.
Animals are mostly driven on instincts. We humans also have instincts, however, we can control them much better. We are mostly driven by reason. Animals are driven much more by instincts, and only use some reasoning. They have it pre-programmed in their minds from birth on what to do in most situations. Isn’t that amazing? Most animals from birth know what foods to eat and how to eat them. They know how to reproduce, where to migrate, and more. Even a baby turtle comes out of it’s shell and immediately knows to swim towards the ocean. Incredible.

>Humans are aware of “self,” and contemplate the afterlife.
Other animals do not think of the afterlife. They tend to live in the “now.” They live in the heat of the moment. Their main goals all day long are to eat, sleep, mate, and survive. Humans, however, spend a lot of time thinking of the future, past, and present. We think about ourselves and how we relate to life. We think of what happens when we die.
>>
>>42223332
>And what is it you do, if not just repeating that meat is wrong, like a religion?
I'm not repeating that eating meat is wrong, I'm repeating a question nobody has answered
>>42223343
Yes, human friend. What is different in you, as a human compared to an animal, that makes it ok to eat other animals but not other humans?

or, to put it another way

If another superior species evolved and ate us, when it had the choice to eat plants only, would you be ok with that?
>>
>>42223358
Fuck you, buddy. Plants have just as much right to live as you. What's next, you'll be eating insects and bugs? It's a slippery slope, I tell you what. You're an unmoral person who spreads death among plants who desire nothing but to grow. It's almost like you can't be alive without killing something.
You don't know how plants feel.

Now you know how it is to argue with a vegan who has more time to preach than to practice
>>
>>42223358
Who gave you the right to choose what living form will you reap to sustain your disgusting flesh moving carcass?
#alllifeforms
You are disgusting.
>>
>>42223358
>Simply because I cannot recognize or comprehend that plants may use a different set of tools to feel similar effects means they don't exist.
>>
>>42223298

>Animals are mostly driven on instincts.
We humans also have instincts, however, we can control them much better. We are mostly driven by reason. Animals are driven much more by instincts, and only use some reasoning. Most animals from birth know what foods to eat and how to eat them. They know how to reproduce, where to migrate, and more. Even a baby turtle comes out of it’s shell and immediately knows to swim towards the ocean. Incredible.

>Humans feel a sense of right and wrong and good and evil. We all have a basic conscience. Animals kill and never think twice. They kill for food, and they kill based on instincts. They do not stop to think about if they have “sinned.” When a human murders another human, it is out of evil pre-meditation. We know better, but we murder someone anyways. That is a huge difference. Most animals kill purely to eat, or to defend themselves.

>Humans have a complex language and communication method–
Humans can talk, write, read facial expressions, gestures, and more. Some can even speak multiple languages. Animals do communicate, but they cannot communicate with the level of a human.

>Humans use their brains in much more complex ways–
The cognitive abilities of a human compared to an animal is incredible. Humans can critically think, invent, find solutions to problems, and much more. An anteater looks for ants all day. A bear gets in the water and slaps salmon out. They never stop to think of a more efficient way of doing things.

>Technology–
We humans have the ability to quickly learn new technology, and adapt and use that technology. We can create machines and computers that help us to do work more efficiently. Even the most complex animals do not share this feature. The only tool you will likely ever see an animal use is a stick or a rock. And even then they look confused and clumsy with it.

But lets be honest, no matter what anyone posts here, you wouldn't accept it as an answer.
>>
>>42223408
>that makes it ok to eat other animals but not other humans?
Who said it isn't okay to eat humans?
But a horse is not a fucking human. A dog is not a fucking human. You make a distinction, because the differences between us are astronomical. If you think a human life is worth as much as a pig's, you're fucked in the head and heart, my man
>>
I think he choked on a tofu cube
>>
>>42223408
>would you be ok with that?
No?
But this is a false equivalence. We are not killing anything even remotely close to human intellect, as would be done to us in your scenario. The dog does not lament his situation as a human does. He is not aware of his own existence, beyond wanting to fuck, eat and sleep. If we could communicate verbally with pigs, for example, you could bet that pigs would not be mass produced in a meat industry
>>
>>42223408
>If another superior species evolved and ate us
That already is the case you stupid lettuce brain.
Bears, foxes, wolves, dogs and cats (who ate a part of their deseased owner or feral who attacked humans), chimps, sharks, worms, birds of prey, a lot of insects, your mom and other big land animals.
An yes, im ok with those animals killing and eating humans, because thats what they do.
Im going to try and avoid that but i not goint to fool myself and act like a frail bitch like you are acting cus in the nature there is no such thing like a safe place you fagot.
>>
>>42223372
>Yes it would be "justified" to eat humans in a dire situation.
Can you read? I never said that, I only said it's healthy and tasty
You still haven't replied. You know it's not ok and you keep weaseling out
>only work for your stupid agenda
The logic required to answer name the trait is useful everywhere, not only in "vegan agenda"
>>42223393
>Vegan gets btfo.
Except no
>Resorts to lies
quote one
>cherry picked arguments
Why don't you cherrypick an argument that makes meat eating ok?
Come on
Oh wait, you can't because there are none
>moved goal posts
Lol where?
>and logical fallacies
quote one
>>42223394
That is basically an extremely verbose way of saying "humans are cabable of cognitive thought so they are not ok to eat, but animals aren't capable so they are ok to eat"
So, harkening back to >>42222639, what about retards and humans in a coma, are they ok to eat?
>>
File: 1499037189743.gif (1016KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1499037189743.gif
1016KB, 320x240px
>>42223394
Thank you for your eloquence
>This btfo the vegan
>Mfw the vegan is too autistic to recognize the difference between humans and animals
>mfw he literally lacks understanding of social cues and norms
>Actual diagnosis of autism, worse than Temple Granden tier.
>>
>>42223440
see >>42223476, last two lines
>>
File: IMG_5869.jpg (100KB, 702x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5869.jpg
100KB, 702x680px
>>42223440
>says "humans"
>lists things only white people and asians can do
>>
>>42223358
Life is a sacred gift that should always be respected and care for.
You are just a hypocrite with an unjustified hunger for lifeforms.
#alllifeforms
>>
>>42223479
Delete your post, the refutation is 10 seconds above. I'd be embarrassed to be in your shoes.
>>
>>42223393

Because they're zealots. They are, almost without exception, fundamentalists.

They all have that same psycho stare in their eyes. They all have that creepy sense of disconnection that comes with having their brains atrophy on their retarded diet.
They also get militantly defensive about their diet because it becomes their entire identity and so, even legit criticism of it, is taken as a personal affront to themselves.

They will cherry pick data, misrepresent studies, basically attempt to turn nutritional science on it's head to support the insane notion that humans are meant to be sustained solely on plant matter.

Then they will wither and become increasingly more frail, demented and paranoid.

That fruit loop vegan grains is a classic case. The dude is clearly absolutely off his rocker. Angry, violent, sociopathic nutbar with paranoid delusions and schizoid tendencies who believes he has contact with aliens.
Vegans will literally cite this twerp as gospel for their diet. A guy who has not the first fucking clue about the mechanisms by which nutrition is absorbed and who thinks he had his bippy hole fingered by Alf is a leading and respected mouth piece for the vegan movement.

Let that sink in.
>>
>>42223476
>what about retards and humans in a coma, are they ok to eat?

Oh come on.
>>
>>42223476
A retard is sill aware, unless you mean a completely brain dead one. I would not classify one such as a human. More like a shell.

Someone in coma is not someone without consciousness. It is suspended consciousness, that is still alive beyond the appearance of the coma. A human in a coma is still someone who possess dreams, regrets and fear. Who has a life with friends and family. The coma patient may also wake up at any moment. A coma patient doesn't stop being a human just because he is in a coma, but a dog will never be human, or afford their rights
>>
>>42223500
>>42223423
>>42223433
Plants lack nerves, let alone a central nervous system, and cannot feel pain or respond to circumstances in any deliberate way (not to be confused with the non-conscious reactions they do have). Unlike animals, plants lack the ability or potential to experience pain or have sentient thoughts, so there isn't an ethical issue with eating them.
The words 'live', 'living' and 'alive' have completely different meanings when used to describe plants and animals. A live plant is not conscious and cannot feel pain. A live animal is conscious and can feel pain. Therefore, it's problematic to assert that plants have evolved an as-yet undetectable ability to think and feel but not the ability to do anything with that evolutionary strategy (e.g. running away, etc.). Regardless, each pound of animal flesh requires between four and thirteen pounds of plant matter to produce, depending upon species and conditions. Given that amount of plant death, a belief in the sentience of plants makes a strong pro-vegan argument.
>>42223512
>They are, almost without exception, fundamentalists.

Fundamentalism: noun: fundamentalism
a form of a religion, especially <eating meat>, that upholds belief in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture. strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline, <like eating meat>.

>>42223475
>An yes, im ok with those animals killing and eating humans, because thats what they do.
So if you saw a pack of dogs eating someone on the street you wouldn't stop them, because that's what they do.
>>
>>42223476
>Cant use the word ethical because it depends on the situation and i wouldnt even call it healthy but they had to do it in order to survive.
I know you are butt blasted and super angry but come on, at least try to read through the whole post.
You spastic psycho who values a steer the same as a person fucking fagot.
>>
>>42223358
>So I assume you only eat invertebrate animals? If not, why did you bring that up?
Because it violates your argument about pain.

>lol
http://www.vapaa-ajankalastaja.fi/files/Tiedostot/RoseEtAl_FishFish_online_2012.pdf
tldr: Bony fish only have roughly 5% Type C fibers. No way in hell do they experience pain. Cartilaginous fish have more or less 0%.

>blah blah quote
You do understand that you quote admits it is an arbitrary line in the sand right? it just commits a tu quoque fallacy to excuse it.

And it again relies on pain, which as I have shown, invertebrates nor fish feel pain nor does dairy or eggs yet your position does not allow them to be consumed. Therefore your reasoning is arbitrary.
>>
>>42220050

Could you give me a quick rundown of the guy on the left?
>>
>>42223277
>You dont kown what morality is.
I know perfectly what it is. No moral codes exists in vacuum. There are no moral facts. Morality exists simply, because it was evolutionary favourable. Morality serves a purpose. It wouldn't exist, if it didn't serve a purpose and didn't work.
>>
>>42223542
>I would not classify one such as a human. More like a shell.
Yep, such edge cases, with extreme birth defects, who are probably going to die at 3 months old. Are they ok to eat?
What about aborted fetuses? Up until the 4th (I think) month, they are not sentient. Are they ok to eat?
>a dog will never be human, or afford their rights
We are not arguing about giving animals the right to vote, just the bare minimum to not have their throats slit on a literal whim
>>42223539
What?
>>
>>42223476
This whole thread turned into you being BTFO
>Resorts to lies
You said nobody pointed out a difference in the qualities than animals and humans possess, except I and many others did. You may disagree with what we said but it's still a lie to say that we didn't point something out.
>Cherry picked arguments
You've ignored portions of posts and whole posts this entire time anybody could look through the thread and see that
>Moved goal posts
Moved the goal posts to an organism must not feel pain to be consumed.
>Logical fallacies
Several poorly premised hypothetical questions based on the false equivalency that human life and animal life is equal (Socrates would be ashamed)
I'm not going to parse thru this shit storm of a thread to do all the (yous).
>>
>>42223554
I have never come across a vegan that has convinced anyone of anything, other than that vegans are insufferable creatures who are preach and annoy. If anything, vegans have convinced me that the vast majority of them are fucking moronic, or just disturbed in their thinking organ. You're a fucking idiot, because you don't know what the fuck you're doing.
Are you trying to convince us? Because you're doing a bad job. You're demonizing all you want to convince, and you offer no concrete arguments other than sentiment and tired semantics. You and your ilk annoy the piss out of me. I'm more than happy to eat meat just to spite you fucking spergs
>>
>>42223476
>keeps using the vage term "ok to eat"

Dude they already told you.
1. Eating humans will give you brain damage.
You dont want brain damage, brain damage is NOT OK. (can your lettuce brain understand that?)
2. Eating humans on a survival scenario is justified, (note the use of the word justified) it cannot be called ethical nor good (put your retard helmet cus your brain is about to implode).
>>
>>42223506
Lol delete yours we refuted your retarded cannibalism false equivalency over and over again. This is how I know you have actual autism because the idea that the bonds of humans are stronger than the bonds of humans seems to be incomprehensible to you.
>>
>>42223579
>Are they ok to eat?
Sure.
Have you nothing to say about your foolish coma patient comparison?
>>
>>42223579
>Yep, such edge cases, with extreme birth defects, who are probably going to die at 3 months old. Are they ok to eat?
>What about aborted fetuses? Up until the 4th (I think) month, they are not sentient. Are they ok to eat?
Yes and yes.
>>
>>42223579
i don't think slaughtering animals for the purpose of food falls under the umbrella of slitting their throats "on a literal whim"

then again i ain't no bio major
>>
>>42223554
>So if you saw a pack of dogs eating someone on the street

Why you take everything to the utmost stupid extreme?
OH YEA, i forgot you a vegtard.

I almost forgot about it.
Show me an animal with these traits and i will not eat it.
Bipedal.
Has self awarenes in a mirror.
Just those 2.
Otherwise, my psychotic friend who thinks his mother is worth the same as a stray dog, go fuck yourselft.
>>
>>42223629
But only if you're the mother. She has first rights with what to do with those remains.
>>
>>42223641

>i don't think slaughtering animals for the purpose of food falls under the umbrella of slitting their throats "on a literal whim"

"Eh, I feel like a cheeseburger right now. Slit that cow's throat"
>>
>>42223574
>that whole post

Oh boy, you are indeed a delusional fagot.
My deluded friend who thinks his family is the same as a maggot who lives in the shit, stop, seek help.
>>
>>42223672
was that supposed to prove me wrong?
>>
>>42223672
"eh, I don't like people that eat meat. Let's go fucking kill them and burn their corpses as an offering to Gaia"
See, I can imagine stupid quotes as well
>>
File: broccolibrain.png (1MB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
broccolibrain.png
1MB, 898x790px
>tfw to intelligent to eat meat
>>
>>42223476
Pretty sure retards and coma patients are still considered human under law, so you'd have to be willing to deal with the consequences. Also "retards" is pretty vague, most retards are still a LOT more intelligent than any animal. And coma patients were a functional human at some point.
>>
>>42223672

Not everyone has the time/money/energy to become a vegan.

It is perfectly natural for animals to kill other animals. What is unnatural is animals giving a shit about the wellbeings of other species.

Vegan diets are associated with lower testosterone. Lower testosterone is associated with greater risk of all mortality.

PETA SHILL LEAVE. REEE
>>
>>42223681
>Delusional
What is unreasonable about my post? Morality is based in evolution, you can't deny that, unless you are unironically religious. The purpose of human morals was never the prosperity of pigs or cows.
>>
>>42223728
Except vegans.
The order would be.
humans
comatose people
tards
animals
40 feet of shit
vegans
>>
>>42223588
>You said nobody pointed out a difference in the qualities than animals and humans possess
Yep
>except I and many others did
Nope
>You may disagree with what we said but it's still a lie to say that we didn't point something out.
You pointed nothing out. It's like me saying "Nobody shot the target" and you arguing "yeah but we did fire the rifles" Yes, you did. Off target. You might as well have answered the "name the trait" with "edchals:@>"$@%^xfgnkv". That's just a non-answer, dunno how to explain it better
>Cherry picked arguments
I reply very elaborately unless it's very clear that it's shitposting, but I may have missed someone. quote him and I'll respond.
>Moved goal posts to an organism must not feel pain to be consumed.
Moved them from where? All I asked was a question and nobody answered it.
>false equivalency that human life and animal life is equal
You are lying and twisting my posts, only through mental gymnastics such as these you can justify your immoral behavior.
I NEVER SAID WE ARE EQUAL. Quote me, or admit you lied.
Trolley problem. I'd kill any number of animals to save any human, barring extremely dangerous criminals. The fact that animals are far inferior to us doesn't mean they deserve death.
Animals are sentient, and it's unnecessary to eat them. Period.
>>42223594
Good post, except you're in a vegan thread. What did you expect?
>>42223601
You're clearly trolling, underage or retarded
>>42223610
>the bonds of humans are stronger than the bonds of humans
what did he mean by this?
>>42223619
Okay, I think we're done. "Name the trait" is based on the assumption that you (arbitrarily, I'll admit) believe in human moral value. You don't, so there's no convincing you ever. Enjoy your human meat.
Why did you come in the thread again?
>>
>>42223769
>You don't, so there's no convincing you ever
Yes, indeed, and the same to you.
>>
>>42223769
You don't actually believe that there is literally no difference between a person and a cow for example. I mean let's be honest. Humans are far more superior in pretty much every single way.
>>
>>42223769
>What did you expect?
Exactly what I wrote, which is exactly what transpired
>>
>>42223741
Morals based on evolution?
I mean, i expected some stupid shit coming from a person who values his own mother the same as a stray dog but thats just plain wrong.
>>
File: 1497649326359.jpg (591KB, 2371x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1497649326359.jpg
591KB, 2371x3000px
>>42223594
>>42223601
>>42223610
>>42223658
>>42223682
>>42223704
>>42223728
All the posts he was too BTFO on to acknowledge. Lol this is pretty good vegan derailment activity friends
>>
>>42223769
>The fact that animals are far inferior to us doesn't mean they deserve death.
>Animals are sentient, and it's unnecessary to eat them.

Yes but the superior race has to choice. A choice that every person has to make. Some choose to be vegan and most don't. And there is literally nothing wrong with that even if you don't agree with it.
>>
>>42223641
It's a whim if you have another choice.
The ONLY """reason""" to eat meat is taste and habit.
>>42223658
>Show me an animal with these traits and i will not eat it. Bipedal. Has self awarenes in a mirror.
Are blind humans ok to eat then?
See how fragile and weak your petty arguments are?
>>42223682
Yes, you kill the cow on a whim. You could have eaten literally anything else.
>>42223704
Or you can just, you know, not kill nybody and just eat normal food like a normal person
>>42223728
Appeal to legality is a logical fallacy. Slavery was legal. Your neet wife cucking you with Tyrone and stealing half your assets post divorce is legal.
>retards is vague
Assume I meant completely retarded retards, like those who belong in a "thanks for not aborting me" ironic thread on >>>/b/
>>
>>42223476

This is amazing. You could literally have the dumbest, most retarded, coma patient in hsitory, and every sane person would still agree that he is still a vegan.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>42223820
Forgot one here's your (you) friendos
>>42223731
>>42223756
>>
>>42223820
Sometimes a bunch of people get along just to buttblast a smug fagot vegtard to oblivion....
It brings warms feelings.
>>
>>42223848
>Or you can just, you know, not kill nybody and just eat normal food like a normal person
But I am the one who eat normal fool like a normal person. Vegans are the anomaly
>>
>>42223798
He won't be honest. He thinks repeating ingenuous statements over and over again is "winning" and/or is most likely a complete troll and not even actually a vegan.
>>
>>42223867
Yeah he got ass raped now hes just on super mega retard mode.
I think we might burnt his lettuce brain.
>>
>>42223798
>You don't actually believe that there is literally no difference between a person and a cow for example.
Of course we are different.
I'm saying we are not different enough to warrant their needless slaughter.
There is not a trait absent in animals that makes it ok to eat them that if absent in a human would make it ok to eat that human.
>Humans are far more superior in pretty much every single way.
Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Stephen Hawking and Keanu Reeves are superior to you in every conceivable way, but that doesn't make it ok for them to eat you
You are superior to a STD ridden crack addict nigger teen pregnant whore, but that doesn't make it ok to (sanitize, pasteurize and) eat her
>>42223804
Why enter a vegan thread to complain that vegans are vocal? That's like entering a toy store and complaining that there are too many toys
>>42223820
All the posts you quoted have 2 replies minimum what are you talking about
>>42223827
Well, yeah, but why choose death?
>>
>>42223903
You would be surprised of how extreme this kelp loving fagots are.
Its a good thing they all have low energy to do criminal stuff, otherwise...
>>
>>42223848
>Are blind humans ok to eat then?
>See how fragile and weak your petty arguments are?
How fucking stupid are you?
His point was not the ability to see your reflection. His point is that we have to cognitive ability to recognize our own reflection when it is seen. You're out of your depths, Anon. You make such weak fucking arguments and constantly strawmen. Step back and entertain the possibility that you have weak arguments
>>
>>42223867
>>42223906
You are underage so I assume advice animals are right up your alley, right fellow kids?
>>42223870
>Not unnecessarily slaughtering animals is an anomaly
Ok
>>
>>42223909
The world can't feed itself on a vegan diet see therefore it is necessary. And also tasty.
See
>>42222908
>>
>>42223909
>Well, yeah, but why choose death?
Because it tastes good. Pretty sure that's the simple reason for most people.
>>
I think we can safely say we defeated this absolute tofu edgelord with his fanatic and mistaken views.
GG
>>
>>42223934
Edge case bottom of the barrel retards, humans in a coma
Defeated again
And to answer >>42223658's original question,
literally every primate
Parrots
>>
>>42223945
>Not unnecessarily slaughtering animals is an anomaly
Yes, because the norm is that animals are killed and eaten. The vast majority of people in the world abide by this. YOU are the anomaly. You're the one who isn't "normal"
>>
>>42222639
Sooo eating 3kg of peas for 160g of protein is somehow better than eating 3kg chicken breast for 660g of protein.
160g >660g
don't see a problem here :)
Veggie logic
>>
>tofu edgelord
>lettuce brain

top zozzle
>>
>>42223819
>Morals based on evolution?
Yep, we have scientific evidence that morals evolved in nature through mechanisms of natural selection.
>>
>>42223909
>Why enter a vegan thread to complain that vegans are vocal?
Because it is nice to see how foolishly you people argue
>>
>>42223969
Strangely enough eating bushkill or bushmeat will not result in brain damage.
So yes, we all can safely eat all primates and hominids.
But you are just acting like the retard you are.
It is a shame that the vegan movement has this type of subhuman people to defend their position.
>>
File: 1497107157622.png (472KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1497107157622.png
472KB, 680x510px
>>42223909
Here I'll make you a new list then.
>>42223559
>>42223472
>>42223301
>>42223293
>>42223250
>>42223208
>>42223153
>>42223130
>>
>>42223968
>>42223945
>>42223949
>The world can't feed itself on a vegan diet
Oh hey what's that?
"Food scarcity is an argument for veganism, not against it. As the world’s population grows and more people are able to afford meat, less food is available overall. This is because we filter protein and energy-rich crops like soy and grain through animals at a substantial loss before eating them. Depending on the numbers you want to trust and the type of animal it comes from, each pound of meat requires four to thirteen pounds of feed to produce. By switching to a plant-based diet, the farms that presently grow that feed are able to grow food for people instead.
In all, roughly 40% of the world's arable land is used for food production, while only a quarter of that food is for human consumption. The rest, a staggering 30% of the world's arable land, is used to produce animal feed and commands a third of the world's fresh water. Worse, the meat resulting from this industrialized animal agriculture is not divided evenly. For instance, Americans eat 270 lbs. of meat a year on average, while Bangladeshis eat 4 lbs. Meanwhile, much of the world gets no food at all or raises livestock feed for export to countries with a high demand for meat, creating an unequal burden of production versus consumption between the poorest and richest people on the planet. This is why even conservative researchers are calling for a global decrease in the consumption of meat, while most are calling for the widespread adoption of a vegetarian or vegan diet in order to create and sustain food security for the world's growing population. Widespread adoption of a plant-based diet would leave the Earth's arable land and fresh water for use in the production of food crops for people and not feed crops for livestock."
also
>>42223961
>>42223949
You literally say in these posts
"If X tastes good, it is morally ok to eat"
Is human meat morally ok to eat? They say it's like veal.
>>
>>42218304
Implying there's a cure for cancer
4/10 I replied
>>
>>42224031
extended fasts have cured it in some cases
>>
>>42223909
I wouldn't say the slaughter of cows is needless if i can get some juicy steaks out of it. We are predatory animals by nature, eating meat has allowed the human race to progress this far. it is the natural order of life, there must be death.
>>
>>42224021
>Is human meat morally ok to eat? They say it's like veal.
No because we are not cannibals. Sane humans don't eat other humans.
>>
>>42224021
>"If X tastes good, it is morally ok to eat"
Yes, if you're the sort of person that allows for such morality.
Your thinking is muddled and erratic. I can't make out what you're even trying to argue, most of the time. You receive numerous answers but keep asking the same goddamn questions
>>
>>42223997
2 seconds in google
>Morality (from the Latin moralis "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions and actions between those that are distinguished as proper and those that are improper.[1] Morality can be a body of standards or principles derived from a code of conduct from a particular philosophy, religion or culture, or it can derive from a standard that a person believes should be universal.[2] Morality may also be specifically synonymous with "goodness" or "rightness".

The key words here are proper and improper good or bad, wich in nature there is no such thing. Morals is an exclusive human thing.

Otherwise state an example of a zebra acting improperly, or a fish with bad behaviour.

Do not mistake erratic and unatural behaviour with good or bad.
>>
>>42220062
But thats not surprising since it is the main fuels of nearly every living organism.
>>
>>42224044

>I wouldn't say the slaughter of cows is needless if i can get some juicy steaks out of it

Unless you don't need those juicy steaks
>>
>>42224064
that doesn't mean it's necessary to take in glucose though. your liver's perfectly capable of making as much as your body requires.
>>
>>42224077
hitting my macros efficiently is good enough for me
>>
>>42224077
but we want them because we're not cucks like you
>>
>>42224084

So no point in eating keto in an attempt to rid your body of glucose
>>
>>42224101
your glucose requirement is very small.
>>
>>42224077
>want vs need
You better never out a single drop of alcohol or piece of chocolate in your mouth because you don't need that stuff too.
>>
>>42223061
If they donated their body and it wouldn't cause disease I'd fry up a human steak and eat it. It'd literally just rot otherwise, how is it even unethical if they're dead?
>>
>>42224057
I remember listening some argument about how brutal nature is and how chimps are extremly brutal but canot be called out as "acting with malicious intent" or acting wrong.
>https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+most+violent+chimpanzees
>>42223997
No dude, you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>42224122

I don't drink/eat either, but if I did it wouldn't require me to torture and kill an animal
>>
>>42218304
>and a b12 shot
Lol
>>
>>42224115

Nothing to do with what I said
>>
>>42221335
story on the doggo?
>>
>>42224136
What's bad about animals dying? should we force all carnivore animals to be on a strict tofu diet. wouldn't want any animals dying
>>
>>42224131
>No dude, you have no idea what you are talking about.
But you do? Where does morality stem from? Did we have it when we were aquatic creatures? or did it evolve over time?
>>
>>42224021
Let's break down some false arguments in that long ass paragraph
>A pound of flesh takes four or more pounds of vegetation
Okay sure but a pound of flesh is not a serving size so a human should be consuming 8 oz or less per serving. This 8 oz or less contains a full serving of vital macro and micro nutrients that the two pounds of consumed vegetation wouldn't. (Corn or grass)
>Are able to grow food for people instead
Well this is a nice thought but the reality is not all things grow as easily or and productively as corn and grass and many foods we'd need can only be grown in certain regions whereas corn and grass can be grown anywhere. It's not really possible to convert the corn fields of Montana and the dakotas into massive vegetable gardens with the year around production you'd need since vegetables can't be dried and stored like grains can. You'd need a warm climate like Mexico and California's to grow commercially viable vegetable operations. So simply switching arable land won't mean an equivalent switch of grain feed to vegetables.
>American average diet yadda yadda
I don't think anyone is claiming over consumption is good
>Wild claims about conservatives and number of people who advocate vegan and vegetarian diets.
Everything I've seen points to a very healthy debate against vegan ideas about global agriculture.
>>
>>42223909
And I say they are so different that getting delicious steaks is worth their slaughter, the only value a cow possesses is and economic one
>>
>>42224007
What are you talking about mate I've singlehandedly ass whooped about 20 corpse eaters crying back to mommy for comfort tendies and hot pockets
>>42223972
Ok
>>42223979
The post said "nutrients", not "protein", otherwise I'd have used seitan
>>42224017
You said "show me an animal with those two traits and I will not eat it". I showed you, then you say you'd eat it. You are not interested in discussion but just shitposting. Disregarded
>>42224020
seriously? ok
>>42223559
Fish are still sentient. "Name the trait" doesn't specify pain.
>>42223472
You would not think it's ok for a superior species to eat us so you are contradicting yourself if you're saying that it's ok for us to eat other inferior species
>>42223301
>Pigs are not your family, your friends.
Neither are you. Is it ok for me to eat you?
>Pigs do not hold ambition and dreams.
Proof?
>Pigs do not build lives and make futures. Pigs do not ponder the tragic existence of life.
Arbitrary as fuck, also playing god, also retards don't do these either
>A pig is not afforded the same rights as a human.
Yes, indeed, we are arguing it should
>>42223293
Wasn't me, ignored
>>42223250
Isn't saying anything
>>42223208
I have answered to "inferiority"
>>42223153
Nothing worthwhile
>>42223130
>You are using cannibalism to prove eating meat is bad. ie you are making a false analogy.
I was not. Strawman.
>You are asking fallacious questions
How can a question even be fallacious
Also, saying it's fallacious without explaining it doesn't make it fallacious
>Yes, and people made correct arguments to stop it. Are you trying to help your case or hurt it?
Yes, are you blind? Eating meat is "default" and also wrong (in the opinion of vegans)
It will change
>invertebrate and fish
No pain but yes sentience
>eggs and dairy
Cows and chickens do feel pain, males are killed because they are not productive etc
>brain is arbitrary
What is the quality on YOU that makes it wrong to kill YOU?
>No, you made 2
0, learn to count
>>
>>42224167

What's bad about anything dying? Why bother researching medicine and saving people? That ain't natty bro, nature's cruel, fuck everybody
>>
File: 1489603886198.jpg (87KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489603886198.jpg
87KB, 900x900px
>>42224136
>Torture
Top kek
>>
>>42224194
Humans and animals are not the same, no matter how often you try to deny it.
>>
>>42224194
>Why bother researching medicine and saving people

"people" is the key word. yes saving people is fine. you must have some pretty strong self loathing if you rank yourself with fish and chickens.
>>
File: pig-crates[1].png (844KB, 905x598px) Image search: [Google]
pig-crates[1].png
844KB, 905x598px
>>42224210

>what's the problem? the cage fits perfectly. they love it. i wish I had a cage like that. there's nothing wrong with this. i am a good person.
>>
>>42224020
2000/2000, happy now you autist?
>>42224044
>I wouldn't say the slaughter of cows is needless if i can get some juicy steaks out of it.
I can get steaks out of you, does that make it ok to eat you?
>We are predatory animals by nature
AHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAAH
Post claws and teeth
>eating meat has allowed the human race to progress this far. it is the natural order of life
Yes and? How is that an argument? We evolved because meat was a calorically dense source of food, do you think that is an issue in western countries in 2017?
>there must be death.
Literally no, you can just eat anything else
>>42224173
>Okay sure but a pound of flesh is not a serving size so a human should be consuming 8 oz or less per serving
Think thermodynamics. Is it possible for anything to consume X calories of food and produce >X calories of meat?
No, not even close.
>>
>>42224232
>>42224238

>implying there's any inherent worth to human lives

The only thing that matters to me is me. Fuck cows, fuck humans. Giving a shit about anyone other than yourself is ultimate cuckmode

>abloobloo, what about their hopes and dreams?

Fuck em, it doesn't help me in any way.
>>
>>42223121
Are you ok?
>>
>>42224239
They don't mind it. I would I'm human. I have to get up and walk around and do stuff like complex tasks. Pregnant sows? Not so much they don't tend to get up unless it's to eat or fight over food (which is what the cages are for. Those pigs literally look as comfy as any pig I've seen not in a cage and I've seen a lot of pigs.
>>
>>42224258
You are just an edgy retard. You just want to smear your holier than thou attitude everywhere.
>>
>>42224287
Why are you lying on the internet anon?
i.imgur.com/XcXmnMh.gifv
>>
>>42224288

What was that?

>I'm a cuck, please fuck my wife

Yeah, that's what I thought you said.
>>
>>42224185
>What are you talking about mate I've singlehandedly ass whooped about 20 corpse eaters crying back to mommy for comfort tendies and hot pockets
No, dude. Muse the thought that you're not all that clever as you think you are. You are doing a very bad job of turning any meat eater around. Your arguments are shit, and you ignore many posts, because you clearly don't know how to tackle them.
>You would not think it's ok for a superior species to eat us so you are contradicting yourself if you're saying that it's ok for us to eat other inferior species
I just told you what the difference is. It's in the fucking post. No contradiction.
>Neither are you. Is it ok for me to eat you?
It sure is, baby. long as I'm dead. But the point wasn't that you can eat anything that isn't your friend. The point was that pigs do not have human qualities. Once again, you misinterpret.
>Proof?
Are you kidding me. You think a pig can formulate an idea of the future like a human can? You think they come even remotely close?
>Arbitrary as fuck, also playing god, also retards don't do these either
Your whole argument is founded on arbitrary contentions. Retards do indeed think of the future, unlike what a pig would do. Unless you're talking about brain dead retards, but we already answered that question.
>>
>>42224255
I didn't say it was the same calories. Think portion sizes and balanced diet. There's 8 oz of meat then some broccoli, then some salad, a glass of milk etc.

Oh wait you can't think of a balanced diet you're vegan.

The point your missing is that animals turn cheap, easy to produce anywhere feed that is basically nutritionally useless to humans into nourishing products for us.
>>
>>42224057
>Otherwise state an example of a zebra acting improperly, or a fish with bad behaviour.
Easy. Zebras with bad behaviour don't get to reproduce. A female zebra who acts aggressively against male zebras for example. Of course some animals exhibit more complex moral behaviour than others. Ultimately in nature all behaviour that allows animals to prosper is good. Humans developing social structures and our moral codes allowed them to prosper.

It seems that you don't quite have a full picture of evolution of life through natural selection. Survival isn't the only one of those aspects, sexual and group selection is also one of them.
>>
>>42224170
Tofu edgelord you are making about 0.00% sense.
Lay of the tofu drugs spastic lettuce brain.
>>
>>42224303
I'm not. Life long member of 4-H or FFA I've been raising animals for slaughter my whole life. Kek I've seen girls catch less feelings over their own animals than you feel for stranger's. You're such a pussy.
>>
>>42224185
>You said "show me an animal with those two traits and I will not eat it". I showed you, then you say you'd eat it. You are not interested in discussion but just shitposting. Disregarded

WHAT?!
I want to see that mytical animal!!
>>
>>42224388
I'm not the vegan fellow, mate. Where does morality come from?
>>
>>42224314
>Muse the thought that you're not all that clever as you think you are.
I'm not smarter than you, I just used common sense and saw that there is literally no argument against veganism
>You are doing a very bad job of turning any meat eater around.
You are lost causes, none of you seems like he wants to talk like a normal person. we started here >>42222119, just look at the replies I get
>Your arguments are shit
My arguments are IMPENETRABLE. The only reason someone has to continue eating meat is "lol idc bacon tastes good", which is literally throwing in the towel in terms of arguments
>and you ignore many posts, because you clearly don't know how to tackle them
I answered to literally every single person who gave me a (You) just read the thread
>No contradiction.
No, there is a contradiction. You said here >>42223472 that it is not okay if another species eats us if it had the choice to eat plants and so you're contradicting yourself if you say that it is ok for us to eat other species
I can't dumb it down any further
>It sure is, baby. long as I'm dead.
You needn't have replied at all, "name the trait" assumes you subjectively believe in human moral value. You don't so why sit and argue?
>Are you kidding me. You think a pig can formulate an idea of the future like a human can? You think they come even remotely close?
Innocent until proven guilty, also retards can't dream blah blah
>Your whole argument is founded on arbitrary contentions.
No, you probably can't even recite my argument even though it's been in the thread like 100 times by now. The only arbitrary thing in my argument is believeing in human moral value
>>
>>42224340
>Oh wait you can't think of a balanced diet you're vegan.
>>42222119
>>42222367
>>
>>42224314
All emotional arguments for veganism are comical. No disagreement on that having a heavy plant based diet has many benefits, but for an optimal diet supplementing fish and meat is necessary for anyone who isn't a limp wrist faggot.
>>
>>42224409
I'm not that most inept vegan guy you responded to, but there are primates which recognize their own reflection
>>
>>42224367
WRONG you tofu edgelord.
WRONG.
A zebra acting bad would imply that it has a set of rules and codes to abide, you know just like the fucking definition of bad behaviour states!

You are just pretending and giving whatever definition you want of moral and whatever.

Again you just got told.
>>
>>42224449
AND are they bipedal?
ARE THEY!?
GG fagot inhale kelp dust and die.
>>
>>42224411
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morality#Anthropology
Basically since humankind had to live next to each other whom werent related.
>>
>>42224232
>humans and animals are not the same
humans are a subset of animals. this gets taught in like 2nd grade, are you dumber than a 8 year old or just a religious tard who believes god made us out of his ass cheeks?
>>
>>42224449
farming gorillas would be difficult, they actually try to escape. Pigs,cows and chickens are to dumb to realise the situation they are in and basically allow themselves to die.
>>
>>42224420
>there is literally no argument against veganism
And no argument for it, either. At least, you haven't presented any.
>You are lost causes, none of you seems like he wants to talk like a normal person.
Because you vilify those you want to convince. You have come into this thread riding on your moral high ground. People do not like to be talked down to, and told that they live their lives wrong. You yourself are a lost cause, same as us
>My arguments are IMPENETRABLE
oh, please. This has now convinced me that you're not really a vegan, or at least don't care all that much about it. Are you just here to alleviate boredom?
>No, there is a contradiction. You said here >>42223472 that it is not okay if another species eats us if it had the choice to eat plants and so you're contradicting yourself if you say that it is ok for us to eat other species
I can't dumb it down any further
You misunderstand. If we did not have human level intelligence, then it would be okay for creatures that do possess such intellect to eat us. However, humans are intelligent, and us being eaten by creatures of the same intellect would almost be akin to cannibalism. Humans eat no animals that are even remotely close to human intelligence. Except maybe dolphins, but they're still pretty far away. You have failed to understand the distinction. Did I make myself understandable, this time?
>Innocent until proven guilty, also retards can't dream blah blah
Bugs have dreams of starting a family and owning a nice, big home. Prove me otherwise. That's the entirety of your argument concerning this. Go look a pig in the eye while he basks in mud in a pigsty, and tell me you're looking at a creature with a vision of the future and its place in it
>No, you probably can't even recite my argument even though it's been in the thread like 100 times by now
All your arguments are based on sentiment. You have provided no proof, one way or the other. If you have, show me, and i'll apologize
>>
>>42224461
>A zebra acting bad would imply that it has a set of rules and codes to abide, you know just like the fucking definition of bad behaviour states!
Yes, it does have them, a set of rules and codes set created by natural selection. Of course a zebra isn't sophisticated enough to be able to articulate those rules or to create complex developed rules, but it sure as hell does have them. We, humans, have the most sophisticated and developed moral codes, because the societies in which we lived in became bigger and bigger and now you have to live with people you aren't related to you in the slightest.
>WRONG you tofu edgelord.
>Tofu
I am not vegan, m8. In fact, my arguments work out to be AGAINST being vegan and not for. Human morality evolved to faciliate reproduction, safety and prosperity of mankind. It has no need to cater to fucking cows and pigs. Because it doesn't exist for their benefit.
>>
>>42224498
So it comes form evolution, then?
That's what I'm arguing, anyway. Are you doing the same, mate?
>>
>>42224504
We all know we are animals you edge lord.
Thing is who you value most.
Your furry friends or your same species?
Let me guess you furry lover, you want to team with the animal, bork to the moon and eat berries like the frail minded fagot you are.
The get the fuck out and remove your bitch carcass from society go hug some ferrets and get mauled by a wolf.
>>
>>42224563
>no argument for it
it would reduce soy monocultures which destroy rain forests and therefore our living conditions. easy.
>>
>>42224436
>All plants
>Balanced
Are vegans so smug they think they can change any definition of a word?
>>
>>42224627
So you say. Why am I to believe you?
>>
>>42224504
What he means is humans are so much smarter that we deserve rights that animals do not.
>>
>>42224627
>Reduce soy monoculture.
Obviously soy production will go way up if veganism became the world diet.
>Save the rainforest
Right because Brazil won't wanna grow their own food and access their natural resources once we stop eating meat
>Make our living conditions better
Whose? American's? Maybe, but you aren't doing Brazil any favors by retarding their development by denying them access to their own resources.
>>
>>42224144
It will only produce what it needs for itself and your brain to function, not what cancer cells need
>>
>>42224573
So you are saying that a zebra acts by choice not by instict. Got it.
And we humans have the only moral codes.
A bunch of chimps killing each other over territory cant be considered good or wrong, the rules in wich we base a judgment on it are only understand by humans.
The actions chimps do only satisfy the basic intent of need.
A zebra doesnt have morals, any other animal doesnt have morals because no animal act against his instict.
The rules of natural selection dont come from morality. Therefore a zebra cant have proper behaviour, it sure as shit can have a natural behaviour.
Like i said here
>>42224057
>Do not mistake erratic and unatural behaviour with good or bad.
>>
I blame the lack of DHA for this retardation.
>>
>>42224563
>Look pig in eye
>Grunts at me
>Shoves food dish towards me
Wow the depth of his preponderances on his future is truly inspiring.
>Gib food pls.
>>
>>42224577
Sure, if you want to call it like that.
Then again, clothing is evolution and surnames are a part of the evolution.
Shit, any cultural thing can be labeled as evolution.
>when was the first law created
>basically when humankind starting living in big settlements
>So it comes form evolution, then?
>>
>>42224730
Probably while giving a shit-eating pig smile
>>
>>42224747
We are in agreement, then
>>
>>42224677
can you please explain how soy production would go up?
>>
>>42224699
>So you are saying that a zebra acts by choice not by instict. Got it.
>implying humans act by choice
Nice meme. They don't. Nobody really acts by choice,

>The rules of natural selection dont come from morality. Therefore a zebra cant have proper behaviour, it sure as shit can have a natural behaviour.
Yes, but its natural behaviour will exhibit some primitive forms of morality, because its beneficial. What i am saying is that natural behavious with the basic goals of need and reproduction in mind produces societal structure and it produces sets of rules, because its evolutionary advantageous.
>The rules of natural selection dont come from morality.
Thats not what i claim. What i claim is that rules of morality from rules of natural selection.
>And we humans have the only moral codes.
We have the most developed and sophisticated moral codes. We are able to articulate our morals too, something that animals can't do.
>>
>>42224841
Because it would become a go to source of protein that is cheap and easy to grow. It would be made into thousands and thousands of different products ranging from dairy to meat substitutes. Soy takes up many more acres than a dairy and sense almost no dairy or beef I'm aware of feeds exclusively soy rations you'll have to make up your deficit of acres somehow.
>>
>>42218304
>vegetables cure cancer
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>42224850
My instinct is telling me to slap you on your pasty ass white head since your cuck daddy clearly didn't do a good job but I choose not to.
>>
>>42225064
Sick wordplay, bruv. Choose is a meaningless word in the context of ethics and morality. Free will is a meaningless concept. What is actually happening is your higher level thought overriding your lower level instincts. Its not an example of choice, no choice is actually involved.
>>
>>42218304
Low/no carb diet obviously isn't enough to cure cancer but it helps because tumors can only use glucose as an energy source. Also if you just change your diet so that it's plant based without also reducing carbs you will just end up like steve jobs.
>>
>>42224850
You sure are way mistaken.
You are a smug cuck fagot and a stupid piece of shit who can understand basic shit.
>>
>>42225103
But yet some people know their baser instincts are wrong and choose to act on them anyways.
>>
>>42224850
>Primitive forms of morality
That doesnt exist.
>Basic goals of needs produces sociaties?
No they dont.
Look at sharks.
What are you trying to prove? How idiotic can you be?
Id say youre like half way there.
>>
>>42225137
Thats because their brain is conditioned in a way that makes their lower level instincts a bigger priority. There is no choice there. Its all wordplay. Free will or lack thereof is a meaningless question. What we actually need is scientific knowledge of human psychology and behaviour in order to manipulate them in various ways to do more desirable behaviour and be better off.
>>42225159
>That doesnt exist.
Yes, it does.
>trying to disprove a general statement with an individual example
Sick, bruv. Of course not every species is gonna evolve in the same way. Different species have different evolutionary strategies.
>What are you trying to prove?
That human morality evolved for the sake of human prosperity and thus has no reason to consider the well being of other species.
>>
>>42225220
Then how do explain reformed criminals, did they all of a sudden grow a different brain?
>Trying to prove that morals evolved for the sake of human prosperity
Well no shit but morality "evolving" is not the same as innate genetic evolution. It's a learned human construct.
>>
>>42225252
>Then how do explain reformed criminals, did they all of a sudden grow a different brain?
Oh boy, not this again. As i said, their brain was conditioned into violent and disfunctional behaviour. That doesn't inherently mean that it can't be conditioned the other way around. More over, i don't even need to explain that to you, that criminal is a physical thing that operates by physical laws. Even if you don't understand why and how its doing what its doing, assuming that it exhibits this self contradictory loosely defined property called free will is stupid.
>Well no shit but morality "evolving" is not the same as innate genetic evolution. It's a learned human construct.
Its both. The MODERN morality as we know it today and laws as we know it today definitely aren't genetic and are constructed, but if we look at primitive morality different small tribes across the world exhibit, it doesn't really have that much complex social construction on top of the basic human nature. We created those laws relatively recently in our history too as societies became REALLY REALLY big after we developed agriculture.
>>
>>42222908
Most of the grain and vegetables produced in the world go towards feeding livestock which then go on to make meat, less than 20% goes to feeding humans iirc. If everyone were to go vegetarian (I'm not going to argue for veganism cause even though I think it's best to limit animal product consumption it is fine in small quantities if the animal is treated nicely like in india) then most of the land for growing cattle would be repurposed for non agricultural use, and only a small percentage of it would become land used for growing crop.
>>
>>42218363
"I never got cancer from smoking" -me

I guess smoking is healthy now
>>
>>42218324
Do people find unseasoned veggies and beans delicious or something? They don't taste bad to me plain, but they're bland. This is a stupid argument. You're dumb.
>>
Mandatory reminder that homo sapien only developed the mental abilities we have now because we learnt to cook meat.

So that means this arbitrary value system your frontal lobe has assigned different macro groups is entirely the product of eating meat.
>>
187 grams of protein for a reasonable sum of money
>>
>>42226307
>dried legumes are more expensive than animal products
lmao
>>
>>42226480
>Legumes have the same protein per gram as meat
Lmao
>>
>>42225537
I talked about this at length here>>42224173

Long story short climate, soil conditions, and distribution problems make this acre for acre transition impossible. You can't turn nebraska into a commercial vegetable state and switching human consumption to eating MORE corn than we already do is very unhealthy.
>>
>>42226681
>seitan and TVP are more expensive than meat
lmfao
>>
>>42226778
>Seitan and tvp are in any way fit for consumption
Lmao
>>
>>42220033
Coffee and animal shit?
>>
>>42226887
>I have the palate and nutritional understanding of a downie
ayy lmfao
>>
>>42224173
>This 8 oz or less contains a full serving of vital macro and micro nutrients that the two pounds of consumed vegetation wouldn't. (Corn or grass)
So you don't have to eat veggies?
>>
>>42224686

You think cancer cells go "oh, that's not for me, I won't have any"?
>>
>>42218349
And what about the spiritual argument. Is consuming death corpses good for your health, consciousness and environment. If we spend money and attention to products that are detrimental to our selves and environment doesn't that grow the things we hate to see in life?
>>
File: stupidstatement.jpg (154KB, 750x629px) Image search: [Google]
stupidstatement.jpg
154KB, 750x629px
>>42218304
Fixed it
>>
>>42228750
http://dresselstyn.com/JFP_06307_Article1.pdf
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.