[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on intermittent fasting or the 5 -2 diet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

I am in a frickin plateau. I am a 21 yr old female, 5'9 and weigh 70kgs. You could define myself as 'skinny fat'. And I also have quite wide hips in comparison to my waist which I think is genetic. I run a lot and have for many years but recently found out it isn't that great for the body type I want. For the past few months, I have been vegetarian and I try to eat mainly plants so my fibre has dramatically increased. Nonetheless, I only eat 1200 a day (for about a month now, was 1800 previously). I use myfitnesspal to track everything that goes in my mouth (I try my best to be perfect but when in doubt I over estimate so I would actually be eating less than it says). I've only now just started up some girlie booty body exercises like BBG. The thing is, I am VERY impatient. My weight has not budged in almost 6 months to a year. So, I want to try and kick start it with intermittent fasting or the 5-2 diet. They sound great from what I have read so far.

pic related, dreamboat bod
>>
Do you weigh your food? You should. Something isn't accurate. Another thing to try is adding exercise even just walking. Fitbit or another step counter. Try to just meet a step goal every day to add to your deficit. Just don't eat them back. At least not more than half.
>>
there is no way you're eating 1200 calories and not losing weight. you're either lying or you're not counting accurately enough. you're not defying the laws of thermodynamics, so you're either doing something wrong, or you're just not doing it.
>>
>>42189809
All you have to do is cardio stupid
>>
>>42189809
Everything you know about fitness and dieting is a lie. Wonder why you can't have the body of your dreams? It's because everything you've ever learned about fitness is 100% bullshit. You want to know how to really get jacked. ripped and shredded? It's like IF but on a weekly basis
Instead of eating 2000 calories once a day, you eat 14000 calories once a week (if you're not of the mindset to do it right out of the gate 7000 calories 2x a week will suffice unitl you're ready). He is the kicker though, you need to be able to eat that 14000 calories in one sitting. You think your body cares when it get calories? no, it just cares that you get them.

>fast two days
>14000 calorie meal
>sleep 10 hours after the meal
>wake up energized and go through your week fasting (water&black coffee only, no booze!)

Benefits;
>You get a ton of time back, you only shit one day out of the week, and don't have to spend time cooking and eating food
>all the food is metabolized into fat burning energy
>all the fat burning helps shred your muscles
>super focus

the 6th and 7th day of the week you'll feel hungry its okay, that's your body going into overdrive mode.
>>
>>42189954
god damn I was thinking op's post would be the most retarded one in this thread, you surpassed it though m8
>>
>>42189809
>I am in a frickin plateau.
>5'9 and weigh 70kgs
>skinny fat
>plateau
never
ever
>>
>>42189834
I don't have scales, no. I uses cups and measures. Maybe it's the liquid to grams measurements I am getting wrong

>>42190016
What do you mean by that??
>>
>>42189809
>My weight has not budged in almost 6 months to a year.

There are three possibilities:

1. You are eating approximately 500 calories a day more than you think you are. Some measurement is off, or there's something you're not accounting for. (Common mistake, for example, would be to fry something in butter and not count the butter.)

2. You are burning 500 calories a day less than you think you are. Those online calculators are notoriously inaccurate and tend to overestimate.

3. Your body has learned to violate the laws of physics and is creating its own energy, independent of the food you're eating.

Now, it COULD be #3, but most likely it's some combination of #1 and #2.

Also, I'm totally going to masturbate to this picture.
>>
>>42189809
Post tits and hips or fuck off
>>
>>42189809
Holy shit you're retarded, what you're doing wrong is pretty obvious but I won't tell you unless you post nude body pics.
>>
>>42190071
Get a food scale then, obviously this is not working out for you
>>
>>42189809
Neither.

Stop eating like a fat fuck. I replaced fries with veg and salad. Replaced bags of crisps and chocolate with healthier snacks.

I still eat crap almost every day, the only difference is I don't eat crap all day.

230lb down to 180lb

Get some will power you fat fucks
>>
>>42190104
okay, looks like i have to be more diligent with measuring

also, you fucks, I asked about IF and the 5-2 diet
>>
Only if you post more of her.
>>
>>42190429
Post body and we'll answer
>>
Yes they are good both for weight loss, appetite control and health in general.
What else?
Cutting all the refined carbs you can will also help both with less hunger and less insulin.
>>
>>42190429
you shouldn't have written that retarded novel if you just wanted opinions on IF you dumb bitch. don't act like we're stupid just because you couldn't get to the point of what your actual fucking question is. jesus christ
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.