[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys buy into this whole nootropics shit? I'm exploring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Nootropics.jpg (85KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
Nootropics.jpg
85KB, 319x319px
Do you guys buy into this whole nootropics shit? I'm exploring ways to have more energy and focus throughout the day.
>>
>>42192028
The best nootropic is eight hours of sleep tbhfam.
>>
>>42192028

no, placebo shit if orally ingested.

if you want in a secret, and if you have source to it, INJECTING liquid noopept from a vile works the best.
>>
>>42192049
I'm thinking I have a problem with something else; I never have problems falling asleep and I always get a solid uninterrupted 8 hours.
>>
>>42192028
Anything you have to say "buy into" towards, doesn't work you moron.
>>
>>42192028

There's nothing to 'buy into', most nootropics have concrete research behind them and their effects on BDNF/NGF, AMPA, NMDA, whatever else, are well known. Whether those effects translate into a discernible improvement in your own learning or mental well being depends on your own biochemistry, and even if you respond positively the boost is generally very minor.
>>
If you want energy/focus just buy some amphetamines or modafinil.

With nootropics (as in, nootropics other than amphetamines/modafinil) you could end up spending hundreds before finding something that works for you, and even then the boost is barely 5-10% over your baseline.

The only thing i'd recommend is some L-theanine to go along with whatever caffeine you already drink, because its dirt cheap and works
>>
>>42192213
I've recently been trying to get off caffeine, I've become pretty dependent on it. I also can't use amphetamines because my career frequently drug tests me. The modafinil sounds like something I'll have to try
>>
>>42192028
Best nootropics is sleep
Second best is vegetables
After that, you might not want pills unless you're trying to get high
>>
L-Theanine with caffeine. even better if it is coffee with sugar.

anything else has side-effects that makes their worth questionable. most nootropics have extensive research, and they work, to varying degrees, but you dont want to fry your gaba receptors or lose natural sleep forever due to trying the wrong stack.
>>
l-theanine + caffine. You're welcome.
>>
>>42192883
I've tried piracetam, phenibut, and noopept. They were all shit placebo. L-theanine and coffee worked though. Just stagger it and don't get addicted
>>
>>42192213
>>42192802
>>42192883
>>42193143

How do you guys dose it? Do you drink it with coffee? Does anybody measure out their instant coffee?
>>
>>42192230
It's pretty good. Basically just kills any fatigue symptoms when I don't get enough sleep and helps me focus.
>>
>>42192028
Modafinil is pretty great, but you have to make sure you focus your attention on what you want to achieve, you can sometimes get tunnel vision and accidentally dial in on something stupid and spend 5 hours researching/shitposting about god knows what
>>
>>42193203
Where can I buy Modafinil, or rather where do you buy it? I keep finding random things or other nootropic shit when I search for it.
>>
>>42193279
Random online pharmacies I think. My friend buys loads and I get them off him. Reddit probably has the answer desu
>>
>>42193279
Are we allowed to post sources? I'll say I went on reddit to find it. Name is related to bird you find in parks that makes quack sound.
>>
>>42193152

2 to 1 l-theanine to caffeine. start with 200mg l-t, 100mg caffeine.

just google how much miligrams of caffeine a spoonful of your instant coffee has and add twice that of l-theanine.

If I take l-theanine by itself, I get a calming effect where my usual anxiety disappears. I still have negative thoughs, but they do not bother me. I am still lazy, but calm - no worries, no anger or anxiety at all.

If I take a caffeine pill with l-theanine, I get calm focus. I do not feel a drive to act, but if I have to do something, I get no resistance or laziness, and I do it without complaining or being bothered by it. I can do the task to completion and feel ok with it. afterwards, I dont get any caffeine crash, no anxiety, no jitters and the insomnia is greatly reduced by the theanine.

If I take coffee with sugar and l-theanine, I get the upbeat, driven, happy attitude from the sugar, with the focus of coffee, without the jitters or the anxiety or inmsonia (thanks to l-theanine) with the added calm, accepting attitude (also theanine).

when I used to drink coffee with sugar, I felt like I could punch god, but I would think of 5 things at the same time and end up doing a bunch of things half-way, then would get insane anxiety and jitters and stay up till 4am.
>>
>>42193203
Yup, the tunnel vision can be very strong, especially starting out. Helps to prepare what you want to work on / research BEFORE using it. Also, setting a timer for an hour / whatever to briefly snap you out of it. That way if you find yourself down a rabbit hole of reading or posting about worthless shit, you're only out an hour vs 4, or even a day.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.