[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knee pain / strengthening exercises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: exploding knees.jpg (106KB, 785x385px) Image search: [Google]
exploding knees.jpg
106KB, 785x385px
Hi /fit/,

Do you guys know any exercises that strengthen the tendons/ligaments in knees or hips?

>I'm 23
>For the past month I've been having really terrible knee and hip pain
>Didn't do anything to injure my knees, they just hurt all day, every day, and ibuprofen only helps a little bit. It still feels like my hip and knees are "loose"
>Both sides of my family have really terrible joint problems
>Dad had a hip replacement at 45
>Mom is 52 and in physical therapy for her hips and knees.

I'd appreciate any help. I'm tired of hobbling around like an old man, and I can't afford to go to the doctor or physical therapy.

Thanks!
>>
Run SS lp
>>
>>42205199
Do you run or stretch often desu?
>>
>>42205199
Try foam rolling using a rumble roller pvc pipe or lacrosse ball. I had serious knee pain turned out just an extremely tight vmo almost passed out rolling out the knot

Also look into doing a stretching routine

I'd recommend joining an Olympic or power lifting gym with good coaches to learn lifts and to watch your form

If you can afford it go to a physio

You do all these things you'll be pain free and flexible if not youll be like every gym eat bro with knee back and shoulder pain
>>
>>42205304
>Run SS lp

>>42205460
I have an exercise bike that I usually ride every morning for 30 minutes or so immediately after waking up, but I haven't ridden it since my knees have been this bad. As for stretching, no.

>>42205462
Thanks man. I'll look into all that.
>>
>>42205199
meniscus injury?

are you running or sport with running?
hiking, rucking, skiing?
squat or variations or legpress?

if you have 0 exercise and are sedentary and fat thats a problem, if you didn't say what type of exercise you currently do what kind of advice did you think you would get with key info missing..
>>
>>42205522
There's your problem anon, stretch your hip flexers quads and IB bands
>>
>>42205582
foam roller is great IN ADDITION to the other stretching for hipflexors and fixing anterior pelvic tilt.
myofascial release, like a cheaper less intense deep tissue massage, increases mobility
>>
>>42205601
Another anon already told OP to do that but yeah absolutely, foam roller is a must even if you're just casually biking/running.
>>
>>42205631
I cant imagine any serious knee damage being done with 30 mins of biking probably very tight muscles and some imbalnces
>>
>>42205715
If you don't stretch or roll your muscles will get tight as fuck, even a light mileage can fuck you up desu.
>>
>>42205199
>>Mom is 52 and in physical therapy for her hips and knees.

Glucosamine sulphate everyday rest of your life. So gradual you wont feel the benefit until you stop taking it. Might see the real advantage in your 40-50s when you've had a 20-30 year head start.
>>
>>42205738
i never stretched or foamrolled until i was late 20s, and a bout of inactivity had me all fucked up trying to get back into sport.
but i am super inflexible so should have started earlier
>>
>>42205199
ive had problems with loose feeling joints as well. ive had success with doing stuff like just body weight squats and other easy exercises but making sure everything is moving correctly and aligned. making sure hips are straight, knees are moving the same way ect
>>
>>42206337
Not stretching is a pretty good way to injure yourself desu, I do 15 minutes of flexibility a day and it makes a big difference.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.