[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shin splints

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: shin_splints.gif (5KB, 252x231px) Image search: [Google]
shin_splints.gif
5KB, 252x231px
Runners I need some help. I keep getting shin splints when I run and would like a fast solution so they can be gone. I didn't use to have these. Before I could run far longer without an issue besides maybe general cramps or my cardiovascular limits. Now I can't even reach my limits because these shin splints start when I'm like not even 1 mile into my run.

I did a spend year out of the running game because of work and surgery which broke me out of the habit of working out and running, and when I got back to running I think I tried to simply do what I used to do instead of starting off with 0.9 mile runs for a while. Because I didn't believe I lost all my gains.

With all that said done quite a bit of research. Going to try foam rolling the shins and calves every day to massage the muscles, icing the shins for 15-20 minutes probably every day, try getting more vitamin C and D into my diet, and prioritize calf and shin muscle stretches and strengthening exercises before and/or after I run from now on. I've heard of a bunch of possible solutions and causes for it, and I'm pretty sure it's coming from over training. Which I didn't do when I started running for the first time ever 2 years ago.

With that in mind how do I treat and cure shin splints to get these muscles and myself back up to speed? I tried just swimming and letting them heal on their own for 5-6 days in recent attempts. They don't hurt much longer after I stop running, just a discomfort free rest period. But it returns fairly quickly after I try running again and exceed a certain distance. Often the 1st run is discomfort free for the most part, 2nd run I hit the limits quick, and my shins tell me to stop.

Any suggestions? Should I only run like .75 miles 3 days a week for multiple weeks? Keep in mind I'm pretty sure the cause is from rapid overuse before the muscles were ready. I can't find any detailed solutions that address that cause specifically.
>>
Try to run a mile every day for two weeks and see if they go away.
>>
Also stay off the treadmill keep it on track/road
>>
>>42215824
Also use stay off treadmills. Keep it to track/road
>>
has anyone found toe raises or heel raises help with healing or prevention?
>>
>>42215881
Like I said I will be trying those in the coming days. Intended to use this guide for reference.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/ankle-achilles-shin-pain/shin-splints/shin-splints-stretching-exercises
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.