[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Squat 3x5 Bench 3x5 Power clean 5x3 Chin-up 3x10 Curl 3x10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1460623005667.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1460623005667.png
37KB, 1127x685px
A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Power clean 5x3
Chin-up 3x10
Curl 3x10

B
Squat 3x5
Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Dip 3x10
Curl 3x10

Thoughts?
>>
>>42211619
>Curlbro
>>
If you're deadset on curls, do two different kinds; one for A and another for B. Keep rest super short in the sub 60s range.

You'd be better served by rows overall, anyways.

If you weren't a beginner I'd say Piana's tactic of hitting some (not crazy amounts but recoverable) curls before bed works as long as you're setting things up so you don't develop an overuse injury.

If you have sub 16" arms, don't bother until you do. You'll just look retarded without tris or delts to match
>>
>>42211619
Is this SS?
>>
>>42211719
Yeah, but I added the dips and curls
>>
I was just thinking today how little sense linear progression makes for the typical skinnyfat novice

1. LP leads to early plateaus, which leads to discouragement
2. LP is more likely for leading to injuries than training submaximally
3. LP offers less aesthtic/hypertrophic gains vs strength gains, so you become disinterested
4. You're wasting your newb gains on your legs and joints
5. Not everyone has microplates
6. LP workouts are typically shorter, so you're not sweating as much as you could be getting a pump.

I think an LP can be useful, but only after you've got the habit ingrained, and you're seeing some progress to keep you motivated.

That's why I like a 6-day/week PPLPPLx. It programs you to go to the gym everyday except one, so you're forced to adapt your schedule. By doing more bodybuilder type isolations, you get a wider variety to keep you more interested, and you see better aesthetic gains early on, instead of staying a dyel trex. By working out everyday, you're also sweating each day, which helps you lose fat faster as well, and quickens the recomp.

A more intermediate lifter can benefit more from a 5x5 LP to get their lifts up and build up strength, once they are "in the groove" of working out and habituated to it (about 6-12 months in).
>>
>>42211619
B
>>
>>42211619
Pretty shit desu do this instead.
A
Bench 3x5
Squat 3x5
Dips 3x8-12
Leg Press 3x8-12
Incline Bench 3x8-12
Chest Flies 3x8-12
Overhead sh extensions 3x8-12
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Press downs 3x8-12
Push-ups 2xF

B
Deadlift 1x5 (once a week)
Overhead Press 3x5
Pull-up 3x8-12
Rows 3x8-12
Facepulls 3x8-12
Lat raises 3x8-12
Rear self flies 3x8-12
Curls 3x8-12

>AbxAbxx
>>
>>42211844
what an LP routine like SS does offer a beginner is a tangible way to measure progress, a small selection of exercises to learn, and only a few days a week to commit

what got me hooked on lifting was taking my deadlift from 135x5 to 405x1 in a few months, if it wasn't for that aggressive progression and easy way to measure progress (i'm X lbs stronger than last time), maybe I wouldn't have stuck to it
>>
>>42212013
There's an easier and safer way to track progress as a beginner.
>warm up until you get to your working weight
>something you can handle for 10 reps
>do 4x8-12
>next time you perform that exercise, add a set, so you do 5x8-12
>next time add a set 6x8-12
>next time, move the weight up and do 4x8-12
>key caveat: never try a weight you can't handle. you can always add more sets and reps, then increase weight and reset setsXreps to 4x8-12

While your numbers will progress slower, your aesthetic gains will progress faster than doing a 3x5 or 5x5. Plus you leave plenty for doing isolation work, so you can do 6-8 exercises on push day, pull day, and leg day each.

I think LP makes sense if you're a total skelly or a powerlifter, or an intermediate bodybuilder looking to breakthrough any stalling. But a skinnyfat needs an hour of resistance training per day, and cares a lot more about just looking better than what their numbers are.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.