[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is stronger? Who wins in a fight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 18

File: monk.png (614KB, 516x573px) Image search: [Google]
monk.png
614KB, 516x573px
Who is stronger? Who wins in a fight?
>>
We want answers /fit/
>>
>>42184988
The monk gets chakra which heals mana and health as well as ranged damage in wave fist and earth slash, so definitely the monk
>>
>>42184988
Whoever has more experience fighting different styles in actual competitions.
>>
>>42184988
Eastern martial arts are a meme. Any competent boxer, kick-boxer, wrestler, or MMA fighter would cream a Kung-Fu master.
>>
>>42185556

the retardism is strong in this one.
>>
>>42185544
FFT mah dude!
>>
>>42185556
>He didn't watch the comprehensive documentary on the subject, Ip Man 2.
>>
>>42185581
fuck off weeb
>>
>>42185581
>the retardism is strong in this one.
<in yo had maybe
>>
Depends on who gets the other to the ground
>>
>>42185582
lol mah nigga got it, I'm about to finally beat the ultra hard version 1.3 tactics in the next couple days it took me months to get here
>>
>>42184988
UFC guy is stronger in terms of weights and stuff but the monk would win the fight ( unless it's one of those none karate monks)
>>
File: mfw MAYBE.jpg (402KB, 1440x1151px) Image search: [Google]
mfw MAYBE.jpg
402KB, 1440x1151px
>>42185664
>there are people who actually believe this
>>
MMA wins hands down
https://youtu.be/d-KX99T5r3A
>>
>>42184988
If the rules and environment favor Sage he'll most likely i.e. fighting under MMA like rules, in a ring, etc. will give him a better advantage. Different rules and environment like a bareknuckle fight not held in a ring/ lei tai match would favor the monk
>>42185556
>>42185598
>>42185608
Untrue. They work just as well as any other if you train them properly, your're just rehashing the retarded "TMA's suck" meme. People who think like this need to realize you can't just slap different rules,restrictions, gloves etc. on an art that's been fighting without them and expect it to do just as well as an art that's been fighting under them for far longer.
>>42185709
MMA isn't the end all be and there are instances of traditional styles doing well once adapted for MMA, There are MMA fifgters that are also traditional stylists, this doesn't inherently mean traditional is better than 'modern' or the other way around
>>
>>42184988
assuming thats muay thai then the monk by far.
>>
>monk starts meditating
>ufc guy kicks his ass
bam
>>
>>42184988

The one who grabs the glock first
>>
The one who's actually trained with sparring and knows how to keep going after getting hit.

>So never the eastern martial arts bullshit
>>
Imagine how much fresh prime pussy throws itself at sage on a daily basis
>>
>>42185935
there are instances of TMA's doing well only when legitimately mixed with other REQUIRED arts.

I.E Machida and GSP are the most successful karate fighters in fighting history, and both of them rely on wrestling and jiu jitsu as well. Only having Karate or another TMA versus a mixed martial artist is SUICIDE.
>>
>>42185709
Tai Chi isn't a proper eastern style for the purpose of fighting like Kung Fu styles, Kenpo or Karate for example. It's basically yoga.
>>
>>42186046
That goes for any singular art even it's modern, nobody would do well with just boxing, MT or any sole art in a mixed competition. But arts such as Boxing, MT stc. adapted better for MMA because they have a history of fighting under similar rules for far longer. To especially say that many TMA's which did not do this and were also bareknuckle, are instantly shit because didn't and don't don't adapt as fast in a type of competition is a terrible argument
>>
>>42185935
>this whole post

kek, you know life isn't a chinese cartoon, right?
>>
>>42186442
>this whole post
Which you should read again because I never implied it was
>>
File: a91.png (245KB, 468x338px) Image search: [Google]
a91.png
245KB, 468x338px
>>42186442
Now I want to see an Avatar where the Fire Nation is replaced with UFC fighters and actually wins the war.
>>
>>42184988
I think those monks train for control over their bodies or to attune themselves to the body. They wouldn't fight. The buddha said, even when you are being torn limb from limb you shouldn't allow aversion to arise. I doubt the UFC fighter has that sort of mental strength to overcome his most basic fear and self interest.
>>
>>42186489
I read your whole post, and it's retarded. Eastern Martial Arts aren't actually used for combat, they've never been in a competative fight, and they'd get destroyed by someone who has.
>>
>>42186566
There was a 'modern' martial arts equivalent of bending in Korra with pro bending but Korra was shit.
>>42186640
>I read your whole post, and it's retarded.
>This level of p[rojection
>Eastern Martial Arts aren't actually used for combat, they've never been in a competative fight
Now you really can't call anyone retarded when you're this fucking stupid
>and they'd get destroyed by someone who has.
Which clearly isn't you so you don't have to worry about that. You obviously don't know anything about martial arts nor have trained or fought in your entire life
>>
>>42185581
the world incentives are such that if kung fu were viable in a fight, then world class mma fighters would learn kung fu. If you think you're stupid d&d monk bullshit would work against the top tier athletes in the world who are are always looking for the next technique to give them the slightest edge in fights, then you're retarded as fuck
>>
>>42184988
Monks can't fight for shit. All that "one inch punch" and other crap are pure lies made so you can sell your shite documentary to history channel.
>>
>>42185581
No but in you it is. Now go watch your anime hentai shit
>>
>>42184988
Hoe does the guy on the left get such relatively nice arms with a diet of rice and no weights to lift?
>>
Kung Fu is fake and that's why it's disappearing. Not because it's secret magical stuff.
They do impressive stuff because they are gymnasts, not fighters.
>>
>>42186792
I actually did kick boxing and karate before that. Eastern MA is bullshit.
>>
>>42187110
he's 5'2
>>
>>42184988
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbhFdjiPe6w&t=5s
>>
>>42187385
Already posted
>>42185709
>>
File: 1495162546391.png (94KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495162546391.png
94KB, 800x800px
>>42185986
>the one who grabs the cock first
>>
>>42185935
if you cannot handle gloved combat in a ring or octogon I have no idea how you can handle real dirty fighting.

you must be really banking on eye pokes and nut shots
>>
>>42187385
the chai tea guy didnt know what he was doing
>>
>>42187329
That doesn't come anywhere close to meaning Eastern martial arts are bullshit. It might not have been for you but not bullshit. You're also trying to say years of martial history and warfare from several different countries means nothing solely because you say so and don't bother to understand anything about it.
>>42187467
>if you cannot handle gloved combat in a ring or octogon I have no idea how you can handle real dirty fighting.
You mean fighting like how fighting was before a modern gloves and some rules existed? Gee, I wonder if there were arts that trained, fought and competed like that...
>>
>>42185935
>They work just as well as any other

No, they don't.
>>
>>42187702
You missed
>if you train them properly
But that would require you to be something else other than a speedreading retard and to actually put some effort into understanding different styles of fighting
>>
If its Sage vs the monk, id pick the monk, if its any other fighter, lincuding Ronda, Id pick the MMA fighter
>>
Sage unless the monk has ground game
>>
>>42184988

>chinese were so over-confident about their über-human monks, they send them headfirst in battle during ww2, fully convinced they could endure rifleshots at them due the power of their concentrated chi (or some shit like that)

>they got killed immediately by the japs
>>
>>42187441
this
>>
>>42185581
show me a video where an eastern martial artist defeats a boxer or mma
>>
>>42185581
Yeah I forgot about all those kung-fu monks dominating the asian MMA scene.
>>
>>42187110
because that's a roided gymgoer cosplaying as a monk for a photoshoot
>>
If you don't have regular, full-contact sparring, you're wasting time and money.
>>
File: cost.jpg (84KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
cost.jpg
84KB, 500x363px
>this entire fucking thread
>>
>>42188689
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOSVznrieu8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKY3eQpiHtA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HvnRvUSHr4
>>
>>42184988
seeing as how the monk only knows one discipline, id say sage would win this fight.

Its like practicing only additions for a algebra final.
>>
File: 1458481512662.gif (339KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
1458481512662.gif
339KB, 250x167px
>>42188868
>is this real life?
>was leather face real?
>are we really in the matrix?
>>
>>42184988
Monks have no experience with real fights or sparing. Mma fighters do.
Pluss mma the way its done now is more efficient in terms of fighting than an ancient martial art.
>>
>>42188868
nigga you posted movies
>>
>>42185581
>thinks meme fighting style is strong
Smh https://youtu.be/LbhFdjiPe6w
>>
File: 1463251092545.png (92KB, 253x224px) Image search: [Google]
1463251092545.png
92KB, 253x224px
>>42188868
are you literally 12 or something? Does /fit/ have 12 year old lurkers? Is this why we have bodyweight threads? Because children cant go nor afford gym membership/equipment?
>>
>>42188868
>b.. but Ip man is based on a true story
>>
>>42184988
Why do his knees look fucked up?
>>
>>42184988
Asian ascetics have been reduced to performing magic tricks for dumb white people touring the east so that they can afford to continue their lifestyle. Any cage fighter would whoop that gook's ass
>>
>>42184988
It sucks how traditional martial arts gets shat on so hard

its just a few hundred years too late for them to be tuned to fighting

the spiritual and everything else in them is intact tho

but throwing bones might be more important for you
>>
The retards ITT who think kung fu is real are exactly the reason why that Chinese MMA fighter is going around challenging and beating the shit out of traditional martial arts """masters""". They don't fucking work, it's literally a performance.

Shame the Chinese government will have that guy killed eventually.
>>
>>42184988
easily the monk. they do nothing outside of eating, sleeping and praying but train. pretty boy mcdonturtmyface probably only got into MMA because he couldn't get a job as an actor or pro athlete
>>
>>42188794
He is still state of the art.
>>
>>42185626
sauce me up senpai, i remember playing it long time ago
>>
>>42188689
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsVakZ4IrTA

He doesn't win, but he might as well had.
>>
>>42184988
>Who is stronger?
your mother
>Who wins in a fight?
your son
>>
>>42190541
http://www.canbike.org/sports-entertainment/yi-long-shaolin-monk-fight-record.html

>On December 14, 2010, a spokesman of the Shaolin Temple claimed, "Yi Long, who was billed as the No. 1 Shaolin Kung Fu monk, is neither a Kung Fu monk of Shaolin Temple, nor could he be named as the No. 1 Shaolin Kung Fu monk at all."

He's a Sanda dude with a gimmick.
>>
>>42189283

>shaolin guy regularly performs "hardbody conditioning" proven scientifically by non-gooks to make bones harder and stronger
>shaolin guy hangs himself from a rope...by his neck as regular training
>shaolin guy has wood and metal broke over his body as part of regular training
>You think mma/bjj "muh 10% bodyfat" douche can beat him in a fight

You have no idea what you're talking about. Shaolin guy would be a fucking tank in a ufc fight.
>>
lmao of course the gook shit would get knocked the fuck out... even with no """""rules"""", get a monster like alistair overeem fight one of these 5 foot 1 bald ching bing gooks, he's gonna break their orbital bones and put them in a coma lmao.. why the fuck are you kids even arguing about this, holy shit... ching chong bing bong chi energy
>>
>>42190582

>Shaolin guy performs meme exercises with no practical application in reality and more of an emphasis on showmanship and posturing
>MMA guy, through the sheer force of competitive demand, exercises through practical training culled and designed to optimize fighting ability

It's like saying Phil Heath would perform better as a D Linesman than JJ Watt because he can bench more
>>
>>42186416
Except we already had this debate with the early UFC events. Back when they were to see which martial arts were actually viable when pitted against each other.

Also, you seem to think that gloves were added to protect the person being punched.
>>
>>42190582
You realize mma fighters do neck and bone conditioning as well right? Only difference is they do it twice as efficiently without dumbass party tricks. They also train cardio which is something the memekick chink does not do. He would gas out after 5 minutes of fighting regardless of his durability.
>>
>>42190582
theres an mma fighter in china (not even experienced mma; though experienced with some trad forms) and he was beating the shit out of guys like this

so bad, he had to go into hiding as people became upset at him for humiliating their traditional martial arts

the only chance they have is if the fight is limited to just "their" form, whatever that is
>>
>>42190572
Oh, but it is a eastern martial art.
>>
>>42184988
MMA fighter is definitely stronger but I'm sure the monk would win. He has better mobility and speed.
>>
>>42188689
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ia35g8wWfk
One of the all time classic Muay Thai/Kickboxing fights. One of the first times a high-profile Thai fighter fought a high-profile western kickboxer. Highly recommend watching this fight regardless of your opinion on western vs eastern fighting.
>>
>>42184988
ITT faggots who think Jiujitsu was created by the Gracies in Brazil
>>
>>42190510
its incredibly difficult and only the best tacticians could ever hope to beat it GLHF
>http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/29-final-fantasy-tactics-13/
>>
The MMA is a JOKE. There is no HONOR or RESPECT.

There is a raeson that big musclehead idiots do UFC fighting and that is because they lack the poise and intelligence of a martial artist WARRIOR

Hands down the art of kung fu will always beat the arrogance of stupid Americunts
>>
>>42190960
2/10 bait, made me reply.
Have your (you) and be gone
>>
>>42185977
But MMA includes Muay Thai. There is no technique in Muay Thai that the UFC guy doesn't have access to, except if it involves hitting the back of the head. Why would a random monk be better at general fighting than someone getting paid to fight on a regular basis?
>>
>>42190960
At what? Showing off with parlor tricks and dodging actual fights?
>>
Because some of you faggots apparently can't get this through your thick skulls, let me post this one more time for your benefit.

Here is a list of the sanctioned martial arts that will work against people who even know a little bit of what they're doing.

Striking: Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Kyokushin Karate, and Savate

Grappling: BJJ, Judo, Sambo, and Wrestling

Everything else is garbage when dealing with people who know what they're doing. They might work against regular humans, but even then they're lower percentage, so don't even bother.
>>
>>42191131
I'd like to add TKD to this list. A well trained TKD fighter is legit.
>>
>>42191117
spotted the IGNORANT Americunt
>>
>>42190874
>Oh look another shitskin posting anti-abortion propaganda

Yea we'll see when McGregor fucking rapes Maynigger
>>
>>42191131
>Wrestling

LOL, you know that meme style of 'Grappling' is fake right? I bet you're one of those idiots that actually think John Cina is actually a strong fighter LMAO.

Hate to break it to you kid but wrestling will not help you at all when you come across a real martial artist who will be able to hit you at your most vital pressure points with deadly precision and speed
>>
>>42191188
lol mcgregor has almost no chance of even landing a punch
>>
>>42191161
I'll second that
>>
>>42191187
Not American. Eastern martial arts are not proven in fights. There is a reason in "mixed martial arts" you never see anyone striking with the edge of their open hand or doing a midair split as a kick. All the techniques in eastern martial arts seem to have evolved as exercise rather than to actually prepare you for a fight. Each of them contains some stuff that actually works, like grapple moves / holds from judo but by an large they are shit. Muay Thai is the only one that works in a free-form fight.

Do you think MMA fighters around the world (not just USA) are ignorant of eastern martial arts? Eastern martial arts gyms are extremely common in Europe and I'm sure they're common in the US, too. MMA fighters try their best to incorporate any move that could add to their arsenal. There's simply not much to find in eastern martial arts.
>>
>>42191217
I'm talking about high school and college wrestling, not fucking Professional Wrestling. You ever see wrestling in the Olympics? I'm talking about that. Don't be a fucking retard.
>>
>>42185544
Surrender now or die in obscurity!
>>
>>42184988
The monk because he can karate chop bricks with his bare hands and if you stab him with a spear, the spear breaks
>>
>>42191251
To be fair, a lot of the more effective (or dramatic and well-known) Eastern martial arts moves are banned under UFC rules. Open-hand edge strikes don't happen because they're illegal, same goes for a lot of techniques, and a lot of Eastern martial arts don't have anything left after their few effective moves are taken away.
>>
>>42191323
Open hand as in fingers first, to protect the eyes. Eye gouging is banned for obvious reasons. The point was that hitting something with the side of your hand is not effective, you'll just have less impact than you would with a punch.

What other relevant moves are TOO DEADLY FOR MMA?
>>
>>42191217
And one more thing, I can tell immedietly how little you know about actual fighting when you talk about "pressure points". I don't know if you're being serious, but I'll answer seriously.

Pressure points are bullshit. Chi is bullshit. If you're learning that shit and thinking that you're learning how to actually fight, stop. If you're teacher, master, or whatever is telling you this, he's lying. I don't want to be the one to break this to you, but you have to hear this. This isn't Fist of the North Star, where you press pressure points, and the guy's head explodes.
>>
>>42191296
Also can do backflip and land on a roof.
I've seen this with my own eyes.
>>
>>42191349
>Open hand as in fingers first
Still not sure what you mean by that. I was talking about chops or palm-heel strikes.

>What other moves are too deadly for MMA?
Never meant to imply they were too deadly, just that they were banned. But another one is clawing or scratching attacks.
>>
>>42191323
Open hand strikes are not illegal. They were allowed in Pancreas. Eye gouging and groin shots are illegal for obvious reasons, although it's not actually that easy to gouge eyes or strike groin unless you're in a dominant position, in which case you can win without those techniques anyways. Small joint manipulation is illegal because it doesn't actually do anything. Breaking a finger is not fight ending in the same way that breaking an arm is. Kicks on the ground and head stomps used to be legal until they decided to stop it for whatever reason. They were still legal in Pride when that was still a thing. If you're about to talk about some pressure point shit, stop.
>>
>>42191323
>open hand edge strikes
They are called hammer strikes but a closed fist is more dense than an open palm.

>there are deadly techniques!
okay, what are they?
>>
>>42191400
>clawing and scratching
>needing martial arts training for this

you never taken a single class of martial arts, have you?
>>
>>42185556
>Muay Thai isn't an Eastern Martial art
>judo isn't an Eastern martial art
>knockdown Karate isn't an eastern martial art
>>
>>42191251
You are right. Modern judo and most kickboxing roots from east asia, and they are HUGE contributions to the MMA scene.

Lots of east asian arts are so overstylized that they lose effectivity. Watch just a karate match at a national level for example, it ends up being basic kickboxing with pads for points. Simplicity is key for fighting sports. The double-leg takedown is so effective in wrestling, it actually got banned in judo competitions. The jab-cross is the staple of boxing. The clinch is what muay thai centers around.

As someone that wrestled and does MMA to stay in shape, aikido for example is hilarious to me. I see no way that can work on someone that has any amount of training or strength. Maybe it was created to destroy the elderly and disabled.
>>
>>42191400
Chops are nowhere near as effective as just punching someone. Palm strikes suffer from the same problem, although Bas Rutten used them in Pancreas, where punches to the face were not allowed.

Clawing and scratching don't actually do anything beyond just hurting someone. Scratching someone is not fight ending in the same way that knocking them out is.
>>
>>42191400
>I was talking about chops or palm-heel strikes.

Me, too. Non-native speaker too lazy to google first, sorry. Do you believe that these moves would be superior or even on par with making a fist? I don't.

>clawing or scratching attacks

Fair enough but those aren't actually going to stop an opponent from running you over like a truck with western or Muay Thai techniques unless you manage to hit the face. And if you hit the face then your opponent let his guard down. Plus, I wouldn't think of scratching moves as vital parts of the big eastern styles. They rather seem to be based around ineffective starting stances, ineffective kick technique and ineffective strike techniques. No doubt a UFC fighter would be more effective if he were allowed to do whatever with his hands including eye gouge. But you will never see low starting stances or the myriad of silly kicks and punches that eastern ma teach. And that's the bread and butter in any style.
>>
>>42191451
>>42191400
i lol'd at the clawing and scratching. some high school girl giving fight advice. pull their hair too!
>>
>>42191443
>The jab-cross is the staple of boxing. The clinch is what muay thai centers around.

From watching boxing matches I'm inclined to say that the clinch is (at least nowadays) also what boxing centers around, making it unwatchable garbage imo.
>>
>>42188689
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgB9Cijz1og
>>
>>42191478
Not at all, not when used where a punch should be. But what I meant was almost all the EMA shit I've ever seen is based around attacking soft targets like the neck or groin, and doing it quickly against an opponent of dubious training quality.

>They rather seem to be based around ineffective starting stances, ineffective kick technique and ineffective strike techniques
All of this too. EMA focuses on cheap shots and autistic acrobatics to a stupid degree, which is what I was trying to say by saying they don't have a chance in normal MMA rulings.
>>
File: 1476142587141.jpg (99KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
1476142587141.jpg
99KB, 610x458px
>>42191492
The defensive style boxers that only play for points like mayweather and to a lesser extent clay were ruin it as well.

I want a fucking animal like tyson again. He is the greatest, not clay.

The defensive boxers might have skill, but the savagery of tyson was just a sight to behold.
>>
File: 1494183238371.jpg (878KB, 2165x2095px) Image search: [Google]
1494183238371.jpg
878KB, 2165x2095px
>>42188868
>>
>>42190874
Watch my fucking Muay Thai video, assholes.

Please hit the thumbs up button and leave a comment below.
>>
>>42190638
>Except we already had this debate with the early UFC events.
You mean the early shitty and also corrupt days of the UFC that spawned fights like Fred Ettish's which supposedly "proved" TMA inferior, like this?
>http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26775
>Back when they were to see which martial arts were actually viable when pitted against each other.
Did you even read my first post as well as the one you responded to as to why this is? Those competitions didn't prove anything "viable" execpt certain arts which already had a history of fighting under similar rulesets in a certain kind of competition, that's it. It didn't prove any art 'better' nor did it prove TMA shit. I just went over multiple times now exactly why that is a shit argument.
>Also, you seem to think that gloves were added to protect the person being punched.
I know what gloves are for and you completely missed the point because that's not my argument. My argument was about arts that use gloves/ rings etc. being but into a similar competitive format and doing well in that format because of that.
>>
>>42190582
I suggest you try the rope hanging exercise.
>>
>>42192342

>chopping someone with the edge of your hand instead of punching them isn't used because it was banned for being too effective

kek
>>
>>42188868
pretty clear cut
>>
>>42188689
you should have put a caviet in there
muai thai, judo, akido, and sambo are "eastern arts"
>>
>>42192485
>sambo
>eastern
>>
>>42188868
These are terrible holy shit
>>
>>42191188
>Yea we'll see when McGregor fucking rapes Maynigger
as much as I want mcgregor to win for the good of the UFC, you are delusional if you think that mayweather isn't going to bait him until he gasses then finish him off
>>
>>42191426
>Small joint manipulation is illegal because it doesn't actually do anything
its illegal? I would definatley think that It would do something in a fight lol. Ive only wrestled, boxed, and done BJJ, so I wouldn't REALLY know MMA that well
>>
>>42192131
I feel like boxing should have stalling rules like wrestling (besides just breaking up a clinch). I feel like it would encourage more aggressive tactics in fights
>>
>>42188868

Tyson hands Ip Man his ass though in example 3
>>
>>42192342
I can't speak on other stuff but let me go over some of the banned moves:

Small joint manipulation doesn't actually do anything beyond hurt someone. Breaking a finger simply does not end a fight in the same way that breaking an arm does. Same goes with scratching or clawing. We simply don't want people going around and breaking fingers because they can.

Eye gouging and groin strikes are banned for obvious reasons. But think about it like this: You need good position to do these techniques effectively anyways, and if you have good position, you don't need these techniques.

Kicks on a downed opponent would be the only one that I'd say should not be banned, but I can see the reasoning. The potential for injury is simply too great. Same goes with strikes to the back of the head. Also, the same argument applies as eye gouging and groin strikes. You need overwhelming position to be able to do these in the first place, and at that point, you don't need them.
>>
>>42191251
>Eastern martial arts are not proven in fights.
More historical ignorance and memes
> There is a reason in "mixed martial arts" you never see anyone striking with the edge of their open hand or doing a midair split as a kick.
Because that won't "work" in that kind of competition with it's restrictions and rule sets, or they've been banned that's it. Also there are plently of examples of advanced martial arts movements that have been used in MMA from Asian arts.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyth7pxQLuI
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJKzZAqU8fs
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EOFdG44o-I
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZBaBY2oenU
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T02FfY0zHy4
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE062DV_Mys
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAHLvX-vp0M
>All the techniques in eastern martial arts seem to have evolved as exercise rather than to actually prepare you for a fight. Each of them contains some stuff that actually works, like grapple moves / holds from judo but by an large they are shit. Muay Thai is the only one that works in a free-form fight.
So because something seems a certain way, to you and because you can't be assed to understand it; your completely subjective opinion makes memes about Eastern arts true?
>Each of them contains some stuff that actually works, like grapple moves / holds from judo but by an large they are shit. Muay Thai is the only one that works in a free-form fight.
So again with more completely subjective memes
>There's simply not much to find in eastern martial arts.
For a certain type of competition because many of those arts fought bareknuckle and don't have nearly as long of a history of fighting under gloved/ringed rules
>>42192447
Not what i said
>>
>>42191349
>the point was that hitting something with the side of your hand is not effective, you'll just have less impact than you would with a punch

you're supposed to use the side of your hand on to hit open necks
>>
>>42192541
I'm talking about in most MMA rules. In a random fight, hurting someone's probably enough for you to win, but for two professional fighters, breaking a finger or toe is pretty much nothing. Like I said, breaking a finger or toe simply does not end a fight in the way breaking an arm does, so if it weren't banned, people will just go and break each other's fingers all the time, because there's no reason not to. In the end, we just don't want people going around with broken fingers all the time.
>>
>>42185682
as someone who is a black belt in kung fu (m-m'lady plz) that monk would rip that man to shred, assuming the monk portrayed is one of the few who dedicate their lives to the martial arts.

Monk wins no question. He could incapacitate the man with a single strike.
>>
>>42192309
Let me ask then, why do we not only rarely see traditional martial arts in the UFC, but also in bare knuckle fighting championships, like Pancreas? Also, I can understand your point if the gloves were boxing gloves, but MMA gloves were designed especially so that the fighters can grapple and strike, so what can they do without gloves that they can't with them?
>>
>>42192612
Don't tell me you actually believe this. Outside of a freak knockout or maybe a groin strike, how can the monk possibly incapacitate another fighter with a single strike.
>>
>>42192578
Why would you ever do that over just punching them in the neck?
>>
>>42192665

With chi
>>
>>42192665
He will punch his throat.
>>
>>42192682
punch yourself in the neck, and then chop yourself in the neck. feel the difference
>>
>>42192719
>what is a guard
>>
>>42192719
>>42192612
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKVErVDA0JA
>>
>>42192719
>How will you get a three pointer Timmy?

>I will toss the ball into the hoop

This is you right now.
>>
File: 1483050967974.jpg (45KB, 740x721px) Image search: [Google]
1483050967974.jpg
45KB, 740x721px
>>42192719
wow thats amazing i wonder why no one has thought of that before
>>
File: Neck.png (214KB, 473x370px) Image search: [Google]
Neck.png
214KB, 473x370px
>>42192751
>>
>>42192729
Maybe It's got something to do with me, punch hurt more if anything because of the bones in my hand.
>>
>>42192773
Yes and you will hit that area against a resisting and trained opponent.

Good thinking.
>>
>>42192773
>he thinks MMA fighters walk around with their hands behind their backs

WHAT IS A GUARD YOU NUMBSKULL
>>
>>42184988
the guy who actually fights people
>>
>>42185556
You are correct, they are a meme. Once a Chinese guy put it to the test the government came down on him hard and made him apologize and tone it down.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-39853374
>>
>>42192798
>A guard is 100% effective.
WHAT IS A NECK PUNCH YOU FUCKING IMBECILE!? EVEN THE GREAT GHANDHI HIMSELF NECK PUNCHED GREAT TRAINED GUERILLA SOLDIERS TO DEATH!!! GEEZ LEARN SOME FUCKING HISTORY!
>>
>>42192824
bait
>>
>>42192719
This will actually work. The stupid MMA retard won't knew what hit him, after he wakes up that is.
>>
File: 2017-07-16 01.31.54.jpg (41KB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-16 01.31.54.jpg
41KB, 217x217px
>>42192572
I like you.
>>
>>42190902
nobody thinks that
a lot of people think they improved it though
>>
>>42184988
How to spot a retard: ask him the following question

Who would win between Mike Tyson and Bruce Lee in their respective primes?
Hint: Tyson would stomp on his face
>>
>>42193017
Tyson's also got about 60 pounds on Lee, so I'm not sure if that too great a comparison.
>>
>>42184988
Well seeing as these monks are usually tiny and not packing that much muscle, any heavyweight boxer/mma fighter would destroy them

/thread
>>
File: image.png (21KB, 317x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21KB, 317x370px
>>42185581
>Eastern martial arts
Pic related, or read about the time China was colonized, and how western boxers beat the shit out of meme chinese martial arts in a test of fighting ability.
>>
>>42192654
>why do we not only rarely see traditional martial arts in the UFC
I largely answered why. arts that already have a track record of gloved/ringed competition adapt at a faster rate not to mention arts that do that also happen draw more practitioners that will compete because of exactly that. And what do you consider "only rarely seen"?There's a fairly significant list of 'traditional' stylists with fighters like Lyoto and his brother Chinzo, Ryo and Pettis that i already posted , Stephen Thompson and Cung Le being literally only just a few
>but also in bare knuckle fighting championships, like Pancreas?
Why not take a look at Pancrase's history and rules and tell me why
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancrase#Rules
It was even less conductive to participating from traditional stylists than UFC potentially ever was. Also for both of these, there's the answer that many just didn't want to
>what can they do without gloves that they can't with them?
Hit bareknuckle like they normally would in a bareknuckle competion without gloves having to change the way they punch/fight and that they again have little to no history of using compared to arts that have. The gloves are smaller than boxings yes, but even then gloves like that can still make a big differnce, why do you think gloves allowed in a bareknucklef/ullcontact competitions are evin smaller than MMA gloves and as thin and light as possible
>>
>>42192612
>a black belt
>in kung-fu

How has no one called him out on this yet?
>>
>The reason traditional martial arts get btfo in mma is because they are much too deadly.. Their most effective techniques are forbidden under the rule set of the ufc
>in order for muh honorabre ancient way of the warrior to be effective against this uncultured and brutish excuse for a sport you call mma, I need to be allowed to claw at my opponents eyes, elbow their neck, kick them in the groin, twist their nipples and tickle their prostate with a chi blast
>IT'S NOT INEFFECTIVE IT'S JUST THAT MY SENSEI WON'T LET ME FIGHT OVER 5% OF MY POWER AS HE IS AFRAID IT WILL LEAD TO YOUR DEATH AND SUMMON THE DEMONS OF THE UCHIMARU CLAN THAT REST WITHIN MY BLOOD
>>
Eastern martial arts are a lot like eastern medicine. There's a handful of things they got right mostly by coincidence, and then a lot of bullshit that might seem cool but isn't really useful.
>>
As said above, eastern TMA are like eastern medicine. There's a lot of history and charm to it, but none of that shit works. And when they don't work, or when they are beaten by rivals, and people start to call them out on their bullshit, apologists start to wax poetic about tradition, discipline, ritual, spiritual growth, and so on.

China has so many dumb traditions. Why Mao hasn't abolished all that shit is a mystery to me.
>>
People sorely, sorely underestimate monks. I'd suggest you to a real monastery with real monks, and get humbled there.
PS: Your street corner "monk dojo" won't cut it
Seriously, just visit one. They are superhuman. I thought of them as spooks, as over-exaggerated hacks as they were comically overpowered as depicted in media, but truly they are something else. If all else fails, most of them are at least conditioned to not feel pain, so there's that. If that isn't a huge factor in itself , I do not know what is.
Oh, and monks aren't exclusive to fucking china you commies
>>
>>42187869
he will pull the legendary "bity yo lefty nutty off" technique and sage will go into full self preservation mode crying and screaming.

Monk wins, fatality.
>>
>>42188222
proof? sounds so unbelievably stupid.
>>
>>42194603
Not that guy, and I've never heard about this example in particular, but read about the Boxer rebellion. They were mostly peasants sold on those ideas who believed similar shit, including that they could fly and stop bullets. At the turn of the 19th to 20th century they killed themselves en masse trying to use those powers against western and japanese rifles.

https://books.google.com.br/books?id=7aOuDQAAQBAJ&pg=PT102#v=onepage&q&f=false

And they still believe many stupid things like that in Asia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8szr8oPrxE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJr2BdUTYkU

This comment in the second link perfectly encapsulates that mindset btw:
>the west will always try to bring science in and prove it....if they cant they call it fake....in the east we know we keep calm and dont question an art of over 5000 years....nuff said :)
>>
>>42194471
They do feel pain anon, but only when a SUPERIOR Kung-Fu master attacks them.

https://youtu.be/CAH9qFJ9xSA?t=124
>>
>>42185556
Yes but this is sage.
>>
>>42184988
The monk is stronger. The mma fighter wins in a fight though
>>
>>42185556
> boxer beating anyone that uses their legs

Maybe if he sucker punches the guy
>>
>>42190874
Mauy thai is different to eastern tma.
Most of the martial arts from Indian origin are practiced for war by the lower class, now they have all efforts into full contact.
Chinese martial arts are practice in isolation with little focus on actual competition and practical work.
>>
>>42184988
Those eastern martial arts must be judo and mauy thai.
>>
>>42195392
>and practical work.
That's not entirely true though
>>
>>42193802
We assumed it was bullshitsu
>>
File: 1499968931313.png (388KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499968931313.png
388KB, 800x800px
>>42192382
>>
>>42184988
between this two in the photo
the monk
just look at the thickness of that forearm of that lemon wearing bald man
>>
>>42184988
Kung fu trains with weapons so depends on the fight
>>
>>42195417
>>42195417
By practical work i mean sparring where you attempt to execute techniques against an un-willing opponent, this mean a simulated fight or bought.
>>
>>42184988
the roid head probably
>>
>>42192572
good post.
>>
>>42184988
Depends on the rules, MMA rules MMA fighter wins, no rules the monk wins because he was probably taught to run away grab a brick and hit the other guy on the head with it.
>>
>>42194834
lmao this is comedy gold
>>
>>42195490
>where you attempt to execute techniques against an un-willing opponent

ow many other martial arts promote attacking strangers to get better? The east invented the dojo and a lot the crap involved weapons training which is extremely practical.
>>
>>42184988
money's on the monk, more strenuous work out and lifestyle but then again it depends on the level of training.
>>
>>42195744
>more strenuous
>than a guy whose entire life and career is beating people up

Fucking weebs.
>>
>>42188868
Movies = real life amirite?
>>
>>42185544
spbp
>>
>>42184988
>Guy on the left uses tree as a punching bag
>Guy on the right flips truck tires over
What do you think?
>>
>>42195392
>Most of the martial arts from Indian origin are practiced for war by the lower class
Do you mean the warrior class, because that's who practiced them.
>>
>>42193355
Let me ask you this. What do you need for you change your mind?
>>
File: image.png (359KB, 446x696px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
359KB, 446x696px
>>42193820
I know your memeing but thats actual partly true. Alot of kung fu (like shaolin) are designed to disable or kill the attacker. The monks train with spears and sabers as well. Its useless now but back when people came to your land wielding a halbert, it was a invaluable tool. Also ask why a man ( a real kung fu master) would even want to step into an octagon ring?

Why do we always give the mma fighter the ring? All my money goes on the monk if hes allowed to use all his resources, that extends to the mma fighter.

You guys are stupid, these types of threads are useless and the winner is always the guy in the home court. Give the monk and the mma fighter a sword and you dont even have to guess who wins.

They are different people with different combat styles that study in completely different ways and practice them in different ways.
>>
>>42193017
Weight divisions exist for a reason, anon.
>>
>>42185935
Have you seen ufc one ? No rules or gloves and no kung fu faggots.
>>
>>42195731
>unwilling opponent
>must mean attacking a stranger
here's your (you), you cunt
>>
>>42187385
>>42185709
That video is a bullshit argument for this thread anyway. Actual info on it courtesy of /asp/
>https://archived.moe/asp/thread/2875168/#2887977
The Tai Chi Masters style is made up mcdojo bullshit and Xu Xiadong fought him to disprove just that, he has nothing against well trained legit TMA
>>
>>42197324
No rules? So they can bust out that spear they been training with for 15 years?
>n-no thats gay you weeb he has to only use his fists cause the ufc fighter never trained with weapons

Really activating my almonds here
>>
>>42197364
We're talking about unarmed combat you fucking idiot.
>>
>>42197434
>what would happen if we took a guy who trains his entire life in unarmed combat and pit him against a guy who trains with swords spears and fists?

Excellent thread
>>
>>42192491
Russia isn't Western, cuck. Stop promoting this myth, those slanty eyed Siberian niggers need to fuck off back to the snow.
>>
>>42194834
That was very, very painful to watch.
>>
>>42197121
>What do you need for you change your mind?
To what? From critically thinking and using my brain to downing the first memes I hear and not thinking any further than two feet in front of me?
>>
>>42193355

We have seen reference to TMA fighting western styles over 100 years ago. Gloves and rings have been available for that long. How fucking long do you want to give them to adapt before you will acknowledge their weakness? 100 years not enough time yet for real?
>>
>>42197782
>Gloves and rings have been available for that long.
>How fucking long do you want to give them to adapt before you will acknowledge their weakness?
>100 years not enough time yet for real?
Not time at all, because they're not weak just because you want to not read, anti-TMA nutride and a few arts adapt faster to a set of rules. Also there's no reason for some to arbitrarily change because some new rules and and gloves showed up when bareknuckle training and sparring can and has worked just fine. If you want to see TMA's fight with gloves, ther're shit like Kudo you could watch. If TMA's make you this butthurt then maybe they're not for you and you watch/do something else entirely; but that doesn't make them weak, shit or any other retarded memes you've been pulling out of your ass
>>
>>42197930

Besides "some arts adapt better to a specific set of rules" what substantive point do you actually think you have made? You think you are making a grounded, rational argument here?

TMA have had more than 100 years to demonstrate their effectiveness in any practical capacity. You haven't made a single cogent point that suggests that effectiveness, only a particularly weak refutation of the mountain of evidence that shows how shit TMA is based on your one point "some arts adapt better to a set of rules" which literally says nothing since you can't even establish that point on rational grounds, just repeat it over and over.

Notice how my point doesn't depend on calling you names?
>>
>>42198165
>You think you are making a grounded, rational argument here?
I am
>TMA have had more than 100 years to demonstrate their effectiveness in any practical capacity.
And you retardedly keep insisting they haven't with memes and blatant historical ignorance
>You haven't made a single cogent point that suggests that effectiveness
Yes, I'm sure I haven't and your feelings and compleytely subjective opinion on this matter is correct
>only a particularly weak refutation of the mountain of evidence that shows how shit TMA is based on your one point "some arts adapt better to a set of rules" which literally says nothing since you can't even establish that point on rational grounds
>which literally says nothing since you can't even establish that point on rational grounds
Ijust did. Multiple times now.
>just repeat it over and over.
Way to ignore everything else in my posts
>>
>>42188868
fucking keked hard anon, thank you

>Must be kinda scary shooting that scene with Tyson
>He forgets to pull his punches for just one combo and you're probably dead
>>
>>42199801
But anon, that's exactly what happened.
>Mike forgot to pull his punches in the elbow block scene
>Mike broke one of his fingers on Donnie's elbow
>Mike says Donnie would beat him in a fight

This is actually a pro MMA thing though, since Donnie is pretty famous for incorporating grappling into his choreography, but changed his style up completely in order to better play the part of Ip Man.
>>
File: le_cocaine_hit_and_run_man.jpg (113KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
le_cocaine_hit_and_run_man.jpg
113KB, 768x1024px
nobody in the world could beat this bloke in a fight

his special moves are eye pokes with his 7ft reach, taking steroids and running over pregnant women
>>
File: 51CDdEXZPZL.jpg (42KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
51CDdEXZPZL.jpg
42KB, 350x500px
>people still arguing about who would win in style v. style matches with no time limits and no rules

we already did this shit 20 years ago, you can buy it on amazon

it basically proved that it doesn't matter how big you are or how good you are at punching and kicking if you can't grapple you're fucked in an actual 1v1 fight
>>
>>42200000
wow
>>
>>42184988
gjhjghjghjghjghj
>>
File: you underestimate my autism.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
you underestimate my autism.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>42200000

check em
>>
>>42190541
>Kick boxing
>Fight goes to decision
>Fight of the century

Now this is gonna be a fuckin fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8lL0EItUvU
>>
The Spiritual aspect of Eastern Martial Arts is nice. If you can't believe in yourself, who's to say you can truly fight at your maximum
>>
>>42194784
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAA

>those students flopping all over the place without even being touched

Now I feel less shame over Steven Seagal existing and being somewhat White.
>>
>>42197181
Monk with a sword vs MMA fighter with a gun. Who wins?

You a dumb motherfucker.
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.