[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I cook grasshoppers so I can eat them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170715-081422_01.png (668KB, 1080x1692px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170715-081422_01.png
668KB, 1080x1692px
It's has lots of protein in it. I know a park which is filled with these things, I can just go and catch them to get free extra calories. So how do I cook them so I can eat them "safety" ? Also is there any other insects that I can eat?
>>
You may toss them directly into the deep fryer and fry them, 30 seconds or less.

Also lightly roasting them with oil and a sprinkle of salt is advisable if you don't want to deep fry.

After roasting them properly they can be ground to flour and added to shakes for extra protein.

You can also straight up eat them, but they are fairly unpalatable in their unprocessed state, they taste a million times better roasted or fried, kind of like chips or popcorn.

I highly recommend eating those if you can get pounds of them for little effort.
>>
Nah bro
>>
Remove legs and head. All the spiky bits.
A tiny bit of canola oil with spices and fry that shit with a side of rice.
Idrk lmao.
Might want to hit up /ck/
>>
Wild caught grasshoppersay contain parasites. You should breed your own.
>>
>>42146335
You don't need to cook them, they taste like almonds. Once while I was drunk and there was a locust plague in my town I just decided to pick them out of the sky and eat them and they're not that bad so long as you ignore the fact that you're eating bug guts and poo along with it.
>>
>>42146606
This man is smart.
>>
>>42146335
Dont catch wild ones,
Full of nasty shit and god knows where theyve been.

Breed your own. Look it up (homemade cricket breeeding) piss easy and super cheap.

I keep reptiles and i often snack on these mofo when i have too much
>>
>>42146603
You don't have to remove nothing, it can all be eaten. It's basically just an exoskeleton made of chitin filled with some goo.

Roast it up, turn of your brain that says "eww bugs", and enjoy a crunchy crisp eating experience.

>>42146606
That's not a bad idea, an insect farm can output larg amounts of protein for cheap. I would prefer locust over grasshopper for breeding purposes.
>>
I prefer cockroaches myself
>>
File: 49er pepe.png (422KB, 545x563px) Image search: [Google]
49er pepe.png
422KB, 545x563px
>>42146606
>You should breed your own

they reject me
>>
>>42146841
Oh god its you
>>
I've discovered the best fitness food but I'm keeping it secret so normalfags don't ruin it.
>>
>>42146852
>tfw no qt cricket girl gf
>>
>that first crunch of the day
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.