[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traps and neck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: lou-ferrignor T.jpg (42KB, 640x508px) Image search: [Google]
lou-ferrignor T.jpg
42KB, 640x508px
How do I get bigger traps and a wider neck?

For now I only did deadlifts, rows and pull ups but I doubt they're enough to build those specific muscles.
>>
Shrugs.
Farmers walks.
Cheat DB rows for high reps. Use straps.
>>
>>42175600
Should I go heavy on shrugs?
>>
>>42175585
heavy rack pulls above the knee
>>
>>42175585
traps are one of the most resilient muscles on your body, so you need a lot of weight to overload them
>>
>>42175606

Not to the point where you're bouncing the weight up and ducking your head down to pretend you're completing the rep. Keep the reps strict
Just keep it in the 10-15 rep range and you should be good.
>>
>>42175629
Would a combination of heavy rack pulls (3-5 reps) and shrugs (10-15 reps), maybe boasted by upright rows, be the best approach for traps?
>>
How heavy should I be going with shrugs? The heaviest I've gone so far is 200lbs for sets of 8-12. Should I be trying to increase the weight?
>>
trap bar rack pulls
>>
>>42175750

That would probably be plenty to keep them growing yeah. Try it and see how it feels, if you feel like you can do more, then feel free to do more.
>>
>>42175767

You should be trying to increase the weight of ALL of your lifts (safely)
>>
>>42175750
do power shrugs instead
my traps and neck grew a lot in 8 months of lifting, but I had very good shoulders beforehand. Its silly to generalize this stuff, some people build and maintain muscle easily while others cant even take off a week with noticeably losing gains already.
Front squats seemed to grow my neck a lot. Another guy in my gym front squats much more than I do and he still has a pencil-neck. Then you need to hit the neck directly
>>
File: Nasser_El_Sonbaty_80.jpg (74KB, 726x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nasser_El_Sonbaty_80.jpg
74KB, 726x768px
>>42175585
deadlifts should be enough for decent traps
get a head harness to train your neck
>>
>>42175585

My biggest gains have followed very heavy shrugs (500lbs+) but I think they had a negative affect on my shoulder joints and I have pulled back from them. I tried trap bar shrugs, but I don't like the way a trap bar can roll in your hand so my current routine is to do heavy dumbbell shrugs using wrist straps (so I can concentrate more on the traps and less on my grip) and I will squeeze for 1 second at the top and lower slowly. Next, I saw a video where Phil Heath was doing shrugs on the calf raise machine and I really like them - they stress my traps in a different way. Search youtube for "calf machine shoulder shrugs". The last I have tried, but didn't like was to use the shoulder press machine while standing on the seat and I didn't like this either because the full stack was too light.
>>
Seated dumbbell shrugs y/n?
>>
File: corey.jpg (499KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
corey.jpg
499KB, 667x1000px
>>42175585
headbang for neck gains
>>
Try plate loaded bench press, stand on the bench and use straps, been getting gains with this at the gym I go to..also heavy bb shrugs and heavy db shrugs...do the last two first and 3-4 sets of failure on plate loaded bench
>>
I do this at the end of my shoulder routine, bb, db, then plate loaded bench...3-4 sets circuit
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.