[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just pulled an all-nighter, I will go to the gym in about 5 hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

How fucked am I? Any tips on not completely ruining my session? (sleeping is not an option)
>>
>>42213982
y u pull allnighter anon
>>
Just take some Adderall and snort coke as a preworkout.
>>
you understand that lifting won't help you in the slightest if you don't rest and eat enough for your muscles to grow, don't you?

your workout is probably going to be shit and you'll get nothing out of it
>>
>>42213990
Shift work has fucked me up, anon.
>>
>>42214009
What if I sleep after? I have enough stimulants to keep me up until after gym.
>>
File: 1476060489232.jpg (325KB, 692x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1476060489232.jpg
325KB, 692x1000px
Shift worker here, the best thing to do coming off a night shift is to either go for a run right away or have a good breakfast (coffee/tea if you need it) and then work out.
Then, keeping your body's circadian rhythm intact, manage your way through the rest of the day and then get a good 10 hour sleep centered around what time you want to wake up.
The day will suck, but it's a good day to do chores or other tasks that don't require much thought.
You'll feel 10X better in the morning, and you won't have ruined your sleep even further.

This is all assuming you don't have to work several nights in a row, in which case you're going to be forced to get 4-5 hours of low-quality sleep in the afternoon and it's going to take your body a week to recover if you aren't thrust in again immediately after.
>>
>>42213982
tips? taking a nap...
>>
>>42213982
Drink a lot of water
Eat some fruit dried or not
>>
>>42213982

Don't go.
>>
>>42214388
I'll take this into account, thanks for the advice, anon.

>>42214390
Not possible, I have to be up early tomorrow morning, sleeping now would fuck me up even worse.

>>42214404
I'll try this, thanks anon.

>>42214405
Nope. If I'm paying for gym membership, I'm not gonna waste it.
>>
>>42213982
don't even bother, just go tomorrow

i've done what you're about to do many times and 9/10 times, it's a total waste of a drive and my performance is pathetic
>>
Is laying in bed with closed eyes the next best to sleeping?
>>
>>42214455
Nope, I'd run the risk of falling asleep :^)

>>42214433
I was really set on going today, I run a pretty tight schedule which is difficult to alter. If you know from experience that it's not worthwhile to go in such a condition, I'll take your word for it. I'll be lucky to fit it in tomorrow, but it's worth a shot if today is not good. I guess I'll just do this. Thanks anon.

Thanks to everyone who participated ITT

/thread
>>
>>42213982
Just remember to try hard
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.