[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here is lifting for career reasons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: slide3.jpg (226KB, 1600x702px) Image search: [Google]
slide3.jpg
226KB, 1600x702px
Who here is lifting for career reasons?
>>
>>42215479
After I got out the military I did private contracting for a bit until recently where I trained and got my certs in emt, hazmat and firefighting 1 planning to be a firefighter but life hit me and realized the lifestyle my wife and daughter and I were living couldn't wait years until I maybe or.maybe. it became a firefighter so now I work in oil making $28 an hour while my wife makes $27 an hour in an office and our daughter gets great daycare and everything we didn't have. I have no passion for my work and neither does my wife. She wanted to be a juvenile detention counselor and I a firefighter. Life hits you hard and unless you go through with your dreams you'll become complacent and fall into order where you're making a living for your kid instead if yourself which isn't a bad thing but you lost your life to create theirs.
>>
>>42215551
I'm in the military now, aspiring to be a firefighter when I get out. I currently have a 2-year extension for a deployment to finish and then afterwards it's gonna be a full-time pursuit for the fire department. I hope it's not too late for you to turn around and chase a dream before it dies.
>>
>>42215760
Moved to a small town where my wife grew up. Population of 850. It's nice, fu volunteer department. I plan on volunteering once my "probationary" period is over with this company.
>>
>>42215479
Is because I sit in a chair all day a career reason?
>>
>>42215479
Just finished my fire academy. Honestly everyone is different lots of fatties lots
Of skinny lanklets and some serious real athletes
>>
>>42216142
Really now? How do the fatties qualify?
>>
>>42215479
I lift because people that are muscular and in shape are more likely to be accepted for a job.
>>
>>42215551
hope u and ur wife are able to do what y'all want soon, good luck
>>
>>42215551
>being in the military
>not taking advantage of the GI bill to go study in college literally for fuckin' FREE
>being married
>having a kid
>quitting a cushy contractor job where you were probably earning over $100k/yr to train to be a fireman

bro....

bro.......

seriously.
>>
>>42215479
Me, sort of. I work atc and people doing this job tend to die at 60 from stress.
>>
>>42215479
me. i need to project an aura of power and dominance to the other programmers
>>
File: IMG_20160220_212729~2.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160220_212729~2.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
Already in the career I want, keep lifting so that I never find myself in a situation where my physical ability let's me or someone else down.
>>
I work in a white collar profession. B4 consulting, just makes me looks sexier to the girls in bumble. I'm a dick though that just pumps and dump because I never got this attention early on in my life. I told myself If I pop a virgin during one of these one night stnads i'll commit to her, too bad that is nigh impossible.
>>
>>42215479
I lift/run so I can get into SWAT mobile reserve. They get to work out on the clock 5 days a week.
>>
>>42219521

I salute you sir. Well put.
>>
>>42215479
Not in the sense you mean, but I am. All the people who are saying yes are lifting bc their job demands the strength. For me it is to break sterotypes for myself. Going to be chemical engineer, and lifting is my way to show I'm not a run of the mill nerdy beta that most ChemE's are
>>
>>42215479

Being a firefighter doesn't require much strength.
I mean, it makes you better at the job, but the job doesn't require it.
I was a retained firefighter here in England for a couple of years, and the training was exactly the same of a wholetime. The strength tests were fucking pathetic.

All part of muh equality though innit, to have more women and fags on board.
I don't think anyone in Grenfell was thanking equality laws when the female firefighters couldn't carry their relatives out.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.