[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sugar tolerance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1497523984276.jpg (169KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497523984276.jpg
169KB, 900x1200px
Do you build up a "tolerance" to sugar that goes away when you stop consuming it for a while?
>used to eat sugary cereal, candy, and drink soda or coffee/Dr.Pepper mixed every day as a teenager
>stopped when I was 18
>4 years later a soda makes me feel sick
Is there a scientific explanation?
>>
>>42189914
Explanation: Insulin levels and insulin resistance. Look dat shit up.
>>
>>42189944
Isn't IR and just an effect of pre/diabetes? I thought if you're normal insulin isn't really a problem.
>>
>>42190009
Its a progressive disease, meaning you dont just all of a sudden have diabetes. Your cells overtime downregulate insulin cell receptors, causing insulin resistance.
>>
>>42189914
I was pretty much the same.
When I ate ridiculously clean, then would have cake for birthday or fast food because I had to, I would get sick as shit.
Now I eat that stuff somewhat regularly (maybe 1 or 2x a week) and not really the same effects
>>
I did keto succesfully once a few years ago (for several months) and while I was on it, things that don't normally taste sweet or even have sugar in them started to taste sweet. Natural peanut butter specifically, for instance.
>>
>>42189914
Your tastes probably just changed. You can't build up sugar tolerance because it's literally the most basic form of energy your body uses.
>>
>>42190224

youre really dumb
>>
>>42189914
It's not a tolerance, it's normalization. You don't think your own house has a distinct smell, but it does - you don't notice because you're living in it all the time ie: you normalize it.

People get so used to eating overly sweet foods that they just get used to it and think anything else tastes bland/gross.

Now that you've normalized less shitty food you can taste all that sugary trash you used to like.
>>
>>42190141
So by not overloading them with glucose, your IR reverses itself?
>>
>>42190009
Well there's a whole variation in insulin sensitivity within the "normal" range.

Some of it may just be physiological tolerance to higher blood sugar levels. If you eat shit all the time, yes your blood sugar is higher, yes it's shit for you, but your body has also adapted to just feeling normal when that happens.
>>
>>42190318
Yes.
Intermittent fasting has shown great benefit to IR too
>>
i eat lots of berries

and nuts
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.