[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Situps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0430.jpg (86KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0430.jpg
86KB, 1024x1024px
So i do sit-ups the way she does in the pic.
Only keeping my arms streched.

But what i see people in the gym do, is one doing this excericise, and their friend holding his/her feet nailed to the ground.

So what is the big difference between you making the effort yourself to keep feet grounded or being helped with this. What muscles are being trained more if you're on your own?
>>
stop doing sit ups and do hanging straight leg raises
>>
>>42175170

This. Sit ups are dog shit.

Leg raises, cable crunches, ab wheel rolls and planks are all you need for ab work, add in rotation for obliques.
>>
>>42175170
I do both, and more- is a part of routine, but i'm just curious abt. The technicalities
>>
Keeping your feet grounded yourself is better for working the abs.
Having them held down by someone else makes it less ab intensive and thus easier.
>>
>>42175517
Just more intense for the same musscles or are there tiny ones left untrained if you have help?
>>
>>42175552
Ofk
>>
>>42175180
>Sit ups are dog shit.
why are they dog shit?
do they risk injury? muscle imbalance?
would you do sit ups if you were away from a gym for a few days?
>>
>>42177295
Not the guy you are replying to, but in my case, when I do sit ups or crunches without thoroughly stretching my hips, my right hip always seems to catch halfway through the movement coming up and then something pops. Makes it really uncomfortable to do. I have no issues squatting or doing any other full ROM work - just sit ups.

I also don't like that as you get more tired doing sit ups or crunches, you reduce the ROM, which is shitty. Additionally, you are rolling your spine up and down on the floor, which is usually not too comfy either. Lastly, I found that doing ab work from the floor took forever. Doing 5 sets of 50 reps or whatever is for the birds once you get conditioned to it.

I replaced them with using an ab roller wheel. They're $15 or less on Amazon and absolutely shred your abs in a few reps. There is also minimal back strain and you can dial the ROM how you like. Other people here are recommending leg raises, and they're good too if you have a bar to work with.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.