[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 33

File: IMG_1144.jpg (40KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1144.jpg
40KB, 500x730px
Old one's dead; maybe someone here is in the same situation as me:
>lactose intolerant
>can't eat eggs
>can't eat peanut butter
I get through the day still needing about 1100 calories and I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to get them in. Anybody have experience with these diet restrictions?
>>
I tried liquid calories like juice and pop but they didnt work well for me. Get those calories in fat or carbs not sugar.

I got pretty sick and its during my cut 2/3 weekly workouts fucked so far. Should I eat at maint till i can workout again?
>>
File: 1500119749409.jpg (536KB, 2200x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1500119749409.jpg
536KB, 2200x2200px
Started going to the gym again after a year long hiatus last month. Decided to switch from my brosplit to PHAT and have been making some decent gains. Going on a cut (1400 kcal a day, TDEE is calculated to 2500 but i dont trust that shit so prob more like 2100). Eating 2x BW in brotein every day. I've gotten a lot thinner and bigger, but i feel like the gains are coming to a stop. Pulled a 90 kg x 5 squat for 2 sets last week and i the last ones were really heavy, same thing with DL's.
Bench is increasing every week , as are pretty much all other exercises especially dips and pullups, i've always been shit (like REALLY shit , i had a 160 kg DL and a 80 kg bench) so im pretty happy with that.

Do you reckon im starting to stall because im shit at lifting or is the cut starting to take it's toll? Current plan is to cut until like 15% BF and then lean bulk. 1,76m 76kg manlet btw.
>>
File: man-boobs.png (358KB, 536x331px) Image search: [Google]
man-boobs.png
358KB, 536x331px
About pecs, when do your tits start to get that "line" going from the outer pec to the shoulder instead of having them look a bit like manboobs? Genetics, pec size, or BF%?
>>
>>42173986
How does one learn that they are lactose intolerant, can't eat eggs or can't eat peanut butter?
>>
What's an impressive weight to squat / bench / deadlift at 180lbs?
>>
What do PPLPPLX, PHUL, and PHAT stand for? And what do they mean?
>>
I'm 31, 6'1 170lb been doing SL and recently PHUL for about 7 months but my lifts are shit. Stalled for 2 months at 185x5 squat, 155x5 bench, 255x5 DL. I just want to look good. Started off weighing 155lb benching 95lb so I've eaten surplus and got stronger but it seems like I'll never get close to 1/2/3/4

1. Should I give up trying to raise those numbers and focus on hypertrophy?
2. Why are my lifts shit?
>>
>>42175275
Push Pull Legs Push Pull Legs

Power Hypertrophy Upper Lower

Power Hypertrophy Adaptive Training

They are different beginner/intermediate weight lifting programs for getting bigger/stronger
>>
>>42174571
you need to work your upper chest and front delts for that
>>
>>42175327
stalling happens

keep going
>>
>>42175327
1. No, but I'd add some accessories to your regular SL routine.

2. Because you started out as a weak shit and 7 months isn't that long of a timeframe. Don't listen to the people who say they hit 1/2/3/4 after a couple of months lifting. The few who did usually already had a good athletic base, and weren't skinny.
>>
>>42174604
Allergy test with a doctor is the best way.

Also can do an elimination test in lieu of doctor. Cut out potential allergens from diet for period of time, introduce one at a time and see if your symptoms change
>>
Doctor says I cant deadlift due to upper back problems, given me an all clear to squat if I front squat. What are substitutes I can do for the DL?

Also I fall on my ass every time I break parallel what's the best video for front squat form? Or is it a flexibility issue?
>>
How/how often should I be training my calves? Its the one place where I have seen little to no progress and I don't know what to do at this point. I don't know if bodyfat plays a role with them as muscle as it does other muscles but I will take any advice I can get on how to get them to grow
>>
>>42173986
get better genes
>>
>>42174571
I'm glad you're paying attention to that. So many people have soggy looking pecs. You want to target the mid pec area for that.
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 1280x960px
Should i start bulking or contiue cutting?

Been cutting for a while now and lost 39 pounds; im just wondering if i should begin bulking now or just keep cutting till the abs come in.
>>
>>42173986
Avocados?

>>42175536
Front squats and pull-ups. It's likely a flexibility issue, probably in your ankles, but check out your hip mobility as well
>>
>>42175691
definately, but abs won't appear on their own, you'll have to train them as well.
>>
>>42173986
avocado
>>
>>42175744
Definitely what? Definitely bulk or cut?
>>
>>42175744
>should I bulk or cut
>definitely
>>
>>42175691
definitely continue cutting. your already looking like you just went on a bulk and would have to cut
>>
>>42175691
You're fat like me, what do you want to bulk?
>>
>>42175812
For strength gains obviously.
>>
>>42175744
i agree
>>
If I'm looking to get my chest up to par, would doing BP every gym day plus chest accessories be a good way to do it?
>>
>>42175964
I'd like to know this too as well as good ab exercises.

I hear pushups and cable flys are good for the chest though, anon.
>>
>>42176041
I do cable flyes as part of my accessories
>>
File: 31SPYVBRA9L.jpg (13KB, 321x500px) Image search: [Google]
31SPYVBRA9L.jpg
13KB, 321x500px
>>42173986

What are some signs benches and bench-like things are nearing breaking point?

>Be me
>homegym masterrace
>Doing weighted chest dips
>Dipping frame weight limit 300lb
>Dipping at ~230lb inc bodyweight
>Dipping bars flexing/vibrating, feels like standing on a diving board.
>Constantly aware the only thing keeping me from faceplanting are two 3/4 inch carriage bolts.
>thisisunnerving.jpg

What can I expect as I get closer to the weight limit? Will it fail totally? Will I get a warning like creaking noises or will it be sudden?

Pic very related. Thats what I'm dipping on.
>>
Has anybody ever put a scoop of protein powder in with their coffee? Would it go horrible or would it make it like a nice mocha beverage?
>>
>>42176586

It's fucking vile, don't ever do it. The heat makes the powder congeal into big thick blobs.
>>
File: killmeplease.png (1MB, 1338x1334px) Image search: [Google]
killmeplease.png
1MB, 1338x1334px
Recovering /eatingdisorder/ and /bodydysmorphia/, at this point I legitimately cannot tell if my body is proportioned or not. I can't shake the feeling that my upper body is too small and that my core/obliques are way too bulky in comparison, can I get some opinions/critiques?
>>
>>42176825

Nice body but your hair and beard make you look like a las vegas magician.
>>
>>42176825
your proportions are good brah.
You look good but I'd get more size on ya though.
>>
File: edd wood pecker.gif (113KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
edd wood pecker.gif
113KB, 150x150px
>going to gym for past 2 years (maybe more?)
>3-4 days a week, gained 15-20lbs of muscle
>new job is electric meter reading so I now walk 6-12 miles a day
>never have the energy to go to the gym, I usually can manage 1 day but I'm lucky if I go 2 days a week. Lost 15lbs in 4 months and I'm eating more
How the fuck can I get my motivation/energy back? I use most of my stamina during the day
>>
>>42176825
looks like you never train your core mate. Gonna learn a lesson if you ever have to throw fists.
>>
>>42176524
The frame will likely fail suddenly, probably on the arms somewhere. Bolts should be ok. You could seriously fuck yourself up on this. I suggest wearing a motorcycle helmet every time you dip and just let it happen.
>>
>>42173986
What's a good meal/food to consume after a workout?
>inb4 protein shake
>>
>>42176896

>paramedics found the broken legged guy wearing nothing but sweatpants and a motorcycle helmet.

So this is how it ends. fml. I hate being poor. Any anons in Ireland got a 250kg weight limit bench to give away?
>>
>>42176840
Thanks, also currently looking around for good barbers, wanna donate my hair but my shitty hairline gives me anxiety about what style I should go with

>>42176842
>>42176891
Thanks friends, I do core work every once in a while, kind of lacking the past years though since I'm not on my highschool sports teams. I'll try to incorporate it more often
>>
Should I do cardio as a beginner, roughly two months in?
>>
How do I reach Sparrow mode?
I'm a man btw.
>>
Is "catching up on sleep" a real thing? I've had trouble waking up recently, but haven't been more tired during the day. I have hypothyroidism but take medication for it. Should I just talk to a doctor?
>>
>>42173986
Greek yogurt, strained of all the whey and lactose. Has casein.
Whey protein powder
More meat
Beans
>>
>>42174571
Do incline bench
>>
File: IMG_0608.jpg (67KB, 627x554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0608.jpg
67KB, 627x554px
how am I supposed to do chin ups when they only "bars" my gym has are these things?
>>
>>42177160
whats her insta, breh?
>>
>>42173986
>tfw lactose intolerant and allergic to gluten
>still make average gains at 25 y/o 5'11'' 165lbs
>>
>>42177305
https://www.instagram.com/pissenin/
>>
>>42173986
How do I get a stronger chin?
>>
>>42177330
1. Stop being a mouth breather
2. Get better genetics
>>
For adding more fats to my diet, will I be better off with a tablespoon of peanut butter or normal salted butter if I've already had a couple tablespoons of peanut butter earlier in the day?
>>
>>42176825
ya look good desu
work your upper chest and lats if you want to have more mass, but everything looks good as it is
>>
>>42173986
eat steak and sweetpotatoes with coconut oil If you need help with appetite use sugar.
>>
>>42177325
yo does this chick browse /fit/?
>the weak should fear the strong
>activate your almonds
>squats and oats equals big gains
>>
I've started eating healthier and for the time being don't count macros or anything like that. I've switched my dinner to 1 chicken breast, broccoli and sweet corn but immediately after eating and for the rest of the evening I'm hungry where as I never used to be. It feels like I've not eaten at all. Is it a lack of carbs or what is going on here?
>>
I was in bed during 3 months due to illness. I've lost 10 kg (22 pounds) .After a couple weeks of being able to do normal life,my legs hurt and i see them really small, when i lay down the outer head of my quad goes completly missing.
How could i start working out my legs again? I feel like they are super weak,like baby weak and i am afraid of injuring myself. Help me out swolepeople. I miss the iron so much.
>>
What happens if you still have your hair and take rogaine or that other shit that starts with an M?

My hair isn't growing as fast as when I was younger. I don't have any bald spots and I still have tons of hair just kinda miss my hair growing quickly
>>
>>42177744
She used to. Don't know if she still does
>>
File: Screenshot_20170717-194052.png (154KB, 1080x2220px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170717-194052.png
154KB, 1080x2220px
peanut butter is the only way i can manage to beat my bulk calories goal, but all of this fucking fat cannot be good. Advice? I tried rice but god it gets old quick. Peanut butter is so easy and actually decent
>>
>>42177941
GOMAD
>>
>>42173986
went to aldi and found some small sized avocdoes

the fuck are those? I bought three to try out and waiting for them to ripen
>>
File: progress update.jpg (706KB, 1796x1740px) Image search: [Google]
progress update.jpg
706KB, 1796x1740px
I asked the /fat/ general, but I think this is a more appropriate place to ask.
How long do you think I should cut? I would like to play sport (rugby/gridiron) next year. Should I cut to a certain navel length, like 32 or 30 inches? I could try going for abs, but I have not isolated them and not having much muscle mass as it is, I think its largely a pointless endeavor with this musculature.
181cm
Id estimate around 20-22% body fat, and both photos are 1st thing in the morning, so my navel is a bit smaller than what it would be throughout the day
>>
>>42177964
oh god my asshole tho, i actually had to lotion it today just from 5 cups of 2%..i'll make it work though. Thanks
>>
File: hankhill_ass.jpg (21KB, 345x360px) Image search: [Google]
hankhill_ass.jpg
21KB, 345x360px
My thighs are thick but i minus an ass how do i fix this?
>>
I've been doing phraks GLSP for about 2 weeks after a long hiatus from exercising and its only taking me about 20-25 minutes of lifting a day. Is this enough for growth? I am starting with low weights and working up to get my form down again but am trying to work hard on the amrap sets
>>
>>42176825
Come sit next to me bb I'll treat you right.
>>
>>42178000
You should focus 100% on gaining muscle.

You don't need to be ripped for football or rugby, but you need to be strong for both.
>>
>>42178136
Squats & SLDL
>>
>>42178000
lift heavy and eat maintenance of your goal weight, you dont need to cut and bulk constantly but it looks like you dont even lift so i would suggesst lifting first and your body will recomp on it's own
>>
>>42176873
just do a pre-workout routine at home and get pumped up, that usually motivates me to grab my bicycle and get going on the days i'm less motivated.
>>
>>42177291
do it on the inner bar itself? if you just hold properly, your grip shouldn't slide off, and you can just do it as if it was a normal, albeit a little thick, straight bar.
>>
>>42178000
i played rugby for a year, but kinda stopped since i got way too many injuries (although it was a wrist injury i got during a workout that made me quit in the first place lol). Let me tell you, you can literally play rugby at any since. Yes, it's probably gonna be easier to run if you're not big, but i've seen a guy with a good 40% bf and at least 120kg on him play a mean forward. If you actually wanna play back, you have to cut a LOT more. I mean down to the 10-11% range. So if you wanna start playing rugby, just begin as soon as possible, don't save it until you're cut.
>>
>>42178136
squats, lunges, hacksquat, leg press

hell, my problem for a long time was pressing with my toes instead of my heel whenever i did squats/hacksquat. Just make sure you've good form and you should be all good.
>>
>>42173986
eat meat, faggot. there are many protein/calorie dense varieties.
>>
>>42175691
Congrats on the weight loss. 39 lbs lost is something to be proud of. However, you need to lose another 30+ to get aesthetic.

Actually, hard to tell your bf% from the photo. I'm 6'0'' and started at 200lbs. I'm down to 180 now but I still have a layer of fat covering my lower abs. I plan on cutting to about 168lbs before I start an extremely slow, clean bulk.
>>
I hate going outside for cardio and I don't have access to a stationery bike or treadmill. Have an electronic stepper machine tho, is that shit a meme or can I do something with it?
>>
>>42175827
You should be gaining strength while losing weight. In the last two months my bench has gone from 140 (5x5) to 165 (5x5) while I've lost 15 lbs. I'm doing leangains IF
>>
>>42178219
Do you have a penis y/n
>>
>>42173986
How many scoops of whey is too many?
I had 4 today
>>
Is there a good way to estimate how many calories yardwork burns? Work a landscaping job and was weed whacking today for a few hours; normally can run 4-6 miles and today after work I had to give up at 1.5 from fatigue. I need to lose some weight but I have no idea how many calories I need to eat with this job.
>>
>>42178830
dont re-eat your calories, just consider it bonus - its probably much less than you think anyway
>>
Should I replace PHAT with PPL?

Also what's the average calorie intake for someone that goes to the gym for 2 hours? Mine's 2.3k
>>
>>42173986
Ar.. are you my girlfriend?
>>
What should I take BEFORE working out if I feel really tired before I even begin?

I'm worried because this is becoming something constant, why is this happening?
>>
>>42173986
I stopped working out earlier this year and around the same time I believe to develop a form of carpal tunnel syndrome not from lifting but from computer usage, could lifting help my issue out with certain forearm and wrist workouts I am a newbie to /fit/ and I never truly lifted I was barely getting started until I could side tracked by work
>>
>>42178985
What time of the day to you work out?
>>
>>42179147

After work, around 5-6:30PM.

I sleep the right hours and I don't get stressed in my work.
>>
>>42179162
Eat 1-2 hours before you get to the gym.

Caffeine before you start.
>>
Guys, if i'm trying to lose fat, does my routine matter? I mean, i'll start dieting on deficit but i don't know if i should do a starting strenght routine or a routine with no rest (like for exemplo do bench press and instead of rest for a min, i would go do situps and go back to the bench and so on)

Can you guys help me out?
>>
>>42179180
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
>>
>>42173986
Would BWE be better for beginners instead of FWE?
>>
>>42179206
If you are completely untrained, I would start with some form of beginner routine. Get the movements down, and take advantage of those newbie gains while you are cutting.

Then after you have lost weight, you will be ready to actually try to gain.
>>
Does your guys' body temperatures fluctuate much when you are +/- maintainence calories?
+500 or more and my body and feet are roasting fucking hot, but -500 and I'm reaching for a blanket.
>>
>>42177875
>Don't know if she still does

we're all in here forever, anon
>>
I've got even push/pull exercises in upper body but not lower body. Is that bad? Does push/pull matter as much for lower? And if so are there any other decent pull lower body exercises besides diddy variations and hip extension?
>>
File: 1313795039133.png (9KB, 459x377px) Image search: [Google]
1313795039133.png
9KB, 459x377px
so, still pretty weak and can't do a full set of chin ups. HOWEVER, I can manage 2-3 at first and then 2 sets of 2.

Would it be more beneficial to do as many as I can the first set followed by negatives or to do as many chin ups as possible, even if it's not 3x5?
>>
why are there days when I weigh more in the scale but look leaner and defined, while other where i weigh significantly less but look puffy and bloated?
>>
>>42179680
I used a chair to rest my feet on so I was only lifting part of my body weight. Worked it smaller sets of full bodyweight over time.
>>
>>42176825
cute, i'd dickfight with you
>>
File: 1498847426845.jpg (491KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498847426845.jpg
491KB, 1600x1200px
How bad is it to lift before breakfast, on an empty stomach?
I lift from 8:00 to 10:00 approx and have breakfast at 11:00ish.
>>
>>42179754
google leangains
>>
>>42179754
I do it all the time. No problems. Take some coffee beforehand to help with any energy probs
>>
>>42179772
>>42179789
Thanks y'all, I was a bit worried that my body would "eat up muscle/gainz" as my brother told me today. Been lifting for 2 months and loving it.
>>
>doing 6 day pplpplx
>can only go to the gym 5 days a week soon
wat do
>>
survey, would you be pissed if your gym owner started letting people connect their own music?
>>
Is it okay to do a few accessories after my main lifts on programs like GSLP?

For example, incline db press on bench days, or db shoulder press on press days..

I would aim to do like 3 sets of 8-12 reps
>>
>>42177459
Normal is more nutritious than peanut
>>
>>42177748
Less calories, read the sticky
>>
>>42177784
Baby steps? Start light? What exactly are you asking? Just fucking do it
>>
>>42179680
I think so, I was in the same position a few months ago. I find negatives boring, and 3 reps is a useful range for strength gains. I started out with 3x2 followed by 3x10 lat pulldown. I quickly moved to 3-2-2 then 3-3-2 then 4-3-3 before reaching 3x5 in 4 to 6 weeks (can't remember the exact timeline).

You could do 3x as-many-reps as possible (e.g. 3-2-2) followed by 2x5 or 3x5 negatives.

Doing actual chin ups kept me motivated.
>>
>>42178478
Sort yourself out
>>
>>42178478
>can I do something with it

Why don't you get on it and fucking find out?

>I hate going outside

You've got bigger problems than fitness m8
>>
>>42180312
Sure, but not to failure
>>
Whats the best way to treat Nd aviod stretch marks?
>>
>>42178346
I played rugby and American footy for years. Seasons are pretty much over here, although I have friends playing American football, so im likely to go into that. Its a very low level ametuer league, so I wouldnt have to tailor my training solely to that. I was leaning towards getting to 16-18% body fat so I liked decent and felt good about my self, but have enough size to take/dish out a hit. So I was thinking going down another 3-7kg (depending on how that goes) and then lean bulk/eat maintenance from there. I know people say recomp and stay at maintenance but I'd really like to get to a decent body fat, maybe 16-18%. Mainly to just make the love handles less obvious, at least while i wear clothes
>>
So I just spent the whole day outside, most of it in the gym and some of it just walking around. Only had a chance to eat once, and now I'm about to sleep. Should I force myself to drink protein shakes to at least get my protein up before I hit the sack or should I lay low and eat better the next day? I feel pretty good about the workouts I did today and I broke some PRs.
>>
File: gjdfjdfgjdfgjgfdjdgfj.png (795KB, 1275x588px) Image search: [Google]
gjdfjdfgjdfgjgfdjdgfj.png
795KB, 1275x588px
I need some advice, I've been cutting for a while and I've cut about 60 lbs, from 250 to the 190 in the picture, I feel like I've lost no fat whatsoever, the bulk in my gut and my man-titties don't seem to want to leave.
I'm not sure whether to keep cutting, at this point it seems like i'd have to cut to like 150 to see any results, but that seems really low for someone @ 6'1.
I'm also feeling demoralized because of my failing lifts ever since I started cutting and I was never very strong to begin with. is there any point in cutting further if my current lifts for 3x5 are
DL:210 lbs
SQ: 190 lbs
Bench : 150 lbs
OHP : 100 lbs
Or should I try to get stronger first and then cut again?
>>
File: 1369501310024.jpg (103KB, 400x417px) Image search: [Google]
1369501310024.jpg
103KB, 400x417px
Went to gym last night, in the mood to go again, can't go tomorrow or the day after, a little sore. Will going fuck my gains? Should I stick to light running/cardio? Mainly my arms and core is a little sore.
>>
>>42180625
>bulk
>cut

take these out your head

eat maintenance for goal weight

become goal weight

simple really
>>
Why does everyone always go for beef as a meat source, but not pork?
Pork seems to have quite a bit more bang for your buck.
>>
>>42180680
I have no idea what my goal weight might even be at this point is the problem, since after losing 60 pounds I don't seem to look any better.
>>
>>42180697
pork has more fat% but eating protein> not eating protein

people are stupid, just buy which evers cheapest

oh wait that's chicken
>>
>>42180708
250Lbs is a fucking lot of weight so you were probably fat as fuck

180 would probably be a good start you dont look very muscular so just eat maintenance calories for 180, your lifts should still be going up, give it a month and see how you look
>>
>>42176825
proportions looks great, if I were you I'd continue to work on core.
>>
>>42180625
anon, I don't think you understand just how much weight 250 is. You've done a great job with that, but it's not over yet. Even for someone at 6'1", your technical ideal weight is about 165, a full 25 pounds less than you are currently.

>I feel like I've lost no fat whatsoever
Do you have a picture of yourself at 250? Compare the two. You will see a difference.

>I'm also feeling demoralized because of my failing lifts ever since I started cutting
Well, yeah, you're cutting. Did you expect to build muscle?

> is there any point in cutting further
yes. You shouldn't bulk past 18% BF and you are most certainly past 18% BF.

Try to get down to 170, see how you feel and look there.
>>
>>42173986
Sex related question, for experienced anons.

Do you cum inside your sexual conquests? I'm talking bare back no birth control straight up cum inside your flings?

How do normal people have sex? I have this preconceived notion that everyone has sex differently than I do, I am very conscious about where I cum, pull out method is my forte. But I've spilled spaghetti one time when a chick wrapped her legs around me tight when I was about to cum. That was freaky. Maybe I am too paranoid
>>
>>42181019
>>42180728
Thanks for all the advice, I was feeling just a bit overwhelmed by the fact that there' s still a long way to go, but /fit/ always seems to help me with seeing things through to the end.
>>
>>42181034
Always pull out, that chick was just fucking nuts
>>
I've been going SL for about 4 months now and I keep failing around the same numbers, I keep pushing myself to the point that I'm now getting chest problems, is it ok to switch to a more volume focused program? I get that getting a foundation of strength to start on is generally the best way to go about workingout and looking good but my body simply can't keep up with the weights, I feel like I'm one workout away from a heartattack, pls help.
>>
>>42179772
all of this shit looks like they just dropped water weight

lies/10
>>
>>42174545
its the cut. 1400 kcal is really low
>>
Did anyone losing weight experience dick gains?
>>
>>42178625
Don't worry about that, happiness is what matters. I bet you look cute with your hair down.
>>
>>42181089
If you were really fat its very well possible that your dick will become bigger if you lose the fat around it
>>
>>42173986
bro if you cant eat some high fat ground beef you're pretty much a sad cunt...

1100 calories isn't hard to find... just go to kfc
>>
>>42181075
Of course its okay anon, everyone has different limits and different ways of growth, if something isn't working for you always change it up and experiment. Remember brah its not a race its a journey and it takes time to figure out what works and doesn't work for you.

Also, starting strength is a dank meme... sorry you fell for it bro.
>>
>>42181034
never too paranoid anon, you're doing it right. look bro bitches will come at you a billion different ways trying to get you to stick around, the truly crazy and fucked up ones will try shit like trying to have you put a baby in them.

also I never cum in a chick or bare back a chick not on bc. asking for problems there also never bare back a 1night stand... find a condom that works for you brah and love that thing.. because i've gotten an std twice each time i didn't wear the rubber.
>>
If a gril that lifts has high estrogen levels naturally will she make sicker gains compared to average chicks that workout like a dude with high test vs someone with low test would?
>>
Switching from SS to this:
A
>Squat 3x5
>Press 3x5
>Power Clean 5x3
B
>Deadlift 1x5
>Bench 3x5
>Chin up 3x5
Fuck Squatting all the time, my legs are constantly sore and they're already xboxhueg.
Current stats for 3x5:
1/1.5/2.5/3 pl8

Also, opinions on "young Jim wendler" 531?
>>
test
>>
>>42180625
Hey bro, let me get in on this... every human has different ways of fat distribution and fat is distributed all over your body... around your legs your arms your face neck ass and gut EVERYWHERE, even around your organs.

When you lose weight there is no way to target a specific area you're gonna just have to lose it on its own and let me tell you the lower body fat % you get to the harder it is to get even lower than that.

Think of it this way you've spent ~20 years of your life being a fat ass (no offense) you're not gonna get like zyzz in a year even 2 or 3 unless you get on the bike. Take pride in what you've done man you've extended your life considerably.

My other advice is cut cut cut, you'll thank yourself in the long run when you turn around and bulk, because if you bulk now you'll just look like a fat lard who's moderately strong.

you can make it brah just keep your head up.
>>
>>42180657
no it wont fuck your gains... just make sure you get good rest and eat good food. I'd go now because you'll have 2 days of rest.

Get swole breh.
>>
>>42181160

What are your goals anon? you tryin to get stronk or look like chad? I can't say much about your routine other than it lacks accessory work.
>>
>>42181194
For now, I just want to get my lifts up.
>Now is not the time for abs, that comes later.
>>
>>42173986
So what are the purpose and how do you use recovery items, like balls, bars, and foam rollers? Are they wastes of money or something nice to come home to after leaving my box?
>>
What is the typical sets/reps of negstif chins and progression look like?

Should all lifts focus on explosive speed and should I pause on all squats/bench?
>>
How to stay /fit/ while working? Didnt work a whole lot before, maybe like 10-20 hours a week. But Im working 45 hours a week now and all my lifts have gone down drastically. Im a manager at McDonalds so that pretty much means Im standing and running all day, sometimes with only like two ten minute breaks. I hit 315x5 squat right before I bumped my hours up, but now Im struggling with 225 again. Bench was at 205 struggling with 175. Beyond that too, standing all day strains my knee cartilage which has caused some injuries in my left knee.

Its really depressing seeing literally all my progress drained in a month. Tips to not lose all my gains?
>>
What if I only eat a 500 calorie meal a day that fills my daily nutrition and then workout and burn 1000 calories? Do I break my body?
>>
>>42181398
No you feel like shit and your body indiscriminately burns whatever fat or muscle is easiest in order to fuel you.
>>
File: IMG_2931.jpg (181KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2931.jpg
181KB, 960x960px
guys can you give me some advice for my routine?

I'm trying to get some hypertrophy, but my main goal is to have better endurance cause my field of work entails long walks over some pretty mountainous terrain often while carrying heavy shit

I don't have as much time as I would like for the gym and can only go three days a week, so I alternate the following:

A
3x8 Bench
2x8-12 Lat pulldowns
2x8-12 Cable rows
3x8 Press
2x8-12 Curl
2x8-12 Shrugs
5x5 Squat

B
3x8 Incline bench
3x5 Chin ups
2x8-12 Cable flys
2x8-12 lat raises
1x5 Deadlift

I have been lifting for little over two years
but I haven't been serious about being constant till some months ago, so I consider myself an intermediate beginner if at all

Also I feel like having Bench and Press on the same day will eventually be to much but I don't know if it would be okay to alternate it too

Right know i have super shit numbers, but I'm trying to focus a lot in my form and steadily increasing the weight with microplates

So I suppose I'm asking for any kind of advice that can help me reach my goals
Sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker

Thank you guys :)

pic kinda related
>>
>>42173986
Can NoFap make my erections harder?
>>
>>42181616
I'm on nofap and I wake up because I get such massive erections in the early morning.
>>
>>42176825
u look like a stronbger versionof this dancing guy on youtube (takesomecrime)
>>
should i lay off the cardio until my legs stop being sore? been a bit sore from doing squats. yesterday i popped an ibuprofren before doing my daily run on my elliptical
>>
Will cellulite disappear with weight loss and exersise?
>>
Is a 30 minute run good enough for cardio or should I be doing more?
Mostly doing it for heart gains.
>>
File: IMG_1772.png (853KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1772.png
853KB, 640x1136px
Any tips to stop my back rounding like this on deadlifts. I've got a really sore lower back after this session.
>>
Is it enough for abs if I do 3x10 ab rolls and 3x40s planks after every workout?
>>
what is the general consensus about the ideal push to pull ratio to avoid imbalances ?
I currently do as much pull as push but I heard some people do 3 pull sessions for 2 push sessions
>>
>>42173986
What does incel mean?
>>
>>42182046
Lower the weight and make sure your setup is correct. Look up the 5-step-setup from starting strength.

>>42182107
Depends whether you treat deadlift as a pull or a leg exercise. Generally, you'd do chinup/ohp and row/bench, and deadlift. And/or variations thereof, but that's the basic premise.

>>42182180
Involuntary celibate
I.e. wants a gf but can't get one.
>>
best fitness tracker out there for under $100?

are they worth it in the first place?
>>
I bought some Brooklea Authentic Greek Yoghurt from Aldi the other day and it's very high in saturated fat, will this matter at all?
>>
>>42181953
Yes. Generally, if you can't recover, eat and sleep more.

>>42181972
Yes. If you do both resistance training and cardio. Building muscle is what will "tone" your body.

>>42181973
Sure. Same as lifting applies here. You'll have to do more if you want to make progress past some point.
>>42182240
>>
>>42177065

/diy/ and a welder ;)
>>
>>42182240
Pen&paper is all you need to "track" your fitness.
>>
File: 1461411223985.jpg (69KB, 489x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461411223985.jpg
69KB, 489x600px
I'm doing SS, how ""crucial""" is the working out 3 times a week part
like will i be overtraining if i just go every other day meaning some weeks ill get in 4 workouts
>>
Had a heavy weekend took some MD, have not ate properly since Saturday. Still not been gym.

Dropped 2.5kg and look better than before I went out, is it possible to drop that much fat it short amount of time.

I have gone from 4000kcal a day to probably 1000kcal over the last few days.
>>
what would happen if I GOMAD soy milk?
cow milk gives me cramps
>>
In SS it says that you should do Chin-ups 3xF, if you can do 15, add weight

So what if i can do 15 reps now and i add weight, what's the rep range now? 3x5? Still 3xF?

pls respond
>>
>>42182322

It's fine until the weights start getting heavier.

You'll know when it's time to add in the extra rest day at the end of the week.

But by then (usually around 2pl8 squat) it'll be time to move on to a new routine. SS and Stronglifts are only good for introducing newbies to the gym and building a base foundation of strength.

You'll need to either modify the program to only 2 squats a week with more upper body work, or switch to a PPL/PHUL.
>>
>>42182855

3x5 and add weight each workout.

So chin-ups + 5lbs at 3x5
Then chin-ups +10lbs at 3x5.

Etc.
>>
I notice if I pull my torso back and basically kind of slouch such that I pull a bit of the tummy fat behind, I can see a bit of abs.. does that means I have abs to cut to?
>>
>>42182909
everybody has abs. depending on %bodyfat you can see them or not
>>
>>42182559
Water weight.

>>42182840
You'll grow tits and your dick stops working. No, I doubt that soy milk is a good replacement for cow milk when it comes to gomad. You'll have to find another way to get calories in.
>>
I've done hours of research before starting but I just cannot pick a beginner routine..

I just want a routine that doesn't just focus on strength but instead both strength and aesthetics. The amount of days at a gym doesn't matter to me so I can do as many as a program permits.

So far ICF looks the most appealing but everyone hates Blaha so I don't know what to think..
>>
How bad is eating a bunch of cookies to bulk up if I'm eating my other healthy foods for the day?
>>
>>42183084
Blaha had too many scoops, his routine is pretty good tho
>>
>>42183107
bigly bad
>>
Do beard pills really exist(outside of just being doses of testosterone)?

One my friends told me his friend back home bought this pills and he couldn't grow a beard for shit before the pills and now all of the sudden he can grow a full beard (confirmed with photos). What is this pill?
>>
Hey, I've been doing SL for around 2 months,

Im 173cm/5'8 and weigh 72.5kg.

Squat is 75kg
Bench Press is 40kg
Deadlift is 85kg
OHP is 27.5kg
So far, can do a max of 4 chinup reps

I have one problem, I'm struggling really bad with rows, im still stuck on 40kg. I can't bring the bar to my chest, is this normal? Are rows like OHP?
>>
>>42183163
>I'm struggling really bad with rows, im still stuck on 40kg
>Bench Press is 40kg

Bench and row should be about the same, so I don't see what the issue is besides an overall weak upper body.

My row is actually a bit weaker than my bench, so I'm going to try to even it out in the next few weeks.
>>
What's the difference between:

- bent over rows with overhand grip
- bent over rows with underhand grip
- kroc rows
- t-bar rows

Which specific muscles do they hit differently?
>>
Decent grip strength routine?
3 times a week:
Pinch lift 3x15-20seconds
Pronated finger curls 3x15-20
Pronated wrist curls 3x15-20
Supinated wrist curls 3x15-20

1day a week fat bar DL's 3x7-10@70% 1rm.
Fat bar for rows and other easier pulling (doing PHUL).
>>
>>42177828
I heard you gotta use two other drugs to make minoxidil work right? I guess use that to trigger more hair growth. Don't believe the memes about bitch tit growth. That affects like 1/billion people. >>42178201
It's perfectly normal. Since you're at low weight its easier to get through the workout. Focus on getting your form right to get back into the game.
>>42179619
Can you elaborate? Are you doing leg exercises first of all? You only mention push and pull exercises but not much for leg work. You probably do but I just wanna make sure we are clear.
>>42179686
Eating things that make you bloated would do that.
>>42179893
Find a new routine. Don't skimp some of your workout out.
>>42180312
A good rule to follow is that as long it doesn't slow your progress down on the main lifts you can add them.
>>42180607
I would eat something but I wouldn't just force myself to eat a fuckton before bed. Go sleep and eat better tomorrow.
>>42181325
Try lifting before your shift.
>>42182105
That seems fine.
>>42183163
On the lifting days that you don't do rows try doing pullups with some weight added (Dumbell between your legs or something). If you can't bring it to your chest it's because you're using a higher weight that you could handle. Lower it and work up to that weight again. Rows target different muscle groups than OHP.
>>
Whenever I do rows, I almost never feel any soreness or tiredness in my middle back. The weights are going up, but it doesn't feel like I'm actually working the muscles. Is this okay?
>>
>>42183418
Do you do Pendlay rows or bent over rows?
>>
>>42183428
I've been doing bent over and chest supported
>>
>>42183463
It may be an issue of form then. Try checking your form. If there isn't a problem. Do Pendlay rows, its harder to cheat on them. If you still don't feel anything get back to us brah.
>>
>07/07/2017 done 5x5 ohp 71lbs
>12/07/2017 tried 5x5 ohp 77lbs,didn't complate
>yesterday back to 71lbs and I couldn't do it

How the fuck happen I don't fucking understand this.
>>
>>42183542
OHP is really really hard to progress on. Maybe try deloading or less volume.
>>
How does one do pendlay rows of there is no bumper plates and I can't row 1pl8?
>>
>>42183613
why not just use smaller plates?
>>
>>42183628
Yeah but they are kinda too small to row off the ground in the pendlay position.. feels awkward.

Should I just keep doing regular rows?
>>
>>42183639
just pick the fucking bar up off the ground. It's not that heavy, you will be fine.
>>
>>42183244
Bump, also, checkem.
>>
>>42183648
Pendlays are supposed to be rowed from a dead stand.
>>
Is 3x bw squat / deadlift obtainable natty with average genetics? Without going under like 70kg bw ofc.
>>
>>42183084
Just do ss and add accessories.
>>
What does 1pl8 mean?
>>
Is it dumb to switch to texas method if my lifts are not that good. Really stalling out on ss. Takes about 3 sessions to add any weight. Been that way for over a month. Still gaining weight so yea I am eating enough?
>>
In the sticky i read that if your losing fat your also losing muscle tissue. Does that mean i wont gain any muscle untill i stop being a fat fuck?
>>
>>42184054
Linear progression ends at different points. As long as you're stalling and you're eating and sleeping right (and don't have a MAJOR stressor in your life) then you're done with ss
>>
>>42184219
I'm at 1/2/2/3 my legs are faggots. Maybe because I am older or because I work construction they don't seem to recover. Started texas last week and desu the actually feel like the are fresh between volume day and intensity day. So hopefully progression picks up. Thanks
>>
>>42183995
135lbs, or 45s on each side of the bar
>>
File: 1499487386665.gif (204KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1499487386665.gif
204KB, 500x375px
Is there any downside to using a belt while squatting?
>>
Possible causes for muscle spasm? Getting twitching (which I can see visually) in arms and chest/belly. Feels weird man.
>>
>>42184432
I've usually been told being dehydrated but otherwise ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>42184432
magnesium deficiency
>>
File: 1495903174925.png (417KB, 491x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495903174925.png
417KB, 491x500px
>set new squat and DL PRs on the same day
>knees feel... strained
>go to doc
>sends me to orthopedist or something
>tells me my patella are tracking on the outside edge of their paths instead of in the groove, causing abrasion behind the kneecap
>tells me to stop lifting and avoid shit like stairs and ladders or risk premature arthritis in my knees
>warns me I already have some
>can't work out anything that bends the knees
>can only do isometric contractions

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?
How do I build my quads, glutes, hams, etc now?
I've got decent legs right now but if I have to go my entire life avoiding lifts with knee movements they will surely atrophy.

Doc said my best bet was to wait several years and then get surgery once they get really bad.
He said it could take 10 years or it could take 30 but that eventually my knees WILL get fucked up enough to need replacement or to have the ligaments snipped and the patellas repositioned.
>>
I've been trying to cut to get more visible abs, but can't really seem to find the magic number I should be looking for. I'm already down to 1,650 calories a day (I'm 5'9" at 164 lb). An article I read on bodybuilding.com said to carb cycle and go as low as 9 calories per pound body weight, which would be a measly 1,476 a day. Is this accurate/necessary to do? I already feel like I don't have much energy at 1,650, and feel almost certain my lifts and strength are gonna go down the shitter if I drop that low. What do?
>>
File: female maji buu.gif (274KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
female maji buu.gif
274KB, 300x195px
Been cutting for a month, will I lose weight faster if I switch to Keto while maintaining same deficit?
>>
About to join my local boxing gym, what should I wear? just a plain tee, shorts and trainers right?
>>
been on a long term cut, happy with the results and want to lean bulk/bulk slowly so I can make gains while staying lean

how do I properly go from a 300kcals deficit to a 300kcals bulk?
>>
>>42173986
I tossed my lunch before cardio today, if I ate it 2 hours ago how many calories is it?! Do I just refeed the whole lunch later? Halp
>>
When i squat heavy i feel a strange pain sensation when i rerack the bar.

It kind of feels like my spine is DEcompressing.

Ive never had a injury before but this doesnt feel "normal" Its strange because i dont feel it until i take the load off my back and step away fro mthe bar.
>>
File: 1435904573926.gif (9KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
1435904573926.gif
9KB, 80x80px
Been lifting a year, 5'9" (174cm) 18yo.

Of those 12 months, 8 were for cutting (went from 172lbs to 135 lbs @ ~15%bf (79kg to 62), and got myself from fat to skellyfat (noodle arms, inexistent chest, but still some fat in butt and love handles).

Been 4 months on the cleanest bulk possible, getting as much muscle as I can. Thing is, I am now at ~70kg again and at 19%bf. Love handles are starting to look more noticeable again, and trousers are getting tighter, but I'm notice good musle improvements, specially in chest, shoulders and arms (I'm still training legs, don't worry).

Thing is, as it is already too late to cut for this summer, should I just keep on cleanbulk until the end of the year? I don't want to get fat but I would be even worse to become skelly again, and I want to get big.

What should I do, /fit/?
>>
>>42184428
Well, it's not that there are any real downsides, but it's only really necessary if you want to compete or stroke your ego. Yeah it helps you lift more, but why do you want to lift more? For the sake of lifting more? Then go ahead. To get stronger? You get stronger with or without a belt. A belt just gives you an easy 5-15% bump in your current lifting numbers.
>>
>>42185668
You won't be big after just one bulk. Either you cut and get to something between twink and otter mode, or you bulk through the whole thing and eventually in two years or so become built fat. Your choice.
>>
>>42184713
No
>>
>>42185146
Add 100kcal every week. Once you see the desired weight gain in the course of a week, stop adding calories.
>>
Can you build obliques or is it a meme? I have fucking morbid hips
>>
>>42185517
Where do you feel this decompression, upper, lower or whole spine? Does it also happen on deadlifts? Yeah, it doesn't sound normal and you should probably visit a doctor if there's any real pain.
>>
File: 1500373330882.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1500373330882.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>42173986
I tore my Coraco-clavicular Ligament 18 years ago - what implications does this have on my lifts? Any lifts I should avoid? Any that would help?
>>
>>42186009
You can add to the size of the obliques, but you can't change their shape. They don't grow faster or slower than any other muscles in your body and you have to hit them directly. Growing your obliques, won't make your hips look smaller, and unless you're sub 12% bodyfat you don't know whether your hips are wide or not.
>>
File: Superduperantipooper.png (805KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
Superduperantipooper.png
805KB, 370x370px
>>42173986

For you and anyone else that is lactose intolerant such as myself.
>suffer through life up to this point, accept that im going to have the shits whenever i have dairy, whey gets me really bad
>on a whim go visit the herbal jew, they recommend pic related
>next time i have my super shit inducing shake of 300ml milk and a scoop of whey, take one a few minutes before
>jaw hits the floor because colon does not
It's been 5 days and I haven't had a single experience of the dairy shits or any discomfort at all, I'd highly recommend anyone who suffers from this to try them, they're available in different brands and available on amazon and I think myprotein.
>>
what is the best PPL routine for bodybuilding oriented gains, i want mass not strength right now (did two weeks of SS and got all my newbie gains which left all of my lifts are respectable numbers for my size)
>>
>>42186032
Since you were probably very young, it shouldn't make a difference. When you're young, ligaments should heal completely over the course of a year or two. With this happening 18 years ago and you never aggravating the ligament again and your puberty taking in that time frame, it should be as good as new.
>>
File: 6bad6e6.jpg (10KB, 583x81px) Image search: [Google]
6bad6e6.jpg
10KB, 583x81px
1. Is 1 month too soon to incorporate chinups into SS? Also should I do them on DL day?

2. My mobility is shit, can't do power cleans, I'm already on starting stretching but it's been a month. Any recs?
>>
>>42186123
>2 weeks of SS
>got all my newbie gains
Bullshit, the maximum you could've added to your squat and deadlift in that time period is 30lbs and 15lbs on your upper body lifts, how much you lift, weight?

Coolcicada PPL is pretty good for a beginner, because it still includes linear progressive overload with the same deload principle as SS. It's like 10 times the volume of SS, so you'll probably feel like shit if you jump right into it. Try starting out with only 2 exercises or so per training day and add one after another over the course of a couple of months. Let your body adapt.
>>
>>42186226
6'1 135lb

squat went from 155x5 to 235x5
deadlift from 235x1 to 270x5
bench from 95x5 to 125x5
ohp from like 50x5 to 85x5

i plateaued about all of my lifts also
>>
Someone please help i'm really fucking confused.
How do i count calories of mince beef and meat in general? I try google 240g mince beef and it gives me so many options like 70% lean 30% fat 10% lean 90% fat or some shit like this, how am i supposed to know what this is and how to apply it? I don't think my local meat shop person knows either. I'm really struggling with counting calories with meat in general. Also eggs i know that scrambled eggs have more calories than raw egg but still a bit confusing here too.
>>
>>42185331
Also same poster here, if I'm in the gym 5 times a week ( 3 SS sessions and 2 thirty minute cardio + 15 min ab sessions) at 180 lb 6' tall is 2200 calories too low to cut? I've been cutting like this for 16 weeks now and i feel like trash. The weight is coming off but my ability to lift is pretty much at the most basic level. I went from pretty high bf ( I'd say around 22%) to now pretty low (~11%). The past few weeks my sex drive has also started to really taper off as well. Is cutting this hard ruining my muscles/hormones?
>>
>>42186264
Mate you need to eat
>>
>>42186160
1. Add chinups asap. Afaik, they're done on power clean day but once you reach the advanced novice stage where you only deadlift once a week and power clean once every two weeks and do back extensions 1-2 times a week they're done on back extension days. You don't have to follow SS to the dot, but if you want to, pick up a copy and do it, otherwise, just do chinups at the end of every workout.

2. Is your from rack position the problem? Try some youtube videos on olympic lifting. There are a lot of good stretches to improve your rack position in particular.
>>
Any pros or cons to a vertical horizontal split, over a push pull split? I feel like back to back days of pushing, and pulling movement's, in different directions, may give more muscle overlap, and higher frequency.
>>
Do girls care if their friends are fat? Would they stop hanging out with someone if they became obese?
>>
>>42175662
> mid pec area
jesus these people actually think they're qualified to give advice
>>
>>42186264
Are you lying on the internet? Weight increases on the squat are 5lbs every workout. 3 times a week, 2 weeks, makes 6 workouts. 6*5lbs is 30lbs. 155+30=185. In this time frame a squat higher than 185 would not have been possible unless you skipped weights. You didn't do SS.

Your upper body lifts also for some reason were way weaker from the get go, so this is not SS's fault.
>>
What is the best way to train when cutting in order not to loose muscle mass? Hypertrophy, resistance/strength endurance, max strength?
>>
>>42186307
>How do i count calories of mince beef and meat in general?
You measure the weight and read the label
>I try google 240g mince beef and it gives me so many options like 70% lean 30% fat 10% lean 90% fat or some shit like this, how am i supposed to know what this is and how to apply it?
You look at the label or you ask your butcher. Alternatively, you can also make a visual assessment. Just google "minced meat fat comparison" and you should get some pictures to compare to your beef.
>I don't think my local meat shop person knows either.
He should if he's sitting behind a counter and selling ground beef.
>I'm really struggling with counting calories with meat in general. Also eggs i know that scrambled eggs have more calories than raw egg but still a bit confusing here too.
What exactly is confusing? Cooking your eggs does not add calories. Just measure the weight of the eggs before making scrambled eggs, or a good guideline is, 1 large egg weighs around 60g and one medium around 50g once you remove the shell. If you add butter or other shit to your scrambled eggs, measure the weight and add the calories.

As a side note: Use my fitness pal if you aren't already. It's makes calculations unnecessary and you can just log stuff without having to think too much. Just compare the nutrient contents, because they often times are wrong. If something is wrong, you can just type in the nutrient contents yourself in the "my food" category.
>>
>>42186572
The best way to train, is training the same way as you did before you started cutting and keeping your deficit small. If you're a beginner, it literally doesn't make a difference. Just do SS and don't cut more than 500 calories, unless you're really fat.
>>
>>42185732
Wouldn't being able to lift a little bit heavier make me stronger? I mean I'm gonna start doing it especially if the only downside is autists will sneer.
>>
Lactose free milk. They put lactase enzyme in milk so it's safe for lactose intolerance. Pick up the rest in rice, potatoes, leafy greens, ground turkey and of course, chicken.
>>
5'10" 135 lb skinnyfat. Been running /fit/'s greyskull lp and doing cardio and calisthenics on off days. I want to take advantage of my noob gains, so I want to eat around maintenance or just slightly under. Is 2300 cals a day good to aim for?

>inb4 bulk, bodyfat is too high for that
>>
Decent grip strength routine?
3 times a week:
Pinch lift 3x15-20seconds
Pronated finger curls 3x15-20
Pronated wrist curls 3x15-20
Supinated wrist curls 3x15-20

1day a week fat bar DL's 3x7-10@70% 1rm.
Fat bar for rows and other easier pulling (doing PHUL).
>>
>>42186634
I don't think it would make too much of a difference in your progress. Even if it did, it only gives your squat and deadlift an advantage so your quads, glutes and hamstrings. So again, unless you're aiming to do powerlifting, or lifting heavy for your own sake, it's really not necessary.
>>
File: 267334.png (484KB, 818x688px) Image search: [Google]
267334.png
484KB, 818x688px
Guys, is it true that DNP stays in your body forever? Done 3 cycles so far, thinking about the fourth one for aussie summer, but recently I read zyzz passed away due to huge amounts of dnp in his body

i-is it true?
>>
>>42186710
Do you want to improve your grip strength for the deadlift or improve your forearm development? If you just want to improve grip strength for the deadlift, specificity is king. Hold a heavy or moderately heavy bar every workout. Do rows, do pullups, static holds, just anything where your hands hold the weight on a bar. Forearm development is something completely different and involves wrist curl, like you listed and on top, wrist extension and ulnar and radial deviation exercises.
>>
>>42186580
Thanks, i will try ask butcher whether he knows lean/fat percentage as i can't find anything online about fat comparison in ground beef image/guide.
>>
>>42186314
Can I get a (You) on this? Any nutritionfags here?
>>
>>42186779
>doing DNP
Not even arguing about whether it stays in your body or not, it's just downright retarded anyways. Why would you risk burning up alive or getting cataracts just because you're too lazy to diet properly? Everything DNP does can be achieved through a good diet.
>>
What's the difference between regular chin ups and pull ups and cable exercises mimicing those movements (like a lat pulldown)
>>
File: mn-mince-fat.png (189KB, 677x208px) Image search: [Google]
mn-mince-fat.png
189KB, 677x208px
>>42186811
No problem. See if it's comparable to one of these 3 examples.
>>
>>42186838
Degree that you will look like a retard
>>
>>42186314
If you're actually below 13% bf, this is the part where cutting becomes significantly harder for most people and you might start losing significant amount of lean mass and experience low test and energy levels. Might be necessary to add a refeed day if you want to continue cutting to a lower body fat. In any case cutting below 8-10% is not healthy, even if it looks sick as fuck.
>>
>>42186838
It's the difference of a squat to a leg press. A squat will have significant carry over to the leg press but not the other way. A chinup will have significant carryover for the supinated close grip lat pulldown, but not the other way. The reason for this is stabilizers. It's the same as machines vs free weight.
>>
>>42186707
Bulk. You need to eat. You're not fat, you are malnourished. Get as many calories as you can, everyday, from clean nutritious foods.
Cut out the garbage sugars, and carbs.
>>
>>42186895
Here's a pic, using waist - neck and looking at navy chart for height I'm around 11% assuming no bloat. Excuse the dirty mirror. Do you think 2100 calories is too little or is 2400/2500 more accurate for my size?

Thanks for the (You)
>>
>>42186927
You don't look that lean, you still have noticable love handles and barely visible upper abs, unless that's due to flappy skin. In any case, it depends on your activity level. Judging by the activity levels you've given, I'd say 2100 are too little. Maybe try around 2400. You'll be losing more slowly but less of is it going to be muscle.
>>
>>42185517
I get the decompression as well, it isn't so much a pain though, not sure if we're normal or not
>>
>>4218680
DL's and pinch strength for stupid shit like tearing decks of cards is priority, but why not do the full grip routine and sprinkle some fatbar work?
>>
>>42187011
I don't feel too lean either but that's what the formula gave me. I've been losing ~2 lbs a week for a while so I've got a lot of loose skin eight now. I'm probably just not eating enough which is why I feel like shit. I do carry %90 of my fat around my waist, I don't have much on my legs or arms I don't think but that bf estimate varies by +/-3%, and I would say I look around 14%. I will eat some more and keep cutting until summer is over. Thanks pham.
>>
Rate routine:
A:
>Squat 531
>Bench 531
>Chinups 3xF (bodyweight)
>Abs/Core
B:
>Power Clean 531
>Deadlift 531
>Dips 3x5 (weighted)
>Abs/Core
C:
>Front Squat 531
>Press 531
>Chinups 3x5 (weighted)
>Abs/Core

Goals are Mass, Strength and Power for Rugby.
>>
File: retarded.gif (1024KB, 218x228px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.gif
1024KB, 218x228px
Can someone please red pill me on fewer reps with heavier weight vs. more reps with lighter weight, but volume is pretty much the same.
>>
>>42187163
Porque no los dos? PHUL.
>>
>>42187163

tension of fiber will cause a greater stimulus. the greater the tension, the greater the stimulus. think about it. If you're pushing down on your arms with twice as much force, it's going to stimulate and cause your tissue to taken more stress and have to adapt to tolerate that stress.

If you could do singles and reach the same volume as a 50 rep set, then you would be arnold mode, but life and being a pussy gets in the way.
>>
I binged well over 10,000 calories yesterday. Is a day or two of only water, black coffee, a multivitamin, and fish oil going to fuck me up?
>>
>>42186924
Already said I'm not going to bulk. I'm going to be recomping for a while
>>
>>42187178
>Porque no los dos? PHUL
Just alternate from week to week?
>>42187219
I don't get it, so which one is better for what? Is it STR vs. END?
>>
>>42187244
>well over 10,000 calories
What the fuck do people eat to get this much calorie? Half a truck of ice cream?
>>
BF% Guess? How much more fat to lose before I can see abs/not look like shit? -150 hoping not miles more to go. Thanks fellas
>>
>>42187163
For muscle growth, it's the same, but to increase your 1RM you have to lift heavy weight to increase the neural adaptation. So, 3x5 with 80% makes you stronger than 2x10 with 60%
>>
>>42187244
Nah, a couple of days of fasting shouldn't have any adverse effects.
>>
>>42187412
What if I want to lose weight?
>>
>>42187464
Eat less.
>>
>>42187410
About 16%.

Keep at it bro.
>>
>>42187353
I got drunk and started baking. Ended up with at least five cups of oats in my stomach along with all sorts of other pastries. Probably had more sugar in a single day than I usually eat in two or three weeks.
>>42187425
Thanks.
>>
>>42187496
I am, but I also exercise in the gym.
>>
>>42187292
Recomp, aka doing nothing.
>>
Completely new to lifting, just started Stronglifts 5x5. Is there any exercises I can do in addition to the program to help target things the program doesn't hit too well?
>>
>>42186022
Upper. No pain beyond the initial feeling.

>>42187012
Can you describe how it feels? Is it only when you rerack?
>>
When adding accessories to Greyskull LP should I do the same accessories every day or mix them up? e.g. Have curls on workout A and tricep extensions on workout B (or should I do both on both days)
>>
going to order some fish oil and d3. what else should i buy? some multi?
>>
1) Will working chest and getting pecs help stop nips poking through my shirt?

2) redpill me on static stretches, are they bad for you? What's a better way to warm up and cool down if so?

3) are crunches a meme? I've read they can fuck up your spine, true or not?
>>
Is PHUL a meme routine or solid for moving on from GSLP and wanting some more aesthetics?
>>
Started a traditional 5/3/1 with the "triumvirate" accessory choice this week.

The volume seems kind of low compared to what I've been doing (5x5 linear progression), I'm assuming this will even itself out as I continue to set PRs?

Also, how hard can I go on accessory lifts? 50 reps at 50% gets a good pump going but damn it wears me out.
>>
>>42188056

1: nope. Pierce those hershey's kisses or buy some bandaids

2: They're ok for loosening up, but don't stretch like you would before a run. Look up dynamic stretching, you want to get blood moving and move through the full range of motion a few times.

3: crunches are a meme because they do very little for your overall fitness and they won't get you a 6-pack. Do leg lifts, pull ups, planks and eat right instead. Anything can fuck up your spine if you do it poorly, crunches included.
>>
>>42174604
I used to puke as a kid, my mum was smart enough to figure out what was causing it, goats milk for life bby
>>
>>42187600
I was really shitty at squats when I started. Goblet squats with a single dumbell helped me build my balance and stability.

Otherwise, just focus on hitting the reps and increases regularly. When I got too greedy or creative with extra stuff, my main lifts suffered for it and slowed me down.
>>
>>42173986
How do I come up with a gym program?
>>
>>42184632
Shit man that sounds really bad. Go to different doc maybe get several opinions. Worst case scenario just train upper body and become new bench press king or so. You'll still get aesthetic.
>>
>>42183242
Don't do rows with underhand grip, the one who popularized them got a bicep tear from doing them.
A regular row hits the upper back generally, that's generally why bodybuilders say rows are for the "thickness of the back".
Kroc rows help build grip strength for sure, when I do them I feel my lats stretching like crazy, also they hit the lower traps.

T-bar rows hit the traps more than a regular row.
>>
Should i even be counting calories/macros if my only goal is to lose weight?

All i eat is chicken or tuna mixed with vegetables. every day. and water.

I'm 6' 1", 166 lbs and want to get down to about 155 ish.

i can literally eat all the chicken/tuna and vegetables i want, right?
>>
>>42188752
Dieting too hard is not good. TDEE -500 calories, if you stop losing weight, substract some more calories. Get enough protains and fats
>>
Anyone got a source of good recipes for when doing exercises?
>>
>>42188895

>dieting too hard is not good

please explain why

>TDEE -500

i'm pretty much there already, based on my current meticulous calorie counting

thanks btw
>>
Besides lifting, what other constructive hobbies i can have to substitute League/stupid multiplayer games? Also, how to get my social fix to retain charisma?
>>
>>42189100
>Also, how to get my social fix to retain charisma?
Do /tg/ things.
>>
>>42183084
gzcl lp? Or greyskull lp? Nsun 531? 531 for beginners?
>>
File: pepe_1125.jpg (92KB, 249x243px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_1125.jpg
92KB, 249x243px
If CICO is true, then why not get all of your nutrition from solely carbs? An entire loaf of Nature's Own Honey Wheat bread is only 1400 calories (70 calories per slice times 20 slices). This will be very filling throughout the day (won't be hungry) and is well under how many calories most people will burn per day. Why would it be wrong to do this if CICO is true?
>>
>>42189252

CICO is true but what your comment is a classic example of how/why so many people misinterpret it

>Why would it be wrong to do this

myriad of health problems. not enough vitamins/minerals and a bunch of other shit

but hey, you'd be thin amirite
>>
What to transition to after doing PPL? I really liked squatting/benching/diddlys on different days
>>
>>42181827
Is it weird that I fap everyday but this still happens to me every morning, does it mean I have high test?
>>
Is there such a thing as too much fruit in a day? I'm worried about the high sugar. Max I'd be eating is a banana, orange and 100g of blueberries/raspberries
>>
Question about stomach vaccuums.

I mostly feel them in my obliques. Is that what it's supposed to feel like, or am I fucking it up somehow?
>>
>>42189461

There is such a thing as too much fruit but the amount you're eating is perfectly fine.
>>
>>42189526
Thanks anon
>>
>>42189413
Totally normal
>>
>>42189498
The TVA, which is the muscle you're training while doing a stomach vacuum, is situated under the obliques.
>>
>>42190182

Alright guess I'm doing them right then. Thanks m8.
>>
someone make a new thread pls
>>
>>42189100
relutanctly bumping this again.
>>
Should i increase/skip the weight on 5x5 if it's easy instead of adding 5lbs each time? or will that cause some sort of problem for me? I've seen a post saying that i'm heading towards snap city if i skip weights instead of going linearly
>>
>>42181090
you can't spell happiness without penis
>>
>>42190880
That guy who said /tg/ things is right.
I'd some of my best times with bros playing games.

Especially if you can wrangle a D&D game with a good DM.
Some of the best fun
>>
do I lock my elbows at the top of the bench or only for ohp?
>>
>>42183244
hold a bar with weights for a 2-3 min, add weight accordingly
>>
>>42183995
1 plate which is 45 lbs on each side
>>
>>42187410
Are you gonna do surgery?
>>
Anyone have that "no DNP before and after pictures" image? It's a distorted head with the text underneath. Going to take DNP after my PR week and remembered it
>>
>>42186927
get rid of those retarded gages you colossal faggot
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.