[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any /fit/izen into martial arts? thoughts on Krav maga?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (152KB, 1901x1014px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
152KB, 1901x1014px
any /fit/izen into martial arts?
thoughts on Krav maga?
>>
Bunch of skinheads grabbing my dick?
Sounds good
>>
>>42174280
you want some bagels with that?
>>
dumb meme shit

the shit that works is the shit that works on trained killers and has a high level of competition

wrestling, bjj, boxing, muay thai, etc

no sparring or competitive element = useless under pressure against an opponent who is actively resisting
>>
>>42174280
wrong board, kid.

>>>/asp/

time for you to fuck off, moron. nice fat sage so no bump either. faggot.
>>
I used to do boxing and savate. Will start Sambo soon because my work location changed for the next 2 years and no striking gym outside of some Shotokan Karate.
Dunno about Krav Maga. I'm sceptic because of the "too deadly 4 the ring" vibe they try to go for but it seems it has some merits as well.
>>42174342
>Stop doing actual sports and let's wank over fitness youtubers and post facebook tier meme
>>
File: 1466870739326.jpg (170KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1466870739326.jpg
170KB, 640x1136px
>>42174280
I want to learn Krav Maga but there's no good gyms near me. I've been doing boxing (punching a punching bag) recently.

I want to learn Krav Maga so I can more effectively grab petite qts in dark alleys and rape them. Also want to take a couple to my basement, cut off their arms and legs so they can't escape, and keep them permanently as my breeding sows. I'll take good care of them I promise. Need to buy a house in the countryside first tho.
>>
Kickboxing and Thaiboxing for close to 8 years here.
Krav Maga is a jewish meme/trick to sepperate you from your shekels.
The likelihood of you finding a school that actually teaches it properly is really fucking slim and even if you find one that teaches it properly, its unlikely that its going to be much used to you, based on the simply fact thats its pretty difficult to spar during Krav Maga practice.
You may do some slow throat punch excersizes รก la "here's how its theoretically done", but in an actual fight or flight situation you wont be able to recall that kind of knowledge since its not really muscle memory, but rather a conscious effort.
If you want something that actually works, start boxing and find a gym that actually lets you spar properly.
Then if you have interest/time, pick up Thai Boxing for dem elbows and knees and to round it all up, try to find a BJJ place (good luck with that).
If you actually have the dedication/time to invest in all this, you'll be a pretty well rounded fighter after 2-3 years.
>>
>>42174280

Krav Maga is not a sport martial art and is a series of close quarter disarm/breakout techniques. Cool for LE or Mil, but not really a technical martial art.

Muai Thai, Taekwondo and BJJ are the three most common for street fighting or actual fist combat training. Anyone who has had to engage in street fighting will tell you that 99% of fights will either end on the ground (someone gets ko'd / buzzed) or become a ground submission (tackled ) unless a weapon is involved.

If a weapon is involved, you're fucked and should run.
>>
>>42174785
We're all gonna make it bro.
>>
>>42174280
I joined a boxing gym, quit after six months to protect my already limited IQ. As soon as I became proficient the sparring became brain-rattling, a couple of times I felt like I was out drinking the night before.

As for Krav, it seems super practical, but if you want to be super practical why not carry a gun or knife?
>>
Karate for ~10 years, bjj for ~1.5 years (not including the bjj concepts i learned in "karate" class)
Karate is fun, and learning how to throw punches and kicks properly, without falling over, was useful. I wouldn't recommend it for a self defense class, but as a sport its fun.
BJJ is much better if self defense is your goal. Six months in it and you'll have a way higher chance of winning a street fight, because most people don't know the first thing about self defense.
>>
File: 1498517355797.png (149KB, 343x343px) Image search: [Google]
1498517355797.png
149KB, 343x343px
>>42174280
Krav Maga master race here. I can beat anyone in less than 15 seconds.
>>
>>42175271
not me
>>
>>42175271
Smash the nuts, gouge the eyes, bite the flesh, that sort of thing?
>>
File: 1495230784422.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495230784422.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>42175308
Yep.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.