[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knee pain when squatting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: danielcraig-mynewplaidpants1.jpg (94KB, 1024x721px) Image search: [Google]
danielcraig-mynewplaidpants1.jpg
94KB, 1024x721px
I'm a novice lifter (2ish months). I just hit 60lb on my squats and I'm getting pain in my left knee. What's wrong? I don't have any history of knee injury and I was fine squatting lower numbers.
>>
>>42216862

Try stretching your quads or foam rolling them. I was having similar knee pain, especially going down stairs and sitting down in chairs, and I started to feel fine after stretching.

Could also be form (not getting deep enough into your squat) but likely is tight muscles.
>>
>>42216883
But this is a sharp pain in my joint though. Its not the muscle.

It may be bad form putting too much weight on my knee, I guess.
>>
>>42216892

Do you stretch your quads? If not, try doing that first before diagnosing yourself with some sot of ligament injury.

If you do stretch and you don't think it's a muscle problem, you should probably re-evaluate your form. Make sure your feet are turned out 30 degrees when you squat as well, which is the best on your knees.

Honestly though, if you are new to lifting in general then the problem is likely the fact that your muscles are not used to lifting and you need to stretch. You're not doing much weight at this point so I wouldn't worry about a serious injury of any kind.
>>
>>42216937
To clarify , my knee is fine otherwise. I can do other exercises and run and walk around no problem, but it hurts when I try to do squats.
>>
>>42216992
You might be fucking up your form or going too heavy
How many squats are you getting out at this new weight?
Your stance could be too narrow, causing you to splay your knee one way or another
>>
>>42216862
There can be a lot of different reasons. To get the best response you should video tape your squat from a few different angles and post it here.

From my experience I can tell you that bombing the descent of your squats or letting your knees cave on the ascent will cause knee pain.

Hard to make a decisive comment without seeing your squat though.
>>
>>42216862
probably an issue with your form
watch some videos to help get the concept of what you are trying to do
probably also try it a few different ways in front of a mirror to make sure your form mimics the video you are watching
this one is not too bad of a guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo
>>
Literally everything you do is bad for you knees. Sorry boy sounds like you're just getting old. It's all downhill from here. Eventually you're just going to lift less because things hurt too much.
>>
>>42216862
When you stand, does your knee drift towards or even pass over your toes?
>>
>>42217016
I usually do 3 sets of 10. I did my sets at 55lbs , but tried to move up today and got the knee pain.
>>
I had a similar issue when I first started squatting, thought I just had a bad knee. Turns out my right leg was significantly weaker than my left, so I would compensate with my left leg....putting more pressure on my left knee. Found out after I tried doing pistol squats, could do them on my left leg but not my right. May be worth testing it by doing pistol squats, step ups etc to see if there's a major difference between each leg.
>>
>>42216862
You either have poor form (consult a fitness professional for a form check), or your ligament strength is lagging. As a general rule, I would suggest doing variations of bodyweight squats at high rep in order to build up your knees' ligament strength.
>>
>>42216862
How fast are you going? I used to slam it hard when I'm going down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBq6iynRUUE

This video helped me.
>>
I had that too because I would bend my back at the bottom of the lift
straightened my back, focused on hip drive and found a comfortable stance. the pain disappeared
>>
>>42216862
Are doing warming up sets?
Stretching is even better but doing a couple warmup sets works for me
>>
Your form fucking sucks and you are lucky enough to realise it with light weight. https://youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk
>>
>>42216862
Practice having the weight spread around the middle of your foot, as in the bar approx over the centre of foot. Drive with your heels
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.