[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Golfer's Elbow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Golfers_Elbow.jpg (37KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Golfers_Elbow.jpg
37KB, 300x225px
Anyone else suffered from Golfer's Elbow? How long did it take to heal? Did you stop WL completely or just cut out some taxing exercises?
>>
>>42185309
suffering from both elbow and wrist tendonitis atm. stopped all lifting, it's been 3 weeks, the swelling is almost completely gone, i do light upperbody stretches and some resistance band pullaparts.

didnt actually go to a doc for 15 days then said fuk it and went. used ice, compression on wrist, and ibuprofen. upped my vit d intake.

doc said all the shit i did definitely helped, and gave me a gel to use for 7-10 days; said it should almost surely be better in this time period. also said tendons take a minimum of 3 weeks to heal, so ya.

i'll use this gel (contains 5% etofenamate if u want to google) for 7 days, then start with very very light exercises (5lb dumbbells)
>>
File: images(5).jpg (31KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
images(5).jpg
31KB, 500x353px
>almost two months of deloaded lifting because of elbow pains
>bought this and within two weeks pains are gone

order it from amazon right now if you want to get better. not even shilling. compression cuffs also help
>>
>>42185439
fuck, i wish i lived in the us instead of southeastern european shithole

is there a way to order it if you're not murican
>>
>>42185495
not sure buddy, look on ebay. basically you just twist on the thing and it provides resistance. maybe you could use a towel or something to do the same function
>>
How often did you use this? Im so over my on and off elbow pain that ill try anything at this point.
>>
Try some rotation dynamic stretching. That helped me out, and also check your form on some workouts. I started getting it last week on squats and turns out I was pushing the weights up with my arms unintentionally. Also when I would get under the bar or stepped off after the squats I had my arms in a weird position and it would hurt. Dynamic stretching and form checked helped a lot.
>>
>>42185553
like a few times per day for 2 weeks and I'm cured. order it immediately
>>
>>42185495
Try wish, AliExpress, or eBay. Might not be the same brand, but could be just as good and most of them shop fom China so you'd get it fast and maybe even cheaper.
>>
>>42185537
>>42185636
thanks guys
>>
>>42185611
Okay, Just looking for opinions at this point, ive been on a cut and I clearly need to stop lifting for a while, should I stop cutting while i work on rehabbing and what not? How did you exercise while you couldn't lift?
>>
>>42185651
i just did legs and abs a couple times per week. pulling movements hurt the worst so I just didn't hit upper body for 2 months.

just think of it this way, you can either take 3 weeks off max or permanently injure your tendons. I'd stop cutting and eat at maintenance.
>>
>>42185741
How bad was yours? whenever mine flares up i never get the loss of grip strength most people talk about, and its never like incredibly painful, its just very uncomfortable and i can tell something is wrong. Also lots of tingling and numbness.
>>
>>42185439
No offense but i'm a little wary of taking the advice of an internet stranger to buy something, is there something special about this bar that I wouldn't be able to just use any other ordinary looking short bar?
>>
>>42185883
Not him. but the bar is a tough flexible foam. So you cant just use a metal bar as it doesn't bend. Also it has great reviews on amazon so for like 13 dollars it seems worth a shot, im going to try it
>>
suffered it in my right arm for a month or so few years ago. I still worked my right arm but that one month made my left arm stronger for the longest time despite being right dominant. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>42185309
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPbZvtzgWx0
This video helped me, also for rehab i use the same bent wrist grip, but for deadlifts. It helps to work the wrist flexors, this increases blood flow to the tendon speeding up the healing process.
>>
I tore both my UCL and LCL when i was 14. went to a surgeon and he wouldn't give me tommy john so i know that at any point these tendons could give out. I couldn't do anything with that arm for over a year and i was 14-15 for context. So even if youre young it fucks your shit up. Also i was a pitcher which factors in a lot.
>>
>>42185913
>So you cant just use a metal bar as it doesn't bend

stay weak buddy
>>
I ordered this at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.de/Atheletic-Compression-Tendinitis-Weightlifting-Arthritis/dp/B01J71JQVQ/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1500397404&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=golfers+elbow&psc=1

I hope it will help me to do bench pressing, which is a little painful at the moment. Will skip back day for a while, though. Therefore push my legs much harder.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.