[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

riddle me this /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: cro cop.jpg (39KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
cro cop.jpg
39KB, 564x846px
If some smaller muscle groups are not optimally trained by compound movements, does that mean they don't contribute to strength in those movements?
>>
>>42216069
Who is that beast
>>
>>42216083
Crocop
>>
>>42216084
Oh that Croat
Miocic is a beast too
>>
>>42216083
I just answered but motherfucker how could you not know who is this? Are you people serious.
>>
File: best pals.jpg (84KB, 848x470px) Image search: [Google]
best pals.jpg
84KB, 848x470px
>>42216097
they're friends too
>>
>>42216069
No. Just because a muscle group isn't innervated as strongly doesn't mean it doesn't contribute.
>>
>>42216098
The only shit I follow is waterpolo and tennis, suck my dick
>>
>>42216069
I am not a medical professional, but I imagine that if you didn't have that muscle you would not be able to complete the lift, but it is used for stability and does not get enough stress to stimulate growth.

It may be beneficial to train that small muscle with isolation to improve the strength of the lift later when that muscle becomes a limiting factor.
>>
>>42216113
They look very similar tbhq
>>
>>42216069
you can bench only using chest and triceps but you can add other muscle groups for stability and power like legs, back, forearms etc
pretty much all the main compound can incorporate almost all muscle groups if you know how
>>
>>42216117
>>42216127
doesn't that spell death for the whole compound / functional training idea then? that you have to get stronger in smaller movements to get stronger in the bigger ones

>>42216130
crazy blood
>>
>>42216137
but some muscles are going to contribute more. Over time wont they get stronger and stronger until they contribute a disproportionate amount?

Like if I do a rowing movement my lats are going to contribute to most of the work. My rear delts will be worked but to a smaller extent. Over time my lats are going to get stronger and stronger at a different rate to my rear delts (unless I train those) thereby contributing more and more to the movement.
>>
File: soccer field faroes.jpg (182KB, 1200x762px) Image search: [Google]
soccer field faroes.jpg
182KB, 1200x762px
>>42216163
from this I thought that maybe the way of avoiding this (other than adding in isolation movements) would be to frequently vary the compound movements you do
>>
>>42216143
Death in what capacity?

If you want to get as strong, big and coordinated as possible you will squat.
You still may benefit from isolation/accessories movements, that may prevent a plateau in that lift later down the line.

Sure, Mark Rippetoe wants you to only do compound movements. He also designed a program that is easy to understand and implement for beginners. Too much unnecessary discussion of accessories and changing what lifts you do will only slow down progress. This is also why he recommends GOMAD, despite being a fucking retarded idea. Its simple, and DOES work for building strength and size.
>>
>>42216210
What started me thinking about this was lateral delts. I've been doing lots of overhead pressing and my front delts are huge but my lateral delts are relatively small. I tried thinking about how my lateral delts could be used in a strength movement other than lifting your arms up (as in a lateral raise) but I couldn't think of anything else.
If you were looking at it from a holistic strength perspective (say you were looking at getting stronger for a sport) would you even bother training side delts?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.