[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will fasting 16 hours a day help me lose weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: 1338558811145.jpg (63KB, 405x551px) Image search: [Google]
1338558811145.jpg
63KB, 405x551px
will fasting 16 hours a day help me lose weight?
>>
>>42159071
yes
>>
>>42159071
Just make sure you drink a lot of water and a pinch or two of salt
>>
>>42159071
>Will not eating food help me lose weight?
I can't imagine how. Most the WWII holocaust victims got fatter and fatter before they died of heart attacks. Or am I mistaken?
>>
>>42159108
>holocaust
He fell for the jewish lies
>>
>>42159071

No. Aside from being unhealthy for a multitude of reasons, your body will simply enter starvation mode and you will not lose weight as easily as by careful dieting and exercise.
>>
>>42159071
If you don't eat pure garbage, then yeah.

You don't have to be too strict, but the cleaner you eat, the more you'll lose.
>>
>>42159132
Fasting is unhealthy? Is water poisonous too, Dr. Cumguzzler?
>>
>>42159132

>16 hours fasting unhealthy
>starvation mode

Lmao, you're one of the phaggots who think they will metabolise all gains if they dont eat protein every three hours, arent you?
>>
>>42159115
It was real you cunt
>>
>>42159108
You eat the same amount of food in a small designated window. Intermittent fasting works.
>>
Is 16 hours a long time to fast? An 8-hour eating window could be like 10am-6pm, which is basically a normal day. Are people constantly eating from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to bed? No wonder everyone is getting fat. I often eat one big meal mega-meal a day which is like a 23-hour fast.
>>
>>42159220
no, it's just 16:8. lots of people do it. most of them eat from 12 to 8 though
>>
>>42159071

It depends. If you fast 16 hours then you eat 4000 calories in 8 hours with no exercise then no. You are better off just counting calories and eating chicken breast + vegetables for lunch and dinner + a light breakfast and "fast" between meals.
>>
>>42159071
I've been doing this for like 3 weeks/ a month, and it really works, the first days can be problematic since you're not used to it. I also deleted soda from my diet to get better results. A lot of people have told me that i look better, i don't know how much weight i've lost though, i haven't weighed myself yet.
>>
>>42159132
>fasting
>intermittent fasting
a not so small word can make a huge difference.

OP: I've switched to IF because I don't have the time for a proper meal during my work day and ended up eating shit sandwiches in between.
Once my body got used to it, it was much easier to control my weight, because I could prepare one large meal in the late afternoon that contains everything I need.
I haven't read so much background info yet, but It sure as hell is an option to consider.
>>
>>42159303
Did you tell them you're fasting?
>>
>>42159071
Depends on what you eat in the other 8 hours
>>
>>42159303
Actually no, none of them asked me for my "trick" or anything like that.
Also just to add to my previous comment, everytime i wake up i drink a glass of water, and if i start to feel hungry at work i drink just 1 cup of black coffe. I only eat from 2 pm to 10 pm.
>>
>>42159392
Meant for >>42159368
>>
>>42159392
There is no way youve lost fat for 3 weeks from switching to IF. You probably eat less salt or something.
Also
>eating before bedtime
>>
>>42159411
Well i do IF and Lift, so maybe it added up?, also yeah i eat protein meals before bedtime (i go to the gym at night), is that a bad thing?
>>
>>42159411

Theres literally nothing wrong with eating before bedtime

The after-meal sleepiness knocks me out. Trying to fall asleep on an empty stomach is not pleasant
>>
500 cal deficit
16/8 fast
Carb cycling
Heavy Barbell Training/20 min cardio alternating days
Gone from 98kg to 82kg in 6 months, lifts have increased.
Multivitamin/Fish oil/Ascetly L-Carnitine + BCAAs (prob not necessary either of these but more of a habit than anything)
Cup of green tea with each meal, only water and sugarless soft drink occasionally.

As for macros/cheat meals etc. I literally just eat whatever the fuck I want as long as I hit that calorie and protein goal.
>>
>>42159132
why dont you read a little about a toppic before start talking about it you fucking retard
>>
I OMAD and started off using adderall but now I can just survive without the adderall for appetite suppression. I'm eating at a deficit but IDK about the additional health benefits. Hopefully it's muscle sparing
>>
>>42159108

This level of sarcasm makes you look like a massive unfunny cunt.
>>
>>42160104
Unfortunately, most of the autists on thos board do not understand subtlety. They don't understand many social situations. If you want this special ed class known as /fit/ to track what you're saying, you have to really lay it on thick.

Also, your opinion means nothing to me.
>>
>>42159071
Yes but unsustainable in the long run
>>
>>42159095
OP you need to do this if you start getting headaches. I did 72 hour fasts/eating two days a week to lose weight and it worked but the sides are pretty bad. no sleep, dizzy sometimes, headaches.
>>
>>42159280
/thread
>>
File: 6 gorillion mindset.jpg (130KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
6 gorillion mindset.jpg
130KB, 600x850px
>>42159209
in my mind
>>
>>42160141
>getting this shitter shattered
>>
>>42159071
Yes.

>>>42159108
It's been 15 min bro. You better go down your Larabar. Gotta keep that metabolism going amirite?
>>
>>42159209
>eating a bait this obvious
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.