[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Muay Thai /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Redpill me on Muay Thai /fit/
>>
>>42163869
one of the better striking arts for competition and self defense
>>
1/2 -- Here is my life because I have time to waste this evening.

I'm not Murican but you'll understand anyway.

I'm 36 years old and I started muay thai last year. I did it for 10 months, twice a week, and will start again in September when the gym opens again.
I go there twice a week for 2 hours but I could do more. I was overweight, and I lost a lot of weight.

It may be specific to our gym but we do 40 minutes of conditioning. Jump rope, pushups, some lifting, pullups, burpess, running... while the coach shouts that you're too fucking lazy. You cannot stop or he will kick your ass. It's a bit like Full Metal Jacket. You feel your fat moving all over the place, your heart is pounding and you want to die. Try not to eat a lot before, or you'll puke (I almost puked a few times). My coach is dedicated but he's very kind when he sees that you progressed. He will also be proud if you stay for the whole year instead of being one of those who quit during the first 3 months.

The second part of the course is a mix of shadow boxing, technical training (either with mitts for the punches and/or big mitts for the legs), practicing combos with a guy (who does the same as you), punching and kicking a heavy bag (kicking the bag is my personal favorite, I do it a few minutes before the main course starts) and light to medium sparring (light with the pros because they don't need to punch violently, medium with the morons who can't refrain themselves).

For 3 months, I was unfit and had no muscles. I had bruises everywhere because of the fights, and hid them with long-sleeved shirts at work (writing software, they wouldn't understand that you like being kicked in the face).
>>
2/2 -- Buy gloves (ask the coach if it's 14 or 16 oz), a mouthgard (THE MOST IMPORTANT), shorts that go way above the knee or you won't be able to kick (and it doesn't matter if you look like Tom Selleck in Magnum PI because we respect those who can kick), 1 BIG BOTTLE OF WATER (because you will drink all of it during the lesson), handwraps (because your hands will hurt if they move inside the gloves), massage oil when you go home because your whole body will hurt, and a jump rope.

I go from 8PM to 10PM, then I go home, drink half a liter of tea and I go to sleep because it's exhausting but I'm happy.

The result of those 10 months: I lost a fuckton of weight, I am not depressed anymore (because you have some kind of survival instinct that kicks in when you're punched in the face like "Oh I'm so depressed, health at every size... OMG I'M GONNA DIE HE WANTS TO KILL ME!!!"), I got muscles that I didn't knew existed (especially in the legs and in the back), I earned some respect from this new family.

Cardio is important because you must last for 3 minutes during the fights. Light sparring is very fun. Put your hands up, it's important to be protected, then you'll retaliate. You can run, swim, lift on the side to add some improvements. I do all this already and I'll add "block climbing" next week because it seems fun and good for the whole body.

I don't remember everything because I stopped going 3 weeks ago but ask if you have any questions.
>>
3/2 -- Because I can.

TL;DR: Muay Thai is going to crush you physically and mentally, and you will love it and ask for more.
>>
The closest one near me is so fucking expensive
>150 bucks a month
fuck that
>>
I had an autistic, manlet roommate who did it so that should tell you everything.
>>
>>42163869
One of the most physically and mentally demanding sports you can do

Nothing bad can happen from attending a class and seeing if you enjoy it
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.